• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OBscene 1.0 - Ottawa, Ontario - Feb 28th - COME PLAY HOLY

buenob

Smash Lord
i'll have $40 in 5's before the tournament starts, already had that planned

and as for the venue fee, the insurance came to 98 bucks plus chance, and then I had to get a certified cheque to mail them which cost another 7... I'll be taking $200 even out of the entry money to reimburse myself, so there's an extra ~15 bucks I just added to the pot HYPE!!!!!3

IvanEva

Smash Ace
IvanEva, I'm gonna be there sorta late getting there. Like 9:30-11ish kinda late.

Thanks for offering by the way.
Ok. My mother is expecting you (although she's a bit paranoid that you're going to kill her :p). Feel free to use the Wii. Just use the TV remote to turn the input to... whatever plays the Wii. I'll be there later.

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Ok. My mother is expecting you (although she's a bit paranoid that you're going to kill her :p). Feel free to use the Wii. Just use the TV remote to turn the input to... whatever plays the Wii. I'll be there later.
Yeah I'm way too lazy to kill anyone so no worries there.

Thanks again.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I am still in need of a partner, and I can't wait until tomorrow! If someone would like to team with a jigglypuff, I'd like to know!

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
I should warn you all of my craptastic skills and inexperience with tournies.

Everyones gotta start somewhere though, right?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Any lack of Wiis right now?
If I can save myself from hauling one over from Montreal, I won't bother.
I can also bring Component cables if need be.

buenob

Smash Lord
please bring your wii's + brawl, there is some shortage...

I have 7 tv's with me right now, so that's how many i'm bringing... if you can, bring a tv, there's room... if you can't, bring a wii+brawl because they're needed... hey, worst case, just pack brawl with your stuff so we dont' end up in the lamest situation possible...

if anyone can get in touch with ambrose via phone, tell him to call me at six one three seven six nine one for seven one... that's my number for those who _need_ to know it

see you all at noon today!!3

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
someone please play melee there i think im going to stop by hopefully just to say HI and play some MELEE!

buenob

Smash Lord
guys, as sated before, the time on this tournament is going to be tight... and not the good type of tight where everyone high-fives afterwards...

if there's a free TV, please come ask me if theres time to temp turn it into a melee TV :) I won't 100% say no

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Alright Ben, I'll be bringing my wii with brawl (and everything unlocked). :3 Just to clarify, this is the same church that ToS5 was in, correct?

Also, it's still unclear whether or not I have a partner. :S

Fogel

Smash Lord
someone please play melee there i think im going to stop by hopefully just to say HI and play some MELEE!
I'll bring it, but if Ben doesn't want it to be played I am going to respect that.

Alright Ben, I'll be bringing my wii with brawl (and everything unlocked). :3 Just to clarify, this is the same church that ToS5 was in, correct?

Also, it's still unclear whether or not I have a partner. :S
Yes, it's the same place as ToS5.

I thought you were going to team with HiDef? He's going and I'm pretty sure he will need a partner. I may steal him from you if Harold doesn't show though :p

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'll bring it, but if Ben doesn't want it to be played I am going to respect that.

Yes, it's the same place as ToS5.

I thought you were going to team with HiDef? He's going and I'm pretty sure he will need a partner. I may steal him from you if Harold doesn't show though :p

Alright, thanks.

I was pretty sure, too, but I don't think it was confirmed. That's why I said it was unclear.

infomon

Smash Scientist
If this church has open wireless internet access (o_O) then I can totally livestream.

......... but I doubt it does, so I won't bother bringing my laptop...... lulz.

Everyone remember: SAVE ALL REPLAYS. Aside from a couple of cams, that's the only way we're going to get anything from this tourney recorded....... some of the Wii's are hacked with the any-length-replay mod so try to save everything.

§witch

Smash Lord
Provided I can find a tiny (in file size) recording program that I can fit on a memory key, I can record with my capture card on ThatGuy's laptop lol.

EDIT: Got one, we're good to go on that count.

zaf

Smash Lord
top 10 singles
1-ally
2-holy
3-kingace
4-ambrose
5-chet
5-steb
7-zaf
7-buenob
9-joel
9-kage
9-stef

i do not remember the other person who placed 9th,
but there were a lot of mtl people in the top 10.
Good stuff boys

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Not many important vids were recorded, unfortunately. I personally have every match from Pool 2 (KingAce, Stef, Steb, Retlaf, LiveWireX...yeah the death pool :p), loser's finals of doubles, and some random bracket matches up until Switch had to leave (which was relatively early in the bracket). Basically I have a few hours worth of matches you can all enjoy.

Whatever Steb and I have recorded at this tournament, we will be uploading them to the account http://www.youtube.com/user/MTLSmash so feel free to subscribe :).

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if those melee matchs will be uploaded kage's g anon is mad good just looked up his vids on youtube... amazing stuff! TY for hosting the tournament it was fun

swordgard

Smash Hero
top 10 singles
1-ally
2-holy
3-kingace
4-ambrose
5-chet
5-steb
7-zaf
7-buenob
9-joel
9-kage
9-stef

i do not remember the other person who placed 9th,
but there were a lot of mtl people in the top 10.
Good stuff boys
Props to holy for finally getting 2nd place, props to crew members too.

Top Bottom