• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OBscene 1.0 - Ottawa, Ontario - Feb 28th - COME PLAY HOLY

infomon

Smash Scientist
It just so happens that I'll be driving Toronto -> Ottawa on Friday evening...... so if there are any Toronto smashers that need a one-way ride to Ottawa........ lulz

zaf: that really sucks dude, srry about ur car :(

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Zaf, I'm asorry about the car, ****ty deal man.

Looks like Ottawa is going to be pooling money for the montreal transportation charity.

I got a spare 50 bucks if that helps anyone.

buenob

Smash Lord
mike, you'll be passing through k-town on the way no? also, post on the gta/n thread

edit - there's a total of 90 bucks currently on the table for people from zaf's car to bus down to ottawa... when I win, i'll donate more ;)

zaf

Smash Lord
THIS JUST IN

The cops found my car. It was removed on the street for snow plow.
I dont live in the area so i dont know the hours.
It was moved like 5 or 6 blocks away which is why i didn't find it.
and the towing company didnt register it as towed which is why there was chaos.

My car is once again coming

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
mike, you'll be passing through k-town on the way no? also, post on the gta/n thread
If that last bit was directed at moi, what is the "gta/n" thread.

Anyway, I DO just so happen to have an 32 LCD, Wii, and a copy of Brawl I could bring. But I would need some form of transportation back to Kingston if I were to bring a TV, one that isn't a bus. on the other hand I could take a wii/brawl and take a bus back...

What are buses nowadays.... 30 bucks?

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Psh, well if I get a free ride TO Ottawa I can afford the entrace fee and the bus trip back, (although its only about 50 bucks, its pushing it for me. (I R Poor if you hadn't guessed. XD)
All that money just to lose miserably in the first round. XD
So yeah, Free ride = sign me up. Er, no TV though.

buenob

Smash Lord
don't bother with the TV... it's got HD lag and no one will play on it... i would friendly, but I wouldn't play a tournament match on it...

I'll have word later tonight on exactly when we can get in, and I'm pretty sure they're not gonna call the LAPD on us at 9:30 on the dot lol

also - zaf, i assume you have housing arrangements for your car or you're driving home sat night? I have already agreed to house the other car from M, but I could definitely hold you all if you brought sleeping bags...

PND

Smash Champion

edit - there's a total of 90 bucks currently on the table for people from zaf's car to bus down to ottawa... when I win, i'll donate more ;)
Me Mike? Or Infzy Mike?

If me: Why do you ask?

zaf

Smash Lord
don't bother with the TV... it's got HD lag and no one will play on it... i would friendly, but I wouldn't play a tournament match on it...

I'll have word later tonight on exactly when we can get in, and I'm pretty sure they're not gonna call the LAPD on us at 9:30 on the dot lol

also - zaf, i assume you have housing arrangements for your car or you're driving home sat night? I have already agreed to house the other car from M, but I could definitely hold you all if you brought sleeping bags...
i will be going back home, i have to work =/

buenob

Smash Lord
pnd - other mike :p

*still trying to convince them for more time, a 100% set in stone schedule will be up friday night so don't worry, you _will_ know exactly what's going on before the tournament day*

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Yeah I did that on purpose.

BUT ANYWAY I might as well ask directly, is anyone going from West of Kingston to Ottawa, and then back again for the tourney? If so it'd be much appreciated to get a ride..

Don't feel obliged to have a stranger in your car though.

If you happened to read any of that, thanks for reading.

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
I don't know what to do, man D: Sorry. I mean..well..if somebody else wants to help fund you, I'll pitch in.
If you're talking to me, its not really that big a deal, I mean if someone was going that way and back already it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't want to take another's money.

Unless they're very willing to give it.:chuckle:

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Well thats awesome, now if anyones driving from anywhere west of Kingston to Ottawa that'd be great...

You know what? I sound pretty beggy right here...

infomon

Smash Scientist
Freaking Luigi: So, I'm an Ottawa smasher driving through Kingston to Ottawa tomorrow (Friday) evening. I'm totally willing to pop into Kingston to give you a free ride to Ottawa. However I'm not sure what time I'll be passing through Kingston, it's a one-way trip, and I can't house you.

If those conditions don't bother you, PM me your address / phone #, and I'll reply with my cell# to coordinate pickup.

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the offer. If anyone has any space, like a couch or something, that I could sleep in, PM me asap.

That or I could live at Tim Hortons for 12+ hours, but I'd rather not live on coffee.

Matt07

Smash Master
Your going to have to take me off the list for this, I can't make it.

I'm really sorry guys.

I'm posting this again because I'm still on the list for a set-ups and stuff.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Thanks for the offer. If anyone has any space, like a couch or something, that I could sleep in, PM me asap.

That or I could live at Tim Hortons for 12+ hours, but I'd rather not live on coffee.
I can house you if you come early enough (party to go to tonight). Infzy knows where I live. Infzy, call me if you're picking him up and dropping him off at my place. 613-829-6076.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah, I have been super sick and not really up to managing the list, and there's a tonne of people not on it either... at this point I'm not going to bother updating it, it was only to hype up the number of people coming :)

--

we will be there at 11am setting up, please try not to show up before 11:30 if you can, but if you do there are some nice pink seats for you to sit in while we run around setting stuff up :)

buenob

Smash Lord
randy you have to take him up on that :) if you don't, i'll punch you in the face lol

depending on time, and if we play in the tourney I may want to also take you up on it... mostly I don't want to have 2 ditto's with you lol... or maybe i'll try with zamus... I'll think about it :)

--

ps. my friend colin, who to be honest is decent but not great at the game, is going to need a teams partner tomorrow, he's a lucario main

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Lol zaf, ****ing joker.

Can't wait to see how well I'll do on this one~
If I ever see you at the tourney I must show you something.

OH and Ben, try to bring as much change like $5's and $10's as you can to the tourney. I remember ToS5 having a lot of 20's and it was getting pretty slow trying to find change back.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'll be there tomorrow with Ambrose, Ace, PNDMike and Niko. I'll be bringing my Wii and a little something extra. :)

Also... I'm not sure if Ambrose/Phil/Niko have anything in mind, but... Am I housing with anyone/who would be able to house me?

buenob

Smash Lord
it'll be good to see you again ulevo, we had some pretty good battles in niko's basement...

also, please refrain from anything "extra" until around 6pm... I know that may be hard for some but there is another event going on in the church until then, and i do _not_ want any complaints

if I can't tell, they can't tell, so that's all good... but if ANYONE even thinks of doing anything within eyesight / earshot of the venue, I will falcon pawnch them in the balls

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I'll be there tomorrow with Ambrose, Ace, PNDMike and Niko. I'll be bringing my Wii and a little something extra. :)

Also... I'm not sure if Ambrose/Phil/Niko have anything in mind, but... Am I housing with anyone/who would be able to house me?
If you don't mind sleeping in the same futon with another guy, you can stay at my place. I won't be there until midnight but my mother/brother will let you in. I live at 2929 Carling Ave. apt 101. The ring up is 101 as well (last name: Sotomayor).

Top Bottom