• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OBscene 1.0 - Ottawa, Ontario - Feb 28th - COME PLAY HOLY

buenob

Smash Lord
doubles first, then singles pools, then singles... I'd like doubles to be over by 3:30 or 4 (more like 4:30 to be realistic) and expect singles to start immediately after that, and run until 9:30-10:30

arsenic41

Smash Ace
besides the Ganon ditto I have with a certain warrior, I would also other money matches.

Bo3 4$ money match anyone?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Do I count? OM NOM NOM.

In all seriousness, I gotta get some Jiggs vs Sonic matches against you
I almost made an exception, "except PNDMike", but then I remembered the Jiggs vs. Sonic.... sooooo, yeah :)

After messing with Jiggs a bit myself..... I think it's prolly in her favour :(

IvanEva

Smash Ace
That'll be my only MM, though. I just wanna have a Mario ditto, really. I dun like to gamble.
I faintly recall going through this with you before. Playing a money match is not gambling (unless it's just two Game and Watches taking turns using their hammers...); it's no different than playing any other 'professional' sport/game for money.

Gambling would be betting on other people playing. Playing for the money yourself isn't gambling, it's working.

I'll accept as many money matches as I can afford but I'll probably go about them in a strategic manner (as in, I'll do the ones I'm certain I'll win first so I don't run out of money). I'm counting on these money matches to pay off my OSAP loan. :)

buenob

Smash Lord
just to clarify about two (or three) things...

1) there is no ledge-grab limit... no one will be counting how many times you grab a ledge
2) as D3 you must do a dash before re-grabbing, if the grab is inescapable
(2b) 3) as IC's, you must dash, jump or attack before re-grabbing, but popo->nana->popo is a "re-grab", not just popo->nana

§witch

Smash Lord
Hurry dude, I'm on the verge of packing it up and starting my jog to Ottawa!

:laugh:
Take your time.
Haha, it'll be fine, I still need to get around to it, but if WMM doesn't work, I'll just bring my program.

Okay, me and Willdabeast are singing up for doubles as well.

Our team name is District 9.

When is the venue open for us to get all set up?

Oh and I'll do a few $1 MMs, who's game?

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Haha, it'll be fine, I still need to get around to it, but if WMM doesn't work, I'll just bring my program.

Okay, me and Willdabeast are singing up for doubles as well.

Our team name is District 9.

When is the venue open for us to get all set up?

Oh and I'll do a few $1 MMs, who's game?
We gunna rock it.

And yeah Im up for some dollar or two MM's also.

infomon

Smash Scientist
(2b) 3) as IC's, you must dash, jump or attack before re-grabbing, but popo->nana->popo is a "re-grab", not just popo->nana
I'm not sure I understand. Pummeling during the grab makes it okay?

That doesn't prevent inescapable infinites; it just might mean some slower ones are unviable, and possibly allow a particular percent range to be escapable by extreme button-mashing.

Edit: Oh wait..... you mean I have to release them from the grab, then either dash jump or attack (with either climber?) before I grab them again?

Hmmmmm. I wonder if I can make an inescapable infinite out of this. :laugh:

Edit: Nevermind, those definitely exist, like with footstool > iceblock setups.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I understand. Pummeling during the grab makes it okay?

That doesn't prevent inescapable infinites; it just might mean some slower ones are unviable, and possibly allow a particular percent range to be escapable by extreme button-mashing.

Edit: Oh wait..... you mean I have to release them from the grab, then either dash jump or attack (with either climber?) before I grab them again?

Hmmmmm. I wonder if I can make an inescapable infinite out of this. :laugh:

Edit: Nevermind, those definitely exist, like with footstool > iceblock setups.
Since when did Judement hammers have chaingrabs?

Who is up for making a bracket for a Judgement hammer tourney?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally up for a Judgment Bracket.
It's a good time to show off my '8 to 9 combo', aka 'Frozen Death' or 'Judge Joblin'.
(c) copyright 2009

zaf

Smash Lord
My car was stolen last night.
So I do not know if i will be able to come.

To the Montreal people coming with me, I am sorry.

buenob

Smash Lord
wow wtf zaf... that is unreal... what happened?

and I suppose if we could do it for niko, I got an extra $20 to help subsidize a bus ride

zaf

Smash Lord
I went to meet up with Kage and chet after their work. I parked in the neighborhood since i used to live there and knew the area. We hopped on a metro to head downtown and play street fighter 4 at the arcade. When i went back for my car, it wasnt there. I figured it was towed or something, but when i called the towing company they had no records of my car and my car was no longer in the area. I called reggie and asked if i could stay at his place for the night ( since it was already like, midnight and there was no way i was getting home without a car). I went to his place, called my dad.

My dad called me back in the morning, telling me it was stolen and that the police were filing a report as he was talking to me. He will also be calling my insurance company to see what i can do .

Freaking Luigi

Smash Rookie
Ahhh **** it. If I had known about this sooner I woulda saved a bit of cash and gone to this one.

Any idea when your next tourney is gonna be? I could probably provide a 32" LCD tv. (Note the PROBABLY)

Also good luck to anyone already going.

EDIT: On a more careful reading of this thread I see that some folks are getting rides.
And the unfaortunate happening of a guy's car getting stolen. Now, this may be a bit rude to ask (maybe, Idk) but if anyone is going to this one, and just happen to be passing through Kingston, I'd appriciate a ride. (Yeah I know thats about two and a half hours from Ottawa..)

If you have trunk space I could even pack the TV! XD

Take care people.

Top Bottom