• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Wollongong Thread

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! Do you play melee? I'm gonna scout eBay for a controller now.. Haven't played in ages but would love to get back into it and check out what level the Australian players are at, I really have no idea :p .

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Hehe sweet! I just went crazy on eBay/playasia.com so I have two controllers, a gamecube and a copy of smash on the way now :p We should def get some games in as soon as I get my controller. In what part of Wollongong do you reside?

Also quick about me, I'm a 22 year old Norwegian halfway through my bachelor degree at UoW. I was never among Europe's elite or anywhere close to being that level of player, but I have played some of the finest players to ever smash in Europe such as Armada ( the world champion now I guess), Ek, Helios, DjBlack, CaptainJack, Tonberry, Masamune, Kriz, CalleW, Aniolas, Neasala, Sparken, ZGetto, and plenty of other French, Dutch and Italian players that are way too good at smash for me to forget their names like this :p

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not that far from the uni myself, you could come to mine for some games sometime but i have to warn you my spare controllers are pretty bad.
As for me I'm half decent at melee but there are definetly people that are better in Sydney.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
christ. its a shame you didn't come here earlier, would've been good to get some games in before i left for the big smoke, also mango clearly the best still! :D

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well I finally got a hold of a gamecube, smash and a couple controllers, so I'm keen to get some matches in with any wollongong locals!

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
First off, do you have an old school tv? Aka: No lag for smash? If not, I do and my gf is working literally all day Saturday so if you're free any time then we could get a fair few games in at my place. I live right next to the brewery/ WIN stadium in town. My number is 0402069291

planetstereo

Smash Ace
First off, do you have an old school tv? Aka: No lag for smash? If not, I do and my gf is working literally all day Saturday so if you're free any time then we could get a fair few games in at my place. I live right next to the brewery/ WIN stadium in town. My number is 0402069291

sounds pretty good man, im working till about 3 on saturday but if wanted to play after that then im cool. Otherwise you could swing by my place during the week sometime... i live near the kfc in fairy meadow

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.. I could maybe do tomorrow afternoon/evening. Message me your number if that works for you!

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Good games man! Was good to get a couple solid friendlies in again, it has certainly been a while for me. We should def do it again!

EDIT: ComboTurtle, are you ever in Wollongong anymore? Would be cool to get some games with you

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Good games man! Was good to get a couple solid friendlies in again, it has certainly been a while for me. We should def do it again!

EDIT: ComboTurtle, are you ever in Wollongong anymore? Would be cool to get some games with you
For sure man, you were definetly better than me, even if it had been a while for me too. Game on saturday for sure.

@Turtle, if your down, play this man. I dont know who would win out of you two.....

Zxv

Smash Lord
Imperfect, are you the guy who Stereo was hyping up the other day? The Sheik main? The guy who's supposedly as good as the legendary ComboTurtle?

If so, I'd like to meet you. I could come down to Wollongong next weekend (depending on assignments) and perhaps bring a friend or two or three.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Imperfect, are you the guy who Stereo was hyping up the other day? The Sheik main? The guy who's supposedly as good as the legendary ComboTurtle?

If so, I'd like to meet you. I could come down to Wollongong next weekend (depending on assignments) and perhaps bring a friend or two or three.
Hyping up is such a strong phrase, more like comparing. If you wish to come down then my place is as good as your going to get for a smash meet and was thinking of getting one going anyway........

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Zxv, I have never made any comparisons, the only Aussie smasher I've played is stereo so I would have no point of reference :p

But yeah, for sure, I'd love to get some games in with you (I don't know that much about the Aussie melee-scene, but from what I gather on these boards you seem to be among the top cheese :p ) and whoever you bring! Stereo, are you down for hosting a smashfest? My place is probably a bit too small for such an event

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Zxv, I have never made any comparisons, the only Aussie smasher I've played is stereo so I would have no point of reference :p

But yeah, for sure, I'd love to get some games in with you (I don't know that much about the Aussie melee-scene, but from what I gather on these boards you seem to be among the top cheese :p ) and whoever you bring! Stereo, are you down for hosting a smashfest? My place is probably a bit too small for such an event
Im down, let me know when and it will happen....

megapup

Smash Apprentice
ive been reading.
if its on a weekend when im in the gong i could attend if thats cool

Zxv

Smash Lord
Well, since this weekend there's apparently a Boost... Perhaps we could all meetup there?

Stereo, your sensor bar is still in my car. I WILL NOT FORGET IT THIS TIME.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Stereo, if you end up going I would greatly appreciate if we could travel there together, because I have a special talent for getting lost in Sydney! :p

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Stereo, if you end up going I would greatly appreciate if we could travel there together, because I have a special talent for getting lost in Sydney! :p
Dude I so wish I could go, but I got a heap of things i gotta do that day. :( Stuff I cant get out of.
As for getting lost, I usually drive up so other than the directions Shaya gives I cant help you.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah no worries bro! Want to try to get some games in this week anyway? I can do Wednesday and/or Friday..

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, I tried texting you, but yeah. I'm good to go whenever you are, so just let me know when you're home and I'll come over. Need a tuneup for my first tourney in like 2 and a half years :p

planetstereo

Smash Ace
maybe

it takes a bit to get there, i dont think people would be willing to travel both ways in one day.
Closer than you think in terms of travel times. But otherwise i would be happy to facilitate several people in terms of housing. Not everyone obviously...

As for dates, I was hoping to have one sooner, and if it is a success then definetly have another in mid november etc.....

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
*expresses interest*

But as Scoot says, it's a way to go, so I guess I'll see how I'm feeling closer to the date once things are planned.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Wollongong, where the **** is that. I would probably go if it was after my exams.

Edit: Went back and realised I already made this joke. I'll leave it here anyway.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Wollongong isnt that far away guys. It's like an hour and a half train ride from Central. You can drive down in one hour.

Rad

Smash Ace
I'm interested and the travel isn't so difficult. Cost is a factor for me and so is when you host it, but i don't know when's good for me either. Decide on a time and then I'll see if I can do it. I'll try my best.

Vlad4life

Gords

Smash Champion
interested but i think mid November is best, before SS though. i think one in before then wont be that good since people have exams and stuff in early nov.

Top Bottom