• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Wollongong Thread

planetstereo

Smash Ace
So mid november eh? will see what i can fix up

Also, does anyone know if tedxv will be there? Heres hoping for obvious reasons. Oh yeah and shaya will be coming, otherwise i will hunt him down and go all freddiew on his ***.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you guys are mega scrubs, act to sydney is three and a half hours and we did both trips in one day heaps of times.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Okay, I've talked to my friends (Fishy and Enemy you've seen before, Scrow hasn't been able to make a tourney yet) and they're all keen for 19th in Woollongong. You'd better follow through now (Bluff called?) =D

Gords

Smash Champion
Just remembered that mlg providence is on the weekend of the 18th to 20th. And since Starcraft is more important than smash to me ATM I may not show up. I'll need concrete times to be sure.

JNuts

Smash Cadet
I've never attended a tournament before, I live in the shire, but hope I'm welcome to attend if this eventuates.

:phone:

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah anyone can turn up to tournaments, the more people the better. Still don't know if this one is going to occur though.

Usually (not as often lately) Sydney tournaments are held in Mascot (near the airport).

Gords

Smash Champion
i assume that melee will be played since the only 2 people in Wollongong are more melee players anyways. also if you are there i will make more of an effort to show. pretty sure ted and bryte will too

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Ok update:

The main thing in contention is location, I am trying to get the Fairy Meadow Community Centre as the venue but they are taking their sweet time about getting back to me. If that goes south I have a backup plan, though its a slightly less ideal location, near the hospital in west wollongong. Once this is sorted out we can do the rest pretty easily. Whatever happens I will have an answer for you guys sometime on friday.

One more thing, some people seem to want to have it on the sunday, thoughts?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Not Sunday please, I have church Sunday evenings. It's not too hard to get back to Newtown from Mascot, but coming back from Woollongong would be problematic.

Also I've already told my friends th 19th, and one of them has a pretty tight schedule and has to know weeks in advance to get a day off.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Not Sunday please, I have church Sunday evenings. It's not too hard to get back to Newtown from Mascot, but coming back from Woollongong would be problematic.

Also I've already told my friends th 19th, and one of them has a pretty tight schedule and has to know weeks in advance to get a day off.
I have church sunday arvo too, just thought i would open the idea to the floor. Seems sundays is out then

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I have a 21st in Wollongong on the 19th so I will definitely be there but I'll be leaving around 5 to get slizzard

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
So we're playing without counterpick stages again in melee? Ugh... I have yet to see any good justification for this and in my opinion it favours spacies too much, but "when in Rome(...)" I guess.

EDIT: Btw, I can bring a cube with Melee. Also I can bring a TV if you could pick me up Stereo, I don't really feel like carrying it with me on the bus :p

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Everything looks nice.

Also, looking for doubles partner in Brawl (Best teammate you will ever have !, :p)

EDIT: I will also bring recording equipment *IF WE HAVE NONE OR VERY LITTLE*. I'd rather not take it ,tbh.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
So I'm assuming MK is not banned.
Also I can bring wii + Brawl + melee (might not get brawl back in time but I'll try).

planetstereo

Smash Ace
So we're playing without counterpick stages again in melee? Ugh... I have yet to see any good justification for this and in my opinion it favours spacies too much, but "when in Rome(...)" I guess.

EDIT: Btw, I can bring a cube with Melee. Also I can bring a TV if you could pick me up Stereo, I don't really feel like carrying it with me on the bus :p
sorry i just realised that i missed putting them in thanks, aka there will be counterpicks

I can give you a lift, but i will probably be leaving early to set up

Gords

Smash Champion
I vote mk banned, it is the official rules now, and if you want your first tourney to be officially recognized by the greater community then it should be banned. Being the first mk tourney in Australia isn't that bad, I very much doubt it is the first mk banned tourney period. In fact the last boost had mk banned in doubles.

Also, is overnight accommodation available, with hopefully a good Internet on wifi, I am assuming the venue has no Internet.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
I vote mk banned, it is the official rules now, and if you want your first tourney to be officially recognized by the greater community then it should be banned. Being the first mk tourney in Australia isn't that bad, I very much doubt it is the first mk banned tourney period. In fact the last boost had mk banned in doubles.

Also, is overnight accommodation available, with hopefully a good Internet on wifi, I am assuming the venue has no Internet.
You make a good point but what does everyone else think?

Also, i can fit 5-6 people in my flat if they dont mind sleeping on the floor, there is internet at my place....

swordsaint

Smash Master
mk banned

its going to be banned in future and last time i checked this isnt a 'lol tourney'. you're filling in for our lack of real tournaments atm, no reason it shouldn't be as legit as boost.

escro

Smash Ace
im assuming no mk may make it a little bit easier for me to not get smashed as hard so i vote mk ban.

so who is training there?
or i will need a carpool spot

Gords

Smash Champion
i will know if i can car pool people on the 16th nov, which is 2 days before the event. if i can there will be a spot for scoot at least (as long as bryte isnt going and doesnt take him). and at least 2 spots for grabs. will post probs on the 16th my situation
Also, i can fit 5-6 people in my flat if they dont mind sleeping on the floor, there is internet at my place....
can i take one of these spots please, ill most likely need the rest as soon as possible, how much can i download from your net 2 and what sppeds do you normally get as i will be streaming mlg providence on my ipad at probs about 4 in the morning

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'll be driving, but the number of people I can take will depend on how many of my friends can make it, and their willingness to be in a car with a bunch of strangers from an hour and a half. I'll post when I know if I am able to take anyone.

Top Bottom