• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Wollongong Thread

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Note to self: Don't post at 4 in the morning if you want to sound comprehensible

planetstereo

Smash Ace
i will know if i can car pool people on the 16th nov, which is 2 days before the event. if i can there will be a spot for scoot at least (as long as bryte isnt going and doesnt take him). and at least 2 spots for grabs. will post probs on the 16th my situation

can i take one of these spots please, ill most likely need the rest as soon as possible, how much can i download from your net 2 and what sppeds do you normally get as i will be streaming mlg providence on my ipad at probs about 4 in the morning
Hey Gords were you planning on staying at my place for the whole 3 days? I personally wouldnt have a problem but i have a housemate that doesnt play smash and i dont think he would mind one or two nights with a bunch of guys but after that it might be a bit much.

As for my internet, its fair good, we have 150g limit and so as long as you dont go crazy it should be fine. its slows in the evening but it should be fair speedy by 4am lol.

Also, MK banned! I guess i caved :)

Also Also, put registration fees up in opening post, they are pretty standard.

Also Also Also, counterpicks updated, cant help but feel as though i have forgotten a stage though......

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Stereo, I would also add Rainbow Ride, Corneria and Jungle Japes to the melee counterpick list

escro

Smash Ace
btw around what time will the tourney be expected to finish?
ill probs get eliminated quick but ill stay for friendlies(if any) but then i dont want to have to go on public transport at nighttime

Gords

Smash Champion
Hey Gords were you planning on staying at my place for the whole 3 days? I personally wouldnt have a problem but i have a housemate that doesnt play smash and i dont think he would mind one or two nights with a bunch of guys but after that it might be a bit much.

As for my internet, its fair good, we have 150g limit and so as long as you dont go crazy it should be fine. its slows in the evening but it should be fair speedy by 4am lol.
definately wont be there for the 3 days, chances i will be working oin the friday night so wont be there for that. atm its just sat night im interested in. but wont know for sure until i know whats happening with my car and license, which will be the 16th.

assuming i cant drive though i will be looking for a place to stay for sure on sat night.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Judging from the amount of people likely to be there it should be done by 6 if there are a decent number of setups.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
You forgot to make PS2 a counterpick for brawl singles
Well did you read the part were i shamelessly copy/pasted the list from the boost thread? So either shaya forgot it as well or the more likely scenario which is IT SHOULDN'T FRIGGIN BE THERE! :mad: lol ;)

Stereo, I would also add Rainbow Ride, Corneria and Jungle Japes to the melee counterpick list
Added them thanks, though i think there was some debate as to whether RC should be in the list. Personally i think that corneria shouldnt (isnt there enough space love) though that is my own person prejudice, which i will put aside.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Haha, well I'd say Green Greens is even more fox friendly than corneria

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Well did you read the part were i shamelessly copy/pasted the list from the boost thread? So either shaya forgot it as well or the more likely scenario which is IT SHOULDN'T FRIGGIN BE THERE! :mad: lol ;)
It's being legal last few BOOSTs Jp just never updated the first page.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I don't think you can ban a stage just because it's homosexual. You'll need a better argument than that.

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just giving you the heads up that Enemy and I shall be tagging along with Invisi :awesome:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I don't think you can ban a stage just because it's homosexual. You'll need a better argument than that.
yeah if you banned things based only on sexual preference then we wouldnt have to put up with gords at tournaments. :p

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
it's looking likely that blaze, 1der and i are in for melee

anyone for 64 on the wii vc? :awesome:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
ya stereo but actual 64 players coming makes it MORE tempting

anyway, we'll see. probs not at this stage but same **** as scoot, if no SS then I will come

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
by the way guys if it wasnt obvious me insinuating gords was gay was totally a joke i mean it would be extremely unfortunate if some random guy took it seriously and gords feelings got hurt and stuff roflolhurrr

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
i mean on the extremely off chance that our scene has a gay basher or two, dear god gords am i so sorry

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah well i recently got 64 on my N64. I know how you guys feel about vc/N64 both being there but IF vc doesn't end up being an option then be aware the offer stands (please don't rage on me guys i'm only suggesting!)

Yay! Moxie! Can't wait to play fun matches with you and enemy :D

So the info is on the first page then? I'll go have a look...

Alrighty, that sounds good. My bro and I should be good to go by train, and confirmed is that we'll be bringing our wii, Brawl and controllers. Since we'll likely bring both Wii and GC controllers (now that we have them) feel free to ask my brother or myself if you need a spare.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
order of operations should be n64 ntsc (james has one) if people want n64 controllers > vc 60fps for people who need gc controllers > 50fps PAL n64

i think i can speak for canberra when we say we'll play vc with you guys especially since james has a gc > n64 controller adapter

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I won't play on N64 unless there's a GC->64 adapter.
pretty sure james has one but it flopped when grim tried to use it BAM so i'm not sure if it'll work

his gc > n64 adapter (or is it 64 > gc? i always get confused) definitely works though so both people will be moderately happy to play on vc assuming 60fps

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i have two n64 60fps setups

one n64 cont on gc/wii adapter

one gc cont on n64 adapter (will have to test/reflash) bear in mind the rumble is a bit iffy

vc would be ok but make sure everythings unlocked?

so looks like canberras 60% sure on coming atm

escro

Smash Ace
awesome, ikill best doubles partner.
ive improved since EA's meet which was half a century ago so i wont fail as hard this time =P

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'm trying to talk another friend into coming who hasn't been able to make it to a tourney yet. He said he'd like to, but I'm not sure where he stands on being able to right now. If he can't make it, I'll need a doubles partner as well, but don't go picking for me just yet =)

Also, if we're shamelessly copy/pasting rulesets from the boost thread, it may be helpful to know that you'll find the ruleset/stagelist for the most recent boost on page 598. (although I'm not fussed which rules are used).

Gords

Smash Champion
i will be looking for a doubles partner on the day, unless zxv comes in which i will probs team with him for brawl and he will team with tom melee

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Also, if we're shamelessly copy/pasting rulesets from the boost thread, it may be helpful to know that you'll find the ruleset/stagelist for the most recent boost on page 598. (although I'm not fussed which rules are used).
Thanks ill take a look

Venue Update: I spoke with the church and they said that we could use one of the bigger rooms as long as we are out of there by 5:30ish since its used for support groups after 6:30ish. I took a look at the room and it will be good, the only problem is that it has about 8 powerpoints in one place and none anywhere else. I have heaps of powerboards but no extension leads so if someone wants to bring some it would be good.

PS I need a doubles partner for brawl, Imperfect you with me for melee?

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, of course!

Btw, I don't play Brawl nor do I have any aspirations to do so. However, if it turns out that someone who wants to play and does not get to participate in teams because we're a man short I guess I could team with that person. Just throwing that out there so everybody gets the most out of this tournament :p

Top Bottom