• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
A tourney would be nice. It's been too long.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Ted :D don't forget to organise a smash meet on a weekend some time soon and I'll come down for it and hopefully Seb can come as well. =] Also toMAS margaret.

Gords

Smash Champion
It seems likely I might have a free weekend during April. If people want I may be able to host a weekend meet (possibly a house tourney). Won't know though for a couple of weeks.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
ted buy hots like tomorrow then we can ladder all monday okokokokokokokokokokokok good

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
It seems likely I might have a free weekend during April. If people want I may be able to host a weekend meet (possibly a house tourney). Won't know though for a couple of weeks.
Let's get a tourney happening this time! If you do decide to host a meet, that is.

Gords

Smash Champion
Hopefully you can have it when I come up then :3.
ill try and keep the 13 & 14th off then but it will be hard since i am trying to get time off to go to Qld lansmash the weekend before of the 6-7th april

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Depending on how this school tourney goes, I might actually make the push to have a tournament around my area sometime between now and BAM. Would anybody be interested in that? I know a hall just down from my house that would suit it perfectly, the only issue is travel which isn't that bad as long as you can get to palm beach and take the ferry.

I kinda think it's time I gave back to the community and it'll still allow me to have a heck of a lot of fun.

Oh but TVs would be an issue.

Gords

Smash Champion
Palm beach? Ferry? Where the hell would that tourney be?

Apart from Qld's Lansmash, Melbourne's BAM and visiting my grandmother on the central coast I wouldn't have anytime to travel for a tourney.

I would go if it were local and could get the day off work. Otherwise I have too much stuff with uni to get done.

I think in the school break would be more appropriate, especially with BAM already being at an awkward time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well the school break IS between now and BAM. :p

Don't you know Palm Beach? There's a ferry going from it to Wagstaffe and Ettalong on the central coast. EA could explain it to you better if you're still confused, seeing as iirc he visits relatives up here?

Anyway, i'd plan on hosting it in the break, yep.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Depending on how this school tourney goes, I might actually make the push to have a tournament around my area sometime between now and BAM. Would anybody be interested in that? I know a hall just down from my house that would suit it perfectly, the only issue is travel which isn't that bad as long as you can get to palm beach and take the ferry.

I kinda think it's time I gave back to the community and it'll still allow me to have a heck of a lot of fun.

Oh but TVs would be an issue.
Don't you live in the desert? Why are we catching a ferry in the desert? Is palm beach next to Isle Delfino? I don't think I'm allowed on Isle Delfino after the events of Super Mario Sunshine.

Anyway, I'm going to be down in Sydney on the weekend of the 27th and 28th of April probably staying with Luke or Ted. So hopefully someone is able to organise a meet that weekend, because it would be great to play you guys again and hang out. I can offer lifts to 3-4 people if they are needed and they're not in the middle of nowhere.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
wait, you live at palm beach? I thought you would be up Morisset/Wyong way with how you were talking about travel time.

Anyway, it would take me 4 hours and 18 minutes to get to palm beach at the best case. Which is slightly under how long it takes me to get to mascot. At the worst case it's 6 hours and wtfscrewthat minutes. so yeah

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uhm, Palm Beach isn't central coast summoner... :p

It's just a super easy way to access it if you live in the city. Palm Beach has a ferry that has one of its stops like 30-50m away from this hall. Not exaggerating. =)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad, I just lumped them all together when I checked the map since they're reasonably close.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
never heard of google?
tom lives very very far away
I was pre-occupied to some extent... but whatevs, I just looked it up now. Basically he can ignore going to palm beach and just go straight through the entrance in to Woy Woy area and then go from there.

Is that 2-3 hours or so?

wow dont even know kurri kurri, do you live under a rock?!
I'm on the side of a hill...

So technically yes.

Gords

Smash Champion
Well the school break IS between now and BAM. :p

Don't you know Palm Beach? There's a ferry going from it to Wagstaffe and Ettalong on the central coast. EA could explain it to you better if you're still confused, seeing as iirc he visits relatives up here?

Anyway, i'd plan on hosting it in the break, yep.
firstly i know where palm beach is, i was more making reference to the fact that it sounds like your in the middle of nowhere by they way you were saying how to get there. i didnt realise you lived so far out of the way of public transport either. unless there are drivers willing to drive out to where you are and back in a single day a tourney your way would not be ideal.

also when i said school break i ment mid semester break for univeristies since most poeple in the scene are now beyond high school.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It takes like 1-2 hours to drive from brook-vale up to the central coast. Why bother when you can take the ferry though, unless you mean to bring TVs?

That's possible I guess. I'm just trying to get something going so I can kinda tell before BAM/october event (i'm unsure whether i'm going to BAM but i'm still hoping to if i can) where i'm at and how I should be improving.

escro

Smash Ace
i wouldn't go to bam if i were you
also, hosting a tourney........ i wouldn't recommend that either.
noone would show up, for lots of various and valid reasons.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
i wouldn't go to bam if i were you
also, hosting a tourney........ i wouldn't recommend that either.
noone would show up, for lots of various and valid reasons.
1. Why? I need to get better and no-one here seems eager to host big tournaments

2. Why? When I suggested it a long time ago, people said they'd be willing to make the effort as long as I did. I mean, timing wise I suppose would be bad but what if i hosted it later when people have the time?

3. I thought you were the optimistic one. :glare:

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
It's a lot of stress to run major tournaments. Look at Apex! The tournament host, who I happen to know through going to local tournaments in NY, goes through hell and back trying to put everything together and even with tons of help, things still go wrong. They had a theft issue at this year's Apex, and that's huge!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
hey, just some friendly advice.
your choice whether to listen to it or not...
you never know until you try, i guess

im a realist.
Haha, don't worry, I know you're a nice guy and all, I just get this kind of rebuttal a lot and i don't want to let age gaps or arguments or skill level or anything else stop me from going to a major. It's purely for the experience at this point and I feel it's necessary if I ever want to get better at Brawl/smash in general, which is something i totally want to do. =)

I remember my love of that first tourney I went to so I guess I just don't wanna worry hehe. :)

@RJ: What are you getting at? =)

Not annoyed or anything, just confused as to what point you're trying to make. Haha, it's probably just me mis-understanding you know lol. :p

Edit: Off to bed, will respond to stuff tomorrow peeps. ^_^

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'm saying there are things that could go wrong before, during, and after a major tournament that you're most likely not ready for. Because BAM is coming up so soon, there is the issue of attendance because people are still in university around that time and they'd much rather focus on getting their work done and study so that they do well on finals rather than practice for hours playing Melee or Brawl (obligatory put Melee first in sentence because it's MORE AWESOME THAN BRAWL!)

cheese619

Smash Ace
@Luco the best way to get better is to go to meets imho. I don't know how much one can actually improve at a tournament, regardless of how many friendlies you play. Experience and ingraining things into your muscle memory makes you better, and it takes a lot of play time to do that ie meets.
Also analysis (not that I do a lot of that because I autopilot too much and then get uthrow rested by Ted because I'm a scrub).

Top Bottom