• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

tedeth

Smash Master
There was this crazy drug dealer bum who lived in this drug house lol near my school.
We would like throw **** at his house and he came out once with dual wielding poles and jumped the fence and was like chasing ppl lolol.

One time he came up to me and my friends and told us he'd give us $1000 if we gave him the names of the kids throwing **** at him, but he had to go sell some weed to get the dough LOL.
True story.
That's the GREATEST story I've EVER heard in my ENTIRE life. Tell it again.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Dual-wielding poles? lol.

I wish I could remember something funny that happened at our school.

All we had were fires and people breaking into the tuckshop to steal vending machines.

Actually, one time there was this fire in the tuckshop toilets (known smoker toilets) and the air was so polluted from the fire and all the smoke that was in there at the time that we couldnt go in and they had to get some guys to clean the place out because the air was literally unbreathable lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I saw someone get a metal bin throw at them from the third story of my high school, was quite humorous.

the one thing I always wanted to do, but never did, was go and buy like 500 padlocks and put them on everyones lockers.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Actually, now that I think about it, I remember back in Night Class when we used to get Pizza for lunch. Man, the fights we had with those pizza boxes lol.

We actually had to be supervised to eat in the end because they were getting thrown and left all over the place lol.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
I saw someone get a metal bin throw at them from the third story of my high school, was quite humorous.

the one thing I always wanted to do, but never did, was go and buy like 500 padlocks and put them on everyones lockers.
Last week me and a group of friends found a random padlock and it was as fat as ****...

We put it on someones bag and we didnt have keys...

So the person full raged and just wore the bag and then you just see this fat rusty padlock which looked soo hobo yet so dangerous.

It was soo funny.

We ended up cutting the bag strap to get the padlock out...

It was lolz

swordsaint

Smash Master
most farm related thing that's ever happened at my old school was someone cut the fence the farma nd let a dog in to ravage the sheep. :(

had news crews and everything

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
most farm related thing that's ever happened at my old school was someone cut the fence the farma nd let a dog in to ravage the sheep. :(

had news crews and everything
The most farm related thing that ever happened to me was Tedeth's tourney???!!@!

Saw horses inside AFL fields

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so to change the subject, I'm using fox more and more these days, watch out ted!

"In Finnish mythology, the fox is depicted usually a cunning trickster, but seldom evil. The fox, while weaker, in the end outsmarts both the evil and voracious wolf and the strong but not-so-cunning bear. It symbolizes the victory of intelligence over both malevolence and brute strength."

now if only I was smart

"The Moche people believed the fox to be a warrior that would use his mind to fight. The fox would not ever use physical attack, only mental."

Sieg

Smash Champion
The ****? Fox outsmarts the bear?

No one outsmarts a ****ing bear.

Bear comes up and ***** you. The end.

I'd say that Ganon is the bear in this analogy lol.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Time to get those details up for this weekend, sorry it's late guise.

NovaSmash Sydney V: STD Style

SSBB, SSBM, and a dedicated MBAA TV, oh my!

So, it's that time again. With Rocky at our doorstep, this is possibly the last big chance for NSW to practice. Many of us will be traveling to prove our mettle in not only Smash, but also other games, including Melty Blood. To assist in training, as long as Bjay is present (and equipment available) there will be a dedicated MBAA TV!

PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT WHERE POSSIBLE, ESP. TVs

DETAILS / TL;DR

Date & Time: 12 PM, Oct 2nd – 7 PM, Oct 3rd
Address: 19 Whitehaven Ave, Quakers Hill
What to Bring:
.. Controller
.. $5 for tournament
.. $15 for lunch/dinner
.. IF POSSIBLE:
.. .. Wii+Brawl+Melee
.. .. TVs

Can only come one day?
Saturday

SCHEDULE

OCT 2, 12:00 - Start/Arrival/Setup
OCT 2, 19:00 - Dinner

OCT 3, 09:00 - Breakfast
OCT 3, 12:00 - Lunch
OCT 3, 13:00 - Brawl Singles
OCT 3, 19:00 - Packup/Departure/End
OCT 3, END - Secret 2nd STD for people helping me take TVs to BOOST V

FOOD

Drinks, Snacks and BREAKFAST will be provided.

Railway Station Shops - 15min walk/5min drive. $7.50 = typical meal
Aldi / BP servo - 5min walk/1min drive lol. Cheap As Balls = Aldi, Expensive As Hell = BP
McDonalds / Subway - 30min walk/7min drive
Dominoes Pizza / random supermarket / other misc food shops - 30min walk/7min drive

TRANSPORT / LOCATION

19 Whitehaven Ave, Quakers Hill

PLEASE CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST. It's happened before, it's better for you if you just call me right away instead of walking around aimlessly for an hour before giving up.

TRAIN - Go to Quakers Hill
... WALKING - 15min, Recommended
... BUS - 751 to Bali Dr, 5min walk total + 30min bus.

MINI-TOURNAMENT / RULESET

BRAWL Singles
Entry: $5
Prizes: 75/25
* tentative

Tournament will be Double Elimination, seeded via BOOST IV.

General Rules:

- 3 Stock.
- 8 minute timer.
- Items are set to "off" and "none".
- All sets are Best-of-3, with any "Finals" match Best-of-5.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Players may change controller ports on their counterpick.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
- Banned stages may be counterpicked ONLY if both players agree on it.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If either player has more than 25 ledge grabs, the other player wins. If both players have over 25 ledge grabs, the win is decided as usual. If all conditions are equal, Sudden Death is played out.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- If a game ends with Ganondorf doing his suicide choke and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Ganondorf.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set Format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. The first stage is chosen by random Neutral. **
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
** Stage striking may be called for the first match.

NEUTRAL Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium MELEE

COUNTERPICK Stages:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

ATTENDANCE
(9ish)

From memory, 4 are confirmed and another 4 are maybes, I'll update this list later.

If you are attending, and have an AllIsBrawl account, please say so here. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7522

Things I want opinions on BEFORE Friday:
- Stage List
- Entry -- $2 Winner-Takes-All, or $5 w/ pot split? (the latter is tentative after talks with Zero)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll be showing up EA, coming straight after work on saturday morning so I'll be there around 11/12 ish, and I'll have 2 tv's and 2 wii's.

Bjay

Smash Lord
EA - Sorry but it looks like I won't be able to make it after all.

Gahh! >:[

I've got work on Friday and an outing on Saturday.

Sorry!
_____

Ahh, I haven't been able to make it to a meet in a very long time.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I am disappoint!

You will be missed, Bjay. ;_;

Luke - Is there any chance of you picking us (Gords/Scoot/Me) up on Sunday on the way from Ted's to Boost? Or at least the TVs? It would be hugely helpful if you could. :3

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So.... EA. It's at your house this Friday, or so the thread tells me. Where abouts do you live (just PM me if you don't want any drive by's) what time, what to bring, so on. Keep in mind, if it's too far away, I may not go because I'm still not nearly as dedicated as you guys (Hence my absence at the recent tourney XD).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Please look at the previous page for details.

It's not far from Ted's, prolly 30-45min drive.

Foxy, what's your MSN?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah come foxy, I've been working on fox myself lately, fox ditto's should be good for both of us.

also adelaide's tourneys are halfprice for girls, lololol way to rig it so you dont have to pay as much djb.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Fox ditto's ay? About that XD. I sort of unofficially main Toon Link. (Deceptive is it not?). But I'll give you some Fox ditto's if you want. I'd just have to get used to him again is all.
(I still gotta look up EA's place on the map to see how to get there, so I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'm going. I'll probably let you guys know tonight.)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Can I assume you'll be staying the night and all that jazz is you come tomorrow?

Gords

Smash Champion
Foxy, if you make it to this could you give me some pro toon link projectile spam training?
In return I'll give you some more toon doubles practice.

@EA
I'm claiming money johns EA. As in I can't participate in your house tourney or even pay for my own dinner unless someone shouts us. I'll even be lucky to pay for BOOST this Sunday.
However if you at least shout me dinner then I will probs bring my TV and stay the sat night also. Although I'll need this confirmation ASAP and even then may not happen if I need to go to penrith tomoz. Chances are I won't though and can take the TV.

D0N

Smash Ace
EA ill most likely only be there friday. I wanted to shop around in sydney on saturday.

Toby am I good for housing/shopping saturday-sunday? If so what time saturday would be good?

Ted I still want to see the sisters, but I guess sometime after rocky since this week isnt really good.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh shoot. You mean that's actually happening tomorrow. I was thinking it was just a normal friday meet, like at Ted's, only this time it was at your house. My bad man.
Cause I was going to be late to your house anyway because I've got a podiatrist appointment at 11:30 (I need larger inner soles, I mean can you believe it, I frigin grew again. I'm 6 foot 6 now, like you wanted to know XD). So I would be at your house at, say 2 pm (and that's if I left straight after). Which wouldn't work if it's an actual tourney. I wouldn't mind coming just for some friendly's though, like I wouldn't want you to put anything off. But yeah, staying over the night, if there is even much point in me going now, I'm not sure.
What do you think, what are my options here?

Edit: @Gords: Sounds like a plan man.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sure Gords, I'll shout you, no problem buddy. :3

Don, shame you can't stay both days, but it'll be good to have you while I can. Are you planning on leaving Friday night, or staying the night and going to the city directly from my place on Saturday?

Foxy - So you're going to be arriving 2pm on... Friday/Tomorrow? If so that's fine, if you're cool to stay the night then you won't miss the tourney or anything, plus you get in mad amounts of friendlies. 2pm is a pretty acceptable time to arrive, only 2 hours late, and nobody ever arrives exactly on time anyway. :p

Toby.

Smash Master
Toby am I good for housing/shopping saturday-sunday? If so what time saturday would be good?
You're good to stay at my place, although I won't be there. Liam will still be there though, so it's not a problem if you want to crash.

Well, I'm assuming that Liam will be at the apartment, since I know he'll be at the tournament on sunday. He's at his parents house at the moment. I'll call him and send you a PM as soon as I know what the deal is.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh ok, sounds sweet. Thanks EA!
So as for what to bring, (yes I've read it) I should be right for money, controller, I should be able to bring my Wii and Brawl, my TV is still at Ted's house so...... I dunno about that. Also, how's the sleeping arrangements going to work? Do you have a couch or something I could crash on?

(I'm gonna go and find out how to drive there.)

Edit: @ Swordsaint: Oh right. Yeah thanks for that XD. Anything else I need to know that I've probably missed?

Top Bottom