• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Zero

Smash Hero
This is why someone needs to update these boards or if that's not going to happen, to make the Facebook group public. Why was it canned, out of curiosity?
security isn't happy

EDIT: someone pressed the button and it killed everybody

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Is the UTS meetup on Tuesdays cancelled indefinitely due to the security reasons?

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
When I asked Budd on Sunday he said two weeks. I'm sure Budd will do whatever he can to get them up and running again as soon as possible. They're heaps of fun and good practice. 16th seems ages away but at least it's a confirmed date.

Zero

Smash Hero
EA and I just spent two hours going back through the Brawl PR thread, and like 40 pages of the BOOST thread, and man, those were some good times spent on Smash World Forums on the ol' internet, and sometimes in real life.

Miss those days. Facebook ruined everything.

ps: next boost is at pat's house at 5am tomorrow be there

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
When I asked Budd on Sunday he said two weeks. I'm sure Budd will do whatever he can to get them up and running again as soon as possible. They're heaps of fun and good practice. 16th seems ages away but at least it's a confirmed date.
16th is only 9 days away :p

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Yo, I was working on this with a few people to make Brawl shirts for when the last Sydney brawl tournament was held. We were planning on giving shirts to all the major Brawl TOs and notable players in that time but the project kinda when off the land of forgotten projects for a holiday.

Sydney Brawl Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18CcYsQmrmnCCqPEoPpo8sHmbqO5KV9o20C03v6FYzL0/edit?usp=sharing

Chronologically sorted as best I could: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FsBDReERcKBGzAvyxkK0GqDOKhCpbddzyyeFc2MOtoo/edit?usp=sharing

@S.D Can yoiu find a way to bring Tim back into the smash scene. I saw one of his old posts today and it brought a tear to my eye.

EDIT2: HERE IT IS

newcastle went epic in melee,

bad luck to jelly getting knocked into losers by S.D.
jelly and i played an 8 minute camping projectile fest in losers, samus was superior in the first game and we both felt so dirty that i forfeited the rest of the set. He then played good matches through losers only to be knocked out by turtle after a failed attempt to employ cheap tactics by camping pokefloats with spammus. Jelly's final placing was 7th.
Daz was solid throughout and was knocked into losers by turtle? he took away 9th place after failing to capitalise on good leads against tibs twice and epicly choking the last stock of the second game.
S.D was knocked into losers by cao in winners finals iirc, he then beat jaz in an epic 4 set match that was both electrifying and terrifying to watch. Against Cao in the grand finals he took the first game with a technically and tactically brilliant marth only to be defeated by cao's spacing and intelligence on his counter pick. He then switched to Fox and lost a very close game on dreamland that featured epic double laser skills and brilliant spacing. he CP'ed dreamland again and was simply outclassed (no johns) in a match that featured the best casual ftilt of the tournament.

The reputation on Newcastle as a strong melee location (based solely off the exploits of jelly and SD) was lived up to thanks to the efforts of jelly and SD. Dazza sheik has inproved greatly and only needs more match experience and a little more tech skill to compete in the high levels. Tim went ****.

Everyone who watched the melee finals left feeling fulfilled and with a zen like state of inner peace whilst those that spent their time playing some sort of metaphor for anal penetration involving 4 middle aged men ( i think its called anal pro) were probably left with a feeling of shame and dirtiness.

Last edited:

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
And here it is folks! https://www.facebook.com/events/1613639268918043/

Singles and Doubles for Melee and Wii U

August 16th, this Sunday!
At the UTS Concourse, 3min walk from Central station

Smashing Good Time will try something a little different this weekend - Doubles will run first in the morning followed then by Singles.

Registration from 9 am till 10 am then again from 12 pm to 1 pm

$10 Venue fee
$5 per tournament
Free for spectators and friendly matches

Receive your $10 Entry fee back if bring either:
Wii U + adapter
and/or
Melee + CRT

Prizes are | 60% 1st | | 30% 2nd | | 10% 3rd | of respective tournament pots.

We will also being holding Crew battles for each title in the afternoon - so get some mates together and work on your trash talk

We will also head out for dinner afterwards and everyone is invited!
See you all There! :172:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I spoke to Budd and Project M will also be running this Sunday! I'll likely be running the bracket myself.

Please come if you want to play and enter if you can! See you there :)

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Smashing Good Time will try something a little different this weekend - Doubles will run first in the morning followed then by Singles.

Registration from 9 am till 10 am then again from 12 pm to 1 pm
So just to clarify, registration for singles is 12-1pm?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey guys, thanks for participating in the Project M Brackets!
Smashing Good Times Project M Singles 16/08
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Cunchy
$48.00
2nd
Star
$24.00
3rd
Summoner
$8.00
4th
Cal
5th
Cole
5th
M
7th
MC
7th
RCJay
9th
Sora
9th
William
9th
Ryshy
9th
Noserus
13th
11am
13th
Llamas
13th
Jeducation
13th
Guresia

And here's the All-Star tourney results.

I can't wait until the next one guys, see you then!

Last edited:

DkDaggers

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I'll be travelling to Sydney for business from Sep 15-20th, and I'd love to grab a few games while I'm in town. If anyone is down for some Smash 4ing against a reasonable DK main then let me know!

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
We've done it again, yo.
Too strong for them! :172:

Upcoming Tourneys:

SGT. Saturday Underground Smash | Wii U | Melee | N64
September 5th
THIS SATURDAY instead of Sunday due to Fathers Day

Wii U - Singles and Doubles
Melee - Singles and Doubles
N64 - Singles

Doubles - 10am -11am
Singles - 12pm - 1pm

$10 Venue fee
$5 per tournament
Free for spectators and friendly matches

Receive your $10 Entry fee back if bring either:
Wii U + adapter
and/or
Melee + CRT

Never Stand Still #3 - UNSW Smash Brothers Society Tournament
September 12th

The following games (singles) are confirmed for this event:
- Smash for Wii U
- Smash for N64
- Project M
- Melee

Tyree G15, G16 & G17

We will be located in the Tyree building on the ground floor in rooms G15, G16 and G17. The Tyree building is located right next to Anzac Parade at the lower end of campus. When facing the start of the main walkway, it is the first big building on the right.

Parking/Loading
-----------------
Parking is available all around campus. I'll post up better parking information once I work out the best place to park near the venue.

If you're unsure, consult the UNSW campus parking map here.
http://www.facilities.unsw.edu.au/…/KENC%20-%20Parking_1.pdf

Public Transport
-----------------
From the CBD, you can either catch the 393 or 395 from Railway Square.

From Hyde Park/Town Hall, you can catch any of 39x buses or M10 metrobus at Elizabeth Street opposite the Telstra building.

To get back to the CBD, you can catch either of the buses mentioned previously from the bus stops located on Anzac Parade.

If in doubt, use the TransportNSW website (http://www.transportnsw.info/) to plan out your trip.

Equipment
-----------------
Any equipment brought (CRT TVs, monitors and/or consoles) is much appreciated and is part of the ethos of the Smash community. All we ask is that you label your equipment to ensure in the worst case it gets lost, we can return it to you.

If anyone brings the following:
- CRT TV with Wii
- Wii U with Monitor

We will waive your venue fee as a thank you for helping bring equipment to make our events possible.

Food
-----------------
There are many food outlets near the venue. There is a Subway outside Morven Brown, a Guzman y Gomez, Sharetea and IGA inside the Terraces block and McDonalds on Barker Street.

The new room location also means we are opposite many food outlets along Anzac Parade. For those that care, this location is also much closer to the nearest Maccas.

Cost (Venue)
-----------------
Arc Member + UNSW Smash Brothers Society Member - FREE!
Arc Member but not Smash Society Member - $2 (but it's free to join us if you're an Arc member, so why aren't you part of the club already?)
Non-Arc Member - $5

All venue fees collected will go towards buying more equipment for the club such as TVs, monitors and consoles. For reference, our last club purchase was a Wii U with Smash 4 + GC Adapter.

Cost (Tournament)
-----------------
Wii U (Singles) - $5
N64 (Singles) - $5
Project M (Singles) - $5
Melee (Singles) - $5

All tournament fees collected will go towards the tournament prize pool for each of their respective games.

Rulesets
-----------------
64, Melee and Project M rulesets will be the same as those used for Town & Sydney. They can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PcBze29npznrDDZeygv2zwNY_5ftH-V1hhcBTLFfB38/edit#heading=h.lkjxqmqpp4ff

Note that for Project M we will be using the full 3.6 release instead of the 3.6 beta.

Smash 4 ruleset:
- 3 stocks
- 8 minutes
- No customs

Smash 4 Stagelist:
(Bo3: winner of previous game bans 2 stages)
(Bo5: winner of previous game bans 1 stage)
- Starters:
Battlefield
Omega Palutena's Temple
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Town & City

- Counterpicks:
Halberd
Dreamland

Schedule:
-------------------
10:00 - Signups Start
11:00 - Signups End (for Melee and smash 4)
11:30 - Melee and Smash 4 Pools Start
1:00 - 2:00 Lunch
2.30 - Project M/64 Signups cutoff
3:00 - Project M Pools and N64 Bracket Starts
9:00 - Everyone leaves venue

See you all there! :129:

Last edited:

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Is there going to be a stream at UNSW tournament? If I recall, the streaming equipment is actually owned by GTR right? But he's overseas atm.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
We have all the necessary equipment so there will be a stream at the UNSW tournament on Saturday.

Top Bottom