• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Joeza02

Smash Rookie
Sorry for all the questions - How long do these approximately take? Thanks again for all the help :)

Gords

Smash Champion
so does anyone know how to report a moderator for changing the ownership of a thread without first consulting the owner of said thread?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so does anyone know how to report a moderator for changing the ownership of a thread without first consulting the owner of said thread?
Hi Gords, I just assumed you were inactive for updating, as this is our main Sydney hub thread on smashboards. It is originally your thread so if you want it back it's easy to switch it back to you =)

Last edited:

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
I know the tournament was already today but do you do Brawl and how do you use Project M if there is no PAL release?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Thanks everyone for coming. Pretty small turnout today for both Melee and Project M but it was nice nonetheless.

Smashing Good Times Melee Singles 04/10
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Cal
$36.00
2nd
Sora
$18.00
3rd
RainDanceMan
$6.00
4th
Rob
5th
Chungis
5th
***Boi
7th
Kait
7th
OstrichBacon
9th
Danga
9th
Frank
9th
Headphones
9th
Shirven
Smashing Good Times Project M Singles 04/10
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Sora
$33.00
2nd
Star
$16.50
3rd
Fruit
$5.50
4th
Kira
5th
Cal
5th
M
7th
Raindanceman
7th
Headphones
9th
Chungis
9th
Max
9th
Kurtosaur

Please claim your accounts and characters as necessary.

Congrats to Sora for his amazing performance today; 2nd in Melee losing to Cal in GFs and 1st in Project M and winning against myself in GFs. On a more personal note, I'm glad I can at least use my second place prize winnings to go towards buying a new controller as the one I was using broke halfway through the tournament. :(

See you guys all next time.

Last edited:

Sora!

Smash Rookie
Awww thanks for the compliment :3 and shoutouts to Rob for his rapidly improving weegee, some amazing play from him today :O

Gords

Smash Champion
Hi Gords, I just assumed you were inactive for updating, as this is our main Sydney hub thread on smashboards. It is originally your thread so if you want it back it's easy to switch it back to you =)
Hi Shaya. It's completely fine that you gave ownership to Scarpian and I agree with this change. I just felt really annoyed that you didn't even ask me first, you didn't even tell me you had done it. Finding out from Scarpian when he didn't even know that I didn't know wasn't very friendly for either of us.
All good though

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
No Halloween tournament, RIP the dream of Falcon cosplay to a tournament.

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
Bam!

SGT. Sunday Smash @ UTS
Sunday, November 1st

**Concourse is through the main entrance off of 15 Broadway st and down the stairs**

Doubles Registration from 10 am till 10:30 am

Singles Rego from 12 pm to 1 pm

WiiU, Melee both Singles and Doubles
3DS and N64 are Singles only
RoA & PM confirmed

$10 Venue fee
$5 per tournament
Free for spectators and friendly matches

Receive your $10 Entry fee back if bring either:
Wii U + adapter
-or-
Melee + CRT ($5 if you bring just a Gamecube with Melee)

Prizes are | 60% 1st | | 30% 2nd | | 10% 3rd | of respective tournament pots.

Full Controller cleaning will be available - ask at rego

See you all there! :007:

Last edited:

Tid

Smash Cadet
today was the first of these events ive hit up, had a tonne of fun! wasnt able to stick around till the end unfortunately but im keen to plan better and do so for next time. how often do you guys hold these generally?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Thanks everyone for coming today and participating in the Project M Bracket!

Smashing Good Times Project M Singles 01/11
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Cunchy
$54.00
2nd
MC
$27.00
3rd
Star
$9.00
4th
Gabe
5th
Zorsy
5th
Gords
7th
Phibzy
7th
Guresia
9th
Fu**boi
9th
Ostrich Bacon
9th
Mibble
9th
Ganz
13th
Siva
13th
Shervi
13th
Kissa Bam
13th
Galo
17th
YB
17th
Deep

My third place curse strikes again. :(

Last edited:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
WiiU singles had 40 entrants.

PKBeam PKBeam I didn't get to meet you or see you play, but you did really well! Making it into the top 16 bracket at your first tournament is a very rare feat that you should be proud of, especially since the overall skill level of our scene has been improving rapidly in recent months.

It would be great to see you at future Sydney Smash events, and I'm sure you'll get quite far if you keep coming and improving. We have Sunday SGT tournaments at UTS once or twice a month, late night SGT meets at UTS every Tuesday, and a somewhat serious meet each Friday in Lidcombe.

You can keep in touch via our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/145359035665748/

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
WiiU singles had 40 entrants.

PKBeam PKBeam I didn't get to meet you or see you play, but you did really well! Making it into the top 16 bracket at your first tournament is a very rare feat that you should be proud of, especially since the overall skill level of our scene has been improving rapidly in recent months.

It would be great to see you at future Sydney Smash events, and I'm sure you'll get quite far if you keep coming and improving. We have Sunday SGT tournaments at UTS once or twice a month, late night SGT meets at UTS every Tuesday, and a somewhat serious meet each Friday in Lidcombe.

You can keep in touch via our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/145359035665748/
Ahaha thanks, at first i was slightly disappointed because I thought that I could've made top 8 if I played a bit smarter. I made some really dumb mistakes like choosing Link against a Diddy Kong when I could've just gone Ness. But looking back, I'm pretty proud of top 16 and it only gets better from here.

I wish I could've stayed longer on Sunday but I had school tomorrow and it's 90 mins from my place to the CBD.

I'm already on the FB group, it was how I heard about the tournament in the first place. I plan on coming to as many meets as I can in the future.

Last edited:

Lunacywastaken

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunacywastaken
Ahaha thanks, at first i was slightly disappointed because I thought that I could've made top 8 if I played a bit smarter. I made some really dumb mistakes like choosing Link against a Diddy Kong when I could've just gone Ness. But looking back, I'm pretty proud of top 16 and it only gets better from here.

I wish I could've stayed longer on Sunday but I had school tomorrow and it's 90 mins from my place to the CBD.

I'm already on the FB group, it was how I heard about the tournament in the first place. I plan on coming to as many meets as I can in the future.
So you're that new Lucas player everyone was talking about~ I would love to play you in the future~

Lunacywastaken

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunacywastaken
Alright! :D You should look to go to the Ganon Castle Trials meets, they are on every Friday from 3pm to 10pm. I'll be there next week, and to the next SGT on Sunday on the same week. Maybe if you can make it, we can have some matches!

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
Proper smashboards results now that I know how to do it (ty SummonerAU SummonerAU ) :p

SGT. Wii U Top16 11/01/15
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Scarpian
$48.00
2nd
RandySavage
$24.00
3rd
Summoner
$8.00
4th
M
5th
Kira
5th
iKill
7th
Enn
7th
Patv
9th
Gman
9th
Zedi
9th
BJay
9th
Saucy
13th
Phokus
13th
Gords
13th
PKBeam
13th
Pogo
SGT. Melee Top 16 11/01/15
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
RJ
$42.00
2nd
MC
$21.00
3rd
Cunchy
$7.00
4th
RCJ
5th
Gabe
5th
IU
7th
RaindanceMan
7th
Phez
9th
JNUts
9th
Gords
9th
Zorsy
9th
Yam
13th
Guresia
13th
Feg

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'll be hosting PM Singles this Sunday at around 2 or 3pm. Doubles in the morning at 10-10:30 ish if anyone wants in!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Sorry I wasn't sure where to ask this, but I was just wondering what time the Tuesday weeklies tend to wrap up. Most weeks I wouldn't be able to get there until around 7 30ish, so I'm just wondering if people hang around long enough for it to be worthwhile. Thanks in advance.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Sorry I wasn't sure where to ask this, but I was just wondering what time the Tuesday weeklies tend to wrap up. Most weeks I wouldn't be able to get there until around 7 30ish, so I'm just wondering if people hang around long enough for it to be worthwhile. Thanks in advance.
We usually finish around 10-10:30pm.

Top Bottom