• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

ToddTalks

Smash Rookie
**** off mate
#I'mthetool

yeah it was good to see you tod, glad you had a good time, looking forward to seeing you again, theres another wiiu tourney being held this sunday at the UTS if you are interested
I need to hit up the FG grounds a little bit first hahaha. Back to the drawing board!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If anyone is capable of digging up today's SGT results/bracket and posting it here for reference, that'd be great. :)

ByronL

Smash Rookie
Anyone considering attending these events, I seriously recommend it. Great community and good fun.
P.S. Does anyone want to create a universal logo for the Sydney smash community? I think it would be neat having a logo on the CSS for pm/20xx.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Anyone considering attending these events, I seriously recommend it. Great community and good fun.
P.S. Does anyone want to create a universal logo for the Sydney smash community? I think it would be neat having a logo on the CSS for pm/20xx.
Already been done as far as I know, minimalistic but its there.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
First and foremost I'm still alive, stupid site doesn't like me being here I think.
>>
<<

I might give it a go. I'm working on an ad for my customs right now but if you give me an idea about what you want I'll try to knock one up.

Gords

Smash Champion
There was a round robin held last Saturday to help determine placements on the Sydney Project M Power Ranking. Info about it is as follows.

Participants

@luxingo :zelda:
@ SummonerAU SummonerAU :dk2:
@ Star ☆ Star ☆ :sonic:
@Cunchy~ :falcon:

Playlist containing recordings of all the sets played (Scroll to the bottom)

Challonge Bracket
i dont like how you used the ACL logo for some of the thumbnails, it wasnt associated with ACl at all.
also i wish i new about this little meet up, i would have come to play friendlies and practice for BAM
already been done

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
i dont like how you used the ACL logo for some of the thumbnails, it wasnt associated with ACl at all.
also i wish i new about this little meet up, i would have come to play friendlies and practice for BAM
The playlist is every tournament set I've uploaded, the only one with the ACL logo is a match actually from ACL, my match against Zero. The matches from the Round Robin are at the bottom, and the Sydney Smash logo is on them. Also, I'm sure we're having some other meets sometime soon for practice, I'll let you know when one is organised! :)

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
The playlist is every tournament set I've uploaded, the only one with the ACL logo is a match actually from ACL, my match against Zero. The matches from the Round Robin are at the bottom, and the Sydney Smash logo is on them. Also, I'm sure we're having some other meets sometime soon for practice, I'll let you know when one is organised! :)
oh i didnt realize they were not all from the round robin, my apologies

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Already been done as far as I know, minimalistic but its there.
http://i.imgur.com/qXipLdJ.png
Probably want the full text version if it's for the CSS, that one is only meant for avatars of Sydney Smash accounts and whatnot. There's also a tall version with a centrepoint motif if you think you can make it work.

full text http://i.imgur.com/dQYeoWt.png
centrepoint http://i.imgur.com/nzh3tl7.png

Also, once we start pumping out a lot of YT content I may revise these. At the very least I plan on adding a wide text one and one with a harbour bridge motif, that should complete a set that covers a wide range of applications.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ohhh nice, gratz to Lux on that tournament. :D

Oh yeah, that reminds me, what happened to the S4 PRs in the end?

And has ACL already happened this year or it happening in like June?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the pr placings were a bit hard to determine, so we kinda were like. oh well we'll wait one more tourney and that'll help clear it up, but that one tourney made it harder to determine then ever, that happened a few times and then everyone kinda just gave up and wanted to die.
We've done up a list thats put players into tiers rather than having a definitive 1 thought to 10, so I imagine it'll be up soon.

Splice

Smash Hero
the pr placings were a bit hard to determine, so we kinda were like. oh well we'll wait one more tourney and that'll help clear it up, but that one tourney made it harder to determine then ever, that happened a few times and then everyone kinda just gave up and wanted to die.
Uncanny similarities with how it went down with the VIC PR.
I imagine it has a lot to do with the game being relatively new

ByronL

Smash Rookie
Probably want the full text version if it's for the CSS, that one is only meant for avatars of Sydney Smash accounts and whatnot. There's also a tall version with a centrepoint motif if you think you can make it work.

full text http://i.imgur.com/dQYeoWt.png
centrepoint http://i.imgur.com/nzh3tl7.png

Also, once we start pumping out a lot of YT content I may revise these. At the very least I plan on adding a wide text one and one with a harbour bridge motif, that should complete a set that covers a wide range of applications.
All good, ill hold off on making a custom build until you're happy with the logo :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
All good, ill hold off on making a custom build until you're happy with the logo :)
You may as well go with one of these for the time being. Emphasis on "may" revise; it could take a very long time or not happen at all. All I can say for certain is I'll be considering it at some point.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
"Quick informal post. There will be a N64 and P:M tourney this Saturday at the UTS underground followed by a Wii U and Melee tourney on Sunday at the same venue. " from facebook, no clues about the details

Gords

Smash Champion
OK Guys
It is the weekend before BAM guys so we are going to have a big weekend of practice and competition.

Where: UTS Underground
15 Broadway, Sydney, Australia 2007

When and What.

Venue Opens at 9:30am
Events are likely to start at 11am for both days.
looking to be finished up by 8pm

SGT Saturday
$10 venue fee
Melee and Smash 4 training Day
$5 PM singles
$5 N64 singles

SC Sunday
$10 venue fee ($5 if you came on Saturday)
$5 Melee Singles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'll be there on Saturday, should be able to bring 2 or 3 setups (PM Wii + CRT)

Also, as of today there will be a meet every Friday night from 5pm onwards at @Noserus 's place in Castle Hill. More info will come out of this soon. Contact me if you want to come and I'll give you the address. We have 4 static PM setups already so more aren't needed.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Double post because i am a rebel.

Just a heads up guys since this is a training weekend for BAM we will be running Smash 4 without customs this Sunday
. All other Rules are to remain the same as previous Smash Cities just that you are not allowed to use customs.
Doubles on Saturday will still have customs legal

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Just posting this so you guys know.
Swebe from tasmania is visiting sydney and is going to be attending the tournament tomorrow.
He was going to try and make it today but his flight got delayed

superarrow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Leftybro
Another day another win,
I want to say thanks to all my fans

Good to see people are starting to vote for the true president.

Presidential Vote Tally: II

superarrow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Leftybro
As long as they dont remove the president for being too good like they did to :roymelee:'s our boy
Teams got nothing to worry about

:4miibrawl::4falco::4miibrawl:

Top Bottom