• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Elysium: The Crew

Smash Rookie
Elysium, sydney, proudly presents

"The only tourney in the country that doesnt lick my balls"

Featuring the Plastic Fantastic

And The Mighty Morphin Gordon Rangers

So, revival of smash in sydney has come at last, as the ACT scene has finally been restored, and now THE Luke and Ted are going to start running regular tourneys!

SO get excited guys, our time has come again at last!
remember how much you all loved the ACT tourneys? (if you dont, go back and look over the old threads where everyone freaks out about how much fun they had and ****)

Well its gonna be bigger and better then that!
its gonna be the only tourney in the country that doesnt lick my balls!

SO watch this space
And GET

When?
Sunday the 20th of May, 11am till late (est 9pm)

Where:
Manhattan super bowl bowling centre, 549 Gardeners Road Mascot

There is Parking under the venue

What do I need to bring:
Tv's and Wii's are always appreciated and help things run smoother, aside from that, you need to bring a controller and monies.
You'll need $15 for the venue fee, this cost includes lunch which is provided from the bistro next door
Entry to each event (doubles and singles for both games) is an additional $5 per event, note that for doubles this $5 is per team, rather then per individual player

Important addition!
The tourney begins at 11, but we will be setuping (yes this is now a word) from 1030, so if you have gear, or wanna have some warmup matches, please show up before 11.
if you are going to be late, ring either me or ted and we'll sort something out.

Whats on?

We'll be having a doubles and singles bracket for both melee and brawl, and time permitting, crew battles, thats a very big maybe however.
There may or may not be pools for both games depending on turnout size

General rules:

• Metaknight is Banned
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • No Ifinites beyond %300
  • All sets in the double elim bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (best of 1)
  • Daves supid rule 'No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.'
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If a game ends with any of the following moves (bowsers suicide claw, Ganons Suicide flame choke, Kirby/d3's suicide inhale) then the victory is given to the person who intiated said move, instead of going to sudden death. (note with suicide inhale, ins entirely possible for the player to break out of it mere miliseconds before death, in which case they are shown as being the winner on the results screen and the victory is given to them instead of kirby/d3)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stage striking: you each take turns in 'striking' and stage from the starter list until 1 remains, you then play on that level. The player that strikes first also gets his or her choice of controller port, if there is a disupte in who will go first, paper-scissors-rock will be played (best of 1) and the winner gets to chose who goes first.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based or eyesight disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, (only relevant in Double elim brackets) that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Stalling is banned.

lukes description of stalling:

any action that that causes a player to be unreachable, such as jigglypuffs rising pound off the top of the screen.
    being wario and constantly running away from and avoiding your opponent is extremely gay/frustrating, but is not stalling since you are still techniaclly reachable and hittable. (this is known as air camping, not stalling)

SBR's description of stalling:

The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
    So now you known doubly what it is, no excuses.

Melee rules:

Basically the same deal except that metaknight isnt banned (actually you know what? lets make that a melee rule,
metaknight is banned!)

In melee, for doubles, Fountain of dream is removed as a stage, and pokemon stadium 1 is added to neturals.

also if you play shiek you are the gay, straight up, and you have to wear a shiek dunce.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may then choose a stage to ban, the loser of the previous match then announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. the match begins
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage list:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat

melee Stage list:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Yoshi's story
Final destination
Fountain of dreams
Dream land 64

Counterpick:
Pokemon stadium 1

questions?:
contact Luke (0424 846 576)
or Ted (0425625481)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
gordon rangers wowwwww
where have i seen that luigi pic before!?
these tournaments might need their own subforum

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
and also special guest from the past! unreon (maybe...)
unreon has agreed to travel forward in time and attend, but is overly self conscious about his rustiness and doesn't plan to compete seriously. In fact, his hair doesn't even match his controller anymore. What a **** special guest.

Calling Ed as replacement special guest.

Hype +10.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Gordon Rangers made me so hype I almost fell off my chair. Amazome!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that means you're coming then right? :)

oh yeah and just in case nobody gets it (and also cause jokes are waaaay funny when explained right...) :(

gords real name is gordon ranger.

BAM!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh yeah, if and when you confirm your attendence in this thread, also list what equipment you will be bringing (tv's and wii's and melee/brawl)

that way I can make sure we have alot of setups and keep things running smoothly
that'd be great

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Jokes are Soy Good when explained in detail, Luke.

I shall attend and can bring a Wii and a copy of Brawl (NTSC-J). Theoretically this Wii could also be used to play an NTSC-J copy of Melee, but I somehow doubt anyone owns one. Shou taimu da.

Gords

Smash Champion
luke thats ****ing hilarious, however the mighty morphin Gordon Ranger cant attend on the 31st march.

also i think its funny that when we did the power ranger themed power rankings i couldn't be an actual power ranger and now I'm all of them at the same time.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Lol Sydney tourney. Nice troll.

Wait, you're serious!? HYPE!

I'll be there

Splice

Smash Hero
Can I please get a Mighty Morphin Gordon Rangers poster signed by everyone who attends this event?

I would come but its on the same day as a VIC tournament plus I'm in year 12 and mummy says I can't use a plane this year.

Gords

Smash Champion
splice use the train instead, also a poster with everyone there wont be worth much since the mighty morphin gordon ranger wont be there

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Probably were a bit hasty luke, because the part where you say the date is on a saturday is the part where the bowling alley is very very unlikely to comply (as in, they've never stated a saturday has been free bar 6 months notice and a promise of over $9000 in revenue)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I said the POTENTIAL date is on a saturday, nothing is set in stone yet, but yeah, how about the sunday right after, I'll have to get work off but I dont think that'll be an issue
can you chase that up for me?

also, EMBED!!!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
invisi the big deal is you dont even know what regular tourneys looks like. dw tho i still like you. :)

anywho sunday is good for me.

<3 ted.

Top Bottom