• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

tedeth

Smash Master
Liam you still owe me 10 bucks from boost... 5? I think? The one where I paid for your lunch and forgot to get the money off you. :p

Anyway buy my lunch for me next boost. :)

Gords

Smash Champion
I like the idea of the of a tournament on the 20th dec. I might be able to be here for the 7th, but very very unlikely.
Also agree if a one of those dates need to be canceled it should be 27th dec as it is at bad time of year.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah Ted i'll get your lunch next tournament I go to. Probably can't go to the one on the 29th, if it happens. The others sound good though, also mid week tournaments are a good idea.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A couple of people have said they're sketchy about the 29th (well, Ted, Liam, Tim).

Can I get a bit of a roll call for who's able to come on the 29th (November).

I know toby, myself and dain can ;D

D0N

Smash Ace
Well if Toby is goin ill most likely be staying with him at the time so i'll go most likely.

Ill probly go all fox or something though, i'm not supposed to be there lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If I run one on the 29th,
be a "super relax deluxe" tournament.

Just Brawl Singles/Melee Singles.
We'll have some crew event happen in the morning before any brackets start,
and have another crew event/somthing after everythings done.

(Or maybe Brawl Singles, Melee Doubles? vice versa, whatever).

Huge energy post Rocky fizzled a bit last Boost, so I think this one should be about bringing the lolfun like "Green Greens Peach vs Fox double bomb KO"fun.

Any ideas suggestions for the pre-tournament event and post-tournament event... GO.

S.D

Smash Master
I like the relaxed tournament idea - ALL STAGES LEGAL!!??

I'll probably be hella ****ed up on the 29th, grad party the night before but we'll see.

D0N

Smash Ace
Brawl teams/Melee teams/other games (SF4, Smash64, Melty, etc) teams tournament.

In short, you pick a partner and enter into a bracket. Standard tourney rules for all games (for 1 round), best of 3. First game is agreed on (or decided by rock paper scissors or something), losing team counterpicks the game. No game can be used again in a set if you already won using it. There's probly a lack of games for this...

3man crew bracket

Low tier/ low tier teams

Draft crews

What SD said

Stamina mode tourney

Bananas on low/items

Random teams/crews/bracket

Put everyones name into a hat and have them draw a name to find their brawl/melee partner tourney. or crew members

Something else

S.D

Smash Master
Brawl teams/Melee teams/other games (SF4, Smash64, Melty, etc) teams tournament.

In short, you pick a partner and enter into a bracket. Standard tourney rules for all games (for 1 round), best of 3. First game is agreed on (or decided by rock paper scissors or something), losing team counterpicks the game. No game can be used again in a set if you already won using it. There's probly a lack of games for this...

3man crew bracket

Low tier/ low tier teams

Draft crews

What SD said

Stamina mode tourney

Bananas on low/items

Random teams/crews/bracket

Put everyones name into a hat and have them draw a name to find their brawl/melee partner tourney. or crew members

Something else
3 man crews is an interesting one.

Morning crew battle defs on imo.

Shaya - are you still interested in competitive item play? I remember back in the early boost days you were keen to try out an items tourney.

D0N

Smash Ace
That can be avoided. Just one PR person per crew or something.

Or if everyone finds it just impossible PR people can draw non PR names out of a hat for their crew.

Bjay

Smash Lord
3 man crews reminds me of King of Fighters. :p

Names out of a hat is always a good solution!

D0N

Smash Ace
It's just a guideline. The idea is Shaya, Ted, Me, Toby cannot be on the same team. The way it would work just depends how many people show up.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
If the 29th is gonna be a lols tournament I could probably come in the morning for a bit. Me and Toby 2 man crew will take you all.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I'll be free on the 29th, relaxed tourney sounds cool.

IMO we should do some sort of low tier event.

Maybe this tourney will finish on time if it's more relaxed :S

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Alot of matches from Boost are up on Shayas youtube channel ('hiyashaya') if people didn't know.

my unnecessary review due to bordem :):

Watched the brawl singles gfinals, used up my 12gig of download, was great :p. Well played Shaya and Ted, was alot of camp, and thusly not overly exciting to watch, but that's just the direction our metagame is doomed to go, don't get peer pressured into playing more aggressive, brawl is srs bsns :laugh:. The tempo/action(?) did pick up in the last couple of games aswell.

It wasn't all bad from a spectator point of view, as a consolation prize for the >7minute matches, there were >7 minutes of lulz commentary as well as insights into the inner workings of Lukes stoner mind. The commentators should get half the prize money imo.

conclusively: if you wanna get a feel for what these matches are like, sit in training mode with the controllers unplugged for 8mins, whilst listening to weird al/flight of the conchords (or something). :lick:.

"this reminds me of that time i sat around doing nothing, and it was more fun" :laugh:

:bee:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh what a night that was...

mmm 12 hour sleeps are good, I had a 14 hour one over the weekend.

D0N

Smash Ace
I uploaded DK 4 ways at D0N757. Theyre still processing right now though...

And now I have to re upload them cuz they uploaded in bad quality...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People,

Is November 29th a good date for a tournament?

I'm yet to book.
It would be D0N's last possible tournament he could attend, so get some hype and love people.
Otherwise *sadface*.

P.S. I think I want to buy a bike, and get run over by planes/crazy taxi drivers as on the trip to Tobys to get drunk instead of wasting moneyz relying on silly half an hour waiting times or some crap after it gets late.
Good for my health too.
Buff Shaya '10.
Toby will also have to beat Ted so he too can eventually afford a Bike.

lolollololololololololol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but bikes cost alot of money, I'm sure toby will get a voucher for a free bike though if he listerns to some crazy old man talk about something he really loves, quite possibly that guy on the train that one time?

Top Bottom