• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

D0N

Smash Ace
It will be

lol F_T_S its like a dk version of duelist pro. with lots of spikes. Im starting to wonder how that would actually work out...

Gords

Smash Champion
easy,

have a infinite time match, where all DKs try to take them selves out on the right side of japes (is it even possible for DK), and all participants can attack,spike and hinder their opponents to prevent them from getting to the finish line.

now thats more exciting than duelist pro imo.:)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I agree, and you all have to make DK screaming noises while you play, and jump up and down excitedly like monkeys!
even though dk is an ape

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
according to wikipedia

"Shigeru believed 'donkey' meant 'stupid' in English, and assumed the name Donkey Kong would convey the sense 'stupid ape' to an American audience.
When he suggested this name to Nintendo of America, he was laughed at, but the name stuck."

also according to wikipedia

"In the 1980s Donkey Kong has his own breakfast cereal. In Clint Eastwood's movie Tightrope a box of the cereal can be seen in the background as Clint's real life daughter Alison Eastwood is making breakfast."

Gords

Smash Champion
Off topic warning!

I can infract on this account too <3
If I may, can I just ask how the current conversation is off topic,

we are discussing the background of a character which may become relavant to an exibition match that may occur at this upcoming tournament, the tournament of which is the topic of the thread.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If I may, can I just ask how the current conversation is off topic,

we are discussing the background of a character which may become relavant to an exibition match that may occur at this upcoming tournament, the tournament of which is the topic of the thread.
That sounds like just the kind of insolence that results in an infraction!!!!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah 4 way DK battles sound epic, I'm a little out of practice with the old DK. Too much meta *****, falco and IKE. Exhibition match on japes hell yeah.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
Yeah 4 way DK battles sound epic, I'm a little out of practice with the old DK. Too much meta *****, falco and IKE. Exhibition match on japes hell yeah.
i'm a little out of practice with the game called smash brothers brawl :p

Ahh Japes holds some fond memories in my heart. 2v1 come back against a snake and a DDD. good times

Gords

Smash Champion
That sounds like just the kind of insolence that results in an infraction!!!!
well it will be my first, although i would still like my question answered.
that way i can see where we went wrong so i wont get a second.

EDIT: also I was serious about the question about whether DK can actually kill himself out the right side of japes.

and to stay on topic, shaya i have been in sydney since last friday and will be staying to attend this tourney, will be bringing my wii, brawl, melee, and either EAs tv if i stay with im on sat night or my tv if i go home.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Sure DK can kill himself on the right side of japes. He goes to the very right platform and then he double jumps then up b's off stage... o_O

F_T_S, what happened to HSC raging.

One question, is DK the most popular character in NSW? o_O

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
UPR vs OOS sounds amazing, it has to happen.

Drop doubles or something.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its ok, silfa and scabe are repping for me

if you count act as out of state (which you shouldnt) then its like somewhere around 10

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Breakfast near Shaya's place Sunday Morning.
10 to NINE SHARP.

Toby, considering so many people are staying at yours on the Sunday, I doubt there's nothing stopping you from bringing at least 2 televisions per extra/unwanted person you have staying at yours. :D

EQUIPMENT:

[Brawl] 2 Televisions, Wii - Shaya
[Brawl] 2 Televisions, Melty Love, AV Splitters - EA [Melee] 1 BrokenWii
[Melee] 2 Televisions, Wii, Cube - S.D
[Both] 3 Power Boards & Extension Cables - Fruity
Moar confirmations would be sweet.
I know everyone and their dog is bringing wiis, so let's get the tvs to accomodate them.
Melee could probably do with another 2 tvs as well. S.D has said Jaz will probably come and bring a tv, so thats good.

Gords

Smash Champion
you forgot ugly and leish
thanks, i thought the list looked a bit short,

so thats 9 OoSers in total, across all major smash capitals, wow nice turnout.

Also does anyone know if jaz, unreon and pat may show up?
I assume turtle will be there, especailly with the lure of Cao

EDIT: ok got the answer in regards to Jaz,
maybe i should refresh the thread before posting next time.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll have at least 2 tv's maybe 3 depending on if silfa brings his little one or not, note that my flatscreen that I bring has been lagging lately despite HD cables, I couldnt figure it out but then isaac told me that textures increase lag, and sure enough removing them fixed the problem.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I can bring the little (slightly melted.. :() TV if we can fit it. I'm pretty sure we got 3 in last time, so it should be good.

Probably will bring my wii along too I guess, unless we know we won't need it.

Gords

Smash Champion
you should also make sure the wii settings are set to 480i

but im sure you already new that

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ah, good old Mario Climbers.

I don't understand why textures would cause lag. They're exactly the same as regular Brawl files, just with... different colours. :/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
They're The Mario Bros.ers

Using their ice magix or something.

Anyway, 6 tvs are probably not enough. I'd be happy with 2-3 more for brawl (maybe steal one for melty!)

Melee would be very happy with another two I'd say.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Who is actually taking a PS2 in order to play Melty? Vermy?

My MBAA will be on laptop, PS2 Swap Disk isn't working for me anymore. :/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
speaking of which condog, wheres nappa ganon!!!!

or cell ganon!!!

or Gaara PT with sand pokemon!!!

or yami yugi PT with monsters (nah this one would be way too hard and ****ed up to do)

also texture lag is gay or lols depending on your opinion when your playing on pictochat and your opponent suprises you be running through a solid wall and kills you

Gords

Smash Champion
actually textures causing lag is a misconseption, to my knowledge it hasnt actually been proved beyond all certainty.

the only reason i can think of textures causing lag would be if the new texture file is larger than the original and the game through normal animation requires to reload the textures or move or alter their locations or coding during game play. this also would mean lag would only occur while the texture was being played or the lag occuring only during certain animations,etc, which is unlike the lag which people say to experience while playing textures on any TV let alone HD TVs.
Not to mention that this hypothesis is thwart with inaccuracies and uneducated assumptions and is most likely not the case so I go back to my original statement that textures casuing lag is a misconseption that hasnt accually been proven.

EDIT: in regards to the climber situation,

the first would be considered the mario bros climbers, as the second pictured aren't even bros., siblings yes but brothers no.

and even saying mario brothers is not accurate either as that implies that mario and luigi are brothers, in which they are, but share a common family name of mario.
poor luigi even their title pushes him in the shadow of mario.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
and even saying mario brothers is not accurate either as that implies that mario and luigi are brothers, in which they are, but share a common family name of mario.
poor luigi even their title pushes him in the shadow of mario.
Uh. Actually.

They do share a family name of Mario. >_>

Edit: Also Ice Climbers aren't siblings imo, but there's no proof either way so it's futile.

Gords

Smash Champion
Uh. Actually.

They do share a family name of Mario. >_>.
so their names are
mario mario, and luigi mario then.

Edit: Also Ice Climbers aren't siblings imo, but there's no proof either way so it's futile.
and this is just more evidence to support my thesis that the second pictured climbers can not be called the mario bros. climbers

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sigh, you people, first off the matter at hand

in the terrible but amsuing live action mario brothers movie, they are refered to as mario mario and luigi mario.

however their real last name is segali, go look it up.

also gords just because you cant figure out the technical reason for textures causing lag doesnt mean it doesnt exist, if you were that smart then you would be making games of your own.

textures do cause lag, and if you want I can show you proof at the tourney, so misconception that.

Top Bottom