• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Vermy

Smash Champion
=3

Thank you H-Dizzle. <3

*facepalm>facepalm>hotdog aided facepalm*

Yay pools! Put me in Toby's pool so PT can dominate >=D

tedeth

Smash Master
So like, every pool is going to have 2 PR NSW ppl and like an OoSer.

Crazy.

Can I suggest seeding so that each pool WILL only have 1 OoSer? We don't want them to come here and just play eachother.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry guys, I'll help shaya out with teh seeding again, my PR seeding thing that I came up with was pretty ****.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Wah. I got put in with 2 NSW power rankers at Rocky. What ever happened to 3 people going through at Rocky? Huh??! Whatever happened to that? I was so upset. :(

Nah not really. ^_^

I'm all booked and everything now. Qantas were oddly the cheapest way for me to get to Sydney (yeah, even cheaper than Jetstar once you add on $10 for bags with Jetstar, wtf). I'm a definite. Unless I die.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
well hmm

10 power rankers.
I believe all 10 are able to attend except maybe scoot.

CAO
Tibs
Hotdogs
JBirds
Metanova

7 pools, top 3 go through.
Voila.

Am I missing anybody?

Wait, 7 pools?
**** that.

Hunter Style Round Robin it is.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
do you have somewhere to stay metanova?
Yeah I can stay with one of my cousins. He doesn't live far from the airport either.

10 power rankers.
I believe all 10 are able to attend except maybe scoot.
Scott is (almost) as impulsive as me. Hopefully the hype gets to him and he forgets about whatever it is that's bugging him. Here that scott? ^_^ This is a chance to test your Falco. ^_^

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
pfft Shiki

Let's see them attack with 666 animals at once or slap you around with a broom and SCIENCE.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Well, unless you want to team with me Luke :)

It's just too good of a name to go to waste

ALSO LUKE, SNAKE IS FUN. LET'S HAVE SOME SNAKE MATCHES, KAY?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
OK I SURE DO LOVE FIGHTING JIGGLYPUFF

man, if snake didnt have nades and uptilt, jiggs would **** him.
good thing he does ;)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
NO NO NO, YOU MISUNDERSTAND.

SNAKE DITTOS.

caps

EDIT: WHO KNOWS IF I'M PLAYING JIGGLYPUFF? I MIGHT PULL OUT A MYSTERYOUS MAIN FROM THE DISTANT PAST OF A PREVIOUS BOOST TO CELEBRATE BOOST :D

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh snake ditto's, very well I accept, and that mysterious main better be the lord of darkness himself

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
That wouldn't be very mysterious.

@EA: It was a MAYBE. A MAYBE.

...it's not my fault he's so gosh darn cute >:|

D0N

Smash Ace
Can I borrow someone's hand? My two aren't quite enough to facepalm as much as I'd like to right now.
I just want you to know that this was so good, I may sig it when I wake up in the morning :laugh:.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
**** I really feel like going all fox at this tourney, but I know my fox isnt ready yet and there are lots of interstaters coming.

I know your fox is pretty mad don, before you go can we have a fox training session?

I LAG

Smash Lord
luke, why dont u use all fox against the non power ranked players?

and shaya

8 pools? 3 from each go through?
top from each pool gets a bye?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm well lets see, all the OOS'ers would beat my fox most likely, I beat EA's Mk with fox but his IC's would beat me, you could probably beat my fox ilag (which is why your suggesting this to me in the first place no doubt) and there are others whom I wont mention but they know who they are, and the better I do in my pool, the better my bracket seeding will be, and since there are alot of good players coming, running into them early up will result in me getting a **** result.

but fox against shaya? what a massacre, I'd have to use ganon against shaya and even then it'd be unfair for him.

I LAG

Smash Lord
:( i like playing fox's coz mk has this move called a shuttleloop which just wrecks all his approaches
i know it beats everyones approaches but its more easily spammed on fox.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah your wrong, first off nearly every fox approachs wrong, and second he has a **** approach that barely anyone uses that can beat shuttle loop, and third he doesnt even need to approach mk anyways.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Yeah I can stay with one of my cousins. He doesn't live far from the airport either.

Scott is (almost) as impulsive as me. Hopefully the hype gets to him and he forgets about whatever it is that's bugging him. Here that scott? ^_^ This is a chance to test your Falco. ^_^
There's a small chance of me attending anyway. With all the meets changing up, it might be one of the few opportunities I have to get my PS2 back.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ILAG, use your head a bit.

8 pools, top 3 go through?
Jesus god **** christ.

The bracket has to be reasonable.

At this presumed point of attendants being less than what is efficienct for pools, and too many for the style of using pools as giving 'many matches' when having a 'final' bracket larger than 16 is borderline silly.

The logical choice is just to have a bracket from the start.

Either way, Brawl Singles will be making that decision early on the Sunday, so best attend on time.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry guys I'm sure that with me ted and toby there, shaya will have all the backup he needs and cant go wrong.

also typh, who I will now refer to as the typhlone, because he will **** your life and destroy everything you own

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi Typh =)

The conclusion is, that it 'sucks' that half the attendants need to have a way of getting into the bracket, for some semblance of seeding. Which is fine, 16 man bracket or so is good. But then there's the many ILAGs who complain and complain about being disadvantaged.

A well seeded bracket is the most likely the best choice.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well shaya, given time restraints and attendance, do you think swiss would be viable? with a top 12 bracket?

tedeth

Smash Master
As has been stated before, swiis takes ages due to the entire round having to finish before a new round can start. Pools is still best imo.

30 ppl is 5 pools of 6. Top 3 go through. Bracket of 15. Easy stuff.

Top Bottom