• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

I LAG

Smash Lord
but do u have the balls to go all mk for the tourney?

don soz about last time

but this time i think i am man enough to go all mk
as long as liam is man enough to not use snake <.<

I LAG

Smash Lord
so i'm guessing all of the other mk mains have team mates coz everyone wants to team with mk?

who wants to team with the last mk?

Vermy

Smash Champion
You'd hear crickets chirping, but the moment is so awkward that they feel too uncomfortable to chirp.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Ilag if i go ill team with you

edit: on 2nd thoughts who else is there

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yeah...
What happens when an unstoppable force (J-Birds + Hotdogs) meets a unmovable object (Walls of Elysium) ?
Teams should be good haven't been playing teams too well lately so hopefully this will spring me back.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Don't worry ILAG im going lots of MK in this tournament although unlike you I'm not man enough to go full MK. Like i'll use snake against you and DK against Luke and probably DON. Oh and I won't use top tier against Toby. I might team with you next tournament if there is no one else to team with, because this is probably DON's last tournament. We can go double MK and just spam tornado, you're good at that right. Or I could use DK/Snake we'll just have to see.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
*Mental notes*

*Use Snake or Olimar against any MK*

*Use Olimar or Dedede against any Snake*

*Use Falco against Tibs*

*Use Sheik/Zelda against Spacies*

*BAN LYLAT CRUISE EVERY ****ING TIME*

Rest will all be on impulses (and no evil, evil MK). I'm probably using Ganon on DK's though. Hell, I don't even mind Ganon on Snake. >_> <_< ^_^

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I'll use falco or MK against you tibs. And please use Snake against my MK metanova. Also I want to play you in a zelda dito cause I play zelda sometimes, and i want to get better, maybe you can teach me some forbiden techniques.

D0N

Smash Ace
yea I was gonna play your DK with ike the first time we played but I forgot. I never used him in tourney though. Toby may remember me talking about playing you with ike. Zelda was my first secondary that I still play occasionally. I may use her for teams more. MK is the **** everyone knew at some point it seems. Some can't resist her charms, some can but crawl back to her for fun every once in awhile.

I don't like falco though. I know how to play him kinda but I probly never will.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah I would be playing more Ike but he makes my game freeze :( I never really liked falco in star fox for some reason he just annoyed me, so until about 2 weeks ago he was actually my least played character in brawl. But I started playing him and find him to be quite fun, I don't do any of that phantasm away spam laser ****. That is too boring. When Toby finally gets his wii back I'm picking up Ike. You'll have to show me some stuff when you stay over. Also to add to the trash talk, we is gonna smash you all in teams. Go team Konkey Dong.

I LAG

Smash Lord
Olimar against MK are you crazy
nah its not that bad up-smash = mks death and oli can camp like a *****

and OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

did u just say toby is getting his wii back

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

that means

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

toby and liam

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

can play wifi

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

and toby has no johns left

so he has to play me on wifi

^_^

Vermy

Smash Champion
Can I borrow someone's hand? My two aren't quite enough to facepalm as much as I'd like to right now.

I LAG

Smash Lord
metanova u are the most broken wifi player

your reactions are faster than tedeth offline

your only problem is u dont camp hard enough

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Really? I just mash buttons and roll to c-stick a lot on Wifi. It works wonders and requires no skill at all. I hate trying to punish things on Wifi; always results in me being gimped or something.

I also punish your ridiculous Tornado spam with Ganon's d-air, something you appear to love. ^_^

Edit: My point is this. Wifi ruins you, it ruins me, it ruins everyone. Don't play it 1 v 1 and expect a decent match.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I can not really see us playing wifi ILAG, it would only make us practice bad habits which wouldn't work in actual matches. Also I really hope I get to play you first in the brackets, can this possibly be arranged somehow?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
How about this I use Snake, pwn you and then teach you the match-up. And I'll even give you some other MK tips, cause I will feel slighly bad about pwning you so hard. :laugh:

Also I actually will team with you in future tournaments (not this one) if there are no power ranked players for me to team with.

I LAG

Smash Lord
idk its like 70% chance of me making it out of pools

boost tourneys are really **** though

2 power ranked players per pool

makes it pretty **** hard for non power ranked players to get through.

i just got to do what ever it takes to make it out of pools and then the brackets will be fine.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
But the brackets will be filled with people who made it out of pools, so they are all going to be better than the people you beat to make it out of pools...... xD

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Eh as much as I'd often hate to admit, ILAG does reasonably well in tournament. It usually comes down to how quickly he comes across two of the higher PR players.

Dedu

Smash Lord
That's the same for everyone Meteor.

But still gotta say one thing for Wi- Fi...

FAILPALM *sigh*

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lols liam you dont need zelda practice, you did invent suger copter did you not?

anyways I learn some ike back in the day to teach him to 2 of my friends so I can show you a little bit, and lols at that match liam: "lets try ike, he does pretty good against snake" luke: "you reckon? ok."

nade counter to nade counter to nade counter, luke: "you can see the problem here cant you."

anyways this tourney should be good, suppose I better start practicing again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are a couple of Border line PR players.
General rule of thumb is that they're the ones still active in the scene who have exited the PR before.
Or are ones that have placed top 8 before/from time to time.

Those borderline players are well known, and it brings me great enjoyment to know how bad QLD and VIC must feel that they can't even really muster 10 good players, let alone NSW who have 10 defined good players and maybe 5 or so "borderline".

DOHOHOH I WENT THERE.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the last two boosts I had pools of 6 players, with top 3 going through.
Pretty good ratio.

This tournament will require a lot more seeded players though.
And with the assumed number increase (I'd say we'd reach 30?), there'll probably be more pools dawg.

Top Bottom