• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

S.D

Smash Master
Ok guys, it seemed we were able to run melee quite efficiently alongside the Brawl events, thanks largely to Shaya and everyone's co-operation. Now with Caotic coming on the 4th, I am looking to run melee again, and will be encouraging some of our melee players to come along. Anyone able to pledge equipment for melee please let me know (we will only need 3 setups minimum).

As for the actual running of the event, Shaya I think that we may be best served to stop all friendlies BY FORCE IF NECESSARY to get everyone up and registering and to inform them about schedule, rules, proceedings etc in the morning. This way everyone is briefed on what to expect and it ensures everyone registers in a relatively short period of time. To allow quicker flow of registration, I propose that some of the senior members (ie: yourself, me, CAO, Turtle, Jaz?, Ted, Luke) can all take registration money in order to allow a better traffic flow as opposed to a massive cluster**** if everyone is trying to pay you. We can take names and enter them into TO once all registrations are done (assuming that it won't 100% match AIB attendance).

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Tourney was fun. =) Was good to meet you all, S.D is really nice ^^ and for the rest of you aswell =D

Rage at scott for ****ing up the pools >.> Should be coming to next tourney if ricky gets off work

will do shoutouts later when i can be bothered.. weeee

S.D

Smash Master
If I can get the day off work on Sunday, I am going to win Melee.

DSMASH!

Are you going to run doubles SD?
Ideally yes, but I will need to discuss this with Shaya and I'm not sure whether we will have the time or resources.

It would be beneficial to run doubles with Rocky the following week.

swordsaint

Smash Master
couple of small shouts outs to the regulars mostly, lot of new guys i can't name and i hope to see those not mentioned at more

shaya, congrats on winning again, almost had you, perhaps next week? ^_^
Toby, as insane as ever, tooooo pro, good seeing you again, always uber nice
d0n, :(:(:(:(:(
ricky... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
ted, some bad luck there, it's good to get our bad days out before rocky though
S.D wasn't confident on winning, if you'd went with diddy im sure you could've had me, and that brinstar counterpick was a mindgame and a half
Scar. i hate you
Luke, a bit unlucky there, was surprised to see you go so early, what happened? I missed it
Liam, toby said you were good, but you were a lot better than i was expecting, with a different approach next week and you could see an even better placing
franky/piero; good meeting you man, sorry for showing up too late to get some good ol friendlies with you, my bad
leish; pro tip, being kicked hurts :(
bjaaaaaayyyyy looked different
Scabe, epic link dittos! seems i hold the cup right now at 2-1 :)

all in all i had fun, tourney running late was good for someone who showed up late at least

apologies again to don and shaya for showing up late

bai

tibs7

Smash Champion
wtf ted 5th? - deserves 1st imo.

and whats with the page before this one? $213 next to 5 people? i dont get it =(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What's really good is,
is that everyone who made it into the brawl bracket has an AIB account, EXCEPT FOR GORDS AND LIAM.
lol :p
I love what I'm seeing :D

1: Shaya (Marth)
2: Toby (Pokemon Trainer)
3: D0N (Donkey Kong)
4: swordsaintscoot (snake, falco, pit)
5: Meteor (Ness)
5: tedeth (Wolf, Wario)
7: Elypsis (Donkey Kong, Meta Knight)
7: S.D (Dedede, Diddy)

Ignore TIO's crap.
I dont know how it got 213... but eh

I LAG

Smash Lord
great tourney
thanks shaya for hosting and rigging the pools and brackets
toby and don in my pool <.<
then even after coming 2nd i play scott first round who won 8-0 in pools

i'll do shout outs later

i need to do my maths homework :(

EDIT: liam was a ***** and used snake against me to win

swordsaint

Smash Master
Depends on how you look at it Shaya, if you don't want to include Metaknight it's your choice, but I feel he contributed enough in some matches during pools and against you, if not in your opinion that's cool.

Other than that, it was mostly Falco and Snake, but i had 1 win against Meteor with Pit in a critical moment so I believe Pit played a big part.

So, Pit and Metaknight's inclusion is up to you, but Falco and Snake are definites.

D0N

Smash Ace
This went well. I went all DK. Shoutouts::

Toby - Thanks again for the housing and hospitality. And getting me lost. And warning me about the trains. good times lol. Tell Bro I said thanks too. It was nice to actually meet you and play the trainer I heard so much about.

Liam - Teams was fun. Im not to great at them but ill figure them out eventually. Thanks for the hospitality and hopefully we'll take 1st or 2nd next time.

Ted - Thanks for SDing lol. Its a shame you played so badly when you couldnt affors mistakes. Ive never seen you play so safe with that stupid blaster when you were trying to catch up though.

Meteor - I was impressed watching you play and by your comeback in doubles. I got greedy for a grab and you were just to good for that.

Shaya - Close match, no real compliants this time. Im much happier with that set than last time when I was playing terribly, but I wont be happy until i've destroyed you. Just saying. Your a cool guy though and a pretty good TO.

Scabe - Nice Link, thats a character that really takes some talent which you seem to have. It was really fun to play one. Hope to play you some more in the future.

Scoot - I was pretty worried when I forgot to ban FD. It all worked out for me though lol. Fun matches. Im teaming with Liam next tourney again since you didnt show up and we had fun teaming, sorry.

Liesha - You got a win off of me in doubles when it was 1 on 1. Nice job. It was nice to see you again. I can't remember your partners name but he didnt do too bad either.

S.D. - I heard the crowd reaction from your amazing tech, then learned it wasn't saved... I wish I had your melee tech skills. Hope your happy with my donation to your melee prize lol.

Turtle - You almost gimped me with pit, and then had the most unfortunate SD ive ever seen. Your a smart player, I like how I told you right before the match what could be done and you found a good time to apply it. You were just unlucky with it.

Chickensalad - Those pools matches against your jigglypuff were fun. Rollout vs. Ground pound lol. It was nice meeting you.

Planetstereo - Thanks for reminding me how to hold the pool stick lol. I tried to learn how to play a while ago so I know a few things, but I just suck and started watching more than playing. Like I said, your good where it matters lol.

Gords - Fun matches we had. I think you played well aside from your SDs, but as you said thats the problem lol. At least you made it out of pools though right? You can't be as bad as you think.

EA - Didnt play you because I still didnt feel like playing you for a bit lol, but I watched some of your teams matches. I saw you do some nice things with MK, and then SD... gotta get those out of your system lol. Nice job in pools and stuff.

ILAG - You have no honor. Counterpicking D3 against me and still losing. Shame... shame... your a cool kid, but what happened to having balls and going all MK like you said in the allisbrawl thread? Do you not have any balls yet? I mean you were the only MK main and yet... jk jk.

Silfa - I didnt play your DK in singles. Only in doubles which doesnt count in my book. I meant to, hopefully it will happen next time. I gotta get you on the PR :).

Bjay - I didnt play you (or even speak to you lol... sorry), but I watched you play Ted. I saw some nice things from your Wario.

Everyone Else - Hope you had fun.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Scoot:

Characters next to your name should be the characters you WON WITH, in sets that you WON IN.
So if Meteor only used ness against you (and no one else), even though he won the first match, I wouldnt call it critical to his placement.

If you only used MK against me and in pools (pools not really counting for character usage) then I'd say its not worth it.

I'll throw in Pit because you *****, good ****, you should use him more.

Yeah D0N, that set was awesome, a full five matches? I have not done one of those in singles since February against Amaterasu. This one was great, one of my most intense sets of all time. I'll keep trying to stop you from destroying me =) No hard feelings for the lolzcrap from last time.
Surviving a near fully charged DK fsmash at 90%? Yeah I'm that good :D

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ok then, so I'm Falco/Pit/Snake?

And yeah you're right, Metaknight wasn't that important which is why I gave you the choice on that.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Fun tourney, while I feel I could have surely achieved a better placing this time, I suppose I'm comfortable with 5th.

Shaya: As usual, you took the win without too much effort. There isn't really much I can do against you unless I decide to buff up my ICs sometime. Epic venue, and great TO'ing. Hopefully I can make it next sunday.

Toby: How unfortunate with our doubles placing. =( Guess we'd better pick it up next time. I'm pretty sure we were both feeling a bit uneasy about it at the beginning of the day anyhow. Great work with 2nd place in singles though. Now I guess you'd be feeling a bit less worried about PT making you drop in placings.

D0N: I only played you in doubles, and didn't really see much more of you playing, but your DK looked as solid as ever, and I don't really know how I pulled that win off in Luigi's mansion against both you and Liam. Nice work with 3rd, man.

Scoot: lololololololol. But seriously, nice work with the being gay in the last match heh. I knew it was really risky to keep playing Ness the moment you chose Pit. Oh well, 3 STOCKING ASIDE, you pulled off a nice win. I'm just glad Snake isn't giving me any stupid issues any longer, considering I almost took that second match. I'll win next time. ;)

Meteor: Dude, you got *****. Oh well, that Ness is a pretty cool guy. But maybe you should use Meta Knight, he much better than that douchebag kid. gg

Ted: Wow, how the hell did I equal in placing with you? Must have had a bad luck streak in double elim, you seemed pretty on top of it in pools. Don't worry you'll take the next one if I don't. =P

Liam: Aaaaaaaaah, scary close matches. DK and Snake are pretty nasty when it comes to release grabs. Surprised you didn't start abusing it. =S Oh well, great matches, it's always a fun match with you.

S.D: I didn't see any of your matches, but 7th is still a pretty quality placing with so many good players emerging.

Luke: Unexpected with you being knocked out so early, but you still won doubles so its all good I guess. Good times chilling to the pokemon theme in the car. lol. Great seeing you again, I want to see the Luigi next time though, or even that sweet new fox of yours.

Silfa and Scabe/Scalfa: Only got to play you both in doubles which is a shame but they were really fun matches, and we were only half-liking the Brinstar cp. xD

ILAG: Wow, you took a match off of Toby... but you still haven't gotten any better unfortunately, maybe its not yet time for you to take up Dedede as well.

EA: Wow, you were making a lot of people struggle. Everyone I talked to did not want to play you at all. lol. I see some good improvement. =)

Bjay: Always good fun playing your Wario. 2 waft ko's in a single match was a bit disturbing. Hopefully we play again at the next one.

Gords: You were close to even on my Ness, I don't really understand why you were disappointed with your play. You still made it into d/e as well. I had fun playing you anyway though. In Melee as well.

Turtle: Didn't play you in Brawl, only on your turf, I didn't expect to actually take a match. It was fun though, when I play well, I'm more motivated to actually play Melee.

Fruiti: Hopefully my Sonic left a good impression on you, I'm really trying to get it to work. The close Sonic ditto made me a bit more confident my Sonic can be tourney viable. Your Lucas is pretty good too. Maybe try and work more dairs into the playstyle tough. =)

Melancholy: Fun matches, and nice meeting you. Your G&W is pretty good, a bit more involvement in the scene could take it places.

Frankie/Renagades: Good to see you got a SWF account. And thanks for coming. =)

Sydney Brawl scene is pretty amazing now. Can't wait for more tourneys, guys. =)

Also Shaya, all of my wins were Ness. Only non-Ness matches were against you or in pools.

I LAG

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Chickensalad: I had sooo much fun playing you, your metaknight and jiggz are really good

scabe: REMATCH!!! (sand bagging johns, well at first but then your link was alot better than i expected and i was waiting for you to stuff up and capitalise but it didn't happen :()

scott: first you hate me, then you love me, then you hate me, now u still hate me? anyways GGs but your going to be in trouble when i find out how to counter the roll

Turtle: man teaming with you was EPIC!!! you should play brawl, you would be really good at it if you did but u really got to work on not fighting your team mate for lolz when we're 4 stocks up on the other team

Ted: at the beginning of the day you were **** but after u lost to shaya you were playing alot worse. You shouldn't get so angry losing to shaya, he's really good.

Gords: i never play u enough, i know u always ask me but i was trying to get a match with scabe and don but ggs in brawl and pokemon on the train.

EA: man you got ALOT better now. GGs

Silfa: GGs, really close, sorry for picking D3 even though i didn't use him against your dk

Liam: Your too good, still a lil angry at u for using snake against me instead of dk but i used D3 against silfa and don so i guess thats just as bad.

Bjay: didn't play u much but ggs.

gopo: i played u like a few times then after lunch i dont think i saw u. u like just disappeared

S.D: ggs your too pro at brawl and melee, you should pick up metaknight because your metaknight is AMAZING. i am still amazing by that stage tech u did against ted.

Liesha & Meteor: didn't play you two :(

Toby: ggs your squirtle is toooo good, congrats on coming 2nd.

shaya: i know you were busy but one match is disappointing but still GG.

i know i missed someone so i just tell me if i missed u and i'll add u

**** i forgot don

don: :( i thought i had the balls to go all metaknight but it turns out i'm just as sad as everyone else except for toby. i am weak but my d3 goes about just as good as mk against d3 i might use more mk in that match up once i get more match up experience with him. GGs, your extremely hard to get a match with <.<

Silfa

Smash Ace
Great venue, great food, great tournament. I very worth while experience.

Luke: Thanks for driving us up, it was definitely worth it. It's a shame you only got 9th(?), but a first in teams isn't too shabby. I don't think I'll forgot that pools match anytime soon.

Scabe: LinDK.. lol. Despite our team name, I think we managed to do really well. Thinking back on it, I don't think there was a single game where I was the last one of us left. oh well, you held it together.

Shaya: Good job on running the tournament. Congrats on 1st. :)

Toby: Watching your pokemon trainer really is a sight to see. In teams, you squritle was just ripping me apart, haha.

Meteor: Playing you in doubles was I think the first time we've played, so that was good. Brinstar was probably a mistake on our part from the looks on your faces, lol.

D0N: Too bad we didn't get any singles games in, we'll definitely get some in next time. Nice work on 3rd! Representing DK very well.

Liam: Didn't get to play you this time, but I'm sure you were as good as last time.

Bjay: It was good having a bit more of a chat with you this time. Epic finish against Luke in pools. I knew you could get further than me in the bracket!

S.D: It was great to meet you. I really enjoyed the games we played (except for maybe one ;)), you're a really good player. No worries about using Dedede, it was going to happen eventually.

Ilag: It was a weird set we played. From what I can tell, your MK has improved a fair bit since the last we played. It's too bad my Kirby can't match up to it yet.

Ted: That game of melee we played really stands out in my memory, it was so bad, heh. I'll try and give you a bit more of challenge should we play again in it. Nice work in teams. From what I watched, your team was ripping it up.

EA: Chaingrabs! ugh. I really should learn to get around it. I just get so frustrated. :dizzy: Good job though.

gopobox: Your falco really took me by surprise. Thanks for the warm ups for doubles.

Chicken salad: Those games in doubles were tough! Probably my favourite set of the day just because of how hard it was. You seemed like a really friendly guy and good sport.

Stereo: I don't think we played, but I heard about your epic pool skills.

Melancholy: Nice to meet you man, you were nice and seemed just like a cool guy. Thanks for the games we played in both games. I think the games in melee have encouraged me to play it a bit more and made me realise why it's such a great game.

Everyone else: sorry if I forgot about you, I'm still pretty tired. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves though. :)

Bjay

Smash Lord
I had a blast at the tournament. I loved the venue, the customer service, and the refreshments. I hope to see more tournaments at this venue in the future. Yay for nostalgia.

I was close to achieving my goal for the tournament, but just missed out. Hopefully I can achieve it at the next tournament.

Shoutouts:

ComboTurtle – It’s always heaps of fun versing you since the old days of our Marth vs Peach. You floored me but I hope I was a bit of a challenge to you. I hope the next time we face each other, I can be even more of a challenge. I’m still actually hoping to team up with you some day.

D0N - That's cool, it's all good. :) At least there was doubles (but it doesn't really count :p). Also thanks a bunch, it's very flattering to hear that from a very great player such as yourself. I hope next time we can have some matches, even friendlies!

e_alert – EA omgggggg chaingrabs. T__________T Your chaingrabbing skills are pretty dangerous, I’m surprised I hung in there in our second pool match towards mid-match to the end. I hope I can be more of a challenge to you next time lol. Thanks for bringing Melty and allowing me to use your arcade stick. I had a lot of fun with our Melty matches too (FACEPLANT YEAH!) and we must play some more Melty again next time.

gopobox – Gopo it was great to be able to verse you! Shame about your suicides in pool matches, especially since you had the lead throughout most of our matches as well. That’s a really nice Falco you’ve got going there, I look forward to playing you again. I wish better luck and less suicides for you next time.

Gords – I’m surprised this time we didn’t verse each other in Melee as it always seems to be an on-going routine (though if I won against Meteor we would have lol). Fun friendlies we had, and fun DE matches we had as well. As per usual, our matches always are really close. That banana-trip to fart KO really helped me. Look forward to versing you next time.

Luke – Hey Luke those were some pretty intense and epic matches against you in Pools. Our matches always seem to go down to the wire and I always have a lot of fun versing your Snake. I can’t believe how our final pool match ended, it may have been a win for me, but I prefer to see it as a draw lol. Thanks for the games and I will see you next week. We should play some Jump too hahaha.

isthattim? – omgggg that Doctor Mario! Very well played Tim! Your spacing and aiming was perfect, and you had me struggling through our matches the whole time that I’m surprised that I managed to win in the end. Those stitchfaces came at the most crucial moments. I love that awesome KO combo of yours you’ve got going which I can’t seem to find a way around. Thanks for the games in Melty as well, you’re absolutely hax, it was fun! :p I hope I was a challenge to you lol.

Meteor – Thank you for the awesome, fun, and hilarious matches in both Brawl and Melee. I always seem to be struggling in our matches yet I find it really enjoyable and have a great time playing Smash with you. Your Ness never ceases to impress me! PK Thunder for the win.

S.D – wahhh I didn’t get to play you in any games at all apart from brawl doubles T_T I saw some of your matches and I’m impressed as always and it’s really awesome to see the diversity you have with characters in Melee. Perhaps you can give me some coaching at the next tournament. :p

Scabe – Thanks! It’s great to be able to finally meet you! Don’t worry you can always teach me next time! We may have not been able to play each other in any matches other than the doubles matches, but I did watch quite a few matches of yours and I was very impressed. You performed really well in doubles but got unlucky at the end in our match. We must play next time! I look forward to our future matches.

Shaya – Congratulations on first place! We never seem to get to play each other as always in any matches (other than friendlies, which we rarely have too) which is a shame (or should I say it’s a good thing?). Thank you for organising the tournament and for doing a great job too! Glad to see the venue is suburb which is close to my old home

Silfa
Jon it was great seeing you again and have a bit of a chat with ya this time! It's a shame we didn't play any more matches other than our pool matches. :p There was the chance to be in a different pool with you but unfortunately my reverse psychology failed! But we both made it into the DE bracket which is what counts! You dominated me in our matches but I always enjoy versing ya. Pretty fun matches they were! I hope you make it next week.

Tedeth – I was hoping to verse you later, but I’m glad I got to verse you rather than never. We must have more matches and especially Wario dittos. Your Wolf left my Wario helpless, and your Wario is absolutely amazing to play against. I was surprised I got that fart KO on you, but your counter-fart wrote ‘OH SNAP!’ all over my fart KO. :p Thanks for the matches again! Some day I want to team up with you as a Wario duo again!

To everyone else whom I saw/met - I hope I get to verse you in some tournament matches next time.

To the smashers I haven't met, it was lovely to meet you, and thank you for the friendlies.

To the others I haven't given a shoutout too, it was great to see you again, and I hope we can have some matches next time (since there were quite a few there who I was glad to see again, but unfortunately didn't play any matches with).

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next tournament. :)

[/shoutouts] So tired~
______

Dave! If you want and would like to, I would love to team up with you for Shaya's next tournament, if you'll have me as your doubles partner. I was about to ask for a team mate on here actually, and since you're looking, I would like to take you up on your offer.
_____

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Mad props to Shaya for arranging everything and running it smoothly, and sorry I forgot to mention that my laptop's battery was ****ed. D: But it all worked out in the end, so it's all good. A truly excellent tourney, I enjoyed it immensely. Except for that walk from the venue to Mascot station.

... my arms are still hurting. :(

Thanks for the shoutouts guys, it means a lot and makes me happy. :)

Shoutouts of my own!

Stereo & Oliver - Good games guys, for a second there I thought you had us. After beating us the second game I had to remind myself that it WAS your counterpick in order to keep myself in high spirits. A good challenge and great fun playing you guys. :3

Shaya & S.D - Man, you had us real good, after the first game I thought we might have a teeny chance, but y'all crushed that by going double Dedede. D: There wasn't much we could do against that, but we did our best, and had lots of fun.

Leish & Frank - Some really close games here! You guys put up a good struggle and really made us work for that victory, I felt at any time the scales could tip in the others' favour. It was a good experience playing you guys, too bad about those SDs though. D:

Silfa & Scabe - Okay seriously, what the ****. I didn't feel like there was anything I could do against this beast team. Every time I thought gopo and myself were doing okay, one of you would come in and ***** slap me for it. Some great games, but we had no chance, good job guys. :3

gopobox - It was mad fun teaming with you, we pulled off some pretty funky stuff together. I look forward to teaming with you next time, with a bit of experience we can work out those kinks and become a decent team. And good games in pools dude, bad luck about those SDs; when you're playing well you're really on top of things and I struggle, all you need to do is work through those tournament jitters and I can see your placement shooting right up. :)

Silfa - Man, that Kirby! To be honest, I was kind of scared when you chose Kirby rather than DK, because I didn't know what to expect, but I tried to keep my spirits high and it turned out that we had some really fun matches, pause-cancelling, screaming and all. I'm actually surprised I pulled through with all that going on, on top of you just plain rocking at this game. :3

Bjay - Your Wario's too good dude, I didn't know what to expect coming into our match. All I knew was that I was doing well so far and that, especially against you, all I could really do was my best and see what happens. It turns out that you have a really good Wario that put me in a lot of tight spots, but I think the fact that I play Ted's Wario all the time just pulled me through on this one more than anything else. And mad fun playing MBAA man, it was my pleasure, it's a shame the save was lost or you could have tried out the funky new team characters and SAkiha, I'll try to unlock it all again before Friday for you. :3

Luke - **** son, your Snake is too manly even for my MK. Coming into this I expected to do better against you than I did, but like you said you learnt the matchup from the best. And what could I do, choose ICs? LOL. Man, you better come to my STD so you can teach me the matchup, or else I'll get ****ed again at Boost V. xD

TOBY - Holy ****, my match of the DAY right here. Super close, and I felt I did extremely well despite losing. I learnt a ton from it too, not just in the matchups but also about the utter importance of (smart) counterpicking. Ovarall I am very satisfied, I hope to play you again in tournament soon. And thanks for helping carrying my TV, me and my arms love you forever for it. :)

Leish - Nice Melee matches, you're better than you think. PokeFloats is the best counterpick ever! :3

Meteor - What the ****, those first two Rest KOs! That really disheartened me, and made me completely rethink my strategy for the matchup. I'd like to think I did better the second game, but you still came out on top, good ****. :p

Turtle - Sorry for wasting your time, I didn't feel like I could get anywhere at all against you in Melee, as expected of one of the best Melee players in the state. xD Good stuff, it's great to be ***** by better players every so often since it lets you know where you stand, and I still have a LONG way to go with Melee in general. :3

And to everyone else, I have nothing really specific to say, but I enjoyed playing and hanging out with you all at the tournament immensely, especially those who chilled at the MBAA TV!

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok shoutout time for me before bed then.

My bros:

Luke: We ****. Plain and simple. I can't wait to watch those replays of our epicness and me screming stuff at you constantly. :p
Can't wait for next week when we will **** even harder. Walls of Elysium are too broken. :)

Shister: Good win man. You were playing well. Totally deserved it. Don't think you'll get away so easily next time. Thanks for letting me crash at your place. Plenty of good times had by all. :)

Toby: Didn't get to play you. :( Grats on second. Pity about the grand finals though. Good doubles matches, you guys were really on the ball as usual. I swear I'm still tasting that *******.

Meteor: Good to finally play you again. Felt like we hadn't played in aaaaages. Playing against your sonic was interesting and I really think it gave me a good warmup for playing Fruity later in the day. Melee Jigss is ****ing gay. :p

FTS: ****ing come to something.

Others:

Bjay: Good games man. We totally need to play tonnes of Wario dittos. I think we could both learn alot from eachother. Even though I came out on top I still feel there are aspects to your wario game that are better than mine. Look forward to playing you again soon.

D0N: Well played man. You really did deserve that win. You seemed to be playing a the top of your game and had some good sets throughout the day. You'll be a great addition for us at Rocky. :)

Scoot: I heard you were a bit off your game. I know the feeling lol. Pity I didn't get to beat you this tourney. :(

EA: I heard you were playing really well and from what I saw you were really pressuring Toby. Maybe these weekly meets are doing you good. Keep getting better man and your IC's will be ****.

S.D: ****ing amazing skills with that melee style tech. Too epic man. Thanks for having some melee friendlies with me, I wish I could play you in melee more often. :(
Grats on the win in melee.

Turt: Thanks for the melee games man. Fox Fox Fox, Fox, Fox Fox, Fox Fox Fox Fox.

Others: Hello.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alright shoutouts time

Ted: we do ****, we ***** those doubles matches so hard that there wasnt even time for the opponents to not consent.

Toby: good to see you again man, thanks for helping me warm up, your still quite aways ahead of me ;)
also great doubles matches but you guys can do better, step it up for epic matches.

Ricky: doubles comment as above, good to see you again too I hadnt seen you in ages, as usual your ness is broken and your sonics coming along too, pity we didnt get to play more.

Shaya: thanks for hosting a great tourney and stuff, grats on first and great work in doubles, some tense matches.

SD: dude dont be sorry for beating me, you played really really well and you earnt it (espically that 0 to 120% combo right at the end) great doubles matches too, your a really fun opponent, cant wait to play you some more next week.

Liam: ahh your DK is beyond my reach now, too good man also I loved the way you played in doubles, it was epic to watch. cant wait to hear your commentary, you and tobes are too good. you guys better show up next week!

EA: wow you did really well in pools, your getting up there. as for the mk snake matchup, I can show you what your doing wrong ;) also sorry about the whole shouting thing, but it was pretty lols.

DON: grats on third dude, shame I didnt get to play you :( see you next week?

Bjay: great to see you again too bjay, looks like your getting the old **** back, epic matches espcially that last kill, too good man, you earnt that one, the other canberians were really happy to meet you too, they thought you were a really nice cool guy.

Silfa: thanks for coming down with me man, I see alot of potential in you and its really starting to come out. gotta train you up some more so I can let you loose on these silly NSW's who think they own our state ;)
Also that comeback againt me was ridiculous, lucky I saved it to my sd card for our viewing pleasure.

Satra: lol as above, you did well for your first real tourney and impressed quite a few people. oh and I hate link.

Gopobox: thanks for the sig, great matches man, you just need to loosen up a bit eh? I noticed a few things you were doing wrong that I can help you with if you want.
I think your a pretty cool guy and I look forward to seeing more of you at tourneys.

Stereo: lol I got so lucky in those melee matches man, like 3 misfires in a row, 10 out of 12 green missiles being misfires? randomly surviving marth fsmashs at 170%? who knows? maybe it was the luigi hat I was wearing.
anyways good to see you again dude your a really nice guy and I wish you and jamus would come to stuff more often, also you should show me some stuff in pool next time.

tim: doctors arnt supossed to **** their patients. good games man, luigi is a slippery little **** hey? but I just couldnt escape the ****.

fruiti: ****! I still didnt get to play you, I've been wanting to play you since like the first boost, hope you come next week!

Ilag: lol complaining about people using snake against you when you play metaknight? good job
I noticed you've been getting alot better, lets see where it takes you eh?

thanks to everyone for a great day, as for everyone asking me what happened? why did I get knocked out? etc etc, I played well but I lost to liam first round, no johns, liam *****.
then I lost to SD 3rd round, again no johns, SD played really well and took it to me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh toby, your just jealous that you have to be super smart and play ridiculously good to get anywhere, and I can just midlessly spam nades and ftilt, yeah what up?

renagadez

Smash Rookie
@ e_alert: lawl yeah we got pretty close to winning but we killed ourselves too many! Ah wells, good playing ya man!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Well then, the tournament was quite enjoyable and I should be able to come to the next one too. The venue there is good so well done Shaya for organising it all.

Meteor: Yeah I thought DK got ***** by Ness so that is why I used Snake in the first match, I should have had more faith in the DK and maybe I would have won, look forward to playing you in the next tournament.

Don: Yeah doubles was awesome especially the match against Toby :laugh: You should ditch Scoot and team with me again in the next tournament I reckon we can win it, just need to figure out a few more strats. Shame we didn’t get to play in singles maybe next time, DK dittos are fun.

Scoot: Only played you in pools don’t think either of us were playing at our best, I should play you more at the next tournament.

Luke: Once again we had to play each other in the first bracket round which was a bit sad. Still it was fun playing against you and nice work winning doubles. Liked the hat.

I LAG: Probably had the most matches against you that day, your meta knight was better than I expected. I had to use Snake against you for the lols I certainly could have used DK but I wouldn’t have found it as amusing. You do need more practice in the Snake match-up and it is definitely even, Toby can beat my Snake with meta knight you just need to know what to do. Anyway the other matches against you were pretty fun, my pokemon trainer got smashed :(.

Stereo: Played a few friendlies against you which is always fun. You are too good at pool, seriously.

Didn’t really get to play many matches against anyone else so I can’t really comment, should probably play more friendlies next tournament. Favourite moments of the tournament were defiantly commentating the doubles final with Toby and seeing ILAG’s response to me choosing Snake against him.

Note: Not that it really matters but I used Snake and not Meta Knight in singles brackets, I used MK in doubles and pools (soz).

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
cant win a match at brawl anymore, couldn't be bothered doing shoutouts but it was a good tourney all the brawl people have gotten heaps better. Also fruity you should play melee, you actually have some decent tech skill with that falcon, you also tech chase really well with knees stomps and dsmashes.

edit: EA if you played falco against me, i think it was you your lasering has gotten heaps better.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Time for some shoutouts.

S.D - Thanks for letting me come down with you, had a great time with you guys, and thanks for lending me your controller :p Your Diddy destroyed me in pools, sorry I couldn't put up a better fight :/ Nice job with Melee too, even though you weren't happy with the finals. Also, your stage tech was incredible.

Tim - I appreciate you teaming with me for doubles, and much thanks for the 5 minute Melee lesson. I actually had a really great time playing Melee, I need to pick that game up. Your cupcakes were awesome too.

Silfa - Thanks for the matches, you are a really good player, and a nice guy too. Good to play you in doubles, and our Melee matches were fun too. Hope to play you again next time.

Scabe - I seriously did not know link could do the things you do. All these projectiles and explosions going everywhere :/ To be honest, I'm glad you didn't get the replay of our matches, that was kind of embarrasing. Melee was great too. It was great to meet you, you are a really cool dude.

Shaya - Great venue, great tourney, great food, great job. Good to play you, and thanks for some of the advice you gave me.

Tedeth - Thanks for the Melee matches. Pity I didn't get to play you in brawl, but good job on doubles. Nice hat too.

Stereo - You are a cool guy, and our matches in Melee were super intense, hopefully I'll get to play you some more at future meets. Also our doubles friendlies were cool, New Pork City for starter anyone?

Meteor - Your Ness is super impressive. Like, wow. Thanks for the friendlies.

Fruity - Cool matches man, your Sonic is really good, and I had a good time playing you. Nice Lucas as well. Thanks for the SSB64 friendlies at the end.

Frank - Our pool matches were fun, as were our friendlies. It was really great to meet you.

Gords - Thanks for the Melee matches, they were awesome (mostly cause I won). Hopefully I get a chance to play you in brawl next meet.

To anyone I forgot to mention, sorry.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Oliver: Thanks for team, was epic lol, refer to previous post. had some good friendlies with you and your falco. oh and pool teaming was epic lol. see ya next time man

Shaya: Tourney = success. wow win your own tourney, get money, i see the gig lol. best venue in existence with free pool. should have opened a bar tab haha. PS ill get that tv off you some time....

gords: QUEENSLAND!! oreally, sounds like you were having fun up there but came home for tourney = commitment. didnt get to play you though which was sad. next time

EA & Dain: lol at team battle, was sooooo close and full of win. didnt get to play you EA in singles though. missed the chain grab lols :( was good to play you though dain :)

Toby: Your hair is my hero and your trainer is my hero. your like, two heros in one haha. but epic pwnage and fun times all around. i live kinda near you and shaya now so so some epic brawl training would make me very happy, and meleez too

Luke: Oh Wow, what can i say. those melee matches were something else. just playing in them made up for losing haha. must have been the cap :D your a great guy and always look forward to catching up with you at tourneys. congrats on winning doubles.

Don: 3 stocked me in pools, ow the shame. but you smiled and brushed it of saying that you had already 3 stocked other people today. lolol. good times, great guy.

finish off shoutouts later dudes

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought running the tournament would be like the biggest handicap of all tbh, guess not this time around.
Nathan, I still do owe you $5 though.

Yet again, thanks everyone for coming and for enjoying it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also seb was talking to the venue guy and he said there was no venue fee, conspiracy!!!!

swordsaint

Smash Master
I need a (good) team partner now that DON and Liam are semi-permanent teammates while DON's in Aus.
Currently all power-ranked members are teaming with each other, and Zero isn't coming again. :(

Who wants to team?

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah shaya is known to steal money outta of the pot. ilag told me so.

I LAG

Smash Lord
nah ted it wasn't the size of the TV, it was that TV and the one next to it was pretty bad. it really sucked even toby and don like refused to play me on it.

renagadez

Smash Rookie
@melancholy: lol yeah! You got me good in that second round. Maybe I should have stuck with the first control scheme! =P

Top Bottom