• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Undying love?
Whzzzut?
I just want a partner. :bigrocket:
What an awesome emote. *Copies*
Umm yeah, you should come anyway.

swordsaint

Smash Master
At least if I go, the panel can get me off the PR because I'll get last. Like I said though, depends on TAFE. I think the tournaments just after exams and assessment due dates, so it should all be good.

Then I probably won't come for another 2 months or something. :S

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Survives a snake up tilt at like, 150+ wtf
it was at 200% lol

.Ted, you still haven't added my new msn. I want to sort this stuff out with you.
I thought you wanted to do it in person, and I quote 'like men' lololol

also toby give up winning that title, just have perfect attendance in act and stuff nsw, sounds like a good plan to me ;) but serisouly, come chill soon.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
OzHadou guys say they will be showing up to run stuff on this 14th of March.
Depending on how this goes they will either be in or out for Thriller.

I will still be running tier tournaments, as a lot of people are excited about them, but I will probably cut down on how prevalent low and mid constitute your score. As to allow people to be able to participate in SF4 or whatever.

Perhaps: Best placement will count as 2x, 2nd best as 1x, and 3rd best at 0.5. Or something.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
OMG. So I heard that Shaya is in charge of the next tier list, and if this is true, could you please PM me when you're about to post it so I can get the first post?!? Please?
awww.......
How about now?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So wait..... you're actually considering giving me the ultimate honour that an average user can get, by posting first in the tier list? I'm shocked! I don't know what to say. No, I take it back, I do know what to say, but I'll have to think of the ultimate way of wording it.
I'll get back to you.

Did you have anything it mind? Or any requests?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I need to have the first post so I can scream, yet again, ICE CLIMBERS STILL AREN'T HIGH ENOUGH. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

... Even though they'll probably be pretty **** high this time. :|

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm thinking of having this long drawn out speech that actually talks about the stuff in the tier list that you could have only known if you'd seen it, humurous of course XD, and then just copy paste it so everyone's like, how the hell did you type that so fast? That and it'll be so unexpected, not to mention humurous.
Did I say humurous?

No! It'll include everything! How about you all post what you want me to say. For example, Ted's and EA's ideas will be in there.

Or I could do both. Write up a long funny speech and just try to fit in the statements that you guys post. So I could be talking about the relative consistency of MK's position then just break out with, That's stupid. You're all stupid. Stop being stupid.

The possibilities.

We'll have to like synch it though to make sure I get the first post. I still don't know how we'll get the timing. Is there a time within the week, say, 3 am on a wednesday that like no one is on smashboards?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
If I can get the first page! Even that. I'll PM you if I actually end up going through with this and don't just forget about it tomorow. Thanks again for the offer. I've got some planning to do.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Keep in mind that 3am for us is like during the day for them.

Also, *humourous

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like this idea of foxy's, do it.

you should probably also point out some other stuff like why fox isnt top, why peach isnt number 1 (good old peach mains) and why the **** snake isnt number 2 anymore.

also shaya dont make the mid and low tiers count as less points, that more or less defeats the whole purpose of the tier tourney in the first place, sf4 is meant to run on the side without affecting us right, as soon as you start compromising for it things are gonna turn sour.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
also shaya dont make the mid and low tiers count as less points, that more or less defeats the whole purpose of the tier tourney in the first place
You are correct, hence the probably better idea of 2x, 1x, 0.5x.
In order of your best results, not high, mid, low.

But if Oz guys are just doing things casually probably wont need to.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Be a reverse scale thing.
As in if theres 20 entrants, first gets 20, last gets 1.

So if you got 1st in two events, that would be 60 points. And chances are you could get away with missing out on another event.
ILL CONSIDER THAT scheme on the day.

Actually I wouldnt do it reverse point scheme. Maybe 10/8/6/4/2/2/1/1

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I totally hear you there techno, dont you wish you were more like shaya and were perfect...

anyways I dont understand the need for this whole 2x/1x/0.5x thing

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Uhh... wow...

You understand wrong.

If someone does well in 2/3 of ANY of the tiers, whats that going to mean?
Im so totally a shoe in for high and mid, right?
You are just looking for **** to spout, arent you LUKE?
Also since when am I **** at low tiers? lol...

And it was an IDEA for IF there were to be a sf4 tournament on the day.
As it would allow people to not have to participate in all 3 tournaments to do well over all.

But I think it may be a good idea to include anyway seeing as it relieves some of the issues individuals have.

tedeth

Smash Master
Just to clarify, I like Shaya's idea and was in no way trying to make it seem like he was making that rule for selfish reasons. It takes into account that some of us just don't have characters in low tier. If you're going to be determining prize money with a low/mid tier tourney something like this stops the actual best players (Who won't be able tto play their actual mainss (except Toby :p)) ending up lower in the rankings than they actually should.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
again sf4 shouldnt inpede on us, and not having to participate in all 3 kinda defeats the purpose.

and no I dont look for **** to spout, you hand it to me with a golden spout, how can I resist that?
also your pretty good at low tears, they do go a long way down your face.

edit- I dunno ted, the whole point was to see what would happen if the top players who use high tiers were brought down to the low tier mains level.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah I know Luke, and we'll still see that. But in the end, the best overally players should have rankings that show that. This will, however, give the low tier players easier high rankings.

Top Bottom