• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well actually it was 3 matches, which = a tourney set, and 1 tourney set decides everything ;)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
My predictions
Low: Scabe/Ricky
Mid: Scabe/Ricky/Ted
High: Who cares

blehblehbleh
Aww thanks for the believing in me :love:

I hope I can do well at this tourney. :)

Even though I'm broke, I wouldn't mind MM a few people ($2). I can save the replays and upload them on to my YouTube channel which you all should subscribe to ;)

I'm also trying to learn how to get commentating to work then I could help with the recording. Still no luck. :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
how could we not believe in you, everytime I play you I am convinced that link is the best character in the game

S.D

Smash Master
Aww thanks for the believing in me :love:

I hope I can do well at this tourney. :)

Even though I'm broke, I wouldn't mind MM a few people ($2). I can save the replays and upload them on to my YouTube channel which you all should subscribe to ;)

I'm also trying to learn how to get commentating to work then I could help with the recording. Still no luck. :(
I finally worked out audio recording on mine, I just need to use garage band and record audio separate to the footage, maybe you could try something similar and synch it later.

I'll give you two dollars MM you if I get a spare minute.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah, I'm using the same method but for Audacity. I have to download some thing so I can export files to MP3. I think I have Garage band so I'll give that a try.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So with the new tier list out... and considering I was apart of it and mostly agree with it...
I may be happy to have it be used as for the tier tournament.

The only qualm I have is that Middle gets a little bit more boring; pretty much the entirity of the now B Tier was usable in Mid. And yeah, they are good, but there was a bit of excitement going there imo.

Im sure people who wub the Pokemon Trainer and Ness would be a little disappointed in Low Tier though :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266820

As I said, Id be happy to use this list as its fresh/accurate. But I will still be wanting to collect data on character usages and adjust things over time.
What I am truly interested in is creating workable/exciting NU/Low tier and UU/Middle Tier meta games. The current tier list is taking everything into consideration. But even characters like (RANDOM/ARBITRARY) Peach may actually be too good for Middle Tier in terms of dominance, I would really love to explore those possibilities over time. Some people in the BBR are interested in this as well (not what I am doing specifically, but the idea of seperate metagames in general).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol finally bringing out that mario you were working on like what? a year later?

Im sorry foxy, I cant hold back the stampede much longer :(
weak, you should have stuck to the plan, manliness my ***.
also lol at link, he's better then 2nd last at least.

yo everyone, i'll be coming to this and it'll probs be my last sydney tourney before i move so tons of people better play me.

Tim
I'll play you, I like vsing your mad doc skills.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
toby. said:
edit: Shotgun A Spot On The Puff Patrol. It's Clearly A Close Partner Of The Squirtle Squad
:) :) :) :) :)

I think Puff Patrol is like

Myself
Scabe
Ricky
Toby

:039:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Im sorry foxy, I cant hold back the stampede much longer :(
Don't worry. I was at Ted's versing a generic black boxer that shot fireballs out of his nose, so I got home late. And then I didn't go on the cpu. And then I got up this moring and it was up. So don't worry. If I was on the cpu last night, I would have PM'd you but alas, it was not meant to be.

I wanna be the guy ftw.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I wanna be the guy is rage tier.

I got as far as jump over spike pit, it lifts up and chases you and then there's a big walljump sequence. I fail at walljumps :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I may start to phase out the Ledge Grab Limit rule.
In recent times Ive been privy to a HELL OF A LOT of discussion of the thing, and aside from it somewhat weakening Meta Knight (who mathematically is able to stall out a full 4 minutes with 20 [or 25?] ledge grabs if no one attemps to stop him), but doesnt exactly stop him from camping out the clock (air camping, gliding abuse...), it seemingly makes characters such as ROB, Pit, Mr. Game & Watch and Samus, who a lot of their games rely a lot on the ledge; drastically less viable to use. One could also argue that its inclusion drastically increases the viability of Falco and Fox across the board, who generally struggles to deal with ledge camping from just about any character...

My thoughts and definitions of what is fair or competitive change over time; and at this point the notion of arbitrarily banning a facet of Brawl (as in changing the game from what it is) seems... iffy. It also creates a new winning condition through trying to force someone to reach 25 ledge grabs before attempting to time them out through other means. I hope you guys have noticed Toby (in keikaku doori mode) ftilting you with squirtle over and over again at the ledge :p [lol].

Proposing this to get some opinions of course. LGLs have become somewhat of a standard rule across the world of brawl, but that does not necessarily mean its right.
Phasing Out?
Well I could just outright remove it...
Apply it only to Meta Knight (for the time being)
Increase the limit (seems odd...)

What are peoples thoughts?
Like in reality, in Sydney, I have only been aware of there being TWO time outs that the Ledge Grab Limit rule came into place. Of those two, neither were Meta Knight. In fact it was Samus (Throwback) and Peach (CAOTIC) who were declared as a loss because of the LGL (they both had percent leads).

Whilst it isnt within the realms of the REAL BBR Rulesets definition of stalling, I think our current stance on stalling:
1. Avoiding all conflict (from a safe position) with a percent/stock loss
2. Staying on the ledge when there is no immediate danger to you (i.e. someone letting you back on stage...) or you are not attacking (Pit/ROB/Samus projectile love stuff).
Will both be somewhat frowned/nitpicked on. I know both (especially the second one) are equally arbitrary and hence somewhat hypocritical like the LGL, but I doubt would ever result in any ramifications.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also I havnt noticed toby in keikaku doori mode ftilting me since I havnt played him in forever, come to more stuff toby!

and forget keikaku doori mode, now we have 'Kurayami nara kocchi no mon da' mode

Enemy

Smash Rookie
Awesome! This will be the first brawl tourney my friend and I will attend. Is it necessary for me to bring a wii or tv?

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the LG rule. Whenever I'm brawling with friends, we never exceed 25 LG's. I think the only way you could do that within the span of 8 minutes is if you're stalling. I could be wrong, though, that's just my opinion. Personally, I think at most it should be phased out a little, but it shouldn't be removed completely.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi Enemy :)
Nice to see a new face!
Bringing a tv/wii isnt a necessity, but the more the better.

In relation to 25 LGs in 8 minutes; a character like ROB, Samus, Pit etc etc could easily go over 25. They are not necessarily going for a time out, but their safest means of damaging opponents is through the safety of the ledge.

Top Bottom