• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
today me rey n dylan went to eat at a pho place in san francisco, and we saw SHERIDAN! he just finished eating with his friends so he was leaving

then we walked to quicklys after pho and there was sheridan again!

the end!
If all u smashers are in SF so often, u should come train with me! I get bored with level 1s and end up playing 9s half the time so I might be getting worse eheh

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lmfao, who?

I place 4th at everything ever. D:

I'm terrible at Melee now, though. Like, horrible. I kinda dropped offa the face of the smash scene entirely, GG is where my ♥ is at now. Still, not like Brawl takes much skill, so I'll prolly keep going to tourneys for that, just outta habit.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Prolly. Haven't been out SoCal way, or to Maryland. Still, when things like what plank did at Axis can net you 3rd in a 200+ tournament, it just kinda kills my desire to take a game seriously. Sure, DSF ***** the hell outta him, and Alex is a cool player/guy, but the fact that he got that far by just ledgecamping... D:

EDIT: Bedtime nao, moar talksies later.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
interim of zeal is an idiot.

plank regularly plays and trades sets with some of the best players in the country. LMAO @ "just ledgecamping." you're still as dumb as you ever were, i see.

and no chok, plank's name is jon

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't care how he places, watching him play and win is just painful.

Try and tell me that his matches with SK92 were anything more than just ledgecamping. Tell me that he didn't try it against Alex, before getting *****.

Yeah, the play to win mentality is great and all, but seriously, he's boring as all hell to watch play.

Then again, it is Brawl. Aside from Futile, Azen, DSF, and M2k, who is fun to watch anymore?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if i actually took you seriously i would point out how you contradict yourself

but no one cares what you have to say

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Then again, it is Brawl. Aside from Futile, Azen, DSF, and M2k, who is fun to watch anymore?
I think brawl is sort of an acquired taste for former melee players. I think plenty of brawlers are fun to watch.
oh but scratch m2k off your list, he's good but pretty boring

and for new brawlers, i'm sure some would say "there's too much gayness and gimping, that doesn't take skill" as much as melee players say "camping with grenades and tilts takes no skill"

i've learned to be optomistic and appreciative of both

azen is sick.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I think brawl is sort of an acquired taste for former melee players. I think plenty of brawlers are fun to watch.
oh but scratch m2k off your list, he's good but pretty boring

and for new brawlers, i'm sure some would say "there's too much gayness and gimping, that doesn't take skill" as much as melee players say "camping with grenades and tilts takes no skill"

i've learned to be optomistic and appreciative of both

azen is sick.
werd to that andre

pockyD

Smash Legend
i can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen something done in brawl where I thought to myself "that's amazing" or "I can't believe he just did that"

whereas before it became mundane and commonplace, I'd think that 2-3 times per match watching any of the top melee players

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I just need to hit up Cali again sometime. Aside from our e-***** fights, I really do like Cali.

Happy birthday, Zoapz. How old are you?

Btw, any of you play GG?

EDIT: Zeal

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Is there a place where up to date information about these Nevers happen? Almost impossible to know without following the entire thread =[.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I'm currently looking into hosting bi-weekly tournaments at the Sunnyvale Art Institute. I won't have confirmation if I can get hold of a room until mid-October, but the odds are high.

I'll be holding Brawl tournaments, but if someone can help out with the extra work and TVs/cubes needed to make it happen, we can add in Melee. The tournaments would have to be run at the same time since there won't be enough time to have two back-to-back. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get confirmation on the room, but I figured I'd give a heads-up first. :3

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Hey guys! I'm currently looking into hosting bi-weekly tournaments at the Sunnyvale Art Institute. I won't have confirmation if I can get hold of a room until mid-October, but the odds are high.

I'll be holding Brawl tournaments, but if someone can help out with the extra work and TVs/cubes needed to make it happen, we can add in Melee. The tournaments would have to be run at the same time since there won't be enough time to have two back-to-back. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get confirmation on the room, but I figured I'd give a heads-up first. :3
Wow, sounds great.

I'd be great if you could have melee. I would definitely be willing to help run all the melee portions. And luckily in norcal, we're usually never short on equipment.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Perhaps I just need to hit up Cali again sometime. Aside from our e-***** fights, I really do like Cali.

Happy birthday, Zoapz. How old are you?

Btw, any of you play GG?

EDIT: Zeal
Me, and my crew, etc.

I go to gatherings and crap every once and awhile. ^_^.

L__

Smash Master
i can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen something done in brawl where I thought to myself "that's amazing" or "I can't believe he just did that"

whereas before it became mundane and commonplace, I'd think that 2-3 times per match watching any of the top melee players

I can totally agree with this statement.

(PSST, POCKY, I'VE PLAYED YOU AT LUIS' TOURNAMENT, although you probably don't remember me...)

Miztik

Smash Master
Brawl is tight

Plank is too good

there are many more exciting players to watch like Sk92, shadowRob, Meep, Lucien (fox), T!mmy is good to watch cuz its kirby, many more

EazyP

Smash Ace

That would be amazingly awesome, but it'll probably happen on saturdays just like every other tournament meaning I couldn't go because of work

Sadness

Naota21t

Smash Champion
All good stuff involves work.

Like Smash... and sex... and... well thats all I can think of at the moment to be honest.

Laying around and watching tv doesn't really dictate as work.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
tournament at quaks house tomorrow. make sure to just open the door or if that isnt open, feel free to do w/e to get in. eat all his food and make yourselves at home. also his room is now the new bathroom.

this is 100% serious. denny didnt post it because he was trying to get raviolis from the can (lol can opener)
call him from 2-5am, those are the only times hes reachable.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I forgot, I freakin' love Lucien.

I dislike t!mmy. Not as a person, but as a player. He's hella overrated. Demised is a **** good kirby, though. Timotee is also pretty decent, but that's just me talking up mah own state.

Me, and my crew, etc.

I go to gatherings and crap every once and awhile. ^_^.
Any plans for OoS tournaments and whatnot? I'm looking to start traveling soon for the game. I have all this extra money from when I was planning on traveling for Brawl, and I'm looking to meet as many people as possible.

Top Bottom