• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
More accurate power rankings
1.PHIL\bombsoldier
2.lucien
3.zelgadis
4.koskirby
5.kof
6.hostility
7.zoap
8.germ
9.nanerz
10.sidefx

Naota21t

Smash Champion
yea, its annual i believe.

i didn't get to go either, i was too poooooor. but im DEFINITELY going next year. I'm going to like plan everything in advance too.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
wow, fanime was hella good, but sucks that i didn't see more smashers .Yeah had a lot of fun tho, gonna be there the whole weekend next year no doubt haha

Gaara♥

Smash Master
nemesis is ridiculous at brawl and getting owned by him made me like brawl alot more
but melee is still my favorite!

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I just saw some pics my friend Teresa took at fanime.

LOL dude i saw JR as Zack. He told me he was going to go as Zack, I guess he ended up doing it. Turned out pretty good.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I like how the smash community welcomes brawl newcomers with welcoming arms

/sarcasm
It's all a big test. You either hafto admit Melee is the superior game, or you hafto be downright ridiculous at brawl.

And seeing as NorCal is lacking in brawl tournaments, the 2nd option isn't viable yet. >_>

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
pretty sure i might be going with this with DBJ, but if not, i think im gonna have a car with 4 others.

if i do go with the a full car, would someone be willing to house us?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
pretty sure i might be going with this with DBJ, but if not, i think im gonna have a car with 4 others.

if i do go with the a full car, would someone be willing to house us?
how many people? I can probably house a few people for the night, but obviously you'll hafto drive yourself to SJSU from my place (since I'm going to end up having to get a ride).

I live in San Mateo, which is like between SJ and SF

vi3tromanc3r

Smash Rookie
sup guys i play smash alot and i go to sjsu but never heard of any tournament. fill me in on the next one thats going to happen. thanks alot and i hope i can join.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
No, how did you come to that conclusion? June 7th is stamped all over the place. It's not EVERY Saturday, but they are ONLY on Saturdays. The next one's date is generally in the thread's very title.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
prodigykid, he asked me if there were any good BRAWL players in the san jose area. because i dont consider myself good at brawl, i would go ahead and say that nemesis is the only good brawl player in the san jose area. everyone else plays a lot more melee, or isnt good. therefore it is easy to conclude that the san jose area considers brawl to be the inferior game. i really didnt lie about anything.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
prodigykid, he asked me if there were any good BRAWL players in the san jose area. because i dont consider myself good at brawl, i would go ahead and say that nemesis is the only good brawl player in the san jose area. everyone else plays a lot more melee, or isnt good. therefore it is easy to conclude that the san jose area considers brawl to be the superior game. i really didnt lie about anything.
I hope you meant melee right there.... otherwise o.o

But you couldve just said Nemesis and that no one really plays Brawl in San Jose. The bias wasn't necessary. It'd be ok if you were just a random player, I wouldn't care, but as a host, it feels like your sentiment is a reflection on ths grand scene.

I dont really like one game more than the other... it just seems that pro-Melee qq a lil too much IMO.

Naota21t

Smash Champion

But you couldve just said Nemesis and that no one really plays Brawl in San Jose. The bias wasn't necessary. It'd be ok if you were just a random player, I wouldn't care, but as a host, it feels like your sentiment is a reflection on ths grand scene.

I dont really like one game more than the other... it just seems that pro-Melee qq a lil too much IMO.
That bias is just reflected on this board though. Just look at the last NCB; there were so many random no-named brawl players (not using the term negatively) that showed up.

It may seem like the bias is ridiculously in Melee's favor, but thats only on this board which is a reflection of a very select group of people who have played Melee for years.

The actual scene is LARGELY bias towards Brawl. I'm talking about general players who are willing to go to tournaments. You can go to any high school now and be like, "I'm hosting a Brawl tournament" and you'll have like at least 20 people jump outta the woodworks and respond, "Brawl NAO!"

Miharu

Smash Hero

QQ MOAR DESU

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
thanks for catching my mistake prodigy. the error wasnt in which game i used, i meant to say inferior not superior.

but yes, i have a bias. yes i have an opinion. you do, too, except whenever anyone attempts to tell me why brawl is better than melee i usually have a counter argument that they cant seem to get around. not that i hate brawl, its just not as fun.

and dont worry about me chasing away the brawl newbies. if they want to play then they'll come and play. its both brawl and melee, after all. i have never once said that you have to come and play melee at the biweeklies. granted i was a little frustrated when DBR decided not to, but thats just because i was excited for a chance to see them play melee again =(

and honestly im really not too concerned with the newcommers anyway. sure i guess its good to have growth, but i go to these to hang out with my friends, not people ive never heard about. i suppose the exception are people that i might be interested in playing with on a regular basis outside of biweeklies, so im glad to see more local san jose players are taking interest.

EDIT: i was sorta thinking about you saying that melee players QQ a lot about brawl, i dunno. i dont hear a lot of other people besides me doing that. and i still play brawl sometimes. i guess i just like to complain, it makes me feel better about the problem XD

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
and honestly im really not too concerned with the newcommers anyway. sure i guess its good to have growth, but i go to these to hang out with my friends, not people ive never heard about. i suppose the exception are people that i might be interested in playing with on a regular basis outside of biweeklies, so im glad to see more local san jose players are taking interest.
The fact that the Brawl players show up to tournaments says that they're willing to travel and socialize, we should give them a chance to integrate themselves into our community. Sure there a lot of "FALCON PAUUUNNCCHHH" Brawl players... but we were all scrubs at one point.

Unfortunately, I will miss this Biweekly due to Senior Ball. Good luck to everyone, and sorry for missing this socal =/

Miztik

Smash Master
wait a min BTZO and good shouldnt be used in the same sentence at all lollolololololololololol....jk btzo...or am i?....

Top Bottom