• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
my bad sheridan. i didnt realize that signups ended at 12. i will change this right away.

so i have been told that if i were to host a biweekly on the 7th of june, a fair amount of so cal would be interested in coming on TOP of the norcal guys who want to play too.

so for now im going to informally announce that there will be a biweekly june 7th of both melee and brawl (sorry jason, if you want to chat we can try to work something out) much like what we did last time. it is quite important, though, that more wii's and cubes show up, perhaps even some extra TVs.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Uh last time Sheridan and I had to be doing sht the whole day, and that was a small turnout even compared to typical biweeklies. So if Socal is coming we are either going to have to cut some events out or get more setups...but one of those has to happen, I'd appreciate it if you could consult one of us about it instead of just saying brawl and melee. Doesn't even matter who it is, I'm busy with other stuff anyway.:lick:

I haven't heard from any smashers about fanime other than Sheridan and Vanessa so yeah...I'm not exactly going for smash but it's always good to see smashers haha

Miztik

Smash Master
**** i hella want to go to this..but this is the day after my graduation...ill be at sober grad night til like 5am....

well eff it....lumpy if you go im going kk...lol...

sidefx

Smash Champion
ok so.. this time were using TIO.. **** the stupid hand writing brackets from play pool. that **** is dumb.

edit: i can bring my laptop to do it

WassupJB

Smash Lord
my bad sheridan. i didnt realize that signups ended at 12. i will change this right away.

so i have been told that if i were to host a biweekly on the 7th of june, a fair amount of so cal would be interested in coming on TOP of the norcal guys who want to play too.

so for now im going to informally announce that there will be a biweekly june 7th of both melee and brawl (sorry jason, if you want to chat we can try to work something out) much like what we did last time. it is quite important, though, that more wii's and cubes show up, perhaps even some extra TVs.
yeah that's dope i will be showing up for that, hopefully. and i'll be moving my tournament to sunday. boback, lucien and quite a few others said they were down to go to both. thanks though brotha, freal.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
i will do everything i can to get more setups this time around. i think i might be able to manage to have 3 or 4 more setups than the last biweekly. we should be able to run things more smoothly like that.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i'll bring my recording sheeit..but i might not. glenn posted in my ownapalooza thread, that he might show up, BUT might not cause of his brother's bday. now that socal has agreed to come to ncb, which is way way way more credible, i'm sure he might be swayed more in the direction of coming up here.

but hey, i don't know.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
No no its the truth I finally see the error of my ways. Brawl is by far the superior game. What was i thinking. So much more depth so much more skilled based. I was living in the past. Im dropping melee completely and starting a new. The future is here! TLA the best cew norcal/world. Has taken over and its time for me to rejoin my crew mates. Then show dbr how we get down =)

Miharu

Smash Hero
No no its the truth I finally see the error of my ways. Brawl is by far the superior game. What was i thinking. So much more depth so much more skilled based. I was living in the past. Im dropping melee completely and starting a new. The future is here! TLA the best cew norcal/world. Has taken over and its time for me to rejoin my crew mates. Then show dbr how we get down =)
wtf traitor

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
lucien has hacked phil's acount... that is all...

EDIT: if melee is first, then i will be able to go...
so if anyone knows the official order of the events, can you lemme know?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
All that can be guaranteed is that there will be Melee since that's what the host wants. Depending on how many people show up and what the demand is we can run other things.

However if we get more than 32 people, we either have to run Melee/Brawl singles at the same time, cut out one of the events, or cap entry at 32. That's just a fact of life. I'd rather do the first option. I'm sorry if you can't switch between Melee/Brawl, the solution to that is just don't enter one of them if it really bothers you that much. Last NCB, all the TO's were doing crap the whole time and we still went about 30 min over time I think. Running singles and teams at the same time is not effective because one teams match potentially holds up four singles matches; it's really nearly the same time as running one after the other in my experience, especially when you have say 12 teams and 32 singles entrants.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i think we can do melee/brawl singles at the same time.. honestly i dont know of anyone that is playing both of them legit right now.. as in trying to place in both. cause last time a bunch of people entered melee to just goof off, or entered brawl to goof off, but played the other game seriously (which ever one they didnt goof off in) so melee/brawl singles at the same time sounds good. im bringing 2 tv's if i can, with my wii.

lets get some more tv's people and get this **** going.. id rather it not be capped at 32 cause that would suck balls

edit: sucks for you hazy boy

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hmm im going to say let doubles be per who is interested on the day of. lets try to not promise all 4 events.

also, capping at 32 would suck.

there will be more setups this time. and by there will be, i mean YOU WILL ALL BRING YOUR **** SETUPS! i want 4 TVs brought, minimum. i'll get one myself, and boback said he can get 1 or 2

bring your **** wii's and cubes!

Top Bottom