• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Anti-Brawl people are starting to remind me of that girlfriend that tags along to a sporting event. You know the one that really shouldn't be there but insists on going for whatever reason and spends the whole time complaining and making comments about how stupid sports are and then afterwards doesn't understand why everyone is annoyed at her.

I mean you have a right to your opinion, right?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Anti-Brawl people are starting to remind me of that girlfriend that tags along to a sporting event. You know the one that really shouldn't be there but insists on going for whatever reason and spends the whole time complaining and making comments about how stupid sports are and then afterwards doesn't understand why everyone is annoyed at her.

So Brawl is the older, prettier, better pixelated , annoying sister of Melee?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord

LOL good stuff scamp.

The only thing I don't like about brawl is traveling 500+ miles to go to a tournament just to get camped. but hey, camping wins until people learn how to play I guess. Oh well, teams is still amazing haha

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
scamp, anti brawl people wouldnt make so much noise if pro brawl people wouldnt have made so much noise when i said that i want to not have brawl at the biweeklies =\

as it stands, i think what we did last time was awesome

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So Brawl is the older, prettier, better pixelated , annoying sister of Melee?
I cannot figure out a way that you came to this conclusion based on my analogy. You must have completely misunderstood it. Please explain to me what you were thinking because maybe I need to explain my analogies better in the future.

scamp, anti brawl people wouldnt make so much noise if pro brawl people wouldnt have made so much noise when i said that i want to not have brawl at the biweeklies =\

as it stands, i think what we did last time was awesome
No, I don't think the pro-Brawl people making noise has anything to do with the anti-Brawl people making noise in this case. And in general they're pretty noisy regardless. But if you want to make this argument I'd have to put a lot of the blame on you for trying to make everyone happy when you didn't have the resources to do so.

Next time just say "we're doing it this way and that's it. Come to my tourney or don't." Don't defend with reasoning and small sample sized polls that can be debated and/or nitpicked unless you have solid irrefutable reasonings which you clearly did not.

All that being said I do regret missing the last biweekly (how was I supposed to know that teams would be included?) and by all accounts I heard it was excellent.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
You're analogy reminds me of that cliche that sooo many teen movies use.

Two sisters, one's always really good looking, but their personality sucks arse.
While one is always decent looking (not ugly) but they're awesome where it counts.

Thats Brawl and Melee for you.

btw, I love brawl too, so no hate .

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone,
I am new to this thread, but will be coming home to San Jose this summer, and without a Wii, so i was wondering if anyone is down for some friendlies with me when i come back next week.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord

LOL great analogy. Ugh fk those girls, if you don't like it don't go or shut up cuz no one cares about your opinion...hey that works for melee and brawl too :)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You're analogy reminds me of that cliche that sooo many teen movies use.

Two sisters, one's always really good looking, but their personality sucks arse.
While one is always decent looking (not ugly) but they're awesome where it counts.

Thats Brawl and Melee for you.

btw, I love brawl too, so no hate .
I think you should read his post again. Nowhere did he compare Brawl and Melee.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Dude, Baysians for melee, all the way-lay.

Edit:

Suppose F is a function defined by:

The Integral of [(9+t^2)^(1/5) dt] evaluated at 0 to x^2, where x is the variable. Note that F is well defined and is called a Definite-Integral function.

Compute lim as x->1 of (F(x) - F(1)) / (x - 1)

The answer I got was:

2(10^(1/5))

anybody...anybody?

----

Notes about this:

I used the Fundamental Theorem to solve this -- I saw computing the limit as computing the derivative (of the integral) at 1. Can anybody confirm this?

sidefx

Smash Champion
rey, basians dont exist anymore. mitchell and jeff are in DBR now. =D

btw, when is the next NCB? there is an interest for socal to come up to this if its during the begining of june. melee/brawl ive heard from about 10-15 people that theyd like to come up for a norcal tourny

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Whiners, all of you.

Rey that answer makes sense if you accept you can just use the chain rule like that. Which you probably can but I've also never seen it.

Guys, for the biweeklies, I'd like to continue to try to run all 4 events, but, assuming we have the same number of setups as last time, that requires either capping entry at 32 for singles, OR running melee and brawl singles quasi-simultaneously. I think it would be fun to run them at the same time. However some people think it's too hard to switch from Brawl to Melee and back. Personally I feel the games are different enough from one another that it takes hardly any time at all. It's like playing Guilty Gear and then 3S or something. I'd like to hear what other people's opinions are. If we can run them simultaneously, then we can accomodate more entrants and/or run the tourneys more quickly.

P.S. Hi BTZO.

sidefx

Smash Champion
just because you can do it sheridan doesnt mean everyone can. we'd need more tv's though.. im sure if there was an incentive to bring more tv's people would bring them.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
well i personally think (i don't matter) teams and singles would work out better than melee and brawl at the same time... but the obvious problems with that would be, 1) it seems hard to make sure all four players needed for a teams set are not in a singles match... 2) the people who only come for one of the games will be extremely bored while the other games brackets are going on...
but then again, i don't matter... so feel free to skip this post and repeat exactly what i've already said...

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
. Personally I feel the games are different enough from one another that it takes hardly any time at all.
Not to be critical or antyhing, but this is coming from a Jigglypuff player who says himself that he sucks at L-cancelling. Actually tech skill in general.

It took me while, but I can play Melee ICs again =P I remember why I like them. I suck at sweetspotting =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i personally think (i don't matter) teams and singles would work out better than melee and brawl at the same time... but the obvious problems with that would be, 1) it seems hard to make sure all four players needed for a teams set are not in a singles match... 2) the people who only come for one of the games will be extremely bored while the other games brackets are going on...
but then again, i don't matter... so feel free to skip this post and repeat exactly what i've already said...
People who only want to come for one game can actually just show up late // leave early :)

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
it has been brought to my attention that there is going to be a brawl exclusive tourney in antioch on june 7th, which is when i was planning on hosting the next biweekly (i cant on the 31st, i am busy, and this weekend is fanime, so i think a lot of people wont show)

being that the other tourney is going to be just brawl, should we make a melee biweekly? that way those who prefer melee will come to san jose and those who prefer brawl can go to antioch. its just a thought, though. i'll have to do something about TOs, because it seems like a majority of the TOs prefer brawl.

also it would be a little dissapointing because i felt what we did last time worked out wonderfully, though i will bring my wii this time (yen told me there was enough...she LIIEEEDDD) and hopefully we can get another setup or 2.

since listening to what you guys have to say (excluding posts from people like nintendoking and choknater) actually seems to work for me, i'll continue to do that. please back up your suggestions with some semblence of reasoning just so i have a good idea of where people stand and why.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the locations are more than an hour apart

is there really anything to gain from declaring it melee-only? if no one interested in brawl shows up, obviously it just won't happen, but if 20 people were interested, then you lost some turnout by overcommitting

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If there are Melee teams I will probably go (are you ready to win again Rey?), I dunno if I am going to stay the whole day and run things cause I gots sheet to do. And I also don't want to drive 100 miles to a singles-only tourney.

I'll probably be in SJ for Fanime. I don't have a room or anything though, I'm just gonna go whenever other people are just to hang out. So if someone going and my presence is not repugnant to them, they should make me aware of Fanime happenings.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
lol im gonna be at fanime too, if no one's getting a room though I'll probly just go for the one day.

Also for the next biweekly we can't have ppl coming in at 12:xx and saying "well nick said I can sign up by 12:30" cuz that's dumb, signups end at 12:00 and if you don't make it, sucks. It's not 8 in the morning or anything its 12, so get your *** up haha

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah what BTZO said. In my rules post I said signups END at 12, but people showed up afterwards and wanted to get in anyway. Initially I said no but one of the people showed me a printout of the threads first post which said signups start at 12.

Nick in the future can you edit the first post to include the rules and signup deadlines that the TO's post? It will help us to run everything better.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i asked about fanime a while back also and got no response and now two people responded to Vans asking the same question... my point being... are there really that few people going??

Top Bottom