• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB1, Official last Gigabits for melee!!!!! March 9th, confirmed!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm back in FL... I may pop my head in at this one.

but brawl is out that day...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok, nvm, now my managers are being gay again and are UNSURE if they can let me have sunday off. they are basically playing with my emotions. so just stick with renth i guess. if i find out i can actually make it, i guess i'll just suffer and watch my partner **** with someone else while i team with mooney or something...peace

-hiro

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
I might make it or I might not...going to Megacon this Saturday but I'll see if I can make it to git around 4 pm.

-later

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sorry....and not so sorry....to say I can't make this one.

Gonna be on a road trip with my dad at the time, so yeah...have fun.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Sorry....and not so sorry....to say I can't make this one.

Gonna be on a road trip with my dad at the time, so yeah...have fun.
see you in brawl

Ninjabox is winning this time

see how much better we did with a few grab rests?

now

x10000000

Oh and I'm going to have to win even though im gonna hold melee tournies at a new venue later on...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
So my understanding is that this tournament will be strictly melee, and the tournament at OTRU's house will be brawl.

[confidence]

Brawl 2v2 or 1v1 MM's anyone?

[/overconfidence]

Zoro

Smash Champion
I'm going to play you at this gigs, don't worry about that.

DF, Hozart, and Tipman need to be here.
mooooney
20 $ MM me too
i dont have any money to enter gigs lol

that sounds mean im just messin
but i wouldnt mind a 5 $ mm

Raistlin

Smash Lord
**** school.

It needs to be Saturday night already. I wanna get my Brawl on at Gamestop.

Iniquity

Smash Rookie
**Edited**
I got the unedited message in my email:

---Quote (Originally by Iniquity)---
If you can't get it done on campus, try calling gigabits and seeing if they'll help. I've been to the hardknocks place before and I wouldn't really feel motivated to go there again. Sure its larger but the people there kind of irk me, and their tournaments aren't run by any competent staff whatsoever.

Finding a place on campus is very difficult if you're looking to the student union. The UCF LAN guys back in the day would have to get the pegasus ballroom reserved over a year in advance.
---End Quote---
Strange comment there, especially considering I am in charge of most of the Tournaments that have gone through Hard Knocks Orlando. If you could name the ones that we have botched in the past, I'd be happy to fix anything that we did wrong.

On the other hand,to anyone who is possibly looking to host a major LAN Brawl tournament in the future, you should defiantly come down and check out our place and meet with the owner. 4000 square feet of LAN center, and 26k sq feet of combat arena will surely set the mood right for Brawl.

The COD4 tournament was a joke ;\
I only came to that event. I heard some of the combat events such as the zombie one in October was pretty bleh. As for COD4, deathmatch isn't really a tournament-worthy thing. 5v5 S&D would be kickass! Unfortunately, its very, VERY easy to screenjack the other person's team since the computer groups of 5 can be seen from atleast 2-3 members of the opposing teams. Any serious team wouldn't allow that potential to cheat.

Not trying to bring you down m8. If you guys do host another LAN event or another PC tournament, I will still show up and chill out at least. I like watching the movies you guys show. <3

A lot of the smashers here have pretty much come to a consensus that Gigs is pretty much the smash mecca for most Florida events. When I go there, I know there will be a guaranteed turnout with some very good staff that have been running these things for ages. I don't care for the square footage issue, they make due with the size fairly well. I'm still going to play friendlies tough, you can't stop us from our friendlies...

YOU HEAR ME CECIL?!

j/k just breaking yer bawls son.

Top Bottom