• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB1, Official last Gigabits for melee!!!!! March 9th, confirmed!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Gigabits!

I am really sorry about all the confusion with this tourney, it turns out that Gigabits is willing to host this at their lan center, so its def going down! sorry for being undecisive about this, but now its definite. Last melee tourney in Central Florida!!!!!

tru

Where:
Gigabits LAN Center
12243 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL, 32817

Across The Street from UCF in the plaza with McDonalds and the El Cerro Mexican Restaurant. The plaza is called University Shoppes.

Gigabits is in the middle of the plaza next to Miss Saigon Vietnamese and Anmol Indian Cuisine.

Directions:

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.

Go straight down university heading for UCF. Gigabits is in the plaza on the left side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Alafaya Trail. (Across the Street from UCF).

Coming off 408 (toll road)

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and take the next right then again the next immediate right and you will be in Gigabits' Plaza.

When: March 1st or 9th (awaiting confirmation).

Schedule: 10:00 - 11:00 = Doubles Registration
......................11:00 - ??:?? = Doubles Tournament
......................Singles pools will start after a half hour to an hour lunch break after the Doubles Tournament finishes.
......................The first round of singles will begin after all pools have been completed.
......................Crews/Friendlies after Singles(?)

Pot:50/15/5 for both tournaments. The rest goes to gigabits.

Singles - $15, Doubles - $20 per team

Food: A lot of restaurants in the plaza (domino's, mcdonalds and others)

Contact: If you have any questions, you can PM skrach8, sheermadness or I, or hit one of us up on AIM:
OTRU: otrusick or livinitup 04 09 (i use the latter more)

my phone # is 321 279 8582

RULES:

Both Rules:

* 4 Stock
* Double Elimination
* 8 Min Time Limit
* Matches are best 2 out of 3 until finals(3 out of 5)
* Items are OFF
* The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
We will be really strict about time and will def enforce this.

POOLS rules:

We will only have pools for singles if enough people show up and it will only be 2 matches per set, no counterpicks, if an opponent desires to change character it will have to be done by blind picking, blind picking can also be called at the beginning of the set, if you have a better suggestion lemme know. Levels used in pools will be: Final Destination, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story and Pokemon Stadium. If Cecil decides there isnt enough people then it will be a double elimination bracket, with best out of 3 sets.

Teams Rules

* Mute city and FOD banned due to lag
* Life-stealing allowed
* TEAM ATTACK IS ON

Singles Rules (brackets):

* Stage Knockout: Each person knocks out one non-random stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match.

*** Pools for singles is gonna be done for elimination and seeding purposes, after pools we will make a 32 man bracket.

Singles Random Stages (brackets)

* Final Destination
* Fountain of Dreams
* Pokemon Stadium
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's story
* Dreamland 64

Doubles Random Stages

* Final Destination
* Pokemon Stadium
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's story
* Dreamland 64
* Kongo Jungle 64

Counterpicks

* Corneria
* Mute City
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Pokefloats
* Kongo Jungle 64
* Brinstar
* Jungle Japes

Banned Stages

* Icicle Mountain
* Great Bay
* Flat Zone
* Hyrule
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Brinstar Depths
* Fourside
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Pipes
* Onett (only for singles)
* Yoshi 64
* Kongo Jungle
* Venom
* Peach's Castle
* Onett

Please confirm your attendance.

Out of staters, if you need help or info just contact me.

Confirmed Attendants: (+ 15 or more peepz who dont post much on the boards but always show up at gigabits tourneys)
1. Skrach
2. SheerMadness
3. Otru
4. ColBol
5. Dop
6. XYZ
7. QDVS
8. Hiroshi
9. Zoro
10. Bane
11. Angry Lobster
12. Dguy
13. Mankosuki
14. Rx
15. Hungrybox
16. Linguini
17. Uuaa
19. Pasqual
20. Fabulous
21. W.jr
22. Proteus
23. Vericz
24. Exarch
25. Derf
26. Fenrir
27. Doodah
28. Bladeofapollo
29. Lambchops
30. Elliot

truuuuuuuuuu

skrach8

Smash Lord
1st post for the e-muthafvkin win

just keep it real and come guys this is gonna be huge

noob test combo video to come...

truuuu

SheerMadness

Smash Master
WERE CALLING OUT EVERY PLAYER WHO HAS BEEN A PART OF THE FLORIDA MELEE SCENE OVER THE YEARS. EVEN THE RETIRED PLAYERS LIKE:

Dark Falchion
Hozart
Tipman
Maverick
Flowin

WE DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE RETIRED OR DON'T PLAY ANYMORE. THIS IS THE LAST MAJOR FLORIDA MELEE TOURNEY AND EVERYONE BETTER BE HERE.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
truuuuuu, lets see whats good. lately me and the fam have been going on vacation during summer and winter. but, if we stay in florida this winter , then im most def going. PUT ME ON THAT LIST!!!...peace

EDIT: and why arent you mentioning shiz, sheer? he should definitely come out of his retirement to go to this.

-hiroshi

OTRU...

Smash Champion
sounds like a good idea, but we will be constrained by time due to the fact that i can only rent the room for certain amount of hours, so if there's enough time it will def go down.

and yeah the legendary hozart shall go to this i already talked to him

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Man, it'd be awesome if we had lots of Atlantic South come to this, and the last Melee tournament turns out to be Florida's biggest ever.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
True. you can count me in.. I can probably house 1 or 2 people depending if they dont mind sleeping next to each other on a queen sized air mattress.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Oh baby expect to see Noob Testament in full force. Do you want to see the disgusting roster? Do you?

Col-Bol: not much to be said, except one thing, he camps... so watch out. Sick FOX. Shine
Otru: one of the strangest little foxes you know, ownage! tru.
SheerMadness: Pika and Falco. Cmon who sports that mix?
Hardcore Bo!: Michelangelo had the Sistine Chapel, Bo! has LINK son, another fine piece of art.
Dop: Makes peach look like she has auto combos. Zero to death on marth. Peach doesnt do that.
TBP: Its no coincidence that you're getting owned by his Ness, so if ur sheik or marth dont be discouraged.
RIP: Its a fact that you're going to get rested. Restin' like a tru P-I-M-P.
Diego: Vintage. A crowd favorite, and a classic. Can u detest? I think not he'll woop you.
XYZ: Jammin on the 1.. Listen to that..u hear it. "Falcons knee isn't supposed to work that way. SPIKE SON"
Skrach: Me, myself and I.
Law: WOW. ehhh. u disgust me beyond belief. Its no wonder u have a sick falco. U have no remorse.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I call A-L for teams.

exarch, mind adding this to the FL thread? I'm posting from my Wii.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
lol i love the roster loutru...
this is gonna be FL's biggest tourney.
Everyone has enough time to prepare and get that day off.
so make the plans happen.
Last SSBM tourney... TRUUUUUUUUU

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Don't start asking off for work yet, people. We need to make sure we can get the venue we want 1st.

skrach8

Smash Lord
good job ry ry. yeah people just make sure u tell ur bosses and **** u need time off around that time. like and advanced warning kinda thing.

tru

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Can we like ban Rx- from going his main? It'd just be unfair...I mean... He's never lost before!

Let eye johns be eye johns

Zoro

Smash Champion
WTF why wouldnt you
you dont even work sat anymore do you?

Dont tell me you gotta check your schedule with natania for the LAST SSBM TOURNEY WTF

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
because Jigglypuff will hopefully not be in brawl... god willing.l

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there, fo' sho'. Probably count in Fabulous and Major^4, too.

For low tiers, if it runs overthe rental time we could just go to gigs or something? Dunno how you'd organize the payment to gigs for that though.

<tru> truuuu. </tru>

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
hey now will, jigglypuff isn't gay, but i will say that most people who play her play her in a stupid campy untechnical gay manner.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Oh, ****. Screw my low tier idea.

We should do an actual crew battle tournament.

The final, end-all be-all crew battle for Florida melee. (It'd be awesome if like every Florida crew showed up and entered.)

Top Bottom