• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB1, Official last Gigabits for melee!!!!! March 9th, confirmed!

Linguini

Smash Master
I have a bad feeling that this tourney is not gonna happen unless you guys find a specific venue and start the hype cuz if i was hosting it I would try to get as many oos to come here as possible.

Renth

Smash Hero
instead of people complaining, with the consent of the people who originally had this idea. Should just take over the responsibilities and get it going. If not ... oh well :(

Edit: provided they aren't still planning on doing this.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Go ahead and make a new thread for the iNet tourney so I can link to it in the FL thread.

Iniquity

Smash Rookie
the student union is the only place we've checked, there are plenty of other places at ucf where we can hold this, it's def going down

hardknocks could be an alternative if we cant find a place on campus

If you can't get it done on campus, try calling gigabits and seeing if they'll help. I've been to the hardknocks place before and I wouldn't really feel motivated to go there again. Sure its larger but the people there kind of irk me, and their tournaments aren't run by any competent staff whatsoever.

Finding a place on campus is very difficult if you're looking to the student union. The UCF LAN guys back in the day would have to get the pegasus ballroom reserved over a year in advance.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the call Iniquity,

I can talk to my boss about this if you guys want. I think he wouldn't have a problem having you guys host your own tournaments here at gigs. Now if you guys can get some legitimate crew battles going on!

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice

I just talked with him.

He says heck yeah! Just give him a date and time and we can work things out. Give an email to info@gigabitslan.com and we can work it out and let you guys have a tournament. It isn't 100% yet but most signs point to yes in regards to returning smashfest nights. Now those who are new to the Gigabits scene, smashfest was something we had for a while where people could play smash for free on Wednesday nights. If they're on Wednesday nights, then you guys will absolutely love us, because we also give out free pizza on those nights as well! So fire him an e-mail about this thing, his name is Manny. We'll be more than happy to let you guys do a tournament of your own here, and you can even use our bracketing software as well.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hell yeah Cecil!!! well we have 2 more weeks if we still wanna do it... soo lets hype this up!!!

March 8th would be perfect if you're ok with that, so just let us know

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
hell yeah Cecil!!! well we have 2 more weeks if we still wanna do it... soo lets hype this up!!!

March 8th would be perfect if you're ok with that, so just let us know

Have a talk with Manny at Info@gigabitslan.com with the time and date. Chances are we won't be able to swap out computer stations for TVs. You could still have TV's on tables in which customers aren't using though! Give him an e-mail, I told him to expect one from you. Maybe we can contribute something to the prizes as well, who knows!

Laijin

Smash Hero
March 8th? Thats a horrid date.
Did'nt you guys originally have this tournament on March 1st(Which is a much better sate :\).

Why not just have it on March 9th instead? The day brawl comes out right? It'll work out better IMO.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
well it depends on everyone, people should post to vote on the day, i suggested the 8th just so that gigabits doesnt have to hold 2 tourneys in 2 weekends on a row, since the next gigs is on feb 23rd

im gonna ask qdvs to make a poll for this thread

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

We have a Counter-Strike 1.6 tournament scheduled on March 8th that I cannot move.

The 9th and the 1st/2nd are open though.

Top Bottom