• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB 1- Feb. 20, 2010 - HBOX, COLBOL, RockCrock, Shiz, Kspdn and other PRO SMASHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrach8

Smash Lord
TAMPA.... like frames said u guys dooo SUCK THE BIG ONE.... THE REALLY BIG ONE!

But for the sake of everything ill have to push it back.

Here is my gripe with you guys right now.....because im pushing my tourny back, which was posted first, i have to suffer the, what i like to call, poor smasher syndrome.

People are gunna spend money traveling to your tournament, only to spend more money to come to mine the following week..... AINT HAPPENING..... SO THANK YOU FOR THAT.

So ill have to push it back probably two weeks sometime in march.

BUT THANKS FOR THE COURTESY.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
As far as a merger, Im down with that but we just have to make sure that if we merge it that it will be at least double the original size. I was expecting 50-70 total for Tampa. If we can try to get a total of 125-140 then a merger would be the best thing!
HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL

*cough*

50-70 people driving to tampa

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well ill be here whenever it happens unless i literally just straight up cant go it basically if i cant show i will have a completely legit john

also if anyone needs housing for VSA tampa i got you guys

Linguini

Smash Master
nahhh **** that man, louis change that **** back i aint going to no tampa tournament with 5 ppl, this wouldve been a fireeee bday weekend

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that us in Gainesville would still be interested if you changed the date, unless the date falls unfavorably for some people on our spring break.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
nahhh **** that man, louis change that **** back i aint going to no tampa tournament with 5 ppl, this wouldve been a fireeee bday weekend
Agreed. Instead of pushing NOOB1 back to March, just keep the same date for the 20th. Then host NOOB2 in March. Win - Win.

Also, Trilobyte is in the same area as the old X-treme play location, which if you guys remember had a solid 30+ attendance every month of pure scrubs. If you put in a little extra effort and maybe put up fliers or something around the game places at West Oaks mall and maybe the Winter Garden village, you could probably get a lot of people to increase the pot size.

skrach8

Smash Lord
id probably rename it... but it plays into Noob Testament..... though we dont really exist anymore but whatever. It has a nice ring..... kinda like skrach jk jk jk, but not really.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Haha, I was just kidding. I'm a fan of revitalization through any means myself, it was just an amusing observation.

Regardless, I'm here, whenever it happens. Count on it

Crom

Smash Journeyman
id probably rename it... but it plays into Noob Testament..... though we dont really exist anymore but whatever. It has a nice ring..... kinda like skrach jk jk jk, but not really.
Aw man, no comment on possibly keeping the date or not? You don't want to let Tampa ruin Linguini's bday weekend do you? :grin:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Dodgeball is so 7th grade. Its about that pso. Or basketball i will money match anyone in a free throw shoot out. Im 90% from the line! Oh and i may come. Hopefuly

skrach8

Smash Lord
ok im debating on holding the tournament anyway... IF i make the tournament FEB 20 i wanna make a list and weigh everything out.

People who will go on the said date please post ur attendance.... and a percentage of how sure u are would be helpful....

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I'd go to this if its on either date. noob testament is too good.

Also, I want a MM with ya at this, Louis :D

Zone

Smash Champion
Can I get Housing Hbox? Even though I think this is technically a good 30 min+ closer to me than your house.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Me and Reno will be there, 100%. Already have the day off from work and everything

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Can I get Housing Hbox? Even though I think this is technically a good 30 min+ closer to me than your house.
I thought you lived in hella North Florida. This tournament is probably gonna be about 30 min from Hbox's house.

Zone

Smash Champion
I thought you lived in hella North Florida. This tournament is probably gonna be about 30 min from Hbox's house.
I do, I Just said Hbox's house is 30 mins past the tournament. lol meaning i'll drive an extra half hour pass the venue to sleep then drive 30 mins back. probably back and forth one more time.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
hopefully not i would like to go to this AND VSA tampa

but if it gets held on the 20th then im not goin
If this got "rescheduled" it wouldn't be until March, which is when they could hold NOOB2 anyway (So in effect, it would just be getting canceled.) Might as well just keep the current date on the 20th and hold another tournament next month. Win-Win. VSA will be mostly brawl anyway, who wants to drive out for a melee tournament that doesn't start until 5pm?

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
OH MY GAWD

A tourney near West Oaks Mall, the place I can literally run to from my house?
Dream venue spot.

OFFICIALLY THERE
~Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom