• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns Monthlies - 1/15/2011 - Nanuet NY

LLDL

Smash Hero
Singles

1: Jman ($234.00)
2: VaNz ($117.00)
3: Vwins ($39.00)
4: Eggm
5: Teczero
5: Kage
7: Cactuar
7: DJ Nintendo
9: SwiftBass
9: Hax
9: R3N0
9: Sol
13: StriCNYN3
13: Javier
13: HBK
13: mike$
17: crismas
17: Chain-Ace
17: grillz
17: noodles
17: trademark
17: Nintendude
17: Nando
17: Slox
25: aber
25: Smelly Cat
25: UltimaScout
25: Bolt
25: pest
25: PC Jona
25: T.Webb
25: Deathknight
33: Shoopman
33: pklx
33: pyn
33: Rykard
33: haru
33: ktc
33: NjzFinest
33: cam
49: purpled

Doubles

1: Kage + Vwins
2: DJ Nintendo + G$
3: VaNz + Teczero
4: R3N0 + Jman
5: Alukard + HBK
5: Eggm + Cactuar
7: Nando + Hax
7: Swift + Nintendude
9: javi + ktc
9: pklx + pest
9: twebb + sol
9: copycat + ultimascout
13: bolt + aber
13: crismas + oorah

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
edit: I don't know how I got 33rd. PC Jona placed higher by winning 0 sets. Shoopman tied with me by winning 0 sets.

Shoutouts:

2: VaNz- more ylink
4: Eggm- DK is low tier, idunno what you've been smokin
5: Kage- make PKMvodka travel
7: Cactuar- those team friendlies were gay
7: DJ Nintendo- Fox is gay, but I was off. Pretty sure I can do a lot better. GGs anyways.
9: Sol- gg, I'll go all DK next time.
17: Chain-Ace- we played once lol. But it was fun, I love comboing spacies on FD to death ^^. Gotta play again soon
17: trademark- GGs, tight Peach vs DK matches
17: Nintendude- GGs, also ty for the IC knowledge
17: Nando- ggs, fun friendlies
25: Smelly Cat- Yo, let's play SOON and practice up
25: UltimaScout- GGs, loving those friendlies. DK up b is broke xD
25: PC Jona- I think I played you. Fun friendlies mang. DK is mad good!!!
25: Deathknight- Don't camp in friendlies
33: Shoopman- my n!g
33: Rykard- GGs! Falco is hella gay.

I played other ppl but dunno who they were, ggs all

Alukard

Smash Hero
the person got further then him in losers ... obviously its possible now stop *****ing

S l o X

Smash Champion
1: Jman ($234.00) - lol i play you every tournament, don't expect a free win next time.
2: VaNz ($117.00) - didnt ask to play you. EVE / LUX tags <3
5: Teczero - we WILL play next time, even if it costs me an awkward approach.
5: Kage - :o you're so good with ganon.
7: Cactuar - you have so much fun while playing. <3
7: DJ Nintendo - so entertaining. i want friendlies next time so i can get punished hard for my stupid mistakes.
9: SwiftBass - don't let one loss get you down. get anthony home ASAP :D
9: Hax - so entertaining.
17: crismas - FRIENDLIESSSSS.
17: Chain-Ace - lol falco dittos. seriously, i can't play while standing up, it was a terrible idea. :/ my falco isn't that bad.
17: trademark
17: Nintendude - I'm catching on to ICs. I need to keep in mind: don't nair into a grab four stocks in a row.
17: Slox - how'd you even place this far? nah your better than people who've been playing for like 11 years, you IIGHT.
25: aber - :D
25: Smelly Cat - sad we didn't do friendlies because i was salty about losing to a marth at the last no johns. (WHO DOES THAT?)
25: UltimaScout - how so low?
25: Bolt - TURN OFF PAUSE. My marth is of the love.
25: PC Jona - lmao ***** you suck we didnt even play i wanted to **** your falcon / falco. how you loss to a marth? they all suck :/
25: T.Webb - lmao you suck too i was sandbagging mad hard 1$ mm next time. :awesome:
33: NjzFinest - if you were the DK, HOW SO LOW? i saw you ****** *****s in friendlies lmao.
33: Cam - definitely got better, keep practicing tho. marth is hard to play but it pays off after you realize he's better than 99% of the cast and he beats fox.
49: purpled - i used to place here all the time ):

btw jona mike$ isn't the same person as $mike.
mike$ is from ct and mains fox
$mike is from who cares and mains falcon.

otg

Smash Master
Good **** to Sol and Slox and all my other *****s.

Nando you Fake, Strc you're real, HBK you're hilarious. Good **** to Jesus and Vanz for top 2. Sad to see Alu not entering singles, also sad that I couldn't come, I really really wanted to.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
GG's everyone. Ill do shout outs when I stop being lazy.
.....Yo wasn't there supposed to be some type of crew battle at this or is it gonna be at some other tourny comin up?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I barely had any friendlies this tournament but it was fun nonetheless. Good games to everyone.

G Plata: Thanks for holding it down with the kid in teams. High Blood Pre-Hah!!
Jesus: Good **** on winning my *****! Keep it up and stay safe.
Nandito: Gorgeous *****s are gonna get beautified of all existence next time. I don't have anymore bullets so I'm gonna have to use HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
Brian: Sexy as always. Thats whats up you're feeling better :)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sweet! Thanks for the thread Chain-Ace!

Shouties:

Oorah: let's team again sometime :3 just gotta work on the aggressor thing like we talked about cause I'm an aggro ***** XD

Haley: you're gay.

Jaden: good stufffffffffffffffffffffff, ****.

Slox: like ya, most def. have friendlies next time :) I was really stiff during our set -_-

Kage: friendlies next time?

Stric9: falcoooooooooooo >_> I'm so *** at that MU. Thanks for the friendlies anyway after our set :) more friendlies next time?

Ultima Scout: good team matches :D

Nintendude: good seeing you again.

DJ: Rapeachu... lol!

G: DIP!

Reno: <3

I totally wanted to get in more friendlies, but my eyes were absolutely burning the whole tournament from lack of sleep though (-__-). So I'm either bringing visine next time or sleeping more. This turnout was so great though, I hope there's more like this in the future.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
All of you should go to Hall of Gaming.
Its gonna be huge and right in the center of CT

Good stuff on your turnout here Alu.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Good **** to Sol and Slox and all my other *****s.

Nando you Fake, Strc you're real, HBK you're hilarious. Good **** to Jesus and Vanz for top 2. Sad to see Alu not entering singles, also sad that I couldn't come, I really really wanted to.
i was actually talking to reno vanz jman and hax on my ride back home ... and pretty much i basically quit melee since i started hosting ... i never get to relax at a tourney ... i never get to play more then like 3 friendlies ... if i enter i better be playing well cuz i wont have warmups ... lmao its a waste of my time and all of yours if i enter singles and just make things slower ... also me playing at my best is always fourth place with tec0

kinda sad but true =[

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
4: Eggm - i'd really like to play more friendlies next time, tight fox.
7: Cactuar - thanks for the friendlies, learned a lot
9: SwiftBass - teach me how to beat falcos with marth!!!
13: StriCNYN3 - what the **** how do you get more technical every time i see you. still one of the funnest people to play though, you're like a ridiculous megaman boss
13: HBK - why do you hold the analog like an arcade stick. this aint street fighter
17: Chain-Ace - yoooo i'm never going jigs again xD
17: Nintendude - $1 '64 MM next time
17: Nando - didn't get to play your CF in friendlies D=
17: Slox - lol it's ok i suck
25: Smelly Cat - tied with ultimascout???
25: UltimaScout - tied with smelly cat???
25: Bolt - sorry about singles, i'm a tool >.<
25: T.Webb - don't think we got to play this time, sounds like your fox is becoming SRS BSNESUSIS
33: Rykard - falcoooooo
33: NjzFinest - i'm tight that we played like 1 match
49: purpled - just go jigglypuff and bair camp

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Alukard - Thanks for the tournament, it was great! Also nice teams match, felt the pressure a lot. haha. =)

G$ - Our teams set was sick, pretty damn close. A 3-0 first set is super dangerous.. very memorable team set. =)

1: Jman - We haven't played but good stuff.. you are amazing. =)

2: VaNz - I really wanted to play you in tournament but Tec0 stopped me this time, oh well perhaps next time.

3: Vwins - Go to hell in 1v1. But yay for teams win =D

5: Teczero - Nice stuff bringing it back twice, when you do what it's needed then it's easy right? =) What I realized is that, if you are able to capitalize on a mistake then you will win and that's what you did. In a match, there's kinda like this illusion that you fail more it seems but in reality there's plenty of other things that happen. Everyone will fail something at some point and that's how you land hits frustrating or not.. And this is why I realized that win or lose, it doesn't matter.. *props*

7: Cactuar - Next time we need to play for sure.

7: DJ Nintendo - Idk where that Pikachu comes from but it was amazing. Your samus is pretty legit as well.. I'm surprised overall, you seem to have gotten way better.

9: Hax - What can I say really.. our sets were too epic, I don't understand how a set can be that epic, must do it again next time! =D

9: R3N0 - Salt just keeps on piling isn't it? Maybe you need to turn the hourglass around and salt will go away. j/k GG =) Also, gg in SSF4 I like your Abel.

13: HBK - GG in teams, I'm not sure what else to say.

17: crismas - Ya we will definitely friendly next time, there weren't many TVs for many friendlies but ya... I don't come down often so must make the best of it. That's the only thing that is somewhat bothersome.

17: Nintendude - After our match, I must wonder what the ICs board think of the Ganon matchup lol.

25: UltimaScout - Next tournament, we must play multiple games! =)

25: pest - Fail.

25: PC Jona - I saw you play a bunch of times, I think you need more accuracy.. if you land those shots then man you'll get much better leads.

Rykard

Smash Ace
7: Cactuar - You demolished me in friendlies lol. I hope we get some matches next tournament i go to so i can see if i'm getting better
9: Sol - I wish we got to play but you probably would have wrecked me. Good job though I know you can do even better. murt
13: StriCNYN3 - I have no words for how badly you always beat my falco. I have a lot of work to do
17: crismas - wish we got to play cause i saw your peach doing work in the matches i saw of you
17: Chain-Ace - Good friendlies. Next time we can 2 on 1 stric if he keeps betting us
17: noodles - nice to see you again after like 2 years lol. Glad to see you are playing melee and you have a sweet fox
17: Nintendude - we have some training to do back at school this semester. We gotta make the whole club step their game up
17: Nando - I think we played like 2 games the entire tournament? your falcon is really creative though so keep at it
17: Slox - i finally know who you are so next time we have to play lol
25: Smelly Cat - i loved the friendlies we got to play. playing your marth definitely helped me learn the matchup better. you should have beat Eggm :p
25: pest - i wish i played better in my set with you but thats just how it goes. I expect some maches with you next time you come down here
25: T.Webb - we are going to be the new number 1 & 2 in new york some day so we have to step it up
33: Rykard - glad to see you have a main now lol
33: NjzFinest - Nice to see someone maining the Kong. we have to play more matches next time

Anyways, this was a huge wake up tournament for me so thanks a lot Alukard for running it as usual. I know what i need to work on now and will hopefully be more prepared next time instead of thinking i just just play random characters and win with them.

LLDL

Smash Hero
1: Jman - good stuff winning, nice marth
4: Eggm - Thanks for driving, be more patient, you only had to camp a little longer
5: Kage - Didn't get to play, next time man
7: Cactuar - Thanks for the car ride and funny stuff lol
7: DJ Nintendo - Good **** in teams, u and darkrain are going to poop on people at pound 5.
9: SwiftBass - Good games, i will practice marth and I WILL beat u next time :)
13: StriCNYN3 - Where ma 20
17: Chain-Ace
17: Nintendude - didn't get to play, next time
17: Nando- close games, ill **** u next time
17: Slox - yeah im sure ur falco is much better sitting down lol
25: Smelly Cat - ahh why did u go jiggs lol. You probably wouldve won if u stayed, my confidence was down after game 2.
25: UltimaScout - LOOOOOL falco
25: Bolt - nice falco dittos man, keep it up
25: PC Jona - That friendly fox vs we played.. don't think ur better son lol. idk if u noticed but the tv you guys were playing on was lagging by half a second LOL. lol ggs tho.
25: T.Webb - good **** recording
25: Deathknight- didn't play but soon
33: Shoopman - Ur getting a lot better. ***in stric up
33: Rykard - NICE friendlies
33: NjzFinest - ggs. The tv we were playing on was lagging slightly, so i left, didn't want my skill to be judged like that lol. ill see u at zenith, we'll get a lot of friendlies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
okay

I didn't even notice it until Shoopman told me. He's been at numerous NoJohns and I never seen it in my tourneys, w/e
33: NjzFinest - if you were the DK, HOW SO LOW? i saw you ****** *****s in friendlies lmao.
Next time mang... next time :(

Maybe next time I'll get lucky enough to have 2 free byes...

bolt.

Smash Ace
1: Jman - You did it!
2: VaNz - 60-30-10 split... lol
3: Vwins - your peach is so awesome
4: Eggm - I'm happy I got to say hello again. It was good to see you!
5: Teczero - Good job in the mm! Next time I'll do much better though.
5: Kage - your friendlies with hax were amazing!
7: Cactuar - Thanks for the advice! I had a lot of fun getting mind****ed by you in friendlies.
7: DJ Nintendo - YOOOOOOOO
9: SwiftBass - Good job swift. Good job representing ct not only here but at every tourny you go to.
9: Hax - Your friendlies with kage were amazing!
9: R3N0 - You beat Noodles. =(
9: Sol - Yooooooooo good job!
13: StriCNYN3 - Your falco is way too good! And don'y worry I'll grab more and shine oos more. =D
13: Javier - YOOOOOOOOOOO
13: HBK - HI!
13: mike$ - I'm pretty sure you never stopped playing this game. You're so good. =D
17: crismas - Aber vs you was wack. Aber will do better next time for sure.
17: Chain-Ace - Oh man your cube was so much fun to play on! You played so well in dittos! ggs
17: grillz - YooOOOoooOOO
17: noodles - I thought you won................ awww man. POKE FLOATSSSZSS!!!
17: trademark - GGs today!
17: Nintendude - Good job against Cam! He was impressed. lol.
17: Nando - CAPTAIN FALCON!!!
17: Slox - You are so ****ing good. SMASH PRODIGY!!!!
25: aber - Durham CT smash crew <3
25: Smelly Cat - Good games! I really enjoyed our set. It was a real learning experience for me.
25: UltimaScout - YooooooooOOOOoooo
25: Bolt - I won my first tourny set! YAY!
25: pest - YoooooOOOoo
25: PC Jona - We didn't get to mm =(
25: T.Webb - GGs in friendlies
25: Deathknight - Good job against Cam. Jiggs ftw!
33: Shoopman - YoooooOOOOoo
33: pklx - YooooOOooooOOo
33: pyn - Good set Garuti! And good job in the 8 hours of friendlies we played the next day. =D Durham smash <3
33: Rykard - YooOOoooOOo
33: haru - YooOOOoooOOo
33: ktc- YooooOOOOOOooo
33: NjzFinest - YoOOOOOOO dkdkdkdkdkdk
33: cam - <3 you won a set at your first tourny entrance <3 DURHAM CT SMASH FTW!
49: purpled - GGs vs cam!

Durham Smash - <3 We will be there soon enough!
Alukard - thank you for running this! You did a great job!

<333333333 smash

Oh and this
Okay so a wii that I brought got switched with someone elses wii. The wii I brought is just a plain wii with nothing but the basics on it. So If your wii normally has a internet and some other random features and you ended up with a plain wii please tell me so I can make the switch asap! I'm also missing a wii mote. =(

Shoutouts will come later.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
17: crismas - Ya we will definitely friendly next time, there weren't many TVs for many friendlies but ya... I don't come down often so must make the best of it. That's the only thing that is somewhat bothersome.
Yeah, that was also the other problem (not enough friendly TVs)... my eyes were on fire anyway the whole time >_< maybe at Pound 5 during late nights when there's more time?

17: crismas - wish we got to play cause i saw your peach doing work in the matches i saw of you
Next time we'll do friendlies! :)

@Bolt... ya... =/ it was kinda wack =(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
1: Jman ($234.00) - Nice stuff getting first, one day my fox won't suck at everything and maybe play you.

2: VaNz ($117.00) - Good stuff getting 2nd, sorry bout doubles I just well.. yea iunno I suck sometimes *shrugs*. Haha I was kinda surprised I beat your peach with my marth xD. The rest I was like eh, expected *shrugs*

3: Vwins ($39.00) - Sooooo close to beating Jesus xD. Good stuff you're so good I don't even know man. And I'll remember your advice to not SD, sounds like such good advice.

4: Eggm - Good game eggmaster, I played uhh pretty bad so I feel like you just pushed buttons and ***** me without trying lol. I'll give you a better match next time.

5: Teczero - God you're bad at this game.

5: Kage - Good matches Kage xD. Fun games overall, lol sorry bout my post last time. Our match was really close and I think I just had a little edge over you at the last minute. Definitely could have went either way. Hope we can play again =3

7: Cactuar - Honestly lol, I don't think I should have won against you at all. I feel you're still the better player, but it happens sometimes man. Had tons of fun in friendlies man, hope to play you more <3

9: Hax - What even, the last time I outplaced you, you were like 11. What is this **** Aziz?

17: crismas - Hey you did really good I hope you decide to enter more Cris. Uhh yea I see you a lot so I'll just tell you in person my shoutout. Mainly cuz I can't think of what to say right now.

17: Chain-Ace - Come over my house, play friendlies and uhh iunno stuff lol. We didn't play we should next time xD.

17: grillz - lol gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, play me more thanks =3

17: noodles - Fun MM lol xD we shoulda played more :(

17: trademark - Maaaaaaaaaaaarth is so dumb sometimes isn't he?

17: Nando - Play me more. How did we not play at all here what even.

17: Slox - We never play. I don't really ever understand this.

25: UltimaScout - We have to play sometime lol. Just.. yea xD

25: Bolt - Fun MM man xD.

25: T.Webb - Dam bro your goal is to beat me? xD I'm uhh flattered. You've definitely improved you can beat me if you keep up the improvement man.

33: NjzFinest - **** Alan for me more thanks

Alu <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 we need to rep red sheik more son.

And well yea, kinda disappointed with my play. Pretty surprised at my placement. And *insert emo here*

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Tec0: I let myself get really upset about the crowd being so loud that I couldn't hear the game and it carried over into me thinking about how upset I was rather than playing the game match 3. BUT, that is all part of the tournament atmosphere. It doesn't take anything away from your win, as you definitely deserved it over me in that moment, and fought to make it happen. You still made a good counter pick decision for game 2 and made a great comeback game 3. Much <3, and we still have to arrange a visit sometime for MASSIVE FRIENDLIES ACTION. :awesome:

@Hax: You need to play better. You shouldn't be losing to my rustyass Marth.

@Nando: Don't forget to practice that thing I told you to practice.

@Eggm: Learn to randomly engage and then defend yourself with the CLACKCLACKCLACK (or other unreasonably difficult strategies that rely on stupidamazing reaction speed and natural talent).

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Cactus - =3 thanks man xD. Oh and yea dude we like HAVE to play one day like for hours.

If we record we should record our marths and have the marth board like fanboy our marths xD.

R3N0

Smash Lord
1. I'm sorry cactus for being a dbag! I was getting carried away @ tournament nonsense

2. GG to everyone i played!

3. I want to smash moar so maybe you guys will see me more often! But I won't be going to pound.

So.. yeaH!

4. also thanks Kage!

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
4: Eggm That Hyperbolic Time Chamber training is kickin in =)

9: SwiftBass Lol funny thing is that I was trying to be less aggressive. Thanks for the Marth tips. I really HATE playing gay/camping a fellow though, but if that's what it takes to beat Marth...=(

13: StriCNYN3 Keep it up

17: crismas Yup we should. :)

17: Chain-Ace Dont worry about it

17: Nando Always fun playing you. Pretty soon its gonna be us ****** these tourneys :)

25: Smelly Cat lol It's that Brawl. :) Right before this tourney I played nothing but that and Mario Kart Wii and got 10x more technical

25: UltimaScout Lol Link's Nairs Are sooooo broken lol. But yea had mad fun playing you too like always. Next time we should team

25: Bolt Fun times playing your Falco man. Im really terrible at giving advice though =/

25: pest GG's man =)

25: PC Jona didn't play you either. lol, I just want to know what you're talking about when you and otg say "Stric10!?...real...*****?!"

25: Deathknight lol nice warm ups we had.

33: Shoopman gg's man. I see you've gotten better =)

Rykard lol sure ill 2 v 1 against u and chain-ace =) GG's man

anyone else that i played in friendlies, GG's ;)

Top Bottom