• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Shippo no one cares about rankings. Thats why no one is gonna play their hardest if money isn't on the line, ugly.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I am mad since no one is comming up with a viable argument against me yet saying I'm wrong.

LOGIC

TKO: On every other system thats the point of a rankings, the top person gets challenges and has to back himself up everytime, that's the sad part of being #1, the challengers have NOTHING to lose.
Provide me with proof of this right now.

Anyone on the rankings has something to lose whenever they enter an event because if they place poorly they've failed to defend their spot or make a case for a higher position.

Again, you're an idiot.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wait a minute

I just say you say something about rich

are you saying you have to Pay for rankings matches

LIKE A ****ING MONEY MATCH!

which is already considered in PR (going of what you said earlier)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
omg its 5 ****ing dollars lmao.

it gives incentive for both players to play hard. not putting up money might either make one player not play hard or that player to reject your chllenge

who wants to play shippo without money on the line anyway? stop trying to torture us.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
**** IT

WHATS THE ****ING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AGREEING MUTUALLY A MATCH FOR RANKING (Obviously something on the line) AND A MM OF 10 OR MORE DOLLARS!?

Both results end up on the rankings as a win for one and a loss for the other.

APPARENTLY from what I hear a rankings MM has to be mutually agreed upon both parties and have a panelist oversee the match.

So random *** MM's can't be used toward ranking APPARENTLY.

If both players agree towards a match with NO MONEY on the line and RANKINGS on the line, than why shouldn't it be allowed, It's NOT A FRIENDLY!

I have MM wins this season, Thundah(Inferno's Brother) and RJ. Both of which were serious matches yet don't count towards ranking since it wasn't agreed upon nor a panelist was there to oversee it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So if the challenger was rich he could keep doing it over and over again, yet that 1 win would STILL show up as a positive. There's a flaw there. I can keep MMing Inui for rankings over and over as long as I have money, yet if I win, my 1 win overshadows my X amount of losses to him.
This is true, and the main reason I don't like mms counting for rankings.

But no one has infinite money like that.

So things should be fine.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Derp, I'm freetarded
Practically nobody cares about their actual rank. I'd say the only players that genuinely give a **** what they're ranked in this state are myself and Inui (and Malcolm caring about avoiding 7th place). Other, lower-ranked/unranked players like Big M, Delta-cod, and NAKAT kind of care as well to get their names out there.

Having ranking on the line is not enough for practically anyone to care. The reason people try in MMs and tournament is because there's profit to be made. lol at "surrious friendlies" having more hype than MMs...

Done arguing this, as it's pretty clear that if this doesn't get through to you, nothing will.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Please ***** its still a friendly

I already explained to you

everyone can't play their hardest when no money is on the line

by your logic there should be tournaments with no entrance Fee and everyone will just want to enter for "Rankings"

you loss..you Mad...possibly Da Maddest.

Notice the use of a period instead of a question mark on you mad because that sentence is fact.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
**** IT

WHATS THE ****ING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AGREEING MUTUALLY A MATCH FOR RANKING (Obviously something on the line) AND A MM OF 10 OR MORE DOLLARS!?

Both results end up on the rankings as a win for one and a loss for the other.

APPARENTLY from what I hear a rankings MM has to be mutually agreed upon both parties and have a panelist oversee the match.

So random *** MM's can't be used toward ranking APPARENTLY.

If both players agree towards a match with NO MONEY on the line and RANKINGS on the line, than why shouldn't it be allowed, It's NOT A FRIENDLY!
Money is supposed to be motivation for a player to win.

But what you're saying is why don't players just "agree" that a match can count for rankings?

Problem with that is since there's no money involved this can just happen forever until both players have a win on each other.

Then again, this brings up the situation that I can mm Inui, beat him, then him mm again right after and beat me. Both players lose almost nothing, but gain something, which I don't like.

Max Ketchum

Anti, I know quite a few Melee players have it, and I think xzax used to have one. I believe it was on sale in Japan temporarily, but was replaced with the white one after the Wii's release. If you wanna look it up on eBay, it's emerald.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i think judge death hit the nail on the head. silly shippo, trying to troll and become a legend! sly devil you!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
***, SELL ME THAT **** DAWGGGG~~

know anyone else?

Anti, I know quite a few Melee players have it, and I think xzax used to have one. I believe it was on sale in Japan temporarily, but was replaced with the white one after the Wii's release. If you wanna look it up on eBay, it's emerald.
Thanks, imma ebay it now.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I have MM wins this season, Thundah(Inferno's Brother) and RJ. Both of which were serious matches yet don't count towards ranking since it wasn't agreed upon nor a panelist was there to oversee it.
are either of these people on the current PR?

and also thats your fault...if you want someone to oversee the match then you need to ask

nobody has a "Money match" sense.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
who wants to play shippo without money on the line anyway? stop trying to torture us.
i had to in crews >__> ...

lol it was fun though!

and @ shippos MM statement, its kinda true.. although if no money was on the line ppl would choke less i can bet you. but, the money is the only way to challenge someone legitlly around here. we arent Japan foo!l (i wish)

Max Ketchum

If you happen to land an extra for a good price, hit me up and I'll pay you $5 more than you paid for it.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wow lol, no results on eBay.

Searched up

"Emerald Gamecube Controller"
"Emerald Gamecube"

*****s probably think its teal.

Max Ketchum

It may be teal, but as far as I know, the official name for the color is emerald.

Indigo, jet, spice, emerald, and I guess white.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Shippo you will never not be a joke...not with you coming in here and then gettin mad because your stupid *** plan just got **** on

Got'em!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
that controlly actually doesnt look that bad...wtf does that screen do tho

tell you if you gettin yo *** whooped or not?

Top Bottom