• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ally might have a contract with Empire Arcadia, and if he's with EA for Smash...then he's defaulted into DA

also, this computer at work with it's P2 processor and 63 MB RAM can't keep up with this thread :(

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ally might have a contract with Empire Arcadia, and if he's with EA for Smash...then he's defaulted into DA

also, this computer at work with it's P2 processor and 63 MB RAM can't keep up with this thread :(
If you want you can buy one of my laptops lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, get at inui still being a grumpy *** old man and yelling at juice members for playing other games.
wtf? where/when did I do this?

I "yell" at people for being n00bs

btw your crew mad booty

I'd love for you to show up to tournaments but that would mean I can't team with your boyfriend anymore lol :(

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
So guys, are we considering any "free" matches for rankings at all, or is it just 5 dollar MM's and up?

A lot of people are poor and don't have money to throw on the line for a MM just for rankings.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So guys, are we considering any "free" matches for rankings at all, or is it just 5 dollar MM's and up?

A lot of people are poor and don't have money to throw on the line for a MM just for rankings.
lol not even gonna say something witty. this is just gay.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace

shippo.....dont worry about the rankings bro. I cant even make it on there and im not that bad so lets just try to get better first and worry about that later. that goes for both of us.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
shippo.....dont worry about the rankings bro. I cant even make it on there and im not that bad so lets just try to get better first and worry about that later. that goes for both of us.
Thats not even it, just in general. We'd be seeing a lot more hype rankings matches if money wasn't on the line everytime. I'd like to see some challenges at tournies.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
challenges at tournies=MM

challenges at tournies without money=friendly

everyone cant play a seriouslies...some people just dont know how to play for real until money is on the line

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Thats not even it, just in general. We'd be seeing a lot more hype rankings matches if money wasn't on the line everytime. I'd like to see some challenges at tournies.
you do know that when money isnt involved and it isnt tourny those are called friendlies right? people dont try in friendlies that much. (unless you realize you never get better when you sandbag but thats another story) if nothing is on the line, like money or your advancement in tourny, then there is no motivation.

and if you win mms then you dont gotta worry about being poor. =]

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
challenges at tournies=MM

challenges at tournies without money=friendly

everyone cant play a seriouslies...some people just dont know how to play for real until money is on the line
exactly. i cant see how its debatable.

Zucco

Smash Master
I beat shadow in lots of friendlies.

I should probably be first on the PR.

Zucco

Smash Master
dude I have so many wins on atomsk in friendlies too! HE DEFINITELY DOESN'T SANDBAG EITHER. nope. never. nuh uh.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Rankings on the line isnt friendly...?

you say "I want to play you for ranking" there...your motivation is your RANK.

I've never seen anyone care much about a MM when it is happening.

Kind of like how in a Japanese tournament, there is nothing on the line besides pride/skill/ranking.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
dude I have so many wins on atomsk in friendlies too! HE DEFINITELY DOESN'T SANDBAG EITHER. nope. never. nuh uh.
that's because you are lucario lol

@ Shippo isn't that partially the reason we compete in tournament, to get your ranking up?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
also on the friendlies topic

I can play seriouslies if pride is on the Line...only reason I dont money match is because they don't make me try any harder then if someone was just **** talking me and then asked for a friendly

but for most people

a MM will get them to try...MM's dont even have to be expensive to get someone to try shippo

nigahz will go hard for a Dolla

Edit:

Wait wait are you implying the Powerrankings list should be changed because PR#4 beat PR#3 in a rankings match?

but PR#4 then placed lower in PR#3 at the tourney??

erick gm14

Smash Ace
we need to train more, cable just ***** me on CPs except brinstar since i ***** him there ;). u play a lot of characters, maybe if u stick to one or two and study MUs you will get on the PRs eventually . he**, i even made the rankings twice.

You're an idiot.
lol xD

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
we need to train more, cable just ***** me on CPs except brinstar since i ***** him there ;). u play a lot of characters, maybe if u stick to one or two and study MUs you will get on the PRs eventually . he**, i even made the rankings twice.

lol xD
that brinstar match was close. lol. Cable did some gamma wave stuff with dk. but you did win.

yeah I like playing a lot of characters cuz I get bored easily. I know matchups pretty well. another thing I learned through my boredom. my problem really is my nerves in tourny. I do choke. it has been a problem ever since like SWR event 3. lol. it still creeps up on me cuz I like to be a perfectionist when I play so if something goes out of my plans (like button input errors) I get a little frazzled. I will try to be ranked one day. thanks for the encouragement! =]

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
And people who play Brawl haven't played an actually game before lol.
I hope I'm not one of the people that comment refers to. If I am then we should MM in MvC2

I played MvC2 for years.
Same here

let's do it!! Im liking dante deadpool trish. if wesker gets in, im taking out dante or deadpool.
Dante>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wesker

It is all clear to me now, the one game that will always be the best, is Harvest Moon.
Sonic Adventure>harvest moon

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
who give a ****?

it was a stupid idea and he got called for it

He was pretty much asking for a full revamp of the whole PR system to some simplistic "I want your spot, Play ME" system

I bet he didn't even think of the consequences of if the challenger lost...what happens to him? he gets to keep his spot and just challenge again untill he wins?

****in stupid...

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
I am mad since no one is comming up with a viable argument against me yet saying I'm wrong.

LOGIC

TKO: On every other system thats the point of a rankings, the top person gets challenges and has to back himself up everytime, that's the sad part of being #1, the challengers have NOTHING to lose.

So if the challenger was rich he could keep doing it over and over again, yet that 1 win would STILL show up as a positive. There's a flaw there. I can keep MMing Inui for rankings over and over as long as I have money, yet if I win, my 1 win overshadows my X amount of losses to him.

Top Bottom