• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
edit: i dont give a **** about your decision lucas. trevor and doom arent panelists until the other panelist vote on it. i say no, you say yes, pierce is undecided. and keitaro and eazy havent said anything. it isnt ur decision to vote off people from the rankings by yourself. just ridiculous.

I am the king!

I'm going to War at the Shore but only for Brawl+ and possibly Street Fighter 4 (big arturo fan). I'm taking a break from competing in Brawl until I get good at it again because I'm disappointed in myself as of now.
Competing will make you better.

Umm so, because I'm missing activity by ONE event, with 2 weeks left in the season, I am to inactive to be a panelist?

Inui, I will honestly just give you a chance to go back, edit your idiotic post which insinuates that not having gone to three tournaments SOMEHOW compromises the ability to analyze results. If you do so, I will not slay you for your sloppy, dragonlike claims! If you refuse, get ready for
IRON DEBATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it. An inactive player shouldn't be making skill judgments and they are bound to be less informed than an active player.

Ay yo Eazy, I'm really happy for you and all and Imma let you finish, but Inui is one of the greatest debaters of all time...OF ALL TIME *shrug*
:laugh:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Even though BIGM is annoying he should be ranked 10. (AND YES ANNOYINGNESS EFFECTS YOUR RANK

Zucco

Smash Master
yeah I know he beat Kai, but beating 1 good player isnt PR material, which is why he should list the people he beat this season.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
he has placed 9th-13th a few times let me see ( this is not saying he is good but just stating facts )

he beat Will and Kai those are the notables and lost to Rookie and Jash I believe and Malcolm . Thats as far as I know unless he pulls other crap off.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
supposedly placings dont count anymore lol. or maybe never did. i sure took them into acount. whatever

i think he lives in fair lawn nj

also pierce will be joining us momentarily

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
BigM also beat Orion. I say we stop grudging the kid and see if he deserves it.

I'm really interested in becoming a better panalist, so I'm going to start actively keeping tournament record logs. Inui keeps pretty good ones, but I think that we should all keep them as panelists.

I rarely check this thread because there's a lot of spam and clutter in here, but Ksizzle was kind enough to bring it to my attention that Inui wants to swap panelists. Ksizzle wants to keep it at three or our current 5. Inui wants to swap the MOB members for Doom and Atomsk. I was previously considered undecided.

First of all, let me say a little something. All the crews deserve representation. That has always been a solid idea of Inui's that I respected greatly. Although Inui is not nearly as corrupt as people say he is, it helps us to reinforce him when he puts himself in good situations. If I asked Eazy to join ZB right now, he'd say, "No, I'm in MOB." Hell, I've asked YES!, and that's the answer I got. That's enough for him, that's enough for me, and that's should be enough for all of you. MOB is a crew, no matter how small or inactive you think it is, and therefore I feel it deserves representation. I need more proof that SWR is independant (as in, doesn't have members in SWR and another crew) before I feel the same way about them. Impact does not have any members currently rankable, and is virtually inactive, as well as the Njz2 crew, or I would say the same about them. If they want to step it up, I would fight for them to get representation on the panel.

Next, I agree that 100% Juice and Enemy Controller are the largest and most active crews in the area. I agree that they are quite possibly deserving of two panelists. MOB and ZB are both deserving of one as well. Before we start pointing fingers about inactivity, I'd like to point out that while I was considered inactive last season, I still frequently played smash (almost every day) and plenty of ranked players found their way to my house to train with me. Just because players are inactive by the definition of ranking qualificatoin doesn't mean they don't keep up with what's going, don't play, and don't keep in touch with the community. That being said, I vote for Eazy to remain and give continued service on the panel. Eazy has always been a valuable anchor who is not afraid to speak his mind, and such a presence is non-relinquishable on the panel. However, I would say it is fair to drop Keitaro. Though Keitaro is quite a skilled presence, his crew is over-represented for it's size with Eazy on the panel. Keitaro, please speak up if you have any response to this motion.

Now, that would leave us at Inui, Ksizzle, Easy, and myself. This represents the four main crews at NJ. Oh, and just another tidbit about MOB: now that the summer is over, I'm sure Rutgers events will resume, and even if they aren't always tourneys, they are still part of the community. Now, while I'm very content with the panel line-up, I do NOT want an EVEN number of panelists. Our potential solutions are to drop a panelist, which I disagree with, add a panelist, or add three panelists. I find that given Inui and Ksizzle's views, the best compromise would be to add three panelists. We can add Doom, Atomsk, and one other representative from NJ, probably someone who is NOT in any crew already mentioned, to help maintain balance. This will mean Inui gets his additions. Inui will remain Head Panelist. Ksizzle and myself will remain as Vice Panelists, and the other 4 will just be regular panelists. This means the three "main crews" (I hate saying that) in NJ will get the strongest representation (even though everyone's vote counts equally) and everyone gets a fair representative.

In this way, we will have a great compromise. Inui gets to make his minor cut, though I don't think anyone is budging on the issue of keeping Eazy in. He also gets to have Doom and Atomsk (I would appreciate if both of you would come and speak your mind on the situation). Ksizzle gets to keep Eazy, and because of an extra addition to the panel, he does not need to worry about more lies and corruption, as checks and balances will be stronger. I get my compromise, because we have an odd number of panelists, and we keep Eazy (I'd really like you to speak on this) and represent crews fairly.

Please, I encourage everyone to voice their suggestions/disagreements/agreements

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Isn't he NYC? >_>;

Regardless, he doesn't seem to have anything beyond one win.
9. Doom (Meta Knight/Snake)
10. Bleachigo (Falco)
- 12. Kid (Falco)
- 14. iKon (Snake/Dedede)

Personally, I think BigM is better than these 4(maybe not kid) after playing him 3 times this season and especially seeing him vs ally on sunday. This doesnt matter though. He has no signifcant wins this season that I can think of except me.

Edit: Nevermind, saw orion in the first part of pierces post(even though it wasnt a main). *goes back to reading the essay XD*

supposedly placings dont count anymore lol. or maybe never did. i sure took them into acount. whatever

i think he lives in fair lawn nj

also pierce will be joining us momentarily
Results really shouldn't count for much if anything. Bad seeding, flukes, etc.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i disagree with your number of panelists. whats the problem with an even number? i see no problem. i vote for Inui, ksizzle, Pierce, Eazy. its perfect.

ah you got a point kai

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
A problem with an even amount is that when you have a vote it can become a tie and there is no way to break a tie.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
i disagree with your number of panelists. whats the problem with an even number? i see no problem. i vote for Inui, ksizzle, Pierce, Eazy. its perfect.
QFT

You'll be fine with these 4. You're all reasonable people with backup of your opinions. I highly doubt you'd run into a 2v2 that lasted more than 30seconds

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
see? i want all of nj to speak up on this. its for the NJ rankings. for NJ. who they think are the most fair people in this states community. so speak up zucco, bleachigo, ether, etc

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lmao. would you like the panel to be me pierce inui and eazy ya know, no bias whatsoever already or would u like more members that can maybe not even care for the rankings/agree with every thought one other says even if their wrong/ etc?

Eazy23

Smash Lord

I am the king!

Competing will make you better.

Bring it. An inactive player shouldn't be making skill judgments and they are bound to be less informed than an active player.

:laugh:
Well, lets go:). This amazing piece of logic and debate is brought and inspired by my mentor.

LETS GOOOOOOOO! Now
Dragon, I will slay you! For I am Socrateazy! Lord of all that is just and reasonable!

What makes a good panelist I will ask on behalf of the people? An educated, impartial individual on a given subject. Do you agree with this definition? If you do not, please post your argument against it, but for now I will assume that as any reasonable thinker would...you do.

Now as for my education. Has Socrateazy not been a member of the NJ panel on previous occasions? The people will undoubtedly remember this to be true. So, we may assume that he is aware of the ins and outs of the discussion.

Notice, my definition is not simply about a panelist, but a good one. For this is what the good denizens of the NJ smash scene deserve.

Back to action now shall we?

We have briefly discussed my education did we not, for I certainly remember typing the words.

So we shall now discuss my impartiality. Any reasonable man will admit to some sort of bias while making decisions regarding himself. The panel however, SHOULD be comprised of members who dwindle this bias down to nothingness, and make decisions based on logic. Is this not the way of Socrateazy? Is this not what he is known for? You Dragon Inui, are also a man of logic, but also a man filled with evil bias. I am superior to you in this area dragon, and this is why my blade will cut so deeply through your scaly dragon armor!

So have we not established Socrateazy as an educated, and historically known impartial figure? I think we have done so, and the people surely do as well.

The flames against me scream inactivity, thus we shall extinguish your firey breath with reason. Be aware that I am indeed humoring you now dear dragon. For I, as a much wiser and reasonable being, am aware that impartiality, intelligence, and constant access to results and brackets can make the perfect panelist. There is no true need for activity, unless this seen by you as the only means of education. It also occurs to Socrateazy that being unable to be ranked would aid in creating a more impartial judge would it not? This is food for thought dear dragon, the last food you shall eat before your demise.

I have attended 2 of the most popular tournaments in NJ this season, have I not? For I certainly recall paying the entry fees and slaying falcos left and right. The minimum for activity however is three, thus I seem to be rejected from the club of activity because of a lack of attendance, compiled to be one in numerical nature.

So is this to say that had I, Socrateazy, entered one more event, I would know more than the results of that third event have shown me? I would surely not hope you believe this, for I would have then need to slay you, but seeing as though the slaying has begun, I can only assume that you do, Dragon Inui, believe this to be a truth.

Well, my friend, how does someone become a name in New Jersey? How is someone seeded at an event?The people should agree that this is done by competing, and doing impressive things. I agree with this, as you should Dragon Inui. Well, if this is to be agreed upon, then would not my knowledge of two NJ events, equip me for the results and upsets possible in the third event, if I were to attend it? This is to say, in simpler terms.

1. A person is seen as good, by what they have done in the past.
2. I have been to 2 events this season, I assure you this is true.
3. The opinion of the players of my third event, if I had chosen to attend, would have been based on the happenings of the events preceding it. Of these events, I am of the most educated for I was there.
4. I am offered results from the third event, that I did not choose to attend, but the happenings are only what they are because of the happening in the preceding events, thus, my understanding of these events is not compromised in the slightest.

Do I need to simplify this once more?

I attend 2 events where Zucco and kai also attend.
2. At a third event, Zucco is defeated by kai.
3. I, with my understanding of their abilities, due to witnessing FIRST HAND their abilities and results, can analyze the importance and impact of this result without being present. Because this is based SOLELY on what image they have created in PREVIOUS events, events that I attended.

My dear Dragon friend, I benevolently offered you a chance to retract your untrue claims, but you did not. Thus I have slayed you, with impeccable logic. I have indeed proven to be what I have defined, a good panelist. I have also proven that my lack of attendance, compiled to be One in numerical nature, has in no way compromised my understanding of the happenings within our state.

Can you refute the words of Socrateazy? For I have slain you dear dragon, you have indeed, been slain.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Biased? I agree with Inui when he's right. If he's not, I just concede from the argument to avoid a drawn out debate. I provided TONS of information last night and essentially crafted the bottom five on the list myself, including suggesting the addition of Big M, something Inui greatly opposed. I also am responsible for Malcolm being included in the list and changing the "at least two NJ tournaments" rule to "at least two NJ/NY tournments".

I don't see why you think adding me to the panel would be detrimental in the slightest, considering I've done nothing but contribute intelligent discussion and bring up good points so far.

lol Kai, you think Big M is better than me? That's pretty low. I wrecked him in teams at Gauntlet whenever I got my hands on him, and I have a ton more wins in singles than him. I'll gladly MM him if you still feel otherwise, though. Maybe that loss to him got to you a bit. ;) The Falcos are also better than him, as far as I'm concerned. Counting his win over Orion is just silly, he beat his Diddy...not even his MK/Snake/Falco. He certainly has gotten way better, though.

Edit: Note that conceding from the debate is on stuff that's not important. The panel is something important, I'm not just going to back down from an argument unless I'm clearly going to lose it.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I think it should stay with the way we had it since the last ever.

I also thought I had moved up more too, Kai mentioned something about the list looking good, name wise, and thats super ghey subjective. Like beating Zucco twice gets cancelled out because I lost to his Ness (I two stocked his Lucario, and that wasn't the first time as well :)). Then I beat Cable, and Diem (before he stopped caring)?

(The Ness just caught me off guard, just wait Jersey I'll start learning the low tier match-ups!)

Edit: Doom, we have to meet up more often. I seriously want to take up on that offer. We gonna change Jersey!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Biased? I agree with Inui when he's right. If he's not, I just concede from the argument to avoid a drawn out debate. I provided TONS of information last night and essentially crafted the bottom five on the list myself, including suggesting the addition of Big M, something Inui greatly opposed. I also am responsible for Malcolm being included in the list and changing the "at least two NJ tournaments" rule to "at least two NJ/NY tournments".

I don't see why you think adding me to the panel would be detrimental in the slightest, considering I've done nothing but contribute intelligent discussion and bring up good points so far.

lol Kai, you think Big M is better than me? That's pretty low. I wrecked him in teams at Gauntlet whenever I got my hands on him, and I have a ton more wins in singles than him. I'll gladly MM him if you still feel otherwise, though. Maybe that loss to him got to you a bit. ;) The Falcos are also better than him, as far as I'm concerned. Counting his win over Orion is just silly, he beat his Diddy...not even his MK/Snake/Falco. He certainly has gotten way better, though.

Edit: Note that conceding from the debate is on stuff that's not important. The panel is something important, I'm not just going to back down from an argument unless I'm clearly going to lose it.
sorry about this sergio

how much did you and bleachigo money match for?

Zucco

Smash Master
I think it should stay with the way we had it since the last ever.

I also thought I had moved up more too, Kai mentioned something about the list looking good, name wise, and thats super ghey subjective. Like beating Zucco twice gets cancelled out because I lost to his Ness (I two stocked his Lucario, and that wasn't the first time as well :)). Then I beat Cable, and Diem (before he stopped caring)?

(The Ness just caught me off guard, just wait Jersey I'll start learning the low tier match-ups!)
the better player won on Saturday, that's all I have to say about that:ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness:

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Yes I think he's better

No the loss didn't get to me, I already stated how the loss was a fluke due to RC spawning a platform as I dair and letting him punish the landing lag. Doesn't matter, he won.

It's not low. You just said yourself he's gotten way better. Why is it so surprising for me to think he's better than you? He does well, goes close with top players, and took ally to last hit game 1 on sunday after having the majority lead all game.

Max Ketchum

Yes I think he's better

No the loss didn't get to me, I already stated how the loss was a fluke due to RC spawning a platform as I dair and letting him punish the landing lag. Doesn't matter, he won.

It's not low. You just said yourself he's gotten way better. Why is it so surprising for me to think he's better than you? He does well, goes close with top players, and took ally to last hit game 1 on sunday after having the majority lead all game.
I'm joking, relax. Hence the "lol" and ";)".

Zucco

Smash Master
. Counting his win over Orion is just silly, he beat his Diddy...not even his MK/Snake/Falco. He certainly has gotten way better, though.
I think its silly too, but we live in a state where low tiers count towards PR if you ever used that character in singles with success:laugh:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
max it looks like u didnt even answer the question. and since u did it last season, it makes this even better. answer it

Max Ketchum

max it looks like u didnt even answer the question. and since u did it last season, it makes this even better. answer it
I only made him pay me $1. Either way, we both were fully aware of the fact that it was going to count for rankings. Don't see what the problem here is.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
doomsong123 (7:14:56 PM): Dude, what's your deal? <_<
KelvinTooGood (7:15:05 PM): go into the thread
KelvinTooGood (7:15:08 PM): and answer the question
KelvinTooGood (7:15:18 PM): i dont like **** being kept from me
KelvinTooGood (7:15:22 PM): when its bad and corrupt
KelvinTooGood (7:15:23 PM): and a lie
doomsong123 (7:15:38 PM): It's not corrupt. We agreed pre-match for it to count for the rankings
KelvinTooGood (7:15:43 PM): rofl
KelvinTooGood (7:15:52 PM): cant believe pierce allowed this
KelvinTooGood (7:15:58 PM): a dollar?
doomsong123 (7:16:06 PM): Yeah, so? A serious set is a serious set.
KelvinTooGood (7:16:20 PM): you know the rules
KelvinTooGood (7:16:22 PM): u broke them
KelvinTooGood (7:16:26 PM): we used that mm
KelvinTooGood (7:16:35 PM): to see who was gonna be ranked above each other
doomsong123 (7:16:40 PM): Want him to pay me $4? Lol.
KelvinTooGood (7:16:47 PM): nah thats kewl
doomsong123 (7:17:12 PM): It's a dumb rule either way. If both players are fully aware that the set counts for the rankings, amount shouldn't matter
KelvinTooGood (7:17:29 PM): hmm
KelvinTooGood (7:17:41 PM): i guess me mm'ing m2k or ally should count the same for 100
KelvinTooGood (7:17:45 PM): great logic bro

comments?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I only made him pay me $1. Either way, we both were fully aware of the fact that it was going to count for rankings. Don't see what the problem here is.
Money matters. If there is nothing to lose, there is nothing important in the match. A dollar is nothing and rankings mean nothing compared to money. You referred to friendlies at Puffs saying you did well vs my diddy when I tried to spike you a ton of times. Money matters

Top Bottom