• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
PT is getting on the top 10...as soon as I find a tournament I want to use him at and get my Ivysaur better. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It is apparent that NJ's scene is very dynamic, very active, and has constant skill shifts.

A twelve week season is no longer needed.

Eight weeks will suffice.

September 26th will be 9 weeks, and that's a good place to end the season. The absense of a tournament on the 19th means extending to that date isn't a bad idea.

Remember, you don't need tournaments to change your rank. Money matches involving mains that are for $5+ count.

Zucco

Smash Master
I doubt ill end up in a good spot this time around, I never get a chance to fight people I know I can beat that are considered good. I rather just be off the PR all together so I stop worrying about all this stupid ****.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I doubt ill end up in a good spot this time around, I never get a chance to fight people I know I can beat that are considered good. I rather just be off the PR all together so I stop worrying about all this stupid ****.
You can't choose to be off of it. If you have the activity and the wins, you will be ranked somewhere.

You are 6th. The people above you...are beyond you at this time. You are aiming too high considering how new you are. I am a very seasoned veteran from Melee that has never been below 5th in Melee or Brawl in NJ, ksizzle has been playing since the start of Brawl and has had lots of amazing training, ADHD is clearly beyond the rest of us in singles right now, and Atomsk played Melee and has been extremely active in Brawl since the start.

You are likely to retain your spot, so don't worry much. Who is going to take it from you?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Zucco I never realized how much of a drama queen you can be. Can I call you Zucca from now on?? Heiii.

Zucco

Smash Master
You can't choose to be off of it. If you have the activity and the wins, you will be ranked somewhere.

You are 6th. The people above you...are beyond you at this time. You are aiming too high considering how new you are. I am a very seasoned veteran from Melee that has never been below 5th in Melee or Brawl in NJ, ksizzle has been playing since the start of Brawl, ADHD is clearly beyond the rest of us in singles right now, and Atomsk played Melee and has been extremely active in Brawl since the start.

You are likely to retain your spot, so don't worry much. Who is going to take it from you?
Oh, I dont think I should be ahead of the people ranked higher then me yet, and infact I would be happy if I were to keep my 6th spot, I just don't see that happening this time around.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I dont think I should be ahead of the people ranked higher then me yet, and infact I would be happy if I were to keep my 6th spot, I just don't see that happening this time around.
Again, who is going to take it from you?

dmbrandon is likely to either be removed entirely or drop down very low. That means you move up one spot by default. I am going to be fourth. ADHD is going to be first. ksizzle and Atomsk are fighting for second.

You would need be outdone by both Kai and Pierce in order to drop to 7th, and that'd your worst case scenerio at this point.

Zucco

Smash Master
what about Malcolm? hes been doing really good lately, though im not sure if he entered enough tourneys to get ranked. I wouldn't mind 7th if he was ahead since he kinda deserves it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
what about Malcolm? hes been doing really good lately, though im not sure if he entered enough tourneys to get ranked. I wouldn't mind 7th if he was ahead since he kinda deserves it.
MalcolmM has a habit of missing the rankings by one tournament.

There is a policy that two NJ tournaments are required, since it's supposed to be heavily based on NJ events and NJ's scene. MalcolmM should probably be moved to the NY list if he doesn't enter NJ events.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
malcolm should DEFINITELY be on NY's PR. it will also make us much less laughable, XDD.

it seems kai is going to be ranked above zucco because of his pretty high placements lately and his win over me.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
it seems kai is going to be ranked above zucco because of his pretty high placements lately and his win over me.
I have wins over a lot of good players this season and only lost to mostly top players. There's no reason why I should be under 5th at this point. We'll see though

Zucco

Smash Master
Not sure if I'm going to Palpi's thing, so I guess I'm just gonna say I'm done for the season. Here are the people Ive beaten this season, not including the low tier people I beat, o and since pools werent saved at snes I couldnt get everyone from that. I should really start doing some MMs.
pierce7d
Shugo
Eazy
Captain Awesome
papli
PunishmentDivine
Cloudfox
poot
Allied
Rookie
Bleachigo
Kid
Izumi

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If I'm not mistaken, Keitaro, Seph, DaPuffster, and Eazy do not have the activity to be ranked, and now Pierce does, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong and show me some proof.

Zucco

Smash Master
Maybe we should just do a top 10 instead of a top 15 this time, what with all the inactivity.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Know what Kai and I heard? Kids half your age using a broken finger john :chuckle:

My response: Yeah yeah I've heard it all before, kid.

xD <3
Small ******: "Hey, are you guys good at this game"

Kai: "Yeah"

Small ******: "Can I go play you and beat you later?"

Kai: "Wanna have a Money Match?"

Small ******: "Whats that?"

Kai:" We play for money"

Small ******: "Oh I would but I have a borken finger"

Yes! "Yeah yeah, we've heard it all before"

GOLD at it's finest. Such a hilarious moment. Not trying to sound mean to Inui, just pointing out the foolishness of this child.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm not active enough for this season and don't plan on being active if the season ends Sept 26th. I'm doing wifi ladders atm instead cause I'm awesome.

Eazy, Seph, and Dapuffster also aren't active enough this season.

I don't mind the season ending in September but I still think its really stupid.

I'll be active for sure for the next season though.

Atomsk needs to beat them MKs again.

*Plays Chrono Trigger*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, you only need three tournaments in a period of 9 weeks to get ranked this season. That...isn't hard. Every weekend besides this upcoming one has a tournament of some kind near or in NJ. It's a shame that some of you won't be ranked, and it also means you and Eazy need to be replaced as panelists I guess.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Small ******: "Hey, are you guys good at this game"

Kai: "Yeah"

Small ******: "Can I go play you and beat you later?"

Kai: "Wanna have a Money Match?"

Small ******: "Whats that?"

Kai:" We play for money"

Small ******: "Oh I would but I have a borken finger"

Yes! "Yeah yeah, we've heard it all before"

GOLD at it's finest. Such a hilarious moment. Not trying to sound mean to Inui, just pointing out the foolishness of this child.
lol i remember that kid, he wanted to play me i just told him to go call for a match or some shiz.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well, you only need three tournaments in a period of 9 weeks to get ranked this season. That...isn't hard. Every weekend besides this upcoming one has a tournament of some kind near or in NJ. It's a shame that some of you won't be ranked, and it also means you and Eazy need to be replaced as panelists I guess.
Following results and attending tournaments are completely different from each other.

Top Bottom