• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't matter if it was a low tier tournament.

I beat your main when a decent amount of money was on the line. Same went for Vex, Camalange, and Lawz.

You can't dispute that. You haven't disputed it because you can't. I'm right.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It's been stated time and time again that low tiers don't count. The rankings are for singles when options aren't limited. I don't need to argue as much as you. The other panelists aren't deluded :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's been stated time and time again that low tiers don't count. The rankings are for singles when options aren't limited. I don't need to argue as much as you. The other panelists aren't deluded :)
omg

It doesn't matter, you idiot.

Why are you being so stupid?

You are usually smart.

Your normal tournament main lost to me. Period.

Vex would use Bowser on me in normal tournaments too, just like the rest of you low tier mains. You have a much higher success rate against me with Sonic and use him and would use him against me in a normal tournament. So would Camalange. Lawz would use Link regardless. Nothing was different from a normal tournament. Every win I listed is legit.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lets worry about apex 2 and getting a venue since ur dad is leaving >_<
I'll still use this venue. It's really good.

I'm trying to convince my dad to stay, anyways.

If he moves regardless, we can use this venue and just raise the venue fee by $5. Genesis and EVO had $20 or higher venue fees and nobody really cried. We can do $15-$20 if we have to.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
omg

It doesn't matter, you idiot.

Why are you being so stupid?

You are usually smart.

Your normal tournament main lost to me. Period.

Vex would use Bowser on me in normal tournaments too, just like the rest of you low tier mains. You have a much higher success rate against me with Sonic and use him and would use him against me in a normal tournament. So would Camalange. Lawz would use Link regardless. Nothing was different from a normal tournament. Every win I listed is legit.
So in normal singles, we would have a Sonic vs Ike match?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll still use this venue. It's really good.

I'm trying to convince my dad to stay, anyways.

If he moves regardless, we can use this venue and just raise the venue fee by $5. Genesis and EVO had $20 or higher venue fees and nobody really cried. We can do $15-$20 if we have to.

thats fine im almost done setting ish up whenever ur ready to look im me

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So in normal singles, we would have a Sonic vs Ike match?

You still don't get it, do you?

You had your actual tournament main at your disposal. So did Vex. I was the crippled one, yet I won. In a normal setting, I would have my S tier characters and you'd both have less of a chance of winning because I'd have my actual mains.

The low tier environment benefits you more, but I won anyways. Get it now? This is very simple and I can't fathom that people are arguing with me. Simple logic dictates that I am right. You can't discard my facts and logic with "it was a low tier tournament" when actual tournament mains and actual cash were both involved.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

You still don't get it, do you?

You had your actual tournament main at your disposal. So did Vex. I was the crippled one, yet I won. In a normal setting, I would have my S tier characters and you'd both have less of a chance of winning because I'd have my actual mains.

The low tier environment benefits you more, but I won anyways. Get it now? This is very simple and I can't fathom that people are arguing with me. Simple logic dictates that I am right. You can't discard my facts and logic with "it was a low tier tournament" when actual tournament mains and actual cash were both involved.
Seeing how I wrecked your MK with Sonic and lost to Ike, I'd have to disagree.

So, Zucco, Vex, Cam, and myself should be the only ones affected by low tiers in terms of the PR? Having losses count against us but not wins in our favor? What about if Cam and I had to play? It would obviously be a sonic ditto, I use Diddy for Sonic though. You're saying this should count because I have access to a main despite it not being the one I want??

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Seeing how I wrecked your MK with Sonic and lost to Ike, I'd have to disagree.
I don't see why you're taking a set I literally didn't want to win so seriously. I literally did not want to beat you.

So, Zucco, Vex, Cam, and myself should be the only ones affected by low tiers in terms of the PR? Having losses count against us but not wins in our favor? What about if Cam and I had to play? It would obviously be a sonic ditto, I use Diddy for Sonic though. You're saying this should count because I have access to a main despite it not being the one I want??
Ike is one my real characters. Beating my Ike is real. If you beat my Ike, I'd count that as legit. I am not scared of using him in real tournaments and I can and do beat people with him.

Your mains lost to me. That's the bottom line. Nothing you say can change that.

Your Diddy Kong, sans one set I literally didn't want to win, has a 100% loss record against me, but your Sonic wins almost half the time. Why would you waste a match by picking Diddy Kong against me? It makes no sense. You're only bringing up Diddy Kong to try and discount my win against your Sonic.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I don't see why you're taking a set I literally didn't want to win so seriously. I literally did not want to beat you.

Ike is one my real characters. Beating my Ike is real. If you beat my Ike, I'd count that as legit. I am not scared of using him in real tournaments and I can and do beat people with him.

Your mains lost to me. That's the bottom line. Nothing you say can change that.

Your Diddy Kong, sans one set I literally didn't want to win, has a 100% loss record against me, but your Sonic wins almost half the time. Why would you waste a match by picking Diddy Kong against me? It makes no sense. You're only bringing up Diddy Kong to try and discount my win against your Sonic.
Umm you beat my diddy at Orion and Cy's event in our match....that was it. I beat you at Puff's. You can john all you want about it.

So if Ike is one of your real characters, why have you stated several times that you were at a disadvantage? That can't be the case if Ike is a main of yours.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Umm you beat my diddy at Orion and Cy's event in our match....that was it. I beat you at Puff's. You can john all you want about it.
I beat it every single time, all the time, and used to beat it very badly. You're forgetting a few old MMs. It has a very poor record against me.

I'm not johning about Puff's tourny. I literally didn't want to win. Normally, a loss to you would enrage me. I'm not going to lie. Didn't my reaction mean anything to you? A loss to Shadow would also anger me, but it didn't at all.

So if Ike is one of your real characters, why have you stated several times that you were at a disadvantage? That can't be the case if Ike is a main of yours.
You're not thinking straight.

I usually main two S tiers. Ike is my third best character and is several tiers below my actual mains. Sonic is your true main and is your first or second best character.

Btw, I would gladly do Ike vs Sonic in a normal tournament. Ike is the most fun character to me. I use him against stuff that doesn't **** him.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
How bout whenever we all lose a singles match we say we werent trying and wanted to lose? works for some people...

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I beat it every single time, all the time, and used to beat it very badly. You're forgetting a few old MMs. It has a very poor record against me.

I'm not johning about Puff's tourny. I literally didn't want to win. Normally, a loss to you would enrage me. I'm not going to lie. Didn't my reaction mean anything to you? A loss to Shadow would also anger me, but it didn't at all.

You're not thinking straight.

I usually main two S tiers. Ike is my third best character and is several tiers below my actual mains. Sonic is your true main and is your first or second best character.

Btw, I would gladly do Ike vs Sonic in a normal tournament. Ike is the most fun character to me. I use him against stuff that doesn't **** him.
I must be forgetting these MM's you claim, I don't ever remember MMing you with Diddy and am fairly sure I didn't. I know of 2 matches, the 2 I listed, you one once and so did I.

Sonic may be my best, but honestly, you think Sonic alone wins in NJ, or doesnt get BADLY CP'd? Not having the options that singles allows is the whole point why Low tiers doesn't matter.

Once again, my question. Are you saying that low tiers in terms of the PR works against me cam, vex, and zucco, while we can get nothing out of it and only lose?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I must be forgetting these MM's you claim, I don't ever remember MMing you with Diddy and am fairly sure I didn't. I know of 2 matches, the 2 I listed, you one once and so did I.
You did, against my Marth, and got wrecked. This was way back at BBC Finals in January. You fought me in that tournament and got threestocked, too. I have a very good memory. I even remember my first tournament loss to Wes way back at my first tournament. It was on Corneria, and he threestocked me in Samus vs Sheik at high percent.

Sonic may be my best, but honestly, you think Sonic alone wins in NJ, or doesnt get BADLY CP'd? Not having the options that singles allows is the whole point why Low tiers doesn't matter.
You were fighting Ike. You were not counterpicked at all. That match-up is even.

Ike is worse than Sonic.

I was the limited one, forced off of my multiple S tiers I could have used. You were far less limited than me. This has been proven over and over.

Once again, my question. Are you saying that low tiers in terms of the PR works against me cam, vex, and zucco, while we can get nothing out of it and only lose?
Zucco?

Anyways, it's a sad twist of fate, but yes. You guys get to use your true tournament mains while the majority of us do not. I wouldn't say it actually hurts you to lose to someone like me, though. You lost to a higher ranked and better player. That's not something that hurts you. It's like me losing a set to Atomsk this season. How does that hurt me at all?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
You did, against my Marth, and got wrecked. This was way back at BBC Finals in January. You fought me in that tournament and got threestocked, too. I have a very good memory. I even remember my first tournament loss to Wes way back at my first tournament. It was on Corneria, and he threestocked me in Samus vs Sheik at high percent.

You were fighting Ike. You were not counterpicked at all. That match-up is even.

Ike is worse than Sonic.

I was the limited one, forced off of my multiple S tiers I could have used. You were far less limited than me. This has been proven over and over.

Zucco?

Anyways, it's a sad twist of fate, but yes. You guys get to use your true tournament mains while the majority of us do not. I wouldn't say it actually hurts you to lose to someone like me, though. You lost to a higher ranked and better player. That's not something that hurts you. It's like me losing a set to Atomsk this season. How does that hurt me at all?
When I'm allowed to use Diddy in low tiers, I won't mind if they count. Until then, I stated what I thought and the same thing is getting repeated. I don't think any of this will matter, but we'll see at the end of the season if it does. I don't agree with you but I know you well enough to know you wont budge from your view. Neither will I. Save it till when it matters.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
inui, don't you think that it is foolish to not count matches that you claim you were playing badly in?
i can say that about every single lose i've ever had as well and be first in NY now, because the loses don't count.
that doesn't make any sense! whether you john or not, the match should still count if there was money on the line.

i'm not trying to get into this kai vs inui argument, i don't know which side i'd take. it seems stupid anyway.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
So Lucas, where can I get all these "Get out of Tournament Losses so they don't Affect my Rankings Free" cards that you seem to have an infinite amount of? Do you just hoard the little monopoly cards and use those during rankings discussions?

Shadow: It's EXTREMELY stupid.

Zucco

Smash Master
I'm definitely going to bring out Ness alot more from now on. Honestly the only thing that makes Ness a bad character imo is his crappy recovery and the grab release bull. Expect some Ness at Viridian if I go.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
When I'm allowed to use Diddy in low tiers, I won't mind if they count. Until then, I stated what I thought and the same thing is getting repeated. I don't think any of this will matter, but we'll see at the end of the season if it does. I don't agree with you but I know you well enough to know you wont budge from your view. Neither will I. Save it till when it matters.
I won't budge, but unlike you, I present facts and present a better case. You've yet to disprove my logic, and bringing your never-beat-me Diddy Kong into this is pointless. You'd use Sonic. You're only bringing up Diddy Kong to try and win a debate on the internet, which is pathetic. That character isn't viable against me unless you're like top 3 with him.

inui, don't you think that it is foolish to not count matches that you claim you were playing badly in?
i can say that about every single lose i've ever had as well and be first in NY now, because the loses don't count.
that doesn't make any sense! whether you john or not, the match should still count if there was money on the line.
No, it makes perfect sense. I've lost to plenty of people while playing well. ksizzle, Mew2King, teh_spamerer, Atomsk, NEO, Azen, DSF...and many many many others have all beaten me when I was playing well. Most of time I played well against your brother and still got wrecked.

Me vs you and Kai at Puff's event wasn't a matter of playing badly.

I had absolutely no resolve to win. I didn't want to win.

So Lucas, where can I get all these "Get out of Tournament Losses so they don't Affect my Rankings Free" cards that you seem to have an infinite amount of? Do you just hoard the little monopoly cards and use those during rankings discussions?
You are an idiot.

I played at or near my absolute worst against Meep and Atomsk in MD/VA and I still listed them as losses this season.

Facts and my actions >>> your stupid assumptions and baseless trash.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Fact: You can't prove that you weren't trying.
This is true, except I can prove that the chances of me not trying are far greater than the other way around. In fact, I have already done so. My reaction after that loss and my agreement with Kai to make it to the sushi place before it closed support my argument.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
This is true, except I can prove that the chances of me not trying are far greater than the other way around. In fact, I have already done so. My reaction after that loss and my agreement with Kai to make it to the sushi place before it closed support my argument.

do you have a video tape of your match vs kai, or perhaps, pictures? your only evidence is your own word.

where is the receipt from this "sushi place" that you claim you ate at immediately after losing to myself?

what you have, sir, is nothing.

daisho

Smash Lord

do you have a video tape of your match vs kai, or perhaps, pictures? your only evidence is your own word.

where is the receipt from this "sushi place" that you claim you ate at immediately after losing to myself?

Bringing in the inui pictures is just wrong...

BTW im really good I just wasn't trying when I met any of you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

ZOMG N0000 UB3R 1337 H4X!!!!

But in all seriousness, there is enough witness testimony to prove my case.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

I specifically do not remember anyone talking about eating sushi at the tournament afterwards.

In fact, I recall Inui saying something along the lines of, really? I have to fight Kai next? Why should I be graced with such an easy next match, it will be cake.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

I specifically do not remember anyone talking about eating sushi at the tournament afterwards.

In fact, I recall Inui saying something along the lines of, really? I have to fight Kai next? Why should I be graced with such an easy next match, it will be cake.
Figures you'd be thinking about cake -_-

Top Bottom