• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I have a hard time believing people care about the rankings. Doom, if you'd like diddy practice, or if I was allowed to give you my ranking spot, I'd be more than willing to do both.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Lucas why don't you main lucas?

seriously people should main characters that match their names. reduces confusion.

Inui should main lucas
snakeee should main snake
and i should main dhalsim

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
if anyone has to pass somerset, central NJ to get to a tourny in the north or south please help me get there. id be much better if i could attend more stuff cuz right now its looking like only every 2 months or major ones. i pay well ( no BJs tho sorry inui =[ )

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I always thought rankings were a fun and exciting way to help the NJ smash community get better :D

I don't care much for my own ranking but I care about making the rankings as accurate as we possibly can with our set rules.

Oh, and don't worry bout DM being ranked high. He only did good cause he stole my controller for the day.

For future tournies, he will now get ***** :laugh:

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I always thought rankings were a fun and exciting way to help the NJ smash community get better :D

I don't care much for my own ranking but I care about making the rankings as accurate as we possibly can with our set rules.

Oh, and don't worry bout DM being ranked high. He only did good cause he stole my controller for the day.

For future tournies, he will now get ***** :laugh:
LOL. me and my brother went to brandon's house the night before Terrabite and he goes " Hey guys! Look at this brand new controller i found at Apex! I am so excited i found this because it's so crisp and great." * i look at the controller and see the letters K-E-I-T on it* *face plam* " i tell him" *he frowns* " he yells ****!"

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
So uhh... quick recommendation and then I'm out. Can this thread's topic include the date of the rankings in the actual title? "New" gets kinda ambiguous fast especially considering it's always there. Just say "4/30" instead. Or something something.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have a quick question if a panelist could answer. how does beating a ranked person affect your placement. or is it only go by how u place at a tournament.

and does beating ranked players on wifi count LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i have a quick question if a panelist could answer. how does beating a ranked person affect your placement. or is it only go by how u place at a tournament.

Who you beat and who you lose to matters most. We just decide how much it counts when we dicuss things. Like, beating me or ksizzle counts more than beating Keitaro or Izumi.

No.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
LOL. me and my brother went to brandon's house the night before Terrabite and he goes " Hey guys! Look at this brand new controller i found at Apex! I am so excited i found this because it's so crisp and great." * i look at the controller and see the letters K-E-I-T on it* *face plam* " i tell him" *he frowns* " he yells ****!"
Wow, what fail on his part :D

He tried to buy it from me but it's my friend's and he won't sell it :(

@ DM: I'd make him sell it for the price of a new white controller since he needs one. Just keep that in mind./

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

Beating me or anyone else on wifi means nothing.

Although you beat me in pools at Apex. I still placed higher than you ; )

Other things that count in a match is how the match went, what stages you played on, was the tournament a national tourney or a regular tourney, or was it the actual tournament or pools.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Beating me or anyone else on wifi means nothing.

Although you beat me in pools at Apex. I still placed higher than you ; )

Other things that count in a match is how the match went, what stages you played on, was the tournament a national tourney or a regular tourney, or was it the actual tournament or pools.
I don't think how the match went matters, unless something crazy happens like getting a heart attack after losing a stock or something. Also i doubt the stages matter. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Like it was totally legit when you beat Atomsk on Japes right? They didn't just ignore your win over him because you it was japes. but mehhh

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stuff like me playing with a busted finger at Apex and fighting dmbrandon and ksizzle while coughing every few seconds and being unable to stay awake is definitely considered.

DaPuffster's win over Atomsk was indeed not taken to heart as much as a normal win due to the Jungle Japes/Rainbow Cruise nonsense. Things like that do matter, at least to me, and I definitely have the most influence in the rankings.

Wifi doesn't count.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
heres hoping that I do good enough to get on the rankings.
You already beat Izumi, BlackWaltz, and Keitaro.

Merely entering events and taking out one decent person each time without getting near last will get you ranked near the bottom.

But you want to go higher, right?

Then repeat TerraBite over and over.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
it takes 3 tournies right? was apex in this season?

i want to be the very best. like no1 ever was. mk dittos will be my test. to win them is my cause
these NJ players will understand, the tornado thats insideeee. SSBB!!

wow im so not like that ^^ heres to seph hope getting ranked!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
You can't even read any of the text except "shieldgrab", "bair", "chaingrab", and "utilt" because of the picture being scaled down...

Oh, wait.

Top Bottom