• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Fun fact: The original list I made completely on my own is the one being used. I showed it to ksizzle, Eazy, Keitaro, and Pierce, then we discussed it together, and nothing got changed. I organized the creation of this list and got everyone on AIM and stuff. I hope nobody EVER accuses me of being biased or a bad panelist ever again.

I added characters in.

Here is proof that being in a crew increases your skill, especially being in Enemy Controller:

1. Mew2King (Enemy Controller)
2. teh_spamerer (Honorary Enemy Controller)
3. Atomsk (Enemy Controller)
4. Inui (Enemy Controller)
5. BlackWaltz (Enemy Controller)
6. Yes! (Team MOB)
7. Malcom (Team Supremacy)
8. dmbrandon (Honorary Enemy Controller)
9. Keitaro (Team MOB)
10. ksizzle (S.W.R.)
11. Izumi (Enemy Controller)
12. Eazy (Team MOB)
13. PRiDE (Enemy Controller)
14. Pierce7d (Zodiac Braves)
15. Umbra (Zodiac Braves)

Based on this, Enemy Controller is by the strongest crew in the area and you have a 0% chance of being ranked if you're not in a crew. :D
Chen's opinion on the list: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvYjWYGl5DE

PRiDE

Smash Lord
not sure why I was mentioned.. again.. lol

omg that thing.. that inui thing.. on the ledge was creapy and also very HILARIOUS. It was perfect.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hope that's not what people actually think of our decision. It was actually discussed and it was based on results and accomplishments.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I agree with the rankings, but just wondering some insight since I'm working on PA rankings now and there's stupid inconsistencies in this crazy game known as Brawl. Mainly it's like, say Player A beat Player B at a tourney before, yet Player B is ranked higher. I see stuff like that on the NJ list, and it's happening with PA as well. So for instance, while that would help Player's A case for being ranked well in the state, it's still the overall accomplishments you have to look at between the two players. I guess you also have to be careful about character matchups in a way...

Rankings are confusing.

Keitaro

Although very rushed imo, the rankings were made pretty well.

Chen and I discuss the NJ scene alot and he comes up with his own opinions of it but honestly his opinions in his vid aren't far from my own :D

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
{BlackWaltzX}

It's kind of irritating that our crew is the top 5, even if one of the top is a honorary.
No one in their right minds would crew battle us for money.
:/

Also, who really cares about rankings so much now but maybe... People who post about them directly (in some instances, indirectly).

It's kind of nice not having Spam or I care that much.. and a bunch of others, maybe M2K?
If it's Spam, M2K and I, that's 60% of top 5. o.o
I remember when Atomsk said the top.. 8 or so at the time didn't even like Brawl.
Too good.

{/BlackWaltzX}

PRiDE

Smash Lord
{BlackWaltzX}

It's kind of irritating that our crew is the top 5, even if one of the top is a honorary.
No one in their right minds would crew battle us for money.
:/

Also, who really cares about rankings so much now but maybe... People who post about them directly (in some instances, indirectly).

It's kind of nice not having Spam or I care that much.. and a bunch of others, maybe M2K?
If it's Spam, M2K and I, that's 60% of top 5. o.o
I remember when Atomsk said the top.. 8 or so at the time didn't even like Brawl.
Too good.

{/BlackWaltzX}
It's like he is trying to say something... but unfortunately his sentences have no meaning..

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
{BlackWaltzX}
Basically..

It's bad how no crews (besides H2YL maybe) will ever actually prove a challenge, no offense to other crews.
It means, less crew battles that will be entertaining.
Think of M2K in a four person tourney.
Like that.

Second part, it's funny how the higher people up don't care so much about the rankings as people not on it. At least, the top people.

{/BlackWaltzX}

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I smell elitism at its finest. =)
It's not that I'm elitist, I wasn't before and since I have not moved up.. or down, I still have no reason to change my personality.

Ok, would -you- MM M2K? Like.. for serious? :/ I know I wouldn't if it was $10 or whatever. ):

EDIT:: It's not that I am putting myself up on a pedestal, it's me putting the crew itself up on one. I'd hate to sound like Inui in something related to egotistical things, but it's kind of true..

EDIT:: Pageo 400 :3

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Senor BlackwaltzX: No J-J-Just kidding......

Anyway NJ out of curiosity is there any other you play competitively?
Besides Brawl, what else is big here?

Keitaro

Senor BlackwaltzX: No J-J-Just kidding......

Anyway NJ out of curiosity is there any other you play competitively?
Besides Brawl, what else is big here?
I used to be ranked # 13 in NJ at Melee :chuckle:

I used to play Naruto 4 alooooot and was really good at that, but didn't think there were tournies around. Besides that, I'm on and off with every other game and usually stop playing them after a week cause I'm too picky....except for Animal Crossing ;)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Blackwaltz...your crew goes out and trys to recruit every smasher in the state.

Like if someone does remotely well, you guys ask them to join. You're crew is based off of having the biggest and best smashers in the state, so why act surprised when you guys look really strong? Like no one really see's ec as a real crew. It's like an allstar team. You guys dont even use your own for crew battles. Anyone who isnt a top player, and is in the crew, is just riding the meat wagon. No 1 knows them or even cares that they are in the crew.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Blackwaltz...your crew goes out and trys to recruit every smasher in the state.

Like if someone does remotely well, you guys ask them to join. You're crew is based off of having the biggest and best smashers in the state, so why act surprised when you guys look really strong? Like no one really see's ec as a real crew. It's like an allstar team. You guys dont even use your own for crew battles. Anyone who isnt a top player, and is in the crew, is just riding the meat wagon. No 1 knows them or even cares that they are in the crew.
Why must you say such ******** things about my crew? This was already covered.

Dave just told me, since he's sitting right here with me, that he thinks it's the opposite of what you just said because we actually have many members that are weaker players and just in because we like them a lot, like Mrdc, Doom, Kai, Blue, etc.

There are a lot of close friendships in this crew. Just because the players we use in crew battles happen to be both in this crew and top players doesn't mean we're some all-star team that isn't friends.

It sounds like you're just jealous of our crew's talent.

Top Bottom