• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Uhhh simple.

I enter tournaments in anything because tournaments are FUN

Not everyone is anal about being the best in the world Lucas.

This is a community and there is no rule within the community that says you HAVE to play only to win.

Who cares if you are a threat in tournaments? People should know that with or without rankings.

Rankings is just a simple list of players that are used sometimes as a incentive for others to do better.

But.... if I play for fun ..... why do I care about that?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you enter a singles tournament and try your best to have fun, you're going to place low anyways, LOL! No need to worry about being ranked.

Btw, I enter every tournament for fun because competition = incredibly fun. I am playing for fun. Fun = person's opinion.

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Waltz plays for fun. To learn. Rankings are a plus. :x I'm not sure on how he would reply to this debate going on. But that is what I know for now. He might come on later to go in depth in this.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What if my idea of fun is to be MK and tornado to run away and spam broken strategies?

In any case I still don't see a reason why you should forcibly make someone become a part of the state's rankings.

Being a "tournament threat" is certainly not a very good reason.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
If you enter a singles tournament and try your best to have fun, you're going to place low anyways, LOL! No need to worry about being ranked.
That never happened in Melee ;)

Why is there an argument about this?

People don't want to be ranked because either
A) They don't care about the rankings - If they really didn't care why are they complaining?
B) They aren't ranked where they want to be - Step it up and get better
C) They think the panelists suck - Well why do you care about the panelists say then?

Makes no sense imo.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually Ryoko didn't want to be a part of the melee rankings so he can **** people with d-tilt charged upsmash.

:lick:

In general though Spam you are pretty much right. I guess I find it dumb that Inui is trying to force people to do something even if they don't want do be a part of it.

For example..... Dmbrandon doesn't want to be ranked for whatever reason but Inui wants him to participate in the rankings. And is saying DM has no choice in the matter.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

That never happened in Melee ;)

Why is there an argument about this?

People don't want to be ranked because either
A) They don't care about the rankings - If they really didn't care why are they complaining?
B) They aren't ranked where they want to be - Step it up and get better
C) They think the panelists suck - Well why do you care about the panelists say then?

Makes no sense imo.
QFT

Also QFT @ Atomsk.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't want a number next to my name, even if it's #1. I don't want people to base opinions on me because of a 5, a 10, or even a 1.

It's bull****.

If were going to rank people, we need to hold a REAL NJ circuit, and base the placings off of that, like every real sport does. All you ***gots do is compare each other. Play and have fun, you nerds.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What if Brandon entered something that wasn't a national event, but in another region? He'd be seeded like crap if he didn't have rankings for people to see.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
What if Brandon entered something that wasn't a national event, but in another region? He'd be seeded like crap if he didn't have rankings for people to see.
Good! I'm gonna fight the best person in Missouri. That should be hilarious.

Send me to cali. I'll HAPPILY fight DSF round 1. I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win, but I wouldn't care.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I hope I'm not entirely too late with this nonsense.

Mostwins
preferred name Botch
Brawl/Melee
County: Ocean
City: Brick
Contact Info: AIM :Botchisnot
College: None

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Haley, is your avatar Nagi Sanzenin? <3

Hayate no Gotoku is my second favourite anime. Very distance second. Zero no Tsukaima is too good.

Rie Kugimiya voices main characters in both of them. She's my favourite. I like her even more than Aya Hirano.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Actually, I can choose to not be listed, as proven by Wes in 2006.

I want nothing to do with you ***gots, judging your **** size by a smash ranking system.

Make the Rankings:

1. M2K
2. No one, Atomsk loses to Snake as d3, and Inui goes last hit with Robs. Spam is pretty good, but hates brawl and doesn't want to be listed.
3. **** off.
Also proven by Sensei and ryoko more recently.

Umm wtf is your problem? Who exactly do you have a problem with? I see you ended ***gots with an s so its more than just Inui. Im sure its not the whole community, so say what you got to say. If its the panelist, talk yo ****.
Where do you get off spazzing like rankings is the dumbest **** ever when you yourself were a panelist 2 lists ago, and you busted your a$$ tryna be ranked number 2 in NJ. You played, and you cared ALOT about where you were ranked, so why the hell are you goin nuts about the rankings right now? Who hurt you dm? Im really curious.

Edit- yea it def looks like ur talking about the panelists. DM Im gunna need u 2 stfu, n quit talkin **** about the people who make the list. U dont seem to be kidding so Im not taking being called a ***got a joke. Dont do it again.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Also proven by Sensei and ryoko more recently.

Umm wtf is your problem? Who exactly do you have a problem with? I see you ended ***gots with an s so its more than just Inui. Im sure its not the whole community, so say what you got to say. If its the panelist, talk yo ****.
Where do you get off spazzing like rankings is the dumbest **** ever when you yourself were a panelist 2 lists ago, and you busted your a$$ tryna be ranked number 2 in NJ. You played, and you cared ALOT about where you were ranked, so why the hell are you goin nuts about the rankings right now? Who hurt you dm? Im really curious.

Edit- yea it def looks like ur talking about the panelists. DM Im gunna need u 2 stfu, n quit talkin **** about the people who make the list. U dont seem to be kidding so Im not taking being called a ***got a joke. Dont do it again.
It was a generality, and aimed at Inui. Hercule's power level is gonna blow up, son, chill it. ^_~

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!Okkusenman!!

Urotrora Man Seven!!11!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I thought DM left brawl o well. (look at first 6 words) inui sucseeds. Also im mm yes so if i win that will make this even better to my argument.Ksizle honestly isnt that great enough to think im better than him chrome pirate never played but want to pierce i want to try a strategy on but for now hes better than me i believe umbra has never beaten me in a match never. bschung i have beaten consistantly. blue i heard sucks. i also hear izumi is actually good but i think im better.as for kai i have beaten him in tourny i cant decide on rookie. Ez and ether never really cared for and pride would most likely lose to me. this is i Kon.
Yo guys i'm really sorry for my yes undeserved cockyness i really dont care that much for brawl........naw jk but im really sorry to the people i trashed talk. as for being stupid or the laughing stock of NJ that really doesn't bother me. im just really sorry and should have said this earlier.:)

ikon! wrote this.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Yo guys i'm really sorry for my yes undeserved cockyness i really dont care that much for brawl........naw jk but im really sorry to the people i trashed talk. as for being stupid or the laughing stock of NJ that really doesn't bother me. im just really sorry and should have said this earlier.:)

ikon! wrote this.
I am still glad my Ganon ***** your ******* to the point in which it started to bleed.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
sorry izumi but tomorrow is gonna change everything!

aaasssuming i make it out of ammy bracket.. >_>

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I beasted in philly, that is all.
Philly is amazing. Pizza restaurants all over the place, no Chinese restaurants in sight. Me and Brandon's roommate, Nick, went on a journey of epic proportions to track down some Chinese food. My instincts eventually led us to a bustling train junction, in which we dined. Good times.

Top Bottom