• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So...host more south Jersey tournies? It's up to PA whether they want NJ players to be ranked or not, and it's up to NJ players if they want to be ranked in PA lol.
lol the entire community of south jersey cant rest on myself alone to run tournies there, especially when i dont live there. as a PA panelist i would not mind them being ranked in PA providing they meet expectations, but i wanted NJ's opinion on it since they live there.

No. Go back to your own state. It's like 1,000,000,000,000 square miles.
what?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol the entire community of south jersey cant rest on myself alone to run tournies there, especially when i dont live there. as a PA panelist i would not mind them being ranked in PA providing they meet expectations, but i wanted NJ's opinion on it since they live there.

what?
Well South NJ doesnt seem to be producing any complaints and if they were they can run their own shiet too xD

don't question dm's posts :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All of central NJ...well, really, pretty much the whole state, relies on me and Enemy Controller to keep the tournament scene active, and I/we just step it up and do it.

I'd prefer to keep NJ residents ranked in NJ.

Cia

das kwl
ok full results

1 RENO
2 Eggm
3 HBK
4 jigglymaster
5 g$
5 scar
7 hax
7 hazz
9 nintendude
9 lite
9 xyt
9 swiftbass
13 alukard
13 vex
13 canismash
13 dc
17 trademark
17 mikemoney
17 preq
17 scope
17 tuna
17 prog
17 zach
25 logik
25 xzax

omfg get at our crew battle ... always when we dont have a mic to record commentary the **** talk is epic lol

shout outs tmr when i get my voice back and i'm not dizzy from all the energy i used today >_> thanks everyone for coming again ... sry for holding it for so long again ... but i'm too nice =\

but 100% hax and g$ and hazz dont have the call in i'm almost there option anymore ... i'm sry again =[
apparently Jigglymaster *****. NOT dapuffster LOL

BEHR

Smash Hero
Sweet. :colorful:

You should teach me some things if I see you. :'D

Cause im a Scrub at Melee but I love it so much.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Ok now really, im visiting the topic about South Jersey not being ranked in NJ, ok you guys are stupid , first off im not letting a NJ player be ranked in PA who doesn't even live here partially. Even though NJ says you must attend 3 NJ tournaments to be ranked, thats stupid in South Jersey case because 1. They have no tournament host near them 2. They try to get around but its extremely hard and 3. There smash scence isn't big. And if you guys don't let any South Jersey players be ranked in NJ Brawl Rankings, because South Jersey Brawl isn't big, and they don't attend atleast 3 NJ tournies per season, your really dumb. Because know I have to deal with chibo telling me to rank Mexi in PA because this season hes attended 2 pa brawl tournies and 1 nj, and im not ranking a NJ player in PA. So grow some balls and talk it out with South Jersey and give them a chance, kay? kay.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ok now really, im visiting the topic about South Jersey not being ranked in NJ, ok you guys are stupid , first off im not letting a NJ player be ranked in PA who doesn't even live here partially. Even though NJ says you must attend 3 NJ tournaments to be ranked, thats stupid in South Jersey case because 1. They have no tournament host near them 2. They try to get around but its extremely hard and 3. There smash scence isn't big. And if you guys don't let any South Jersey players be ranked in NJ Brawl Rankings, because South Jersey Brawl isn't big, and they don't attend atleast 3 NJ tournies per season, your really dumb. Because know I have to deal with chibo telling me to rank Mexi in PA because this season hes attended 2 pa brawl tournies and 1 nj, and im not ranking a NJ player in PA. So grow some balls and talk it out with South Jersey and give them a chance, kay? kay.
First off, you only need 2 in state tournies and 1 OOS tourney to be ranked. I don't know where you read your rules from.

I'm not sure how far south jersey is from Inui's place but it can't be more than an hour and a half.

I've driven to NYC with traffic equally 3 hours, Picked up people then went to a Inui's tourney equalling 2 hours, and been to Maryland, Philly, and CT equalling at least an hour and a half to 5 hours each.

There's no excuse for south jersey people not being able to attend 2 NJ tournies at all over a period of 3 to 4 months. Take a train, bus, bum a ride, whatever but seriously, if someone is not able to go to at least 2 NJ tournies from south jersey then they are just being lazy or refuse to enter the NJ scene and play elsewhere and that's not the NJ panel's fault.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
ok idc really, but chibo wants mexi to be ranked in pa and hes a NJ palyer, if mexi somehow cant attend another NJ tourny, can u please reconsider letting him be ranked in NJ

Keitaro

Yeah, we definitely can. He just has to make his way to at least 1 more NJ tourney before Jan 17th meaning he would have to come to SWR's tourney this Saturday or Inui's tourney on the 17th cause those are the only ones I kmow in NJ of before the season ends.

Keitaro

Falco is #2 on Ankoku's list.
Although he is number 2, it makes no sense as seen here:

2 :falco: Falco (12 top8, 12 top4, 4 top2, 1 win) - 311.4 - 4

A Rank <Overused> 36.43%
3 :snake: Snake (19 top8, 16 top4, 6 top2, 4 wins) - 192.3 - 2

Snake has more top8s, top4s, top2s, and wins than Falco so I don't know how this was tallied. Same goes for DDD over Falco.

I think Ankoku messed up.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Although he is number 2, it makes no sense as seen here:

2 :falco: Falco (12 top8, 12 top4, 4 top2, 1 win) - 311.4 - 4

A Rank <Overused> 36.43%
3 :snake: Snake (19 top8, 16 top4, 6 top2, 4 wins) - 192.3 - 2

Snake has more top8s, top4s, top2s, and wins than Falco so I don't know how this was tallied. Same goes for DDD over Falco.

I think Ankoku messed up.
the points depend on how many participants were at the tourneys

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
driving to inuis from south jersey is about 2.5 hours, its quite a haul. philly tournies on the other hand are only an hour away. there arent many smashers down there, and none of them are able to make the ride that long due to either not having a car or work. the closest tourney that ever happens for them is impact, which are quite rare (and also not the best tourney to fight a variety of ppl for ranking purposes). philly on the other hand is either an hour by driving or a convinient train ride up.

it just doesnt seem right that when all the closest tournies to you are in another state why you cant just be ranked there assuming ur at atleast 3 tournies 2 of which are in that state (PA). he would be then competing the most with pa players on average, and already has impact on how pa players are ranked so why not include him there.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
South Jersey can host **** and stop *****ing or South Jersey can travel and stop *****ing.

Falco is #2 on Ankoku's list.
Falco's gayer than mk :)

LOL, i'm not entirely sure, but i think i'm entering my next bi-weekly as Rockin
Enter as Yes! :D

driving to inuis from south jersey is about 2.5 hours, its quite a haul. philly tournies on the other hand are only an hour away. there arent many smashers down there, and none of them are able to make the ride that long due to either not having a car or work. the closest tourney that ever happens for them is impact, which are quite rare (and also not the best tourney to fight a variety of ppl for ranking purposes). philly on the other hand is either an hour by driving or a convinient train ride up.

it just doesnt seem right that when all the closest tournies to you are in another state why you cant just be ranked there assuming ur at atleast 3 tournies 2 of which are in that state (PA). he would be then competing the most with pa players on average, and already has impact on how pa players are ranked so why not include him there.
Didn't even read this one lol...

South Jersey can host **** and stop *****ing or South Jersey can travel and stop *****ing.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
the train from my town to princeton junction....takes almost 3 hours. and i have to make the 4 mile walk to the stationfrom my house and then when i get to PJ i have to get a ride from PJunction to the venue....and i still make it at least twice.... south jersey needs to stop being so lazy.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
If mexi competes in pa and has enough tournies, he can be ranked there. Wtf do you even care xzax? If he going to take your spot or something? Isnt Pa like recruiting people for their rankings list anyway?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director

Chibo, I have no personal dispute with you, but this post is going to sound harsh.

That's bull****. From Cape May (the VERY southern tip of NJ) to Princeton is two hours and 15 minutes. To Philly is one hour and 40 minutes. If you're telling me that South Jersey can't take 35 extra minutes of their day (70 round trip, for all you readers who might not be capable of doing simple addition) to be ranked in the state (and that's provided that someone who doesn't show up to NJ tourneys regularly is good enough to get ranked in the first place), then they really don't deserve it. They clearly live in New Jersey, why rank them in PA?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Doom I have no personal dispute with you, but this post is going to sound harsh.

Stop being so d@mn sexy!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im sorry i was slightly mistaken, its 2 hours, not 2.5 from where we live in south jersey to princeton, i just mapquested it. and its an hour, or maybe an hour and 15 min to philly.

Top Bottom