• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
hey where can i find a screen protector for the touch screen? wouldnt mind buying one to decrease the amount of scratches my touchscreen gets. I didnt see them at gamestop.

:phone:
Try searching on amazon for some. I found some ones that go for as cheap as .01. (Minus shipping and handling.). I would have a link, but sadly I am on my phone.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I bought these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W5LLNY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

The cloths that come with it are **** though, they do not clean at all and instead shed more than a dog. Have a microfiber cloth ready btw. Also the top screen protector is really hard to get on, the holes for the speakers are literally the same size as the speaker holes so it's a pain to align it.

The bottom screen protector is good though. And if you screw up applying it you have 2 more chances before having to wash them.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Get some off eBay. Sooo much cheaper if you get one or two from China that have free shipping and everything.

Assuming you can wait 1-2 weeks for it to arrive. =P

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually so far my 3DS screen has stayed relatively good, even better than my old Gameboys and DS. Though with the latter, the Pokemon Ranger series did a number to it. lol

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ranger is the reason why I put a screen protector on my DS.

That was some crazy circling to be had. =P

Pokemon Ranger 3DS - If this happens, it would be nice to be able to use the thumbstick to do your circling instead of killing the touchscreen. :b:

M@v

Subarashii!
Right now I'm playing dream drop distance. Its pretty forgiving on the touch screen. worst I have to do with it is minigames for the dream eaters, but otherwise its not anything super abusive =P

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/new-super-mario-bros-2

A Mario game (currently) under an 80? This is 2012.
From what I've seen, the scores 80 and under are pretty fair.

It's funny cause Nintendo will make millions off of the game anyway. Minus well sell cardboard with "Mario" written on it.

I miss the multiple IPs that Nintendo put out games for, it's the reason I'm more on the Sony side even when they make poor choices.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, in all honesty, I see all the New Super Mario Bros. games as more or less expansions to the original DS title. I mean, the visuals are pretty much the same. The only real difference are the power-ups and stages. I feel the games shouldn't even be called "NEW Super Mario Bros." anymore.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, in all honesty, I see all the New Super Mario Bros. games as more or less expansions to the original DS title. I mean, the visuals are pretty much the same. The only real difference are the power-ups and stages. I feel the games shouldn't even be called "NEW Super Mario Bros." anymore.
From the reviews I've read this is pretty much the reason why the newest "New" Super Mario Bros game isn't getting the usual 9/10s.

Honestly, game critics review on a four point scale anyway.

I miss the multiple IPs that Nintendo put out games for, it's the reason I'm more on the Sony side even when they make poor choices.
Nintendo's always flooded the market with a ****ton of Mario games. Its just easier to notice now that we have the internet and our knowledge of games isn't limited to whatever Target/Walmart/where ever you got games as a kid had stocked at the time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This may sound weird, but one of the most useful Dream eaters in Kingdom hearts 3DS is "Komory Bat"

Odd, right, since it's Riku's first dream eater. But it casts some nice spells including gravity.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't own a 3DS or anything, but when I do get one eventually, KH will be one of the games I eye most.

But my problem seems to stem mainly from having a pet monster as an ally. I've never been a fan of this, and I'm also just a fan of having Donald and Goofy by your side. If not them, I'd prefer to solo.

Is there a way to not have a dream monster/eater everywhere you go?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a tyrannosaurus rex pet

How could you not want a tyrannosaurus rex

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just feel like monster pets in general do not add any element to the game. They hardly have any "character" or "depth" to them compared to an ally that can you know...talk, listen, and work with you outside battles.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Is there a way to not have a dream monster/eater everywhere you go?
Yes, you can choose to solo it, and heck, they even have an ability that let's you receive 0 Exp. if you want to do a lvl. 1 only run.

But the Spirits do give you abilities such as Leaf Bracer and Attack Boost, so you may want to show them some love. Also, there are a lot more enemies on screen at once than in previous KH installments, so the Spirits do help with crowd control.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also there are some really awesome ones. Every time I want a monster and work to get it, I have time to enjoy it. THAN something even cooler comes. Like a friggin' T-Rex.

It would be kind of difficult to fit Donald and Goofy into the game as sidekicks given the story, and the fact you switch between Sora and Riku.
and the fact you RUN into dream versions of them from their past.
But I guess blaming the story for something doesn't make a lot of sense. Because the story could simply have been made to match the mechanics. Or vice versa

finalark

SNORLAX
So I just got Kingdom Hearts 3D. Right now I'm on The Grid. So far I've gotten a sort of "been there, done that" feeling from this game. I'm hoping that will change when I hit up new worlds.

Also, I approve of the addition of a talent tree system. And is it just me, or does this game seem a bit harder than usual?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Club Nintendo removed the item I wanted as a reward for the gold nunchuk...

Dang it. I don't have the gold wiimote, so the gold nunchuk is worthless.

All my points are worthless now, since there is nothing I want.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The most hilarious thing ever

* The gold controller will simply be gold in color and will not contain any actual precious metals.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Why is Freakyforms so amazing.

I know it's for little kids but it's surprisingly fun.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Probably a sequel to The World Ends With You, or something related to it. At least that's what the techno music and the count down is hinting at.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Who likes teaser sites?

Who likes teaser sites that accidentally give hints before they're supposed too?

Siliconera article

I am now eagerly awaiting next sunday :)

Posting this here since I imagine this game would be for this console.
Probably a sequel to The World Ends With You, or something related to it. At least that's what the techno music and the count down is hinting at.
Queue orgasm

Seriously though, I loved TWEWY, and if this is a sequel (and it's extremely likely to be one given the elements shown) I will so hop on that train. I'm guessing with the success of TWEWY (not sure just how successful it was) paired with increased interest in the characters thanks to Kingdom Hearts 3D, it isn't surprising that they'd make a TWEWY follow-up.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
In case we needed anymore evidence that the site is going to show TWEWY something, the url on the teaser site has the word "subaseka." It's likely that it's just a shortening of he japanese title of TWEWY, which is Subarashiki kono Sekai (It's a Wonderful Life).

Wonder if they'll using new characters or settings. Also if the game is in a new setting, would that mean different rules for the Reapers Game, and possibly different gameplay all together...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I saw this last night, very hyped.

Need to see more first, we don't know what it really yet.

I might want to replay TWEWY again.

"A total of 901d 19h 24m have passed"

I forgot this game kept track of that.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
A new TWEWY game? Yes please. But I predict a new cast of main characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New Super Mario Bros 2 has the most awesome art I've seen in a mario game yet.

And even better, dry goombas and dry pirahna plants!

Top Bottom