• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey, guys, some unfortunate news:

http://kotaku.com/5936628/report-nintendo-power-shutting-down

After 24 years, Nintendo Power will be no more. I also posted this in the Wii/Wii U thread for those who don't frequent this one with
John2k4's permission.
I heard, which is sad since I was subscribed to them for a good 4-5 years.

I remember when they switched from being nintendo owned to future something. Was sad because they stopped making Nintendo Power Players guides.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I heard, which is sad since I was subscribed to them for a good 4-5 years.

I remember when they switched from being nintendo owned to future something. Was sad because they stopped making Nintendo Power Players guides.
Yeah, those guides were some of the best quality guides out there.

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I am kind of disappointed that New Super Mario Bros. 2 didn't feature Wario instead of Bowser due to the coin gimmick. It always did feel like a missed opportunity to do something a little different from the norm.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So for anyone hoping for a TWEWY sequel, unfortunately the surprise just turned out to be TWEWY getting ported to iOS.
http://andriasang.com/con2d5/twewy_ios/
Huh. I'd say that's akin to flicking a guy on the nut, over and over again. Not just any flick; that quick, light flick that just seems to hurt that much more than a direct kick. At least, that's how I'd like to see it.

finalark

SNORLAX
So. TWEWY. I just finished the second visit to Traverse Town in Dream Drop Distance. I have to say, it genuinely got me interested in the game. If I can find somewhere that has a copy I might pick it up.

That and I have the song that plays when you seal the keyhole stuck in my head. I'm going to assume its the main theme. Normally I'm not a fan of that kind of music but goddamn is that catchy.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Screenshots of the SMT IV trailer http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/27/shin-megami-tensei-iv-trailer-images-leak-out-onto-the-net/

Definitely getting a 3DS for this. Hopefully the video gets uploaded soon.
Can't wait to see the video.

The setting looks kind of like Nocturne and it seems to have a third person perspective. I certainly don't want just a Nocturne 2, so I can't wait to learn more about how the game plays.

It's going to be tough to wait for this to come out/get localized.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have a feeling that Shin Megami Tenshi IV is going to get a lot of confusion from fans used to the Persona and Devil Survivor games. Though I guess it's a good game for those familiar with the original series.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
SMTIV trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynm0dZ5mcTY&feature=player_embedded
Hope a localization won't be too far off from the Japanese one. But Atlus still needs to announce Soul Hackers for the US and also Eternal Punishment. Too bad the latter I don't see happening.
I have a feeling that Shin Megami Tenshi IV is going to get a lot of confusion from fans used to the Persona and Devil Survivor games. Though I guess it's a good game for those familiar with the original series.
I'm sure it'll be fine. Then again... people keep asking if there are social links in every non-Persona game, haha.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The trailer is cool, though it doesn't really reveal anything.

Maybe some time travel if I am going to speculate? The first half of the video looks like a completely different setting.

It shouldn't be that bad, the games are not really that different when it comes to some of the core mechanics. And they did have Strange Journey to show how different the main series is.

yani

Smash Lord
Amazon is currently offering RE:R for $20 and KH:DDD for $30. I'm tempted to buy one of 'em..

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, that's what the ad said LOL.
I don't understand why people do that sometimes. At least just buy the game and borrow a friend's 3DS, but don't go out and buy a whole console that you're going to just play for one game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ah, of course Phoenix Wright, I didn't search enough names. :/

I'll miss the still images, but it's obvious that they would want to make a better use of the 3D.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In before it takes a whole year to localize it and it will be plagued with DLC up the ***.

Sadly it will probably happen due to Capcom's track record lately.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I just registered a lot of games with Mario fan club. In all the virtual console titles I wrote in various ways that adding the gameboy color palettes would vastly improve the game.

I started out writing it nicely but after doing it so many times I ended up just writing, "Gameboy. Color. Palettes."

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, just a question for you guys. I saw on Kijiji an add for the "Blue Nintendo 3DS AMBASSADOR MODEL" with Mario Land 3D, Street Fighter 3D, and Pac Man...something for $110. Now, naturally that sounds pretty good, but I have NO IDEA what this "ambassador model" is, could somebody help me out with what, if any differences there are between it and the normal ones?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, just a question for you guys. I saw on Kijiji an add for the "Blue Nintendo 3DS AMBASSADOR MODEL" with Mario Land 3D, Street Fighter 3D, and Pac Man...something for $110. Now, naturally that sounds pretty good, but I have NO IDEA what this "ambassador model" is, could somebody help me out with what, if any differences there are between it and the normal ones?
It means it has ambassador games on it. Games not available to people who bought the 3DS after it decreased in price

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It means it has ambassador games on it. Games not available to people who bought the 3DS after it decreased in price

Oh sweet. I'm assuming you mean like NES, SNES, or Game Boy games or something, but that's still cool. Makes the deal sound better (assuming a picture of the console instead of the 3 games gets sent too). Much appreciated, man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Better, Gameboy advanced games. It also has some of those, but Gameboy advance games are the only ones that STILL aren't available to everyone else

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Hmmm, I have been wondering something lately. So the Wii U is coming out, as well as a brand new online experience. The Wii U can connect with the 3DS.

So will we be seeing an overhaul of the 3DS' online sometime in the future?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I can't recall the source, but I believe Nintendo did say they were going to vamp up the online with the 3DS so it can meet up and integrate with the Wii U's online system.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah I wanna hear Nintendo talk about the Nintendo network more.
I also them remember hearing that Nintendo would increase online ability.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I am gonna decide for myself how Nintendo's network works. I don't care how good they make it look good on paper. Fundamentally speaking, if I can't play my next Smash game with little to no lag, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Harada did say he's unsure how the Wii U's network works. http://www.destructoid.com/tekken-producer-on-wii-u-online-i-don-t-understand-it--235263.phtml
So it seems like we're not the only ones kind of in the dark.

I am gonna decide for myself how Nintendo's network works. I don't care how good they make it look good on paper. Fundamentally speaking, if I can't play my next Smash game with little to no lag, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Still,I wish the Wii U actually had a built in ethernet port to help connections. Not like I was counting on the majority to even use it though...

Top Bottom