• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Etrian Odyssey IV finally got a localization announcement. I still want that Persona 2:EP announcement though, even though I already own the original.
Yes, I've been waiting for this.

I just cleared up everything in EOIII the other day, and started up EOII.

I am ready for more hardcore dungeon crawling, I'm already thinking of what party I'll build. :3

I gotta say, I think it's kind of funny that this game gets 3D enemy models when SMTIV will have sprites. It doesn't bother me either way, but I would have thought that it would be Megaten that would go all out.

Then again we probably would have just had the same PS2 demon models anyway. :/

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I have a quick question

So I just bought a 3DS from a friend, but he didn't include the SD card. Am I still able to save game files?
I think there might be some amount of internal memory, but that is used for DSiWare games I believe. So you will have to buy an SD card. Luckily, SD cards are pretty cheap to buy, so you'll only have to drop about $20 more for a 2-4GB SD card. (I have a 4GB, and that is plenty of memory if you buy game cards all the time.)

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is angry birds on the 3DS? Didn't it's creator say he wants systems like the 3DS to die?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The creator also said consoles would die out, yet he put Angry Birds on the Xbox 360.......for 40 bucks.
Might as well make some money before the consoles die out . . . as to why he would put it on consoles when you can get the whole series for significantly less money is beyond me though. You're asking to lose money. He should've just released it as a PSN and XBLA release for $10-$15 with DLC to have better profits over it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have a quick question

So I just bought a 3DS from a friend, but he didn't include the SD card. Am I still able to save game files?
You don't need an SD card to play cartridge games, and I'm pretty sure it has a bit of internal storage anyway so unless you plan on buying a lot of eshop games it shouldn't be a problem.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Did they get rid of the whole "save your files to their respective game cards" thing from older DS games?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Na, I'm pretty sure the SD card is just there for your downloaded titles.

Unlike Sony who wants to bring back memory cards. For handhelds.
Don't forget you NEED SD cards to save the data for Street pass features. After all, it saves it as Extra Data to the SD card.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, 2 weeks to the day for when Zero Escape comes out.

I've been getting more hype as the days go on, though now the whole question people seem to be wondering is "Who do you think 'K' is?", even though I have only 2 theories that seem plausible, lol.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Anyone heard anything about Code of Princess? Tempted to pick it up, but I haven't heard much (or any) buzz about it.
I was actually thinking of getting it too. It looks good, and the fact it has online is definitely worth a look.

ndayday

BRoomer
Anyone heard anything about Code of Princess? Tempted to pick it up, but I haven't heard much (or any) buzz about it.
I got it
I've only tried the campaign so far. The fighting is fun but be warned that it gets REALLY laggy at times. Like I'm talking 1-2 second input delay. Other than that though it's pretty fun, I'm not that far but there's already a good mix of people to choose from and they're all unique.

Also the music is really good imo. And the voice acting is your typical English dub rubbish but luckily you can mute it. I like making the voices in my head better. :urg:

but yeah the lag is he only bad thing you'll hear about the game and it's the complaint I've seen in reviews.

also fan service to the max
the most ridiculous boob jiggles

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Frame rare drops to the point it is 1-2 second delay? Ummm, I'll pass. That's pretty bad for this day and age.

ndayday

BRoomer
You'll have to excuse me because I didn't realize that you could float like Peach with the character I was using. So I thought it was really bad lag but I was just floating lol.

That said I think there is a little bit of lag, but it's nothing as dramatic as 2 seconds or even 1 second. Either I got used to it in the 2 hours or so I've put in or it's not that bad.

overall I'd probably recommend it :0
(the artwork is really pretty too, just not in game)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
also fan service to the max
the most ridiculous boob jiggles
Instant buy. :troll:

I'm surprised about their being lag issues though. Still it definitely looks like a worthy buy, and I'm not all that big into Beat'm Ups (except for Final Fight, because of Mike Haggar is in it). lol

ndayday

BRoomer
Cool, good to know! Thanks, Nday!

I picked up a copy on my way home from work.
Cool, we should co-op or something :embarrass:
Instant buy. :troll:

I'm surprised about their being lag issues though. Still it definitely looks like a worthy buy, and I'm not all that big into Beat'm Ups (except for Final Fight, because of Mike Haggar is in it). lol
heh, I know right? You have to see the animation yourself though, it's kind of funny.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You'll have to excuse me because I didn't realize that you could float like Peach with the character I was using. So I thought it was really bad lag but I was just floating lol.

That said I think there is a little bit of lag, but it's nothing as dramatic as 2 seconds or even 1 second. Either I got used to it in the 2 hours or so I've put in or it's not that bad.

overall I'd probably recommend it :0
(the artwork is really pretty too, just not in game)
Lol. OK, so long as it isn't terrible. I am now seeking to buy this game again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just heard that ghosts and goblins is available through the eshop

I never got that game as a kid, but I heard it's HELL to complete. I think the worst hell I went through a game was trying to beat battletoads multiplayer.

Got to try it!

Edit: Cheetahmen needs to be released in the eshop.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that Psycho is well aware of Cheetahmen's level of quality.

And the Cheetahmen theme is awesome, period.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well I personally wouldn't want some complete POS game being priced for 5 bucks taking up space and time on the eShop. Cheetahmen is cool when you can enjoy it ironically for free but that's about it. It's bad enough that they made Urban Champion a 3DClassic

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I just heard that ghosts and goblins is available through the eshop

I never got that game as a kid, but I heard it's HELL to complete. I think the worst hell I went through a game was trying to beat battletoads multiplayer.

Got to try it!

Edit: Cheetahmen needs to be released in the eshop.
My tip for playing Ghosts and Goblins: GET THE KNIFE.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did get the knife.

But TBH, I didn't find the other weapons too bad.

I heard the fireball was horrible, but I've never missed with it.

I'm actually a little disappointed in the game after all the infamy it got. The red devils aren't that hard to kill, from what I found.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You have to beat the game two times in a row to get the true ending. Some of the later levels throw out a good chunk of enemies out at you.

It provides a challenge your first time through. However, it is still one of the more difficult games to beat in the NES era.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I already own GnG for my NES, but having it portable with an ability to save state is mighty appealing. So far I've made it to the second half of Lvl 3 before I rage quit due to all the Red Arremers. Also anyone hear about that Capcom GnG contest? It's kinda dumb to have when GnG has a hidden level select option and they can't prove whether or not someone used it. lol

Am also debating about getting Liberation Maiden, not in the sense of whether it's good or not, just whether or not I feel like spending some money.

UberMario

Smash Master
And the Cheetahmen theme is awesome, period.
Not to be a killjoy, but considering that every other music track found in Action 52 has been confirmed to be ripped from other games (aside from the intro, which samples a song that they also didn't make), it's likely that the Cheetahmen theme is taken from an as-of-yet-unrecognized game, too.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Am also debating about getting Liberation Maiden, not in the sense of whether it's good or not, just whether or not I feel like spending some money.
Liberation Maiden is actually pretty good. (Even though the game only has right handed controls, and I am left handed. -_- Arseholes forget that left handed people exist too. I should make a game that has left handed controls and force people to play it that way. That'll teach them. Mwahahaha.)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've been thinking about getting Liberation Maiden. Story looks silly, but whatever, gameplay looks fun, I've seen it get compared to the new Kid Icarus, which I have not played yet so I don't know how close they really are.

I'm want it to be really difficult.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I've been thinking about getting Liberation Maiden. Story looks silly, but whatever, gameplay looks fun, I've seen it get compared to the new Kid Icarus, which I have not played yet so I don't know how close they really are.

I'm want it to be really difficult.
You might want to start off on hard mode if you want a challenge.

As for saying it is like Kid Icarus, I don't see how, as they play completely different from one another. I did hear people say it is more like Panzer Dragoon though.

As for the story, there is not really one. You have just been elected the president of new japan, and you have to save old japan with your mech. The End.

Top Bottom