Cliff is letting smashers host tourneys at Gamelot again. The store has expanded quite a bit. Unlike the old monthlies or Final Smashes where we were crammed into "the closet", it's size has now multiplied. Believe me when I say that it's ****
7007 Bandera Road
San Antonio, TX 78238
There is a huge amount of places to get food that's within a mile from the venue. Church's, Subway, and Pizza Hut are all walking distance.
Phone: 210 324 4295
Events and Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
If there is time, we can hold another side event (Singles and Doubles would have to be close to finishing). We can vote on it at the tourney. I personally think it should be Low Tier dubs (we'll vote for what everyone wants). This is right before WHOBO and it's a legit chance to try out anything with your partner, like warmups.
12:00 - Doors Open/Doubles Registration Begins
1:00 - Singles Pools
2:00 - Doubles Begins
4:00 - Singles Begins
2:00am - Venue Closes
Try to be at the venue by 12:30. I'm not waiting for anybody who slept in D:<
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5% (5th and 6th will be played out)
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
Bring them. Derp.
But no really, I want to get at least 10-15 setups for this. Everyone knows that more setups = faster run tourneys
Gamelot has **** internet now, so this event can be livestreamed. If anyone has livestream equipment they'd like to bring, it would be greatly appreciated
I also want to have commentating. Like, legit stuff that you only see on melee videos. Talk to me if you'd like to do that.
Can't have much friendlies once the brackets get going. I know that includes MM's, which a buttload of people in Texas do all the time. There will be a seperate setup that will be dedicated just for MM's, which you can save your matches on. It'll have a paper for you to write down the details so that when I go through them later, I'll know who's who. They will be uploaded
We will be using the WHOBO 3 Ruleset, since this is only 2 weeks before it and pretty much everybody attending this will be there anyway.
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Everything else is banned, unless agreed upon by both players.
1. 3 stocks/8min
2. Items are set to "off" and "none"
3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once). The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.
Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon will be declared the winners.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule
ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).
Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)
Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.
5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX
I can house up to 25 people (5-6 carpools). I'm not sure if that's enough atm, so I am going to be asking for anybody from San Antonio to help out with this