• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 3 - Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikefest 3
Brawl

Cliff is letting smashers host tourneys at Gamelot again. The store has expanded quite a bit. Unlike the old monthlies or Final Smashes where we were crammed into "the closet", it's size has now multiplied. Believe me when I say that it's **** :)

7007 Bandera Road
San Antonio, TX 78238
(210) 684-0101

There is a huge amount of places to get food that's within a mile from the venue. Church's, Subway, and Pizza Hut are all walking distance.

Contact
Phone: 210 324 4295
AIM: Ax2ronsilver

Events and Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person

If there is time, we can hold another side event (Singles and Doubles would have to be close to finishing). We can vote on it at the tourney. I personally think it should be Low Tier dubs (we'll vote for what everyone wants). This is right before WHOBO and it's a legit chance to try out anything with your partner, like warmups.

Event Schedule
12:00 - Doors Open/Doubles Registration Begins
1:00 - Singles Pools
2:00 - Doubles Begins
4:00 - Singles Begins
2:00am - Venue Closes

Try to be at the venue by 12:30. I'm not waiting for anybody who slept in D:<

Payouts
Singles
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5% (5th and 6th will be played out)

Doubles
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

Setups
Bring them. Derp.

But no really, I want to get at least 10-15 setups for this. Everyone knows that more setups = faster run tourneys :)

Media
Gamelot has **** internet now, so this event can be livestreamed. If anyone has livestream equipment they'd like to bring, it would be greatly appreciated :)

I also want to have commentating. Like, legit stuff that you only see on melee videos. Talk to me if you'd like to do that.

Can't have much friendlies once the brackets get going. I know that includes MM's, which a buttload of people in Texas do all the time. There will be a seperate setup that will be dedicated just for MM's, which you can save your matches on. It'll have a paper for you to write down the details so that when I go through them later, I'll know who's who. They will be uploaded :)

Ruleset
We will be using the WHOBO 3 Ruleset, since this is only 2 weeks before it and pretty much everybody attending this will be there anyway.

NEUTRAL
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Lylat

COUNTER-PICK
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2

Everything else is banned, unless agreed upon by both players.​

1. 3 stocks/8min

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once). The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.
Housing
My house!
5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX

I can house up to 25 people (5-6 carpools). I'm not sure if that's enough atm, so I am going to be asking for anybody from San Antonio to help out with this :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Confirmed Housing with Nike

1. Mikehaze
2. Dphat
3. Denti
4. Batou
5. ALSM
6. Infinity

Confirmed Housing with Tofer (this is for when my house is completely full and you were too slow :p)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Before WHOBO?
Oh good hype will still be alive by the time this tournament starts.

Time to get 13th place and take some big names out!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Intriguing...

Nike.

Smash Hero
Redemption is happening, accept it.

We can decide on a side event to happen though (granted theres enough time, which I think there will).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Wish I could be here, but I'm gonna be on Bourbon Street during this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Falco I'm going to
not
beat down into dust for betraying his own kind.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nike, if you can't pay for part of the trip chances are they're not gonna go lol

Why Ohio, anyways? ;p

in any case I can't come but you guys are sorely mistaken if you think Ohio is gonna get exposed, lol

EDIT: Also, if Infern actually goes to this despite not being top four, I want to see him team w/ a strong OOSer like Dojo. Seeing Y.b.M./Kel/Blue/Shugo do so would be tight too, I just love watching Infern in teams lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
@nike you should increase the payout for redemption fyi

some players know they're not good enough to win money in regular singles bracket and choose to win singles in redemption, ruining it for everyone else. it could've happened at an OH tourney we did redemption at

i won more money than the ppl who made fifth at delta upsilon by placing 2nd in redemption, for reference

Nike.

Smash Hero
since redemption is 5 $ im guessing it gonna pay more than a refund? will the pay out be top 3?
Just spit balling here, but there's a chance that it's on the OP... maybe

Nike, if you can't pay for part of the trip chances are they're not gonna go lol

Why Ohio, anyways? ;p

in any case I can't come but you guys are sorely mistaken if you think Ohio is gonna get exposed, lol

EDIT: Also, if Infern actually goes to this despite not being top four, I want to see him team w/ a strong OOSer like Dojo. Seeing Y.b.M./Kel/Blue/Shugo do so would be tight too, I just love watching Infern in teams lol
It'll work out.

@nike you should increase the payout for redemption fyi

some players know they're not good enough to win money in regular singles bracket and choose to win singles in redemption, ruining it for everyone else. it could've happened at an OH tourney we did redemption at

i won more money than the ppl who made fifth at delta upsilon by placing 2nd in redemption, for reference
You bring up a terrific point. The Texas PR system has EVERYBODY in our state, so if people purposely lose to others just to make it to the Redemption bracket then they'd lose big points on our PR.

That's the only argument I can think of. If others feel like I should change the payout to more than top3 then I will do that.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Just spit balling here, but there's a chance that it's on the OP... maybe

It'll work out.

You bring up a terrific point. The Texas PR system has EVERYBODY in our state, so if people purposely lose to others just to make it to the Redemption bracket then they'd lose big points on our PR.

That's the only argument I can think of. If others feel like I should change the payout to more than top3 then I will do that.
top 3 is fine. dont pay out anyfurther than that

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
whats so great about topless women.

are u gonna have sex with them with your penis?

cuz looking at women naked is dumb

maybe im missing something.

oh wait is this brawl only tournament

women> brawl?

melee > women

wouldnt ur gf get mad?

i have alot of questions for you zigsta

women arent even good at smash

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
hmmmmm, i guess i need to see if the guys from kingsville r even going to have that tourney in march or not, if not we may go to this...maybe o.o

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh, and it's not til 11:30pm. This new tourney thread format that smashboards started using is annoying. Listing the proper ending time would make it seem like a 2-day tourney. -_-

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Oh, and it's not til 11:30pm. This new tourney thread format that smashboards started using is annoying. Listing the proper ending time would make it seem like a 2-day tourney. -_-
This.

Me and Shank need housing for this. Not sure if anyone else is coming with us.

Ohio gonna be free :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom