• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK's jab is pretty useless too but I suppose it doesn't go into the bad move category because he's MK and because it's still an awesome taunt when you just hold it down forever <_<

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
MK's jab is pretty useless too but I suppose it doesn't go into the bad move category because he's MK and because it's still an awesome taunt when you just hold it down forever <_<
It's probably his worst move, yes, but it does have its uses. You seemingly don't know how BAD Mario's DTilt and Sing are.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yes, but it does have its uses
It really doesn't, at best you can lock someone against a wall with it if they are unaware of how ridiculously fast they can DI out and punish you or in many cases hit you while they're getting hit. I'd consider all three moves worthless anyway, not saying that it's any worse...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, but it's hard to punish Meta Knight if he hits. He can end it quickly, normally. If the DTilt or Sing hit, the users are punishable after using it. If they hit you, you can hit back. <.<

etecoon

Smash Hero
but it's hard to punish Meta Knight if he hits
I've never had a problem with it, but I'd agree that sing is by far worse because it allows a much harsher punishment in many cases.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've never had a problem with it, but I'd agree that sing is by far worse because it allows a much harsher punishment in many cases.
Well there's a difference. If you get hit with Meta Knight's Jab, you won't have the time to punish him for it. If Sing or Mario's DTilt hit you, you can punish them for using it and hitting you, that's how bad they are. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sonic's gonna be MID TIER with all the cool kids like Peach and Fox.

Steak has been approved by Snake

"Tasty" proclaimed Snake, on top of his mountain of glory where he cyphered up there to get away from...
WAIT WHAT THE **** A SPRING? A GLIDING MOFO WHO'S BREAKING THE LAWS OF GRAVITY? NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And Snake tumbles and falls away from the heights of SS tier he almost peaked, grabbing Meta Knight's anti gravity *** along with him.

As Snake falls due to his heavy weight, he looks up, as he hears,
"You're too LOW"

Snake feels pain from being shafted by Steak, Springs and Sonic; but whilst scratching his chin anticipating his next move he realises...
"Oh wait, Sonic isn't Meta Knight, GRAVITY ACTUALLY AFFECTS HIM".

And hence Sonic falls from his SS Mountain to the hmm D or E tier, where he has tea with Sheik, Peach and Fox, realising that all this time the real fun times comes after brawlan with friends and chilling out afterwards with over TEA and crumpets.

...Snake wishes he could have tea; but he only has dynamite to brew (*******) >_<

But as Snake ponders his existance, wishing he was within Steak, he hears the phrase that sets his heart into a BEATING MOTION...
"COME"
Snake readies his god **** evil grenades...
"FIGHT ME"
Snake smiles with glee, realising he'll never be able to fit in and have a normal life, but as he sighs with the anticipation of the next TIER LIST, all he has to say is...

IT'S SHOW TIME!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
^ Where's Samus in that story? D:
"Samus took her clothes off!" realised Snake, admist the high flying action and tier position knock off royale!
And with the help of her tether she was able to grab onto Sonic's Spring and use the momentum and the reduction in fattyness to swing up to a higher place in the tier list, forever leaving her ugly clanging slow suit behind, to be used by the likes of Captain Falcon (the only one manly enough to fit in and use said suit; but it didn't help him: HE STILL SUCKS).

Browny

Smash Hater
Coz i know how you have to play **** near perfect to beat top tier characters with Sonic. Every single movementt has to have intent, you cant just throw out attacks at random to simply outrange/ourprioritise/outspeed other attacks. Thats not a trait of a mid-tier or higher character lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I dunno, isn't that similar to what other characters on the lower end of mid tier (of the current list, that is) would have? Bowser, Ike or Zelda, for instance. They're on the brink to Low Tier, in my opinion, and they have very similar traits to what you just described.

Browny

Smash Hater
Zelda has her lol smashes, thats all she ever needs. not many characters can punish her fsmash/usmash spam easily. and bowser has his fair fo upb oos. Sonic doesnt have any attacks with such speed or priority to easily beat other characters attacks, except his uair which only does 9% if both parts hit, as oppose to zeldas smashes etc. most character have at least some attacks they can safely spam all day (except maybe falcon, lucas, ganon)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Zelda has her lol smashes, thats all she ever needs. not many characters can punish her fsmash/usmash spam easily. and bowser has his fair fo upb oos. Sonic doesnt have any attacks with such speed or priority to easily beat other characters attacks, except his uair which only does 9% if both parts hit, as oppose to zeldas smashes etc. most character have at least some attacks they can safely spam all day (except maybe falcon, lucas, ganon)
If Zelda spams smashes, she generally gets *****. It just happens to be that her Fsmash shuts down a fair few of Sonics options.

Highly disappointed at the lack of a combined Zelda/Sheik. I would hope more than one or two backroomers would realise how much potential the combination has. I suspect they are still in the Melee mindset that there is no need to transform if you pick one of them, and you pick the other if you are suicidal.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
True, but to be fair, Fsmash and Usmash are really the main things that give her a chance in hell. I think Fsmash is safe on block vs. a fair bit of characters, actually.

Browny

Smash Hater
I thought that at first, but I realise it must seem odd, having a sonic main claim that he shouldnt be placed higher (mid tier high...) on the tier list :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Number of ATs doesn't neccesarily make a character better then others. Just look at Link.

But I'm pretty sure Sonic is going up, maybe not much, but still going up.

AHL

Smash Cadet
1.MK
2.Snake
3.Wario
4.Diddy

5.Falco
6.DDD
7.GYW
8.Marth
9.Lucario

11.Pikachu
12.ROB
13.Olimar
14.Kirby
15.Sheik/Zelda
16.Zero Suit Samus
17.Toon Link

18.Donkey Kong
19.Peach
20.Pit
21.Luigi
22.Wolf
23.Bowser

24.Ness
25.Fox
26.Sonic
27.Yoshi
28.Ike
29.Pokémon Trainer
30.Mario
31.Samus
32.Jigglypuff

33.Lucas
34.Link
35.Captain Falcon
36.Ganondorf

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
Number of ATs doesn't neccesarily make a character better then others. Just look at Link.

But I'm pretty sure Sonic is going up, maybe not much, but still going up.
Good point with link, I saw a vid on his ATs and I'm surprised he's not better than he is, is it just his recovery, or does nobody like using him?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Good point with link, I saw a vid on his ATs and I'm surprised he's not better than he is, is it just his recovery, or does nobody like using him?
Its probally both...

No one likes using him BECAUSE of his recovery...

but i can think of a few other reasons....

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
People don't like using him because of his recovery. Also in my opinion, mistakes destroy him a lot harder than most characters, because he has that fall speed to get him combo'd, the recovery to get him gimp'd, and the lag to get punished relatively easy if he can't have his way with you using his projectiles.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
People don't like using him because of his recovery. Also in my opinion, mistakes destroy him a lot harder than most characters, because he has that fall speed to get him combo'd, the recovery to get him gimp'd, and the lag to get punished relatively easy if he can't have his way with you using his projectiles.
Not to mention that you have to work you *** off to get a kill...

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
The developers should have made his tether reach from far away (like ZSS and in his own games). But even then tethers are gimpable >.<

Toon link had that leaf ... could have put that in, it would be like snakes recovery.

Give link wolf form; a whole new forum would open up on wolf link.

Edit: Too bad we can't return our SSB games and tell them to fix it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Let's not forget Donkey Bong, he gets ***** the most out of D3 and he's still up way ahead any of the other characters who get gayed by the same technique... which only affects them to a lesser extent.
ugh bowser is far worst then dk.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I should give my opinion of how I think the next tier list should look like.

Metaknight
Snake

Wario
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Falco
Mr.Game and Watch
Marth

Ice Climbers
Olimar
R.O.B
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Wolf
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Zelda/Sheik

Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Ike
Bowser

Jigglypuff
Samus
Link
Captain Falcon

Ganondorf

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
DK used to be like...high tier. What happened to that?

Edit: Ike can't be that low...Pit can't be that high. no other real gripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom