• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I don't see Sheik moving more then one spot.

Zelda going down? Sure. Sheik moving up a bunch? Not before Sonic.
Sheik's metagame has come on in leaps an bounds, mostly in the ways of kill setups and what her true combos are. Her attack speed and low knock back on some moves has set up a bunch of combos with the right decay. People are also getting better at keeping the Ftilt decayed enough for Ftilt => U smash tipper, which kills pretty early. She also has the GRUST on any characters she can force an air release on, which again can lead to sub 100% guaranteed (I think) kills on MK from a single grab, which is not improbable due to Sheik's speed.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
It actually wasn't intended.
Originally when the game was being tested, the tripping was considered a glitch.
However, Sakurai said that it was to remain in the game.
Proof or it didnt happen.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Proof or it didnt happen.
Why so serious?

Besides, I doubt that the character animations for tripping just magically appeared in the game and Sakurai said "I have no idea how that got there, but lets keep it!"

And as to your comment about tripping being random, I agree. Getting around 10+ wii's with the exact same hack is a bit difficult to do, though, considering they aren't all owned by the same people.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It actually wasn't intended.
Originally when the game was being tested, the tripping was considered a glitch.
However, Sakurai said that it was to remain in the game.
Please tell me that's a joke. A full animation and sound effect for a character falling on his arse/face can not be a freaking glitch.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Please tell me that's a joke. A full animation and sound effect for a character falling on his arse/face can not be a freaking glitch.
He probably meant that the testers saw the tripping and thought it was a glitch, expecting Sakurai's team to correct it before it was released, but Sakurai knew all along that it wasn't a glitch and since he didn't hear complains about it due to how rare the occasional tripping must've been to them (some characters are airborne practically during the whole match), he decided it was a good idea and kept it in the game KNOWING that it wasn't a glitch, but something he decided to add to make the game an even bigger casual experience.

Just my thoughts.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Why so serious?

Besides, I doubt that the character animations for tripping just magically appeared in the game and Sakurai said "I have no idea how that got there, but lets keep it!"

And as to your comment about tripping being random, I agree. Getting around 10+ wii's with the exact same hack is a bit difficult to do, though, considering they aren't all owned by the same people.
Internet is serious business.

And I agree with getting hacked wiis. Hell, I'm not even comfy getting my wii hacked yet due to 4.0 problemos, but I do believe that when possible, no tripping should be used as much as it can.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If possible, No Tripping should be allowed for at least finals. I doubt anyone here would claim that the M2k vs Ally set would have been better if it hadn't been played with the No Tripping code.

...oh right, we're talking about a tier list.

Falco sucks imo

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
people shouldnt be allowed to talk about characters whose hardest match is their main

playing kirby is obviously going to give you a skewed idea of how good/bad falco is

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sheik.....curious. How many people think she'd move more than like...2 in either direction? I think it's a movement of 3 or 4 for Sonic personally. Although I'll admit to some personal bias.

CO18

Smash Hero
Dedede's dropped like 20 spots now because he can trip when chaingrabbing which gives him a major disadvantage vs chaingrabable characters. Just a Head's up

REL38

Smash Lord
I came to this thread to debate about Brawl and Tiers and everyone's talking about tripping like we're in June '08.

. . . sigh
Have you seen that one top IC player mess up the chain grab and die because he tripped?
Or that one pro D3 player trip and fail the necessary chain grab on snake??
How about that one Snake player who lost the set because he tripped while tech chasing???
And that one . . . wait minute . . . that never happened.

Tripping does nothing when it comes to the tiers.

I think IC's, Jiggs and TL might be making a good advancement on the list. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some toss up in the higher tiers (excluding MK).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Have you seen that one top IC player mess up the chain grab and die because he tripped?
Or that one pro D3 player trip and fail the necessary chain grab on snake??
How about that one Snake player who lost the set because he tripped while tech chasing???
And that one . . . wait minute . . . that never happened.
Wow, way to miss sarcasm

Smooth Criminal

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yea, I kinda agree about Snake. On the gimping scale, he's probably right behide the tether....ers.

But then again I main Sonic, Kirby, & PT and Sonic/Kirby can practically live offstage with no problems. And Lizard Spikes.

But I really don't think that's enough to make him go down. I mean look at Falco & Dedede. Falco can just get punished/edge guarded & Dedede is punish/spike bait.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Snake is not going down. The only place Snake can go is up since he is the one that gave everyone hope.

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
I think the Random character should be included in the tier list, for all those people who main the random character. It'll probably be in the G tier... but still above Falcon and Gannon. xD

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
lol am I the only one who kinda likes tripping? I thought it added an interesting unpredictable dyanamic to the game.

sorta like "critical hit" from pkmn.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I think the Random character should be included in the tier list, for all those people who main the random character. It'll probably be in the G tier... but still above Falcon and Gannon. xD
While we're at it, we should get a random board over in the character boards. That would be awesome.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Snake will still be at top because the tier is based off of matchups and tournament results...and Snake still kicks *** and his tournament results are still wicked awesome.

I personally think Wario is going to move up to A Tier (I believe he's in B) and also I expect Zero to move up a few spaces.

Also, The 5S I think is Sheik, Samus sucks and I've never really heard of a dominant sonic tournament scene, at least locally or in tournament videos.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
With its varying levels of power, speed, and overall viability, and its MUs, I would say that Random Character is Mid Tier. Like smack in the middle.

Also, The 5S I think is Sheik, Samus sucks and I've never really heard of a dominant sonic tournament scene, at least locally or in tournament videos.
LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom