• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's anticlimactic (and explains why it took so long).

Oh well, it was fun to be back speculating about new, tangible official content even just for a short while.

But now that ultimate is, finally, completely finished (bookmarking this just in case...), we can focus completely on the next game... again.

I do get the feeling we might not need to wait that long though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Endless Ocean wasn't a part of this.

Stingray confirmed.
The SMRPG remake wasn't part of this. Geno confirmed :V
Okay, so Alear's moveset has been leaked: They'll summon Bandana Dee for their neutral special, Geno for their side special, and a stingray for their up special.

Now what could their down special be?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, so Alear's moveset has been leaked: They'll summon Bandana Dee for their neutral special, Geno for their side special, and a stingray for their up special.

Now what could their down special be?

Horse Man from Everybody 1-2 Switch didn't get a Spirit.

I'm sure everyone will jump with joy when he is clearly, certainly, absolutely revealed as a newcomer in Smash 6. People will flood the streets in celebration.
Oh right, that's Alear's down special. Weird moveset, but I guess they're really desperate for a new FE character to be less controversial.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Horse Man from Everybody 1-2 Switch didn't get a Spirit.

I'm sure everyone will jump with joy when he is clearly, certainly, absolutely revealed as a newcomer in Smash 6. People will flood the streets in celebration.
His name is Horace.

You need to treat him with respect or he'll show up at your house at 3 in the morning.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
sigh Okay, remade the whole thing cause of Little Mac, and it's a good thing I did, cause I accidentally skipped an entire row.

How'd you get a lopsided roster with this maker? I've been trying to make one that isn't just a perfect square but there doesn't seem to be an option.
That was the photoshop part. I just drew a black box over the slots I didn't use.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Not gonna lie, this feels very anticlimactic. Would have loved something more out of the blue like a couple of 3rd parties but it is what it is.

Also no FE Engage. Oh well, I'm not reading anything into that.

I'm totally reading it as Alear being saved for base roster in Smash 6. I know what I'm getting myself into. Don't @ me.

7NATOR

Smash Master
On a Serious Note, If Development on the Smash is Underway, I do have to wonder if Engage and Forgotten Land (Especially engage) being missing is Very Deliberate. I'm starting to think that Alear might be coming to Smash pretty soon

If that's the Case, I think Noah and/or Mio might get DLC'D, and maybe Gen 9 as well. On Conspiracy stuff also, Engage I believe was actually done in 2021, even though it Came out in 2022, So if Alear is in, and Noah/Mio and Gen 9 are not in, That would most likely make the Finalization of the Roster sometime in 2021

Is it the final spirit event?
Well noting in the Spirit event would seem to imply the need to take down Mod Videos. Personally I'm thinking we might be getting Some Smash news soon, because they probably don't want Mod Videos to confuse people when they Announce New Information

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Spirits truly mean nothing if we're being real. When Sora's amiibo released, Sakurai said his work on SSBU "is done", before this final spirit event was even announced. So he clearly doesn't even think spirits are worth deeming as "work". They're just a fun extra that the team threw in to throw a bone at some newer releases. They don't mean anything more than that and if you think they do you genuinely need a break from speculation.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I joke but yeah the spirits probably don't mean anything for the future

OR THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK AND WE ARE GETTING A 3RD FIGHTERS PASS WITH ALEAR, MATTHEW, VIOLA, UNDYNE AND CARBY

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I joke but yeah the spirits probably don't mean anything for the future

OR THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK AND WE ARE GETTING A 3RD FIGHTERS PASS WITH ALEAR, MATTHEW, VIOLA, UNDYNE AND CARBY
.....****, now I want Car Mouth Kirby as a fighter.

I don't care how it's supposed to work, I just want it.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Yeah I don't think the spirits mean anything (That spoiled part of my post was obviously in jest, hence the spoiler). I've been speculating about Smash since I first saw Smash 64 in a Nintendo magazine, I know very well what I'm getting myself into when I talk about these things. It's all in good fun.

That said when the character support threads reopen I fully expect the "Spirit Theory" to be part of the speculation, and if people want to do that, let them. It's all part of what makes Smash discussion, well, Smash discussion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Barring the obvious third parties and the obligatory Pokemon...

Weren't all the new spirits from first party franchises?

Like, not a collaboration with a studio that Nintendo doesn't own like HAL or Intelligent systems. I think everything else is wholly Nintendo owned. Splatoon, Zelda, Mario and Pikmin are made by Nintendo's own studios and Monolith Soft is wholly owned by Nintendo.

Maybe that's why we got what we got. It would explain no Engage, Forgotten Land or Another Code.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Barring the obvious third parties and the obligatory Pokemon...

Weren't all the new spirits from first party franchises?

Like, not a collaboration with a studio that Nintendo doesn't own like HAL or Intelligent systems. I think everything else is wholly Nintendo owned. Splatoon, Zelda, Mario and Pikmin are made by Nintendo's own studios and Monolith Soft is wholly owned by Nintendo.

Maybe that's why we got what we got. It would explain no Engage, Forgotten Land or Another Code.
I know it's not intentional, but there's something inherently funny about saying on the order of "barring any examples of the contrary, X".

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think the exclusion of Fire Emblem and Kirby was due to "Post-Sora, Nintendo Switch games that aren't Mario or Scarlet/Violet" only being the theme of one wave. Tears of the Kingdom and Splatoon 3 were too noteworthy to exclude. Pikmin 4 had been anticipated for a decade prior and was a surprise success in 2023, so its inclusion also made sense. Xenoblade 3 probably got the last spot because rounding out Xenoblade by adding the final game in the trilogy was more important than increasing Kirby and Fire Emblem's diverse representation.

Had we gotten another wave like the first, my guess is we would have gotten Alear, Car Mouth, Sports Mate, and maybe a spirit from Bayonetta 3 or Origins.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
But yeah on the topic of music, the way Ultimate handles music, while overall I'd say it's positive, but it also leads to a few problems.
Yeah one of the biggest issues of ultimate is that remixes arent orderd but composers just do them when they want!
... Bandai NAMCO composers which lead to kirbys crowned not getting a remix when itz was probably planned!

Also i think in general some franchises struggle with a balance of Battle and Field Music Pokemon has almost only battle themes Zelda has only 3 yes 3 pure Battle themes Zelda doesnt even have a generic boss theme or a miniboss one!
Mother also has only 2 battle themes in one remix! I get that some sample songs but still sanctuary guardian and a battle medly would round out tzhe selection!

I also hate it when a theme is already in the game and than it gets in the game again with another theme attached that doesnt have its own song!
God i wish there was a lone Onett, ghirahim or oot miniboss theme!
Why do we nmeed winters (night) when snowman is already in the game?
Why is green greens variations attached to songs who dont have them? Like of course green greens is in modern boss themes its a part of those songs but why is hero returns slapped onto the end of the marx remix?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Everyone is here but with those long-winded disclaimers you see in medical commercials
Do not take Everyone Is Here-icol if you are pregnant, operating heavy machinery, or only like 10 of the characters on SSBU's 82 character roster.

I know this is late, but I just thought of this.

Top Bottom