• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Also also Please smash 6 fix the english bias just translate the song names, and give me the option to have the characters speak japanese!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also also Please smash 6 fix the english bias just translate the song names, and give me the option to have the characters speak japanese!
Your Ike will be a teenager’s raspy impression of Shadow the Hedgehog and you will like it! :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Your Ike will be a teenager’s raspy impression of Shadow the Hedgehog and you will like it! :4myfriends:
As much as I love Ike’s games, I don’t think he’s ever had a good voice. My friend and I used to laugh at “I fight for my friends” and his death cry in Brawl. His silly voice kind of made him more endearing in a way though.

The funniest voice in Ultimate is Wolf’s new down taunt. I’m not sure what they were going for with that but I feel like it didn’t achieve the intended effect. I’m not a fan of Pokemon Trainer’s new voice but at least they fixed Smash 4 Fox.

Last edited:

ScrubReborn

Smash Apprentice
I miss when Marth and Roy spoke Japanese. Like, I get why they did it but hearing them in English sounds wrong to me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I almost always prefer English voice acting as a rule but I really miss Fox’s Melee voice
I don't get why we had to listen to TORYA and MISSION COMPREE if they had the Star Fox Adventures VAs do lines for Melee.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Videospiel-Man isnt a spirit!
I don't want to be rude, truly, I don't - but please stop trying to force your OC into every conversation. You do this constantly. We can all read your signature if we're interested in your project.

This is a Smash speculation thread. Your character is irrelevant to the conversation.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Do not take Everyone Is Here-icol if you are pregnant, operating heavy machinery, or only like 10 of the characters on SSBU's 82 character roster.

I know this is late, but I just thought of this.
I genuinely don't get the "only liking 10 characters out of the roster" jokes, can someone explain? 😭

I'm very picky with the chars I like but 10 out of 89 seems insane, and at that point why even be a proponent of an everyone is here rehash?

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I don't get why we had to listen to TORYA and MISSION COMPREE if they had the Star Fox Adventures VAs do lines for Melee.

Because it was cheaper to not have dub recordings if they weren't absolutely necessary (i.e. :jigglypuffmelee: having an entirely different name and thus can't be saying "Purin").

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I genuinely don't get the "only liking 10 characters out of the roster" jokes, can someone explain? 😭

I'm very picky with the chars I like but 10 out of 89 seems insane, and at that point why even be a proponent of an everyone is here rehash?

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this.
Darth wants EIH to happen forever and ever despite disliking a big chunk of the roster.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean I assume he wants them separated (Don't get that personally it's what makes Trainer cool) because he did the same for Pyra and Mythra which like objectively doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I know.

I was just mentioning Pokemon Trainer in case that character needed to be mentioned, that is all.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Am I the one who would have Tetris itself as a humanoid made of the 7 main blocks if it was a fighter?

Like this:
tetri.jpg
tertis.jpg

(Could somehow mix both of them, connected mode and free-floating mode)

There's lots of possibilities with the body shape, make it jumble up style mismatching its body all over the place to throw hands shapeshifting nilly willy.

(Also, the infamous T-spin as one of its attacks)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Am I the one who would have Tetris itself as a humanoid made of the 7 main blocks if it was a fighter?

Like this:
View attachment 386700View attachment 386702

There's lots of possibilities with the body shape, make it jumble up style mismatching its body all over the place to throw hands shapeshifting nilly willy.

I was honestly thinking something like that myself from some time before.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Why do you think R.O.B. never got a stage?
Maybe the development team just couldn't think of any ideas that "worked" in their heads from Gyromite or Stack-Up so they just settled for his home stage being some other "retro" stage (Mario Bros., Balloon Fight, Wrecking Crew, etc.)? /shrug

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Why do you think R.O.B. never got a stage?
Could be because he is viewed more as a toy than a video game character. Or maybe resources were crunched during Brawl so they couldn't get a stage for him and then him getting a stage became even lower priority in Smash 4 and Ultimate. I'd be happy for him to get one though.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Darth wants EIH to happen forever and ever despite disliking a big chunk of the roster.
Hell yeah I do!

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and make sure they were never added. But since they were added, they're here forever!

Well clearly not since he cut Squirtle and Ivysaur lol
They weren't cut. They were evolved!

Maybe Pokemon Trainer, too, I may add.
Nah. Instead, each Pokemon gets their own Trainer. Charizard gets Red. Venusaur gets Leaf. Blastoise gets Blue. etc.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord

Like this:

I originally envisioned Tetris fighting like this, but honestly I would prefer if it was just an ethereal entity comprised of four glowing cubes that constantly rearrange themselves into the 7 shapes, and other formations as well.

It would give a unique energy to the character that nobody else on the roster would have, and having a completely non-humanoid fighter makes this the preferable approach in my eyes. Having something completely alien like that would be super dope.

Besides, having Tetris fight as an assembly of blocks would be more faithful to what Tetris is, rather than the humanoid approach.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
What are you talking about?
The Wario series has two series of video games as it is known, one is Wario Land and the other is WarioWare. From the Wario Land series no other games appeared after the last game "Wario Land: Shake It!" which was released on the Wii, while from the WarioWare series they still appear to this day.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
They weren't cut. They were evolved!
This objectively makes no sense. "Squirtle" and "Ivysaur" in the context of Smash are their own entities that are tied to certain moves and attributes. Their evolutions would be totally different characters, as Pichu is to Pikachu.

It doesn't matter if you're canonically the same entity as someone else in Smash. If your name is on the CSS, you're your own character. Dr. Mario and ZSS would be cut if you removed "Dr. Mario" and "ZSS" from Smash, even if Mario and Samus will always exist.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The Wario series has two series of video games as it is known, one is Wario Land and the other is WarioWare. From the Wario Land series no other games appeared after the last game "Wario Land: Shake It!" which was released on the Wii, while from the WarioWare series they still appear to this day.
I mean, I know that, but your post was completely unrelated to the conversation being had nor did you introduce it with a clear intent of changing the topic or presenting an actual point of discussion. You just kind of randomly dropped a little factoid with no context.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
However, regarding R.O.B. indeed they should have given it its own stage a long time ago and preferably inspired by Gyromite because for Stack-Up I don't think it would be that interesting, but you never know.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
However, regarding R.O.B. indeed they should have given it its own stage a long time ago and preferably inspired by Gyromite because for Stack-Up I don't think it would be that interesting, but you never know.
So, what you're saying is, that compared to Gyromite, it wouldn't- Stack Up? :4pacman:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Like this:

My personal pick at one point was Tee from Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Last edited:
Top Bottom