• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, here's mine. My emotions and opinions can be a little hard for me to pin down, so this might change later, but for now, I think this is alright.

Favorite Game of all Time: Hollow Knight
Favorite Series: Xenoblade Chronicles
Best Soundtrack: Guilty Gear -Strive-
Favorite Protagonist: War (Darksiders)
Favorite Villain: Mobius D (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Best Story: Xenoblade Chronicles
Have not Played (but want to): Hi-Fi Rush
You Love, Everyone Hates: Piranha Plant in Smash?
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Paper Mario Color Splash's writing
Best Art Style: Hi-Fi Rush
Favorite Ending: Super Mario Galaxy
Favorite Boss Fight: Bowser (Super Mario Galaxy)
Childhood Game: ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal
Relaxing Game: Minecraft
Stressful Game: Pikmin 4
Game you Always Come Back To: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Guilty Pleasure: Pokémon Shield
Tons of Hours Played: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do the playtesters have to sign an NDA?
The answer is yes

Noipoi

Howdy!
The bandwagon! I must hop on the bandwagon!

Favorite Game of all Time: Undertale
Favorite Series: Pokemon
Best Soundtrack: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Favorite Protagonist: Don't make me choose!
Favorite Villain: Bowser (Super Mario) or GLaDOS (Portal)
Best Story: Undertale
Have not Played (but want to): Pikmin series
You Love, Everyone Hates: Does Incineroar count?
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Xenoblade series (I don't hate it, but everyone seems to love it while it's definitely not for me)
Best Art Style: Splatoon series
Favorite Ending: Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
Favorite Boss Fight: King Dedede (Kirby and the Forgotten Land)
Childhood Game: Pokemon Black/White
Relaxing Game: Super Mario 3D World
Stressful Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Game you Always Come Back To: Donkey Kong Country 2
Guilty Pleasure: Sonic the Hedgehog series
Tons of Hours Played: Pick any Pokemon game:nifty:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright, here's mine. My emotions and opinions can be a little hard for me to pin down, so this might change later, but for now, I think this is alright.

Favorite Game of all Time: Hollow Knight
Favorite Series: Xenoblade Chronicles
Best Soundtrack: Guilty Gear -Strive-
Favorite Protagonist: War (Darksiders)
Favorite Villain: Mobius D (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Best Story: Xenoblade Chronicles
Have not Played (but want to): Hi-Fi Rush
You Love, Everyone Hates: Piranha Plant in Smash?
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Paper Mario Color Splash's writing
Best Art Style: Hi-Fi Rush
Favorite Ending: Super Mario Galaxy
Favorite Boss Fight: Bowser (Super Mario Galaxy)
Childhood Game: ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal
Relaxing Game: Minecraft
Stressful Game: Pikmin 4
Game you Always Come Back To: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Guilty Pleasure: Pokémon Shield
Tons of Hours Played: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
I need to try Darksiders again. I love the character design in those games. I played the second game back when it came out but I got stuck on a puzzle. Death is one of the coolest character designs I’ve seen and War is really cool too.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So after playing Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom for some time, I need to mention again on how much a new crossover-based Hyrule Warriors game needs to happen. And that it'd be great if in the next Smash game, Zelda gets an alternate based around her Echoes of Time look. Either the cloaked look or her Royal Travel outfit or even both would be great to see.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What do you guys think of this video?
I agree with some placements, but fundamentally I disagree with the thought process of almost every character being required to be more reference heavy and moreover to reference modern games.

I think Smash should first and foremost represent the fantasy of the character more than pulling direct moves. For example, Link he think requires a heavy overhaul, that pulls from not just his modern games, but all future games going forward, leaving toon/young link to inherit the base Link "style". I agree that I would change him, but doing so by just pulling references like manifesting a car from totk is incredibly goofy and dates him extremely hard to this specific era. I want to play as Link, Swordsman of Legend, not an ad for the most recent game, nor Smash's soccer kick/boomerang tosser. To that end I'd make him focus more on the sword n board.

I don't think any interpretation is wrong, just that I have different preferences.

EDIT:
Also Shulk is lame as **** in Smash, please change him. Mockrock glazes over it since he's not familiar with XC but imo, his representation here is as offensive as someone like Sonic.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
1728612442324.png

Obscure characters are so cool, bros.

Not even just retro characters, I'm talking all characters of Nintendo's history that've been overshadowed or gradually phased out over time. I'd love to see more of them join the battle, it's always nice to be introduced to new series from Smash.

Newcomer discussion always revolves around big-name first parties (and especially big-name third parties among the general public) so I just wanted to make a silly meme for the little guys.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 395090

Not even just retro characters, I'm talking all characters of Nintendo's history that've been overshadowed or gradually phased out over time. I'd love to see more of them join the battle, it's always nice to be introduced to new series from Smash.

Newcomer discussion always revolves around big-name first parties (and especially big-name third parties among the general public) so I just wanted to make a silly meme for the little guys.
Give me Dillon or give me...

Well not Dillon I guess.

But please give me Dillon.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
View attachment 395090

As a former DeMille supporter, I for one salute you for including him in this collage.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 395090

Nintendo give me Captain Rainbow, Esna and/or Anyone from Codename S.T.E.A.M. and my life is yours

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
View attachment 395090

I'm always gonna be on that heavy copium for Starfy and T-Rex I think, even if they're not likely lmao

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 395090

Begging for more Fossil Fighters content next game, doesn't even have to be a character, I'd take a boss or a stage or anything, it's such an underutilized series. Rainbow Canyon would be gorgeous in HD I need it desperately.

PersonAngelo53

Smash Rookie
View attachment 395090

Well, I got a few niche most wanted characters myself tho they are mostly third party. They are:

Monokuma from Danganronpa.
Rean Schwarzer from Trails of cold steel. (Actually any Trails of character I be happy with for that matter).
Saber from Fate Stay night.
Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club.
Reimu from Touho Project.
Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo.
Neptune or Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
And Pyramid head from Silent Hill.

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 395090

Still hoping for Custom Robo someday. I was happy that it got a Mii Costume, but someday I hope I play as Ray MKIII or my favorite version of the Ray series from the game that introduced me to the series.
Ray01.png

Man, I miss this series and wish it was continuing.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I agree with some placements, but fundamentally I disagree with the thought process of almost every character being required to be more reference heavy and moreover to reference modern games.

I think Smash should first and foremost represent the fantasy of the character more than pulling direct moves. For example, Link he think requires a heavy overhaul, that pulls from not just his modern games, but all future games going forward, leaving toon/young link to inherit the base Link "style". I agree that I would change him, but doing so by just pulling references like manifesting a car from totk is incredibly goofy and dates him extremely hard to this specific era. I want to play as Link, Swordsman of Legend, not an ad for the most recent game, nor Smash's soccer kick/boomerang tosser. To that end I'd make him focus more on the sword n board.

I don't think any interpretation is wrong, just that I have different preferences.
This is kinda where I've been going with my thoughts on how characters should be. I do think to this end there's some references that absolutely need to be made, but having more isn't necessarily better. They just need enough to keep them from feeling dated, and of course, they should all be in service to that character's fantasy.

EDIT:
Also Shulk is lame as **** in Smash, please change him. Mockrock glazes over it since he's not familiar with XC but imo, his representation here is as offensive as someone like Sonic.
I think I'm a minority here, but I think Shulk is...fine. Like, there are some definite problems, but I don't think they're super fundamental to him, and I don't have the same hangups about how the Monado Arts were implimented that every one else seems to.

I do understand why the Monado Arts feel weird; Buster is actually Enchant, Shield is actually Armour (well...depending on how you look at it it kinda acts as a fusion of the two), Speed takes mechanical liberties, but acts like it does in cutscenes, and Jump and Smash are both wholly made up. Buster acting the way it does is weird because it's a very iconic attack, but having it not show up would probably be worse (one could argue it could have been put in Chain Attack, but I digress), and they clearly wanted to make sure the Monado Arts all did the same thing so you could understand them better. With that in mind, Shield and Speed were implimented pretty organically, and the made up ones are fine since nothing else would have served that purpose, though it does kinda suck that he doesn't have access to Purge.

My main criticism with the Monado Arts is that they're kinda directionless as to what they offer Shulk. They each have their pros and cons to using them, but they don't really change his strategy in an interesting way, instead favoring making his stats absolutely busted in a certain direction. If I had my way:
  • Buster would up Shulk's damage more by allowing him to do really fancy combos instead of just upping his damage in exchange for his attacks having so little knockback that they're punishable on hit sometimes. If his range were reduced in this form as a result, I'd take that tradeoff too.
  • Shield, rather than just turning him into a Heavy with no damage, would increase Shulk's options in close quarters combat. Things like turning Air Slash into a reversal and/or giving him a faster jab. It would be a mode you'd want to be in against rushdown characters rather than being relegated to a panic button. And yeah, the amount of knockback resistance it gives you would have to be lessened in exchange. On the other hand, his speed drop would probably also need to be lessened for that to work as well, which would be another bonus.
  • Speed would boost Shulk's mobility and give him access to more movement techniques that allow him to get away from opponents and open them up easier rather than overwhelming opponents by being way faster than he has any right to be. I'd also like to make his dodges have extra i-frames against projectiles as a nod to how it works mechanically in the source material.
  • Jump would be mostly the same, but with some more niche and difficult to excecute combos that can K.O., giving him a reason to use it outside of recovering, and allowing for a bit more skill expression. It would also give him options aside from risking it all with Smash.
  • Smash would pretty much go unchanged as well.
I would also like to see Vision become a bit more interesting than just "if you hold forward it sends behind him and it's a little stronger, but it arbitrarily only works on the ground". What I would do there is throw in a few more Monado Arts. When you successfuly initiate the counter, you're given a modified Monado Art wheel with Buster (the normal Buster art is now called what it is: Enchant), Sheild (the normal Sheild art is now called Armour), and Purge as choices. Buster would be a more typical counter with low damage, but high knockback, Shield would put the opponent into a stun state like with Sora's counter, allowing for combos, and Purge would be a projectile destroying projectile attack that Shulk could run behind.

Beyond that, all I'd want would be for Shulk to have the Monado in his hands at all times, and to restructure his normals a tad so that his neutral isn't just spamming back air most of the time.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I keep remembering that Brawl had 18 newcomers, so I decided to make a list of 18 characters I’d pick for the next Smash game.
  • 13 first parties
    1. Waluigi
    2. Raven Beak
    3. Bandana Waddle Dee
    4. Either Meowscarada, Tinkaton or Gholdengo
    5. Alear
    6. Oatchi
    7. Tom Nook
    8. Noah and/or Mio
    9. Marina
    10. Officer Howard
    11. Ring Fit Trainee
    12. Isaac
    13. Ayumi Tachibana
  • 3 third parties
    1. Shadow
    2. Chun-Li
    3. Alucard
  • 2 Echo Fighters
    1. Dixie Kong
    2. Ninjara

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Iconic 3P characters are better.

I keep remembering that Brawl had 18 newcomers, so I decided to make a list of 18 characters I’d pick for the next Smash game.
Which, coincidentally, brings us to Fighter #100.

Or...would if you didn't have 2 Echoes.

• 3 first parties
    1. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
    2. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
    3. Mii Mage
  • 15 third parties
    1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
    2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
    3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
    4. Kunio/Riki [River City]
    5. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
    6. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
    7. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
    8. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
    9. Nightmare [Soulcalibur]
    10. Kazuma Kiryu [Like a Dragon]
    11. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
    12. Dante [Devil May Cry]
    13. Zero [Mega Man X]
    14. Alucard [Castlevania]
    15. Raiden [Metal Gear]

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 395090

Sakurai, Smash Bros. dev team, and Nintendo... give me
Lark (or any Pilotwings character for that matter)
A Wave Race character (preferably Ryota Hayami)
A 1080° character (preferably Akari Hayami, Kensuke Kimachi, or Ricky Winterborn)
A Nintendo LABO character
Sakura Samurai
Trax
Monita
A Rhythm Heaven character (preferably Yuka)
Dr. Lobe
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Vince
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Icarus (Glory of Heracles)
Frey and Freya
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Mizuki Robbins
Raymond Bryce
A Nintendo Wars character (preferably Andy and/or Sami)
Qbby
Eddy (Fluidity)
Sukapon
Nikki (I guess she's technically in via Miis, but still)
Wonder-Red
A Magical Vacation/Starsign character
Zael
Calista
Aeron
Elena
Tamagon
Barbara the Bat
Mallo
Prince Sable
A Baiten Kaitos character
An Odama character
A Fossil Fighters character
A Kurikin character
Dillon
Mach Rider
F-Type
Kageshina Kurabe
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Bubbles
Ayumi Tachibana
DeMille
Kururin
Chibi-Robo
Hakkun
The Marvelous trio (Dion, Max, and Jack)
Sheriff
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Mike Jones
Michael Anderson
Fighter Hayabusa
A sports character (the Volleyball Girl, the Ice Hockey team, etc.)
Ouendan and/or Elite Beat Agents (w/ their female counterparts)
Mr. Stevenson
Takamaru
Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Alexandra Roivas
Jonathan Raimi
Jasmine Callsign (from Jet Impulse)
Hiro and/or Satoru (from Card Hero)
Sato Amatsubo (from Project H.A.C.K.E.R.)
Captain Rainbow
Goku and Chao
Donbe and Hikari
Lip
Saki Amamiya
A Style Savvy character
A Hanafuda character
Mini-Kangaroo (w/ various Nintendo toys from back in the day)
Ando Kensaku
Arcade Bunny
Grace and Savannah (from Tokyo Crash Mobs)
A Pop-Up Pursuit character
Orville (Takt of Magic)
A Cubivore character
Doshin/Jashin
Cupid
Aisya
Diskun
Jill
Tempo
Welt
Warrior Mech Gauss
Pockle
Parabo and Satebo
Daitoryo
Trax

... and more...
AND MY LIFE IS YOURS!!
GPea7NqbcAA0O1W.jpg

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I do like thinking about how I'd handle hypothetical changes to characters. As far as how much I'd change each one needs:

Mario I think needs to have his moveset modernized, but doing so will be incredibly difficult, because most anything you could add would just give his moveset a slightly later expiration date. For examples, see F.L.U.D.D. I think a good approach would be to focus on the series unique mobility options, but I doubt there's a solution that would make everyone happy. In terms of playstyle though, I think he's fine as is.

Donkey Kong mostly just needs a facelift. Mostly what's off about him is the personality his animations depict, though I would still change a move or two to include barrels in the moveset, and give him a little extra pizazz. I wouldn't make any sweeping changes to his playstyle though.

Link is a bit difficult to judge given the presence of other Links, but in a vacuum, I think the way they've been handling it makes the most sense, and perhaps is how more characters should be treated, most notably Mario and his flavor of the month powerups. In the next game, I expect to see the return of his normal bombs, but with the ability to fuse them (and potentially other items) to his arrows.

Samus I think needs an overhaul, but how to do this is hard to say, especially with the agile and projectile zoner properties making her very easy to make really bad or annoying. I also don't really want her to become a weird character to play like Mega Man. As for Dark Samus, I think what would work for her going forward is to just make her the better projectile zoner, but tank her mobility in comparison to Samus, especially since she just kinda floats around and charges lasers at you in the source material. If possible, I'd also like to see her do something with clones.

Yoshi is weird because he simultaniously has some very standout abilities, and still fails to stand out to me. I have ideas on what I'd like to do with him, but I dunno what exactly is the best direction to take with him.

Kirby needs some better special moves and for Inhale to be an actually good move. That's really all I ask.

Pikachu feels outdated to me, but for the life of me I can't really see him functioning any other way. I have no idea what I even want with this character.

Luigi needs some focus in his design direction. His moveset just hasn't come together and they've been iterating on it for 4 games now. What's that? What would I do with him? Uuuuuuuuuuuh-

Jigglypuff I mostly want to see some tweaks for. Namely, I would like Rollout to be replaced with something useful because I'm not a fan of special moves being dead buttons at all skill levels.

Fox, Ness, and Captain Falcon I think are perfect for the most part, and just need to be updated for the next game's engine. Captain Falcon might could use some changes because there seem to be some rumblings about being bored of him being the same in every game, but in such a case I'd only make changes that'd enhance and make new again what he already does rather than overhaul his gameplan and/or attributes.

That's only the original 12, but it's past my bedtime and I'm sure you wouldn't want to read my thoughts on 89 characters in one go anyway. If I remember, I'll continue dumping my thoughts on this topic later.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Sakurai, Smash Bros. dev team, and Nintendo... give me
Lark (or any Pilotwings character for that matter)
A Wave Race character (preferably Ryota Hayami)
A 1080° character (preferably Akari Hayami, Kensuke Kimachi, or Ricky Winterborn)
A Nintendo LABO character
Sakura Samurai
Trax
Monita
A Rhythm Heaven character (preferably Yuka)
Dr. Lobe
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Vince
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Icarus (Glory of Heracles)
Frey and Freya
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Mizuki Robbins
Raymond Bryce
A Nintendo Wars character (preferably Andy and/or Sami)
Qbby
Eddy (Fluidity)
Sukapon
Nikki (I guess she's technically in via Miis, but still)
Wonder-Red
A Magical Vacation/Starsign character
Zael
Calista
Aeron
Elena
Tamagon
Barbara the Bat
Mallo
Prince Sable
A Baiten Kaitos character
An Odama character
A Fossil Fighters character
A Kurikin character
Dillon
Mach Rider
F-Type
Kageshina Kurabe
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Bubbles
Ayumi Tachibana
DeMille
Kururin
Chibi-Robo
Hakkun
The Marvelous trio (Dion, Max, and Jack)
Sheriff
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Mike Jones
Michael Anderson
Fighter Hayabusa
A sports character (the Volleyball Girl, the Ice Hockey team, etc.)
Ouendan and/or Elite Beat Agents (w/ their female counterparts)
Mr. Stevenson
Takamaru
Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Alexandra Roivas
Jonathan Raimi
Jasmine Callsign (from Jet Impulse)
Hiro and/or Satoru (from Card Hero)
Sato Amatsubo (from Project H.A.C.K.E.R.)
Captain Rainbow
Goku and Chao
Donbe and Hikari
Lip
Saki Amamiya
A Style Savvy character
A Hanafuda character
Mini-Kangaroo (w/ various Nintendo toys from back in the day)
Ando Kensaku
Arcade Bunny
Grace and Savannah (from Tokyo Crash Mobs)
A Pop-Up Pursuit character
Orville (Takt of Magic)
A Cubivore character
Doshin/Jashin
Cupid
Aisya
Diskun
Jill
Tempo
Welt
Warrior Mech Gauss
Pockle
Parabo and Satebo
Daitoryo
Trax

... and more...
AND MY LIFE IS YOURS!!
You sold your life for a landfill...

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
  • 13 first parties
    1. Waluigi
    2. Raven Beak
    3. Bandana Waddle Dee
    5. Alear
    6. Oatchi
    7. Tom Nook
    8. Noah and/or Mio
    9. Marina
    10. Officer Howard
    11. Ring Fit Trainee
    12. Isaac
    13. Ayumi Tachibana
  • 3 third parties
    1. Shadow
    2. Chun-Li
    3. Alucard
  • 2 Echo Fighters
    1. Dixie Kong
    2. Ninjara
Gonna do this template cus I think it works nicely and seems semi-reasonable for the next game assuming we don't get another Everyone Is Here type thing.

• First Parties
    1. Waluigi
    2. Dixie Kong
    3. Skull Kid
    4. Raven Beak
    5. Bandana Dee
    6. Marx
    7. Ogerpon
    8. Ashley
    9. Louie
    10. K.K. Slider
    11. DJ. Octavio
    12. Octoling (Semi-Clone)
    13. Fossil Fighter (Champions designs, both genders.)
  • Third Parties
    1. Agumon
    2. Jack Bros (Frost and Lantern)
    3. Dr. Eggman
  • Echo Fighters
    1. Kumatora
    2. Dry Bowser
Oh and as a bonus, Brawl had 10 bosses, so here's the bosses I'd go for!
  1. Master Hand
  2. Crazy Hand
  3. Giga Bowser
  4. Beast Ganon
  5. Galacta/Morpho Knight
  6. Rayquaza
  7. Dracula
  8. Beelzebub (would honestly have been my pick for a playable SMT rep over the Jack Bros if he didn't have the name of a real world demon, can see that being a bit touchy for marketing...)
  9. Mugendramon
  10. insert new main villain here

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

EDIT:
I think a lot of fans, and MockRock here falls into that trap as well, get too tunnel visioned on the idea that for a character to feel like themselves they need to have a bunch of references on them and often that's not needed. A character can still feel like themselves without everything they do drawing from their franchise of origin, Captain Falcon for instance just draws certain elements from his franchise in his moveset, but it's one of the most beloved in the entire franchise and I don't think many would ask for it to heavily change.

Additionally, you also have to consider how the moveset flows with the core concept you give it, work together with the kit they're given, and most importantly be fun to play and not frustrating to fight. Your point with Link is a good example of that as at his core he is meant to be a sword and shield fighter with some extra tools, and while Smash has admittedly struggled with that a bit, I don't think giving him things like the car or build mechanic from TotK really add much to him or that concept and would instead just clutter the moveset. His updates should be more general to his franchise in bringing his concept up to the current standard, not making him exclusively BotW/TotK focused.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

EDIT:
Controversial opinion Really but i think Links Moveset is REALLY well designed!
He focuses on the sword just like you do in the zelda games! He also has all of his most iconic Weapons And triforce smash while made up looks extremly Pretty!
Dont get me wrong there is room for improvment! Especially adding perhaps a second set of special to adult link to rep his champion Version more directly!
But i really like link his alts also have some fun easterggs thoughout the games!
But obvioulsy the dream would be alts based on all (or most) Games!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
View attachment 395090

Thank you for inclusing Barbara.
Nintendo needs to aknowledge the fact she has her fandom:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
View attachment 395090

I'm a fan of the idea that even lesser known characters can be made playable, as long as they're owned by Nintendo. They'd be good both to represent more of the company, and because some of them legit would be really unique. What I'm scared of is Nintendo focusing on promoting things, so the most we get in the next game is 1 or 2 retro characters.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Btw, ATLUS has their new fastest-selling game of all time.
To give you an idea of how huge this is, this game literally just came out today. I think we have a new potential ATLUS dark horse for Smash on our hands.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know this video is technically off topic, but I feel it needs to be posted here. It’s Sakurai discussing his memories with Satoru Iwata:

This video honestly made my eyes start to tear up. Iwata left the world way too soon and the fact that Sakurai thought he was getting better the last time he saw him.

Also that moment where Sakurai felt bad for needing his help with Melee, that felt way too relatable.

Honestly might be one of the most grounded videos I've seen with Sakurai and it interesting seeing this side of him. It normalises him in a way while Iwata is the one put on a pedestal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you guys think of this video?
The categories don't make sense but it's always nice to see somebody give literally every character a piece of their thoughts.

So far I agree Link needs to be more sword based and kick way less. He's a swordsman first and foremost. Bow, Boomerang and Bombs.. Well, I guess those are almost staple. Can't get around them. Spin Attack as a Up or Down Smash can free up a Special. However what about Bow, Boomerang and Bomb being combined into a Neutral B and a sort of move that's selectable like as if you're in a Zelda item menu? Like Shulk's Monado Arts, such a system. I dunno.

Diddy with the Barrel Jetpack is something I agree with too. It should influence his jumps more. Give him a third jump with it maybe. And a more rushdown archetype which works with his speed could potentially free him from relying on Banana too much. That way they can keep his insane frame data in check, make him even more combo based, give him his previous range and power and speed and he wouldn't be too OP (Diddy is just a strong designed archetype like Fox, Pikachu and Cloud; they'll always be good).

I agree on his take on Ike too.

Outside of this no strong other opinions. Didn't see too much outside of the Brawl veterans but will continue to watch later on if I have time.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm always gonna be on that heavy copium for Starfy and T-Rex I think, even if they're not likely lmao
I'd love a Fossil Fighters rep, and T-Rex is probably the likely choice, but I chose to add V-Raptor to my roster instead. Simply because it's still based on a recognizable dinosaur, but wouldn't have any size issues.

EDIT: Another thing is that T-Rex is a heavy firebreathing reptile, and we already have a couple of those.

Last edited:

Master_Scorpion

Smash Cadet
  • 13 first parties
    1. Waluigi
    2. Raven Beak
    3. Bandana Waddle Dee
    5. Alear
    6. Oatchi
    7. Tom Nook
    8. Noah and/or Mio
    9. Marina
    10. Officer Howard
    11. Ring Fit Trainee
    12. Isaac
    13. Ayumi Tachibana
  • 3 third parties
    1. Shadow
    2. Chun-Li
    3. Alucard
  • 2 Echo Fighters
    1. Dixie Kong
    2. Ninjara
Here’s my predictions

• 13 first parties
    1. Waluigi
    2. King Boo
    3. Bandana Waddle Dee
    4. Tinkaton
    5. DJ Octavio
    6. Oatchi
    7. Tom Nook
    8. Noah and/or Mio
    9. Excitebiker
    10. Officer Howard
    11. Ring Fit Trainee
    12. Isaac
    13. Skull Kid
  • 3 third parties
    1. Bomberman
    2. Eggman
    3. Chun-Li
  • 2 Echo Fighters
    1. Dixie Kong
    2. Octoling

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I know this video is technically off topic, but I feel it needs to be posted here. It’s Sakurai discussing his memories with Satoru Iwata:
If every CEO was more like Iwata, the world would be a much better place.

I'm a fan of the idea that even lesser known characters can be made playable, as long as they're owned by Nintendo.
I WAS a fan of that, back when Smash was Nintendo only.

But now that Smash has become a celebration of all of video games, I don't need Nintendo's D-listers taking slots that could be used by iconic 3P characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have two cool ideas for a Punch Out!! Item. Tell me what you think.

The first item is a head guard, like Little Mac and Glass Joe could wear. This head guard would join the "hat" items that appear in your character's model like the bunny hood. When worn, this item gives you Tough Guy style armor. Meaning now every character can armor through attacks.

The second idea is a portable punching bag. When thrown, the device will plant itself to the ground, grow and reveal hanging punching bag. This item will function similarly to Wobbuffett from Melee and Brawl. If hit, the bag will swing in the direction of the hit and then swing back hitting anyone unfortunate enough to get in it's way. This item would have a ton of power and could kill easily. And of course, it'd have old retro Punch Out!! Sounds effects.

Top Bottom