• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While we're talking Capcom, how do we feel about Resident Evil? I gave it some quick lip service in my Monster Hunter writeup, but it's still Capcom's best-selling franchise by a country mile, on top of being the granddaddy of the survival horror genre, and that's pretty big. Maybe we're glossing over it a little.

I haven't played any of the games, though, so I can't add that much. From what I can gather, Chris shows up the most, but it seems like Leon and Jill are also pretty popular. Do the RE heroes play similarly enough to be Echoes or share a slot, or do they diverge enough that such a concept wouldn't work?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So, how do guys feel about the Xenoblade representation in Smash?

We have two (three) characters in Shulk, Pyra and Mythra. :ultshulk::ultpyra::ultmythra:

We have two stages with Gaur Plains and Cloud Sea of Alrest.

We have lots of music tracks from 1 and 2.

We have no items but Riki is an assist trophy.

There are lots of spirits from 1 and 2 with a few other spirits from X. And of course, there's the promotional XC3 spirit.

Overall, I think Xenoblade is doing really well. The two (three) characters are some of the franchise's most popular and important. The stages are great. I especially like Cloud Sea of Alrest. The music selection is great even if there are very few remixes. Riki is a fun assist trophy and the spirits all make sense.

Everything in the game seems to be great (except Shulk's face). I don't think it's fair to count the absence of XC3 stuff because that game came out much later. I do wish there was more XCX stuff though. Elma would be rad, but even a XCX stage or some music tracks would go a long way. Honestly I'd just love more XCX spirits. There's only five and they feel more like obligations.

What do you guys think?
I think it's good. I strongly dislike when characters are given the shaft and made to be the butt of an "lol they no in" joke, but that's not really a fault of the representation we ended up getting. I will never stop wondering what on Earth Sakurai was cooking with his initial idea though.

Beyond that, I think it's kind of good that the series tends not to get remixes, as I hate almost all of them. I don't like mashups so the medleys have a high bar to climb, and the second one I think does climb it, but the first one faceplants into the dirt with that awful remix of Gaur Plain. Tiger! Tiger! is a great composition, but there's a weird high pitched tone there that shouldn't be, and it makes it kinda grating to listen to. Counterattack was botched and I just want to hear the original, which isn't in the game for some reason. As far as omissions go, I kinda wish we had Xenoblade Chronicles's final boss theme.

It's kind of a shame that we'll probably only see the main protagonist (or partnered deuteragonist) in the game since from battle hardened veterans so skilled they can beat you with their non-dominant arm to soldiers that fight using sentient origami there are so many cool characters they could add, but that's kind of the nature of things. Due to this zero sum game though, I feel like I will start to get a little annoyed if main protagonist getting dropped for any character partnered with them since while I get wanting to avoid putting Xenoblade Chronicles in a position similar to Fire Emblem, I don't want to feel like the protagonist has 0 chance, especially with Pyra/Mythra and (probably) Mio already having shaken things up. Luckily that's not an issue that I'll have to worry about in this decade.

As for one last petty critique: Gaur Plain does not take place on Gaur Plain. It is a different area on Bionis Leg overlooking Gaur Plain. Fix it Sakurai!

Oh, and leave the Mobius battle themes the heck alone! There is no improving them, and I am certain that all you'll end up doing is gutting them. Just put them in unaltered, I beg you.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Any of the big four (Chris, Claire, Leon, Jill) feel viable in terms of popularity, though there would likely be a strong emphasis on weapons that weren't realistic pistols, rifles, and shotguns to match Smash's typical age rating.

It's funny to realize Nemesis might be an easier implementation into SSB than some of the protagonists if only because he leans into physical attacks and very over the top weapons.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A series that's notorious for only including monsters and armor skins for existing characters with crossovers with the sole exception to this day being Marvel Infinite (and there's even rumors this was behind the MH team's back, which requires verification but the fact the rumors exist at all exemplifies the issues in getting an actual "Hunter" character in anything)?
Those rumors are complete nonsense. There is no evidence that ever happened, it makes little sense they'd potentially burn bridges with the team behind what was one of Capcom's up and coming franchises at the time, and said team has ties to Capcom's upper management (most notably, the son of the company's founder oversees and still works with the franchise). There is no reason to believe this was ever the case and the only reason it's still paraded around is because it's easier to parrot random hearsay then do any modicum of research.

Forgive my harsh tone, but it irritates me this is still brought up despite nothing supporting it. There are reasons to potentially doubt MH's inclusion, but this 'rumor' ain't one of them.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While we're talking Capcom, how do we feel about Resident Evil? I gave it some quick lip service in my Monster Hunter writeup, but it's still Capcom's best-selling franchise by a country mile, on top of being the granddaddy of the survival horror genre, and that's pretty big. Maybe we're glossing over it a little.
I think its inclusion is warranted and that Jill and/or Leon would be well-received as new additions to the series, but the series' mature themes and striking visuals will always leave it in an uncertain state. It's pretty interesting though, most companies participating in Smash have managed to get their most popular series in but Capcom is technically already in two series without it.

This brings up the question of financial success against iconography though. Street Fighter trails behind Resident Evil and Monster Hunter by a bit, but Ryu (and Chun-Li) are certainly more widely recognized and popular en masse than any character from these series. Judging it that way, along with Mega Man's mascot appeal, it's not that surprising that Capcom bucks this trend a little bit.

But the bottom line is that I do think Resident Evil has a fair shot of getting a character. It's just a matter of working out the necessary kinks, and deciding whether or not it's even worth representing the series if it can't be done to a satisfying degree. No doubt having a stage that embodies the series' gloomy tone will be just as important as the character themselves. Essentially I think they're a slam dunk if Sakurai / Capcom are willing to make certain accommodations. I actually don't think them wielding a pistol would be a problem though. Joker be damned, the ESRB doesn't know it's a fake.

And with that said, I have no clue where Dante is sitting these days. I know he's probably the most highly requested, but I wonder if there are just too many important Capcom characters and series left to add where DMC might simply be glossed over in their favor.

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
The only Japanese franchises/games bigger than Monster Hunter that aren't represented with a playable character in Smash are, off the top of my head, Resident Evil and Elden Ring. Some like Power Pros are big in Japan but have little presence elsewhere, same with Konami's other sports games, and some classic influential titles like Space Invaders are difficult to judge in terms of modern "success". Part of me does wonder why the Hunter didn't happen in Ultimate because it was such an obvious pick, but ultimately it's just speculation, the MVC3 thing happened over 12 years ago and staff has rotated out since then, I don't think it means much.

With Resident Evil, I think the top picks are either Jill or Leon, and between the two I'm inclined to favour Jill. When push comes to shove, Smash tends to favour original protagonists if there's not massive popularity gaps, and Jill and Leon are basically equally iconic.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

We have two (three) characters in Shulk, Pyra and Mythra. :ultshulk::ultpyra::ultmythra:

There are lots of spirits from 1 and 2 with a few other spirits from X. And of course, there's the promotional XC3 spirit.

Overall, I think Xenoblade is doing really well. The two (three) characters are some of the franchise's most popular and important. The stages are great. I especially like Cloud Sea of Alrest. The music selection is great even if there are very few remixes. Riki is a fun assist trophy and the spirits all make sense.

Everything in the game seems to be great (except Shulk's face). I don't think it's fair to count the absence of XC3 stuff because that game came out much later. I do wish there was more XCX stuff though. Elma would be rad, but even a XCX stage or some music tracks would go a long way. Honestly I'd just love more XCX spirits. There's only five and they feel more like obligations.

What do you guys think?
I think the representation is pretty good all things considered, don't really have much more to say, but I do agree with SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy that the remixes are SUPER hit or miss. I like Tiger! Tiger! and the Xenoblade 2 Medley pretty well, but a lot of the others are kinda rough, which is weird because I'm pretty sure ACE did some of them and it's like "guys you made the music to begin with, why is this remix so rough".

As for omissions, I'm still kinda sad Song of Giga Rosa isn't in the game, I just think that one's a fun kinda silly track lol

For next Smash, I do hope Noah or Mio (or both if they can figure that out) gets in, alongside obviously music (with a new stage of course) from Xenoblade 3 like the Moebius theme, the Elite enemy theme, and as an off the wall choice, I adore the Keves Castle battle theme and think it's super underrated.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
As for one last petty critique: Gaur Plain does not take place on Gaur Plain. It is a different area on Bionis Leg overlooking Gaur Plain. Fix it Sakurai!
To be fair, the overhangs are by far the coolest aspect of the whole area when you first reach it in-game, and they also double as the most natural application to a Smash stage. Gaur Plain is also the first part of the whole area and probably also the coolest name in there, though I guess "Bionis' Leg" would be ok as a name.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I haven't played any of the games, though, so I can't add that much. From what I can gather, Chris shows up the most, but it seems like Leon and Jill are also pretty popular. Do the RE heroes play similarly enough to be Echoes or share a slot, or do they diverge enough that such a concept wouldn't work?
Its the one series they have that i have basically no interest in ever playing.

It just doesnt seem like my thing.

I mean if we're going to bring up Mega Man characters, then Battle Network seems like an option that people are kinda sleeping on.

That collection did WAAAAY better than anyone thought it would, and MegaMan.EXE is absolutely filled to the brim with moveset potential. I don't know if he'd get in over Zero, but the possibility exists.
The only roadblock i can see is that there is apparently some extra legal stuff involved with using the Battle Network IP, that's why you dont see EXE and Starforce in merchandise as often as the other Megaman protagonists.

Apparently the rights are split between like three different companies and they all have to sign off on using him from what i understand.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The only roadblock i can see is that there is apparently some extra legal stuff involved with using the Battle Network IP, that's why you dont see EXE and Starforce in merchandise as often as the other Megaman protagonists.

Apparently the rights are split between like three different companies and they all have to sign off on using him from what i understand.
I mean I don't really expect more Mega Men, but even still, EXE and Star Force are both in Mega Man's Final Smash, so I wouldn't think it'd be too hard just based on that lol

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know, a FromSoftware character might be interesting…

How about the Chosen Undead from Dark Souls, who may also count as a Bamco rep?

I mean, if you think about it, Dark Souls music would actually fit Smash pretty well. I'd definitely love to hear a Smash remix of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Any of the big four (Chris, Claire, Leon, Jill)
Is there a big four? I don't want to **** on Claire's parade (cause she's awesome), but I think Chris, Jill and Leon are much more prominent than her. Like Claire has starred in 2 (and it's remake), Code Veronica and Revelations 2. She was also in at least one movie (two I think?). But the rest seems to show up much more, and not just in their own franchises. Chris, Jill and Leon appear by themselves all the time, but Claire is usually a package deal with Leon in things like Fortnite or Dead by Daylight.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
While I don't generally like unnamed avatar characters getting into Smash, I think I'd choose Monster Hunter over Chun-Li. Simply because they'd have the potential to bring new mechanics to the game, while Chun-Li would just use the same motion input system as Ryu and Ken.

Ivander

Smash Legend
and no, we're not getting the damn cat assistant.
First off, don't diss my purrecious.

Second, the Felyne is easily capable of being a fighter between traps, bombs, summoning wild life to help with battle and being able to build and ride a frickin' hand-made ridable rocket that can blow up foes.
They have actually been playable in a couple of the MH games like Generations and Generations Ultimate and they are arguably the most important characters next to the Hunters and the Monsters as they've been there since the first game. And just like the Hunters, they have a lot of awesome costumes available to use as alternate costumes.

If a Palico/Felyne were to be chosen, I'd be all for it as I would be for the Hunter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is there a big four? I don't want to **** on Claire's parade (cause she's awesome), but I think Chris, Jill and Leon are much more prominent than her. Like Claire has starred in 2 (and it's remake), Code Veronica and Revelations 2. She was also in at least one movie (two I think?). But the rest seems to show up much more, and not just in their own franchises. Chris, Jill and Leon appear by themselves all the time, but Claire is usually a package deal with Leon in things like Fortnite or Dead by Daylight.
When it comes to adding new RE characters into MvC3, I've seen people make Leon, Jake, Sherry, HUNK, and Krauser, but not Claire. Just from that alone I think Claire's best bet as a Smash fighter would be an alt.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
If each 3rd party company got 1 new rep who do you think would be the most likely one?
I’ll just pick for these six companies below.

Konami: My best guess is Bomberman. His franchise has been around for awhile, and his Mii outfit is one of the more refined ones.

Sega: A second Sonic character seems the most probable here given the requests. A strong argument could be made for Tails, Knuckes, Shadow, or Eggman (Rip Amy), and I’m leaning towards Tails and Shadow at the moment.

Capcom: I’m guessing Chun-Li or Dante as Chun-Li is a prominent character in fighting game history, and Dante is a requested fighter with a Mii outfit. Monster Hunter is a prominent franchise, and the only hurdle that concerns me is Capcom’s reluctance to add a playable Monster Hunter (I think this was something mentioned during the Fighters Passes, but correct me if I’m wrong).

Namco: I’ll say Lloyd for the moment because of the Mii outfit and his requests, but Dark Souls is a sleeper pick at the moment, and a Digimln could be an interesting idea to work with.

Square: I’m leaning towards more FFVII characters in the form of Tifa, but if we got a fighter from a new franchise, my best guess is 2B.

Microsoft: Master Chief or Doom Slayer are the most prominent choices in this case.

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman

I mean, if you think about it, Dark Souls music would actually fit Smash pretty well. I'd definitely love to hear a Smash remix of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.
Dark Souls gets tossed around as a sleeper pick a lot, but I think even that is probably underselling it a bit, it's actually kind of bizarre how little it gets discussed when it's one of the most influential and prominent Japanese game franchises. You don't even have to say "in the past 15 years" or any kind of qualifier anymore, the Soulslike genre has hit that level in general. I have to wonder if it's just because there's not much overlap with Smash/Nintendo fans and the aesthetic feeling out of place with what people typically think of with regards to the series in Smash.

In any case, I think Dark Souls is a very solid pick, but that an Elden Ring character might be a likelier pull. Elden Ring is to Dark Souls what Skyrim is to the previous Elder Scrolls games, it's closing in on 30 million copies sold in under 3 years. It's essentially the refinement of everything Dark Souls was in the senses that apply to Smash.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Re: MonHun

We'll get a monkey's paw situation. We don't get a dedicated "Hunter" as a character but they add 3 weapon classes as new Mii types to represent them.

And to abandon the joke for a moment, how would you all feel if that's what we actually got? Or perhaps even the Monster Hunters as an entirely separate custom character.

The amount of work would be immense but I honestly feel like it otherwise makes the most sense over cramming as much as they can into a composite character. They'd still have to do some weapon class mixing but spread across 3 base move sets like the Miis, I think they could cover plenty of ground.

Now obviously that's an incredibly unrealistic scenario, but the more I think about it the more I kinda want that.

Re: RE

The optimist in me says we'll get a handful of Mii costumes and if we're really lucky, an AT.

RE is one of my most wanted franchises but I still think it'll get out prioritized by more SF, MM and potentially DMC. At least for base game.

I think RE fares a little better moving into DLC territory.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

The mark of a good game is everyone rushing to copy you. They might not get what made it great, but they understand that there's something great about it that attracts people. Dark Souls spawned a whole slew of imitators; Everyone wants in on that tough-as-nails, pattern-based, dark fantasy apocalypse with bonfires and cryptic jigsaw lore. It's been a little over a decade, but the soulslike market gets a big influx of games every year, each trying to recapture what made Dark Souls great. Hell, the Dark Souls name is practically a byword for "games that are really hard."

So yeah, I could definitely see someone from Dark Souls or it's FromSoft successors show up. Would be interesting to see how they'd be balanced; Soulslikes are traditionally weighty and defensive, so the Chosen Undead might have low offensive power and mobility but unmatched survivability. Off the top of my head I know there's parries and ripostes, a health vial that has to be timed right or you'll be left wide open, bonfires to respawn at when you inevitably die, a crapload of weapon types, and a smattering of magic. I'm not sure the specifics on the latter two, though.

I also know Bloodborne and Elden Ring are both beloved in their own right, and both saw big influxes of new players to the metaseries, but I don't know if they'd take priority over Dark Souls

Re: MonHun

We'll get a monkey's paw situation. We don't get a dedicated "Hunter" as a character but they add 3 weapon classes as new Mii types to represent them.

And to abandon the joke for a moment, how would you all feel if that's what we actually got? Or perhaps even the Monster Hunters as an entirely separate custom character.

The amount of work would be immense but I honestly feel like it otherwise makes the most sense over cramming as much as they can into a composite character. They'd still have to do some weapon class mixing but spread across 3 base move sets like the Miis, I think they could cover plenty of ground.

Now obviously that's an incredibly unrealistic scenario, but the more I think about it the more I kinda want that.
As a rule I like to keep an open mind. I really, really don't want to be the whiner in these discussions or crap on anyone's ideas. But even so, that would probably be the single most disappointing thing Smash could possibly do for me.

First off, Mii Fighters as a rule have very simplistic and generic movesets so they can represent just about anybody, so any new Mii archetypes would have to follow the same rules. This would likely preclude the movesets from having any unique moves that makes the weapons memorable, defeating the whole concept of a playable Monster Hunter.

And after that, what weapons could they possibly use? Monster Hunter weapons are very specific, usually some combination of A: Absolutely massive, and B: Improbable mechanical monstrosities. There's not many other places where you could find a Gunlance or a Charge Blade. Maaaaybe you could figure out some generic greatsword/bow/lance and shield movesets, but after that, what can you actually do for them in terms of costumes? You'd run out of material much more quickly than with the current trio.

Also, I just don't care for Miis in general. It's blatantly obvious that I'm not actually playing as the character, just some strange little bobblehead in a cheap cosplay with a generic sauceless moveset. The Hunters are largely blank slate avatars, but they're my very specific blank slates, dammit. I'm drawing on that slate and that slate specifically.

And why would you go through all that effort in the first place for Miis specifically? At that point you might as well just make three different Hunters. "Two Flickies" movesets that prioritize references over coherence are definitely lame, but having three extra Miis to use as a dumping ground for potential characters is arguably just as bad in that regard; It's just trying to cover more references and "representation" rather than taking the time to figure out a functioning moveset.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's harsh! Why?
I just think Miis/ATs is the appropriate level of representation for indie characters.

Come on. It's Chun-Li. She's the female fighting game character. Monster Hunter is a successful IP in its own right but I don't think it has the mainstream appeal of Chun-Li as a character. She's a pop culture icon. She'd generate a lot more buzz as a newcomer.
The only issue I take with that is...Chun-Li shows up in so many things, that I feel like there's not a ton of buzz when she shows up someplace anymore. People aren't like "Oh wow!", they're like "Well obviously."

Like, nobody is going to pop-off at this point when Ryu and Chun-Li show up in KoF15 or CotW.

I feel like, if they were picking an RE character for Smash 6 right now, it would be crazy to pick anyone besides Leon. He just starred in 2 massively successful remakes. One of which was a remake of an iconic Gamecube game.

I prefer Jill. But Leon is the obvious choice.

I also know Bloodborne and Elden Ring are both beloved in their own right, and both saw big influxes of new players to the metaseries, but I don't know if they'd take priority over Dark Souls
Bloodborne is owned by Sony. So good luck seeing that one.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You might as well just make three different Hunters.
Yeah... that's literally what I said after acknowledging that the Mii thing was a joke.

I think you missed the part of the post where the Miis were a monkey paw scenario. The scenario I would actually be in favor of is the latter half of the post where MH gets 3 characters based on some prominent/popular weapon classes.

They're customizable to a degree like the Miis but not actual Miis. Separate custom characters dedicated to Monster Hunter.

Getting full movesets centered around the Great Sword or Dual Blades while the bow, bowguns and a couple other weapons and items comrpise some special move options seems pretty reasonable to me.

It's no different than the MvCI Hunter in concept.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace

What do you guys think?
I think a lot of stereotypical Smash fans are too harsh on this series, mainly those who roam the more casual Smash spaces online such as Reddit or Twitter.

Noah and Mio feel like front runners for a new Smash game. I’m not completely confident both will get in though due to precedent set by duo characters not working, and if they pick one, I think they’re going to go with Noah.

Elma isn’t a character I’d expect in a new game. XCX’s future is still uncertain, and we aren’t definitely getting XCXDE.

I could see them give Rex another shot, with his XC3FR design. But he would be a unique character.

I think a possibility people are putting their head in the sand for is echo fighters. I know people are still iffy on the concept of clones, even after Ultimate tried to make people more enticed by them, but there are a hefty hand of possibilities from this series, namely:
  • Alvis for Shulk
  • Pneuma for Pyra/Mythra
  • N for Noah
In terms of stages, I’d expect at least Gaur Plain to return and be spruced up after XCDE. Cloud Sea could also return, and I’d expect a XC3 stage to join the fray, such as Agnus Castle, Origin, etc.

I’d expect more songs with XC3 being the current newest game.

There aren’t many great options for items besides XC2’s Core Crystal, which would be a fun mechanic.

Riki will likely return as an AT, and I think we get someone from either XC2 or XC3 in the mix too. My bets are mainly on Nia taking the role of an AT.

While the series is doing well in Smash, it like many of series represented in Ultimate is starting to show its age. With a new game, I’d expect at least Shulk to get a redesign and have new alts present.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If each 3rd party company got 1 new rep who do you think would be the most likely one?
Mine are
Capcom: Monster Hunter
Square Enix: 2B
Bandai Namco: Lloyd
Sega: Eggman
Microsoft: Crash
Konami: Bomberman
SNK: Marco
Ubisoft: Ezio
Koei Tecmo: Hayabusa
Arc System Works: Sol
Sony: Kratos
Level 5: Jibanyan
Warner Bros: Scorpion
EA: Commander Shepherd
Rockstar: John Marston
THQ Nordic: Death
Valve: Gordon Freeman
Embracer: Lara Croft
Disney: Roxas

Any other more major companies I’m missing?
CAPCOM: Chun-Li
SNK: Between Rock Howard, Nakoruru or Mai Shiranui.
Bandai Namco: Between someone from Tekken or from the Tales franchise.
SEGA: Dr. Eggman
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Square Enix: Tifa Lockheart
Konami: Bomberman
Arc System Works: Sol Badguy

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

What do you guys think?
underwhelming is the word I'd use. Shulk's about the best thing we have. Guar Plain, for a stage with hole in the centre it is very tricky for a lot of characters to cross it also has a very intrusive boss enemy. Cloud Sea of Alrest is a representation of trying to cram in as a much of a game as possible into one place is not best practice. hey wanna fight on a location with 10 seconds of gameplay that's otherwise cutscene exclusive? not really. and then there's Riki, his inclusion was nice at first but as an AT he's kinda lame as a lot of his stuff requires you being close to him. still he's preferable to all the OP ATs we have who just take over. music's alright I suppose.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pneuma for Pyra/Mythra
The idea of a balanced version of Pyra/Mythra that doesn't transform is neat, though I feel like some concessions would be made in order to make her work as an Echo Fighter. Mainly that she'd just use a combination of Pyra and Mythra's special moves rather than being consistent and using her own Blade Specials as special moves. If they did go the extra mile and make her a semi-clone, then what would down special do?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Switch 2 appears to have maybe, potentially leaked (it seems fairly legit? Mostly going off what other people have said tbh.)

Beat me to it, But If not considered spoiler for people, Then I'll say it's time to Clinch onto Seats. The Console seems to be all that people want and need it to be. The Superior version of the Switch, and maybe that Sae Philosophy will apply to the Games/Software made for it, Smash Included

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Beat me to it, But If not considered spoiler for people, Then I'll say it's time to Clinch onto Seats. The Console seems to be all that people want and need it to be. The Superior version of the Switch, and maybe that Sae Philosophy will apply to the Games/Software made for it, Smash Included
My main thing is that the leak is mostly just CAD stuff (and the actual specs come from a different source?) So it could definitely be fake, but I know Jon Cartwright believes it and I doubt he'd say that if he wasn't certain? Either way we're 100% seeing the actual console soon I think.

Edit: also it's literally just an updated, larger OLED for the most part, so there are absolutely models someone could use as a base. I am going to remain optimistic but suspicious.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My main hope for the console is that the controllers actually work properly this time and don’t drift. I’ve been using my PS4 controller for more than half the time I’ve had the Switch. Just last week, my brother, friend and me were playing River City Girls 2 on the Switch with a PS4 controller, X-Box 360 controller and GameCube controller lol. On top of the controller issue, I’d really like backwards compatibility. I just bought a bunch of Switch games this month that I might not have enough time to play them all before the next console is out.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
My main hope for the console is that the controllers actually work properly this time and don’t drift. I’ve been using my PS4 controller for more than half the time I’ve had the Switch. Just last week, my brother, friend and me were playing River City Girls 2 on the Switch with a PS4 controller, X-Box 360 controller and GameCube controller lol. On top of the controller issue, I’d really like backwards compatibility. I just bought a bunch of Switch games this month that I might not have enough time to play them all before the next console is out.
Yeah I've had a lot of joycons die - weirdly my 2017 pro controller is fine while my ps5 controller (got in early 2022? I think?) Has a good few issues. Why can't things just be built to last anymore...

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
Remember when Nintendo's hardware was praised for its longevity, to the point where it was referred to as Nintendium? How the mighty have fallen.

None of my Joy-Cons lasted over two years without beginning to drift. My 2017 Pro Controller lasted a fair bit but has finally started to give out and drift this year. It's really gross how they've been able to just get away with it.

Yeah I've had a lot of joycons die - weirdly my 2017 pro controller is fine while my ps5 controller (got in early 2022? I think?) Has a good few issues. Why can't things just be built to last anymore...
Planned obsolescence is one of the most evil and anti-consumer practices there are. I'm still super miffed that Nintendo won that Joy-Con drift lawsuit.

Top Bottom