• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Because everybody knows doing multiple crossovers at once is impossible!

Unless your name is Terry Bogard :terryhat:
Warner Brothers hasn't done anything with Fortnite in at least a year - rumors say it's because they don't want to compete with Multiversus.

If they won't keep their content in the biggest game in the world, which is a completely different genre from the game they're trying to promote, they won't put a character in the literal direct competition.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
So what do y'all think of the chances of Crash Bandicoot being in the next Smash? Especially seeing that he is now owned by Microsoft IIRC.

It's been on my mind for a few days and I'm wondering how y'all feel about it rn.
I don’t think Crash is super likely given the competition with Microsoft and licensing (at least Banjo, Steve, Master Chief, and Doom Slayer if we’re just looking at the veterans/big names). His chances were overestimated during the Fighter Passes, but I won’t rule him out as he was (and I think still is) requested

For a completely unrelated question, what do you think it would take for us to get another Yoshi or Wario character?

Cause I've been playing through Yoshi's Crafted World and it is super charming.
I’m guessing at this point it probably would be a combination of interest from the fans and the developers as the franchsies have been relevant for awhile even if they aren’t necessarily major sellers. Right now, I’d say Ashley is the most probable because of her popularity in the Wario Ware series.

What's chance for Ezio Auditore?

He is Cloud of Assassin's Creed. Despite recent AC which is set in Japan getting lots of criticism from Japan, the series is still pretty recognizable there with good sales from what I know. Altair Mii outfit is already in. I think this looks alot like Kazuya and Heihachi situation... except Ezio is more popular and famous than Altair. Kassandra is another popular protagonist, but still not on the same level as Ezio imo.
I usually expect Rayman first for Ubisoft, but I feel like an Assassin’s Creed character is overlooked when I think about it. Even if he’s not super probable, I wouldn’t rule out Ezio.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Also kinda random, but if Terry returns do you think we'll have City of the Wolves content? Like a stage, AT, Terry CoW alt? Idk, since it's a April 24, 2025 release i could see it begin too late for base game. But i feel like it would be a shame to not represent the series revival.
Yeah I think they'll try to squeeze in Rock Howard as a fighter.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What are the chance of the Waluigi stage from Mario Kart in the next smash games?
Probably guaranteed if Waluigi is playable. Otherwise, I’d love to see stages based on Ninja Hideaway and/or Squeaky Clean Sprint. I also wanna see Rainbow Road back, dang it! It, Ninja Hideway, Squeaky Clean Sprint and Waluigi Pinball all have the assets from 8 Deluxe to use for a stage.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Tbh I expect things to continue like base Ult where newcomers don't necessarily come with corresponding new stages. Though if Waluigi were to soft-tie-in with something like a Party stage that would be cool.

I actually don't think Waluigi Pinball specifically is necessarily likely as a stage regardless of Waluigi's playability, due to competition with other Mario Kart stages: there's very likely to be at least some form of "Mario Circuit" or other "basic" sort of course, whether that be new and/or returning, and re-representing Rainbow Road (again either the old one returning or making something new) or adding something from Switch 2 Kart (pending timing) are also easily possible.
I guess what I'm thinking is that pulling Waluigi Pinball would be a relatively random choice for a Mario Kart stage outside of it being something specifically Waluigi-themed, and with Kart likely to maintain stage representation besides, it becomes doubly odd over representing another Mario spinoff (which could theoretically also be revealed simultaneously with Waluigi even if not specifically Waluigi-themed, should that tie-in be desirable in the first place).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ultimate did showcase that certain indie characters was on Sakurai's radar and almost made it as a fighter. Sad to some people, but at least had their presence known with mii costumes and/or spirits.

If another Smash Bros is announced, what are their chances to try again?
Smash-Invitation.jpg

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
Pauline is in the new Mario Party.

That's neat.
I'm glad she's part of the recurring cast now (although I wish I could say the same about poor Cappy over there). She's a great addition that was almost overdue with how close we were to getting a new Mario Party without her-- we're around 2 months from Jamboree releasing and didn't know she was in it until today.

Guess you could say she was... late to the party. :4pacman:

Last edited:

BuckleyTim

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate did showcase that certain indie characters was on Sakurai's radar and almost made it as a fighter. Sad to some people, but at least had their presence known with mii costumes and/or spirits.

View attachment 393884

I'd say at least an assist trophy for one of the ones referenced in Ultimate. I'd say in terms of likelihood of the 3 picks... Sans, Shantae, and than the Zag' in that order. Really, it just makes me wonder what other things the devs really want to get in whatever the successor to spirits turns out to be.

...I forgot Shovel Knight. Hate to say it but he's probably just gonna return as an AT... maybe even getting cut if that kind of asset re-use doesn't work with the fidelity jump to Switch 2.

On another note, since Capcom is 99% likely to return and SNK probably not following too far behind... what are the chances we see music from the CVS and SVC games? dare I say, maybe even some Marvel Vs Capcom music? I presume Capcom has the rights to that music solidly in their corner at least...

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord

View attachment 393884
Very high. I'm certain that Mii Costumes are used to gauge interest or even signal "wait a little longer" in some cases like K. Rool in Smash 4.

The second-last batch of Ultimate's DLC Mii Costumes are explicitly mentioned as being of characters that were requested to join the series. So Dante, Shantae, and Skyrim-ae are definitely on the team's radar, presumably along with Doom Slayer.

I think the breakout reaction to Sans's costume pretty much locks some significant Undertale rep next game, the least being a stage or assist trophy, and the most being a character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 393884
well you ask an interesting question. However I wouldn’t read too much into it. There’s plenty of mii costumes that didn’t make fighters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dante, Shantae, and Skyrim-ae are definitely on the team's radar, presumably along with Doom Slayer.
Lloyd was in that batch too, even specifically being stated to be a popular request.

Why do people keep forgetting him?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For a completely unrelated question, what do you think it would take for us to get another Yoshi or Wario character?

Cause I've been playing through Yoshi's Crafted World and it is super charming.
Personally, I'm quite partial to Poochy and/or Kamek... but like many others here have said, Kamek (especially at this point in the character's existence) will probably be labeled under Mario's 'Super Mushroom' label (correct me if I'm wrong, but he's considered a Mario character in Smash Bros. ever since Brawl, right?).

With that being said, Poochy would be fine in my book. Although, I can't say that I don't also see him being 'prime AT material'...

As for Wario? Oh, he's got options out the wazoo. Regarding his series, my most wanted is Mona, hands-down. If anything, I personally feel like she and Ashley are the most likely to be chosen. Specifically, Ashley for her requests and Mona for how Nintendo seems to be treating her as Wario's #2 in WarioWare's promotional material.

Of course, I can see Captain Syrup as well. In her case, I'm really hoping a new Wario Land features her, making a focal point of the game...

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I may have said this before, but if we ever get Dragonborn (Skyrim) for Smash, they should include music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Maybe even an Elder Scrolls Main Theme medley remix (Nerevar Rising, Reign of the Septims and Dragonborn)

Maybe the Skyrim stage could be like Castle Siege (Fire Emblem), where it frequently switches to different notable locations such as Whiterun.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course, I can see Captain Syrup as well. In her case, I'm really hoping a new Wario Land features her, making a focal point of the game...
Honestly with WarioWare Move It including Cractus in Kat and Ana's stage, I'd love if more Wario Land characters move to Ware even if Land doesn't come back. Like let Captain Syrup become Wario's business rival, stealing his playerbase, maybe throw some corporate espionage in there since she used to be a pirate, I think that could be a really fun setup for a Ware game.

I do agree that Nintendo should bring back Wario Land though, like let WayForward try their hand at one, I feel like that'd come out really nice if all goes well.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Honestly with WarioWare Move It including Cractus in Kat and Ana's stage, I'd love if more Wario Land characters move to Ware even if Land doesn't come back. Like let Captain Syrup become Wario's business rival, stealing his playerbase, maybe throw some corporate espionage in there since she used to be a pirate, I think that could be a really fun setup for a Ware game.

I do agree that Nintendo should bring back Wario Land though, like let WayForward try their hand at one, I feel like that'd come out really nice if all goes well.
For some reason, that makes me think of a Shantae and Wario Land crossover, which would be sweet to me, actually.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So I’m playing World of Final Fantasy right now because I’ve always liked Final Fantasy and I was looking for another Pokémon style monster collection game. The writing is a bit cheesy but the gameplay is actually a lot of fun. The monster designs are also really great for the most part.

That got me thinking, are there any basic enemies or summons you’d like to see in Smash? There’s a lot that I’ve already mentioned here like Goomba and Bugzzy but I’d also love to see playable Final Fantasy summons. I think my favorites are Diablos and Ifrit but there’s so many really cool summons.

Dukefire

Smash Master

It will be interesting how they can work with it. The last Wario Land was Shake It for the Wii in July 24, 2008.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
A few pages ago I asked for a little help in compiling a list of most potential candidates for newcomers in the next Smash for a prediction survey I'm planning to do. After looking at most popularity polls and listings here on Smashboards, this got a lot heavier than I expected, ending up with a little over 220 characters.

I would like to ask you people for your help one more time by looking at the list below (tagged because it's LONG) and see if there are any major picks I forgot to put in. My memory tends to suck and with something this big there's a good chance I forgot someone. Heck I had forgotten about Pauline until I saw the new Mario Party trailer this morning.

Thank you people for your help in advance.

2B (Nier: Automata)

9-Volt (Warioware series)

Adeline (Kirby series)

Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)

Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)

Agumon (Digimon series)

Akira (Virtua Fighter)

Alear (Fire Emblem Engage)

Alm (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

Altair (Assassin's Creed series)

Alucard (Castlevania series)

Amy Rose (Sonic series)

Andy (Advance Wars series)

Anna (Fire Emblem series)

Arcade Bunny (Nintendo Badge Arcade)

Arle (Puyo Puyo)

Armarouge (Pokemon)

Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins)

Ashley (Warioware series)

Ashley Robbins (Another Code / Trace Memory)

Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier / King of Fighters)

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

Azura (Fire Emblem Fates)

Bandana Dee (Kirby series)

Bartz (Final Fantasy V)

Birdo (Mario series)

Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn)

Black Shadow (F-Zero series)

Blathers (Animal Crossing series)

Bomberman

Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Bulborb (Pikmin series)

Callie & Marie (Splatoon series)

Captain Syrup (Wario Land series)

Captain Toad

Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)

Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

Ceruledge (Pokemon)

Chibi-Robo

Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Chris Redfield (Resident Evil series)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Crash Bandicoot

Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Cuphead

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed series)

Devil (Devil World)

Digby (Animal Crossing series)

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)

Dimitri (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Doc Louis (Punch-Out! series)

Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong series)

Doom Slayer (Doom series)

Dr. Eggman (Sonic series)

Dr. Wily (Mega Man series)

Dragonborn (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Duster (Mother 3)

Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Eliwood (Fire Emblem)

Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

EMMI (Metroid Dread)

Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Euden (Dragalia Lost)

Excitebiker (Excitebike)

Fawful (Mario series)

Felix (Golden Sun)

Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Flint (Mother 3)

Frisk (Undertale)

Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Galacta Knight (Kirby series)

Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Ghirahim (Zelda: Skyward Sword)

Gholdengo (Pokemon)

Gulliver (Animal Crossing series)

Hades (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Hector (Fire Emblem)

Heihachi (Tekken series)

Hilda (Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

Hollow Knight

Horace the Horse (Everybody 1-2-Switch!)

Impa (Zelda series)

Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Jeanne (Bayonetta series)

Jeff (Earthbound)

Jill (Drill Dozer)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)

Jody Summer (F-Zero series)

K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing series)

Kamek / Magikoopa (Mario series)

Kapp'n (Animal Crossing series)

Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven series)

Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

King Hippo (Punch-Out! series)

Klonoa

Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic series)

Koraidon (Pokemon)

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Krystal (Star Fox series)

Kumatora (Mother 3)

Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Leif (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)

Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil series)

Lip (Panel de Pon)

Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

Louie (Pikmin series)

Lyn (Fire Emblem)

M. Bison / Dictator (Street Fighter series)

Mabel (Animal Crossing series)

Mach Rider

Magolor (Kirby series)

Mallo (Pushmo series)

Mallow (Super Mario RPG)

Marin (Zelda series)

Marina & Pearl (Splatoon series)

Marx (Kirby series)

Master Chief (Halo series)

Master Higgins (Adventure Island series)

Medusa (Kid Icarus series)

Meowscarada (Pokemon)

Meowth (Pokemon)

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Midna (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Mii (New Variant)

Mike Jones (StarTropics)

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

Mio (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

Mipha (Zelda series)

Miraidon (Pokemon)

Mona (Warioware series)

Monokuma (Danganronpa)

Monster Hunter Playable Character (Monster Hunter series)

Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)

Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out! series)

Ms. Pac-man (Pac-man series)

Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)

Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Ninjara (ARMS)

Ninten (MOTHER / Earthbound Beginnings)

Noah (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

Oatchi (Pikmin)

Octoling (Splatoon)

Officer Howard (Astral Chain)

Ogerpon (Pokemon)

Paper Mario

Paula (Earthbound)

Pauline (Mario series)

Pawmot (Pokemon)

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)

Plusle & Minun (Pokemon)

Poo (Earthbound)

Poochy (Yoshi series)

Prince of Sablé (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls)

Professor Herschel Layton (Professor Layton series)

Proto Man (Mega Man series)

Rabbid (Rabbids series)

Rauru (Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom)

Raven Beak (Metroid series)

Rayman

Revali (Zelda series)

Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Ribbon Girl (ARMS)

Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventures)

Rodin (Bayonetta series)

Rookie (Daemon X Machina)

Rover (Animal Crossing series)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Ryuta Ippongi (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)

Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)

Sami (Advance Wars series)

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)

Sans (Undertale)

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)

Seliph (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic series)

Shantae

Shovel Knight

Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Skull Kid (Zelda series)

Slime (Dragon Quest series)

Slippy Toad (Star Fox series)

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)

Sportsmate (Nintendo Switch Sports)

Spring Man (ARMS)

Starfy (Starfy series)

Style Savvy Player Character

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)

Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Super Macho Man (Punch-Out! series)

Sylux (Metroid series)

Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Tails (Sonic series)

Terra (Final Fantasy VI)

Tetra (Zelda series)

Tibby (Rhythm Heaven series)

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Tifa (Final Fantasy VII)

Tiki (Fire Emblem series)

Tingle (Zelda series)

Tinkaton (Pokemon)

Toad (Mario series)

Toadette (Mario series)

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing series)

Toon Zelda (Zelda series)

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes series)

Twintelle (ARMS)

Urban Champion (Urban Champion)

Urbosa (Zelda series)

Vaati (Zelda series)

Vault Boy (Fallout series)

Veyle (Fire Emblem Engage)

Vince (Art Academy)

Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Waluigi (Mario series)

Yuki Kozukata (Fatal Frame)

Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)

Zagreus (Hades)

Zelda (Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom version)

Zero (Mega Man X series)

Zoroark (Pokemon)

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
A few pages ago I asked for a little help in compiling a list of most potential candidates for newcomers in the next Smash for a prediction survey I'm planning to do. After looking at most popularity polls and listings here on Smashboards, this got a lot heavier than I expected, ending up with a little over 220 characters.

I would like to ask you people for your help one more time by looking at the list below (tagged because it's LONG) and see if there are any major picks I forgot to put in. My memory tends to suck and with something this big there's a good chance I forgot someone. Heck I had forgotten about Pauline until I saw the new Mario Party trailer this morning.

Thank you people for your help in advance.

2B (Nier: Automata)

9-Volt (Warioware series)

Adeline (Kirby series)

Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)

Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)

Agumon (Digimon series)

Akira (Virtua Fighter)

Alear (Fire Emblem Engage)

Alm (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

Altair (Assassin's Creed series)

Alucard (Castlevania series)

Amy Rose (Sonic series)

Andy (Advance Wars series)

Anna (Fire Emblem series)

Arcade Bunny (Nintendo Badge Arcade)

Arle (Puyo Puyo)

Armarouge (Pokemon)

Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins)

Ashley (Warioware series)

Ashley Robbins (Another Code / Trace Memory)

Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier / King of Fighters)

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

Azura (Fire Emblem Fates)

Bandana Dee (Kirby series)

Bartz (Final Fantasy V)

Birdo (Mario series)

Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn)

Black Shadow (F-Zero series)

Blathers (Animal Crossing series)

Bomberman

Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Bulborb (Pikmin series)

Callie & Marie (Splatoon series)

Captain Syrup (Wario Land series)

Captain Toad

Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)

Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

Ceruledge (Pokemon)

Chibi-Robo

Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Chris Redfield (Resident Evil series)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Crash Bandicoot

Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Cuphead

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed series)

Devil (Devil World)

Digby (Animal Crossing series)

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)

Dimitri (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Doc Louis (Punch-Out! series)

Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong series)

Doom Slayer (Doom series)

Dr. Eggman (Sonic series)

Dr. Wily (Mega Man series)

Dragonborn (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Duster (Mother 3)

Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Eliwood (Fire Emblem)

Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

EMMI (Metroid Dread)

Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Euden (Dragalia Lost)

Excitebiker (Excitebike)

Fawful (Mario series)

Felix (Golden Sun)

Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Flint (Mother 3)

Frisk (Undertale)

Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Galacta Knight (Kirby series)

Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Ghirahim (Zelda: Skyward Sword)

Gholdengo (Pokemon)

Gulliver (Animal Crossing series)

Hades (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Hector (Fire Emblem)

Heihachi (Tekken series)

Hilda (Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

Hollow Knight

Horace the Horse (Everybody 1-2-Switch!)

Impa (Zelda series)

Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Jeanne (Bayonetta series)

Jeff (Earthbound)

Jill (Drill Dozer)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)

Jody Summer (F-Zero series)

K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing series)

Kamek / Magikoopa (Mario series)

Kapp'n (Animal Crossing series)

Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven series)

Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

King Hippo (Punch-Out! series)

Klonoa

Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic series)

Koraidon (Pokemon)

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Krystal (Star Fox series)

Kumatora (Mother 3)

Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Leif (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)

Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil series)

Lip (Panel de Pon)

Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

Louie (Pikmin series)

Lyn (Fire Emblem)

M. Bison / Dictator (Street Fighter series)

Mabel (Animal Crossing series)

Mach Rider

Magolor (Kirby series)

Mallo (Pushmo series)

Mallow (Super Mario RPG)

Marin (Zelda series)

Marina & Pearl (Splatoon series)

Marx (Kirby series)

Master Chief (Halo series)

Master Higgins (Adventure Island series)

Medusa (Kid Icarus series)

Meowscarada (Pokemon)

Meowth (Pokemon)

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Midna (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Mii (New Variant)

Mike Jones (StarTropics)

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

Mio (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

Mipha (Zelda series)

Miraidon (Pokemon)

Mona (Warioware series)

Monokuma (Danganronpa)

Monster Hunter Playable Character (Monster Hunter series)

Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)

Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out! series)

Ms. Pac-man (Pac-man series)

Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)

Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Ninjara (ARMS)

Ninten (MOTHER / Earthbound Beginnings)

Noah (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

Oatchi (Pikmin)

Octoling (Splatoon)

Officer Howard (Astral Chain)

Ogerpon (Pokemon)

Paper Mario

Paula (Earthbound)

Pauline (Mario series)

Pawmot (Pokemon)

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)

Plusle & Minun (Pokemon)

Poo (Earthbound)

Poochy (Yoshi series)

Prince of Sablé (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls)

Professor Herschel Layton (Professor Layton series)

Proto Man (Mega Man series)

Rabbid (Rabbids series)

Rauru (Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom)

Raven Beak (Metroid series)

Rayman

Revali (Zelda series)

Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Ribbon Girl (ARMS)

Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventures)

Rodin (Bayonetta series)

Rookie (Daemon X Machina)

Rover (Animal Crossing series)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Ryuta Ippongi (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)

Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)

Sami (Advance Wars series)

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)

Sans (Undertale)

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)

Seliph (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic series)

Shantae

Shovel Knight

Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Skull Kid (Zelda series)

Slime (Dragon Quest series)

Slippy Toad (Star Fox series)

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)

Sportsmate (Nintendo Switch Sports)

Spring Man (ARMS)

Starfy (Starfy series)

Style Savvy Player Character

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)

Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Super Macho Man (Punch-Out! series)

Sylux (Metroid series)

Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Tails (Sonic series)

Terra (Final Fantasy VI)

Tetra (Zelda series)

Tibby (Rhythm Heaven series)

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Tifa (Final Fantasy VII)

Tiki (Fire Emblem series)

Tingle (Zelda series)

Tinkaton (Pokemon)

Toad (Mario series)

Toadette (Mario series)

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing series)

Toon Zelda (Zelda series)

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes series)

Twintelle (ARMS)

Urban Champion (Urban Champion)

Urbosa (Zelda series)

Vaati (Zelda series)

Vault Boy (Fallout series)

Veyle (Fire Emblem Engage)

Vince (Art Academy)

Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Waluigi (Mario series)

Yuki Kozukata (Fatal Frame)

Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)

Zagreus (Hades)

Zelda (Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom version)

Zero (Mega Man X series)

Zoroark (Pokemon)
I would highly suggest organizing characters into groups, probably by series, rather than posting a really long list in alphabetical order. Makes it easier to actually keep track of which characters are accounted for.

People can jump between series to see all current suggestions rather than scrolling and searching through the list for certain characters and potentially forgetting they already saw them or potentially miss them outright due to the sheer volume of characters listed.

Especially for series with lots of potential candidates like FE and Pokemon, if someone has to make their own list while scrolling through yours then it could probably use some better organization.

I also have to ask if there's any particular criteria or cutoff point for this list?

Long as it is already, people could suggest any number of characters and they would still count as potential newcomers.

I could sit here and start suggesting a second Kingdom Hearts or someone from other smaller but still prominent Square RPGs like the Mana or Bravely series. Maybe I missed them because the list is so long, but I didn't spot the Soul Calibur series, DoA (Ryu doesn't count), Atelier, etc. etc. You get the idea.

It's a bit too vague of a question. You could pass the thousand character mark and still have hundreds of suggestions left over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom