• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sadly my amazing Echoes of wisdom reaction will never be seen!
Im never gonna do stupid streaming again!
Also I think my dream of having smol zelda be playable might become real heres how i handle it:
Smash 6 Zelda Roster Concept (with echoes of wisdom):
1718725291448.png
Champion Link (uses new moves from Botw/ TOTK)
1718725336705.png
Champion Zelda (Uses a modified version of her old moveset)
1718725250643.png
Smol Link (Uses a modified version of his classic moveset)
1718725378403.png
Smol Zelda (Uses the trirod)
Ganondorf( (gets a brandnew moveset with old and new moves)
Impa (Replaces Sheik has a dagger and similar moves to her but with a couple of new refrences)
Octorok (i love this dude)
1718725693851.png
Goron (is based around their Age of wisdom/ Oracle games Design)

That would leave us with an even split of classic and modern Stuff! And it could make a potentially bigger roster really intersting!
BTW if i had to cut it down to 6 it'l be:

Smol Link
Smol Zelda (has more classic magic moves)
Champion Link
Ganondorf
Goron
And AOC Impa

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Meanwhile, it seems as if Super Mario Party: Jamboree is using Charles Martinet’s voice clips. It’s a bit hard to hear as the voice over speaks, so I can’t get a good read on Mario, Luigi, Wario, or Waluigi’s voice lines.
Shame. I wanted SOMETHING released this year to be the game where we finally hear Afghani's Waluigi.

Clearly not going to be a Smash BCP anymore but Metroid Prime 4 escaping development hell? MvC2 being freed in non-Arcade1up form? I'm okay with this.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Also with Mario Party, alongside Skeleton Key and Boo Bell being on the box, I just realized they said that the Turbo Dice on the raceway board (which appear as a set of 4 dice) were said to let you move up to 40 spaces if you get a lucky roll, which means the dice is 1-10 again and not like 1-6 like Super Mario Party.

The slash sale in the mall making the stars 10 coins also makes me think they're 20 normally, as is tradition.

My only hope is that this game doesn't require Joycons, because otherwise it might be exactly what I'm looking for lol

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
However, I'm surprised that they didn't mention any new information about Pokémon Legends: Z-A in today's Nintendo.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You are not allowed to support Sylux yet.

Until the game releases, he's still technically in the realm of "we're gonna do something with him, I promise" like before.

That said...

ZOMG METROiD PRIME 4 HYPE!!!!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You are not allowed to support Sylux yet.

Until the game releases, he's still technically in the realm of "we're gonna do something with him, I promise" like before.

That said...

ZOMG METROiD PRIME 4 HYPE!!!!
Can't wait for him to just be the tutorial boss and do nothing beyond that :4wario2:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i was quite happy with that direct. here's some reactions

NEW ZELDA!!!!! YES!!!!
a new Mario & Luigi is very welcome and Brothership is a hilariously bad name
DKCR HD is a tad disappointing
new Mario Party looks pretty solid but i think i've lost interest in the series
MP4 looks great
Fantasian looks interesting may keep an eye on it
Mio gives me a vibe i feel like i've seen many times
i do like a monster collecting game but Farmagia's creatures looks pretty average. might keep an eye anyway
I was just thinking about the Denpamen before the direct
nice couple of GBA games
the MVC collection looks great but I'm too bad at it to play it
the Ace Attorney games will be good fun
Stray looks like it takes itself to seriously for a game about a cat. which is what I heard
The Shire game actually looks kinda dull
the danganrompa devs have a distinct style
Romancing the SaGa looks like it could be fun but I'm not sure

it'll be interesting to see if any of it turns up in the next smash. if it is in early development as some suspect it would be good for them first party games

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I didn’t notice it the first time around. Mario & Luigi: Brothership seemingly has Kevin Afghani as the Bros.’ voice actor. Nintendo are likely transitioning to him as the main voice actor for the four Italian plumbers, eventually.

Meanwhile, it seems as if Super Mario Party: Jamboree is using Charles Martinet’s voice clips. It’s a bit hard to hear as the voice over speaks, so I can’t get a good read on Mario, Luigi, Wario, or Waluigi’s voice lines.

Just thought it was neat to share this info.
I'm 99% sure that Daisy is voiced by Giselle Fernandez in the new Mario Party, so the plumbers are probably using Kevin's clips too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Zelda! I wonder if she'll have a staff next Smash...
Eh knowing Sakurai and how minimalistic he is with changing character movesets between games, I think it will most likely just replace her Phantom down special, (maybe even combine it a little depending on how late the game is by the time they finalized the plans for the next Smash considering it already essentially involves her summoning an enemy to fight for her briefly..)

Maybe switch between an Octorock, Moblin and Dark Nut depending on how long you hold the button.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Everything about that Echoes of Wisdom intro was SPECIFICALLY designed to be a fake out, I can sense it. Toy Link again, Ganon battle again... and then everything suddenly turns on its head. That was impressive!

Though, Zelda in this game gives some ideas I had for summoners in Smash a bit of competition. Not sure how I feel about that.

Stratos

Smash Ace
About Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, as it is known the planet Phaaze was destroyed and with it the dangerous substance Phazon as well as Dark Samus, that is Phazon derived its existence from Phaaze and Dark Samus who is Metroid Prime who took this form and who was before becoming Dark Samus, was a Metroid that was created and mutated with Phazon. Therefore since the planet Phaaze was destroyed and this resulted in the disappearance of Phazon from the galaxy, then Dark Samus will also be completely gone. But on the other hand (though impossible) Dark Samus might not be dead but just lost her Phazon based abilities let alone have anything Phazon related. Of course all these are simple theories, we cannot know what will actually happen and what is true. Besides, Metroid Prime 4: Beyond was just mentioned in the Nintendo Direct today, so we're looking forward (though I don't have to say it and write it) to its 2025 release date.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I got Donkey Kong and am satisfied. The bare minimum Donkey Kong perhaps. But Donkey Kong regardless. Strangely enough since caching a flu this Friday I got into playing Tropical Freeze. This is nice, and I'll take it.

The new Zelda starring Zelda is also welcome. Looks good. I'm like others pretty sure Zelda is gonna be based around this next Smash. At least the staff Echo thing for D9wn B. Wonder if there'd a "Echoes of Courage" planned as a sequel.

Also yeah Metroid. Damn. This was about time. Congrats for the patience people. I was skeptical myself. Game's looking great tho. Probably will get this.

Overall it was a good Direct. I hoped to have seen Fire Emblem 4 too, but probably another time. The rumors made me hungry for StarFox Assault too. Never got to play that game and it always looked mighty awesome to me. I hope it happens.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It would be funny and parallel Intelligent Systems if Monolith were developing Mario & Luigi now.

Int. Systems has Fire Emblem and Paper Mario.
Monolith Soft could have Xenoblade and Mario & Luigi.
Also possibly very likely, as apparently from what I can find, Hiroyuki Kubota (Field design lead/game design director/director, plus scenario credits too) works at Monolith Soft now, so Monolith may have hired on a lot of the staff alongside him.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can't wait for him to just be the tutorial boss and do nothing beyond that :4wario2:
Especially after exuding off that "I lived, *****." energy.

Man, that trailer really gave me vibes from when Metroid Dread was revealed. Maybe not as much as Dread itself with that game being hinted since 2007/08 and being the next 2D Metroid in around 20 years, but Sylux being hinted at for the next game with the ending teaser in 2007/08 and revealing themselves with this trailer comes close.
Metroid certainly knows how to do a reveal trailer.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Okay Metroid gamers, time to choose your new rep.

Raven Beak or Sylux
Not a Metroid gamer, but i'll throw my two cents on the matter:
Like i said previously, it depends when the roster was picked and the amount of newcomers we'll get in the next game in the base game.
I feel if the roster was finalized on 2023 and Sakurai wants around 13 newcomers instead of 6 (non-echo) newcomers like Ultimate in the base game, there's a good chance we could see Raven Beak playable still, if we have a small number of base game newcomers again i could easily see Raven Beak still miss the boat.
Sylux feels like he could make it as DLC tbh, a 2025 game might be too late for base if Smash 6 releases around late 2026.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
That was a much better direct than I was expecting for what may have been the last og Switch-only Direct. Especially since what with the Switch 2 (seemingly) being delayed into next year, with what seemed like a pretty barren landscape closing out 2024.

I mean, when a new Zelda, even one of the "2D" ones isn't your opener or closer, you've got a pretty solid show.

I'm still entirely convinced that MP4 is also coming to Switch 2 though, and once it's revealed the marketing will shift to that console being the focus. I'm a little surprised the reveal wasn't held off for that, tbh, since it still would've been a solid show without it. I suspect that was probably the plan before the delay.

Other highlights for me being the Marvel/Capcom collection and Perfect Dark. I wouldn't have predicted that one showing up before Tooie.

It is kind of weird all three of the Mario RPG series are showing up within basically a year, but... that's not bad. Just strange they'd schedule things like that.

Oh and also where is that FE remake? I still think it's real, just because... I think Nintendo would have a FE remake in development. Even without any claims that would seem believable to me. But man, even with them purportedly sitting on it... it's been a long time since we first heard about that one.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
About Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, as it is known the planet Phaaze was destroyed and with it the dangerous substance Phazon as well as Dark Samus, that is Phazon derived its existence from Phaaze and Dark Samus who is Metroid Prime who took this form and who was before becoming Dark Samus, was a Metroid that was created and mutated with Phazon. Therefore since the planet Phaaze was destroyed and this resulted in the disappearance of Phazon from the galaxy, then Dark Samus will also be completely gone. But on the other hand (though impossible) Dark Samus might not be dead but just lost her Phazon based abilities let alone have anything Phazon related. Of course all these are simple theories, we cannot know what will actually happen and what is true. Besides, Metroid Prime 4: Beyond was just mentioned in the Nintendo Direct today, so we're looking forward (though I don't have to say it and write it) to its 2025 release date.
Tanabe's already stated back in 2015 that the story of Dark Samus and Phazon are over.

Yes, this was from nearly 10 years ago, however this interview reveals that he wants to focus more on Sylux which has now clearly come to pass, so yeah. Pretty sure the only future Dark Sammy has now is just as an echo fighter in Smash (assuming she doesn't get cut, hopefully!)

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I think we might already know all the possible newcomers of the next game base game as i believe 2024 might be the cut-off.
They're probably already deciding the newcomers by now, if they haven't already.
However, there could still be an stage or AT from an upcoming game that hasn't been revealed yet, like i could see DAY 1 Switch 2 games getting a stage or AT, but i think we might be able to predict some base game newcomers somewhat accurately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom